Alison's attempt at Atkins!(Comments welcome)

Alison, you're doing a great job! I've just read your journal today - don't quite know how I've missed it :confused: before but I'll be keeping an eye out for you from now on!

I also eat low-carb and am impressed with your menus. Your food sounds so yummy! I've gotten a bit stale with my menus.

Keep up the good work - I'm sure that extra pound is just water weight and will slip away quickly. ::yes::

Alison, I just read your journal. You are doing an amazing job. What an inspiration. As far as sticking to induction, be carefl not to get bored. I ended up off program for that very reason, but I'm back on.:rolleyes: I'll keep an eye out for further entries to your journal. Keep up the great work.
Beth

and congrats for getting through the holidays without Christmas pudding.

Like you I'm trying to stay to "Induction" level carbs (20 or less per day), however, I'm not sticking to what is allowed on the "induction" diet. (for example, cottage cheese is not allowed on induction - I now will have a half cup for a count of 4 carbs)

I have not had a problem staying between 8 and 20 carbs per day with three meals and two snacks daily. I have a food scale and will measure out serving sizes so that I don't have too much cheese for snacks or nuts.

Best of luck to you!

-Laurie

Well, it's been waaaaaay too long since I posted here, but Dh Shaun (BONZO) has been posting, so I feel like at least one of us is posting on their journal!

I've not been doing too well - not actively cheating (no pasta, rice, bread or sugar) just eating too much of what is OK. So I've been putting on a pound, losing two - you know, that one step forward, 2 steps back thing.

Anyway, I've got my rear in gear now - and feeling really good! No cream, little cheese, no nuts....and I'm motoring!

Went swimming tonight, and doing at least 10 minutes on the dance mat everyday.

So, hoping for a good result on weigh in day this week!

Well, after my very motivated week last week - I lost 3lbs - and gained a new gold clippie!

Having an average week this week - had a chinese takeaway Friday night (not good!) but have been good ever since, so fingers crossed it won't affect my loss too much.

The clippie looks great. When is weigh in? Here's some pixie dust for you.:wizard:
Beth

Thanks! Weigh in day is Thursday for me...so I'm being pretty strict with myself at the moment! (Have to make up for last Friday!)

OK - I lost a pound this week1 I was really pleased with that after the Chinese takeaway meal (ate loads of pancakes and crispy prawn crackers too!)

I'll have to make sure I'm good this week too, to make sure it doesn't catch up with me!

I'm trying really hard to get into Onderland before I go on vacation - just look at that countown - only 7 weeks to go, so I should make it! Actually I'd love to lose 9 pounds before we go away...but I'll settle for 5, to get to 199!

Keep up the good work. This board has been a godsend for me. Isn't it amazing the temptations that are placed in front of you every day!

I view this board as somewhat of a personal accountability board. I feel that to achieve my goal I have a sense that I don't want to let others down or myself. So when I feel like cheating, I think what will I tell the board tonight.

I really have enjoyed your posts!

Keep at it! I know you will lose it before your trip. Eeks - 7 weeks....have you got your packing finished yet? All reservations made? Checked and double checked everything?? Panic mode???

:jumping1:

Jumping through your shorts???? hehe

allison, great job making up for hte chinese and still losing a pound! i am very confident in you that you can make it to onederland by your trip! no doubt, you can do it :teeth:

Well done darling!

(thought I'd come and meddle with your thread! - LOL )

The physical transformation has been quite OUTSTANDING - she's nearly half the woman she was a few months ago! - LOL

The girls and I are extremely proud of all your efforts so far!

Hey! You are doing a great job! I'm sure Bonzo's support helps--it's great to see both of you on here. I'll be at DW in about 7 week too and I really want about 9 more pounds off before then too! We can do it! I am amazed by how quickly you've been dropping--onderland will be yours in no time! Have a great day! :sunny:

Thanks for your comments everyone! Including yours Shaun!

I've lost another pound this week - so close to the elusive Onderland now - weighing in at 203 now!!

OK - another fortnightly update!

I've been starting to introduce new foods a bit too quickly I think!! I had a bad week where I put 2 lbs on (I tried several new fruits, and lots of the low carb goodies that are just starting to appear in our shops here in the UK).

It's taught me to go really slow with new foods now! And also to try to avoid the low carb bars, crisps, chocolate etc where possible.

So I've lost 1lb this week, which I was pleased with. If you've read DH's journal (BONZO) then you'll know that I had a girls only weekend away in London, followed by a family trip to the West Country in England (Devon - just think cream teas - scones, jam, clotted cream etc) - so lots of temptation! Anyway - I didn't give in!!

So things are looking up! I have 5lbs to lose to get to Onderland.....hope I can make it!!

Alison, only 5 pounds to go!! :bounce: I just know you're going to make it, especially with Bonzo....er, Shaun there to support you! You have less than 4 weeks until Disney - how exciting! You'll do lots of extra walking there so no need to worry.

Keep going, Alison - Onederland is waiting for you!! :sunny:

Hang in there Allison. I'll race you there. I have 5 pounds to 199. Very best of luck.

Thanks for your comments! Getting closer and closer now - I weighed in at 201 today, just 2lb to go til I hit Onderland - and just one more pound til I get a new clippie! Woo hoo!

I've been very very motivated and focussed this week - must be because the vacation is getting so close. I've cut right down on cheese and cream, and it seems to have done the trick!

Alison, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new tag!! :p

Keep on going, Alison!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter