AK Arusha SAV view room requests

melbatoast

Dis Fan
Are there better locations than others for the Arusha Sav?? Just wondering what to request. Thanks!

I did a request for "lots of good animal viewing". My room was near the end of Kudu trail on the 3rd floor overlooking Arusha. I like the 3rd floor a lot because it's on the same floor as the lobby. The animal viewing was great as the animals were being fed nearby. I felt like we got good close-up views of the animals and a good panorama of the Savannah.

However the pool and Mara, the quick service, are on the Zebra Trail side. I didn't mind since I didn't use either. But if the pool or access to the quick service is important to you, you'll probably want to request Zebra trail. I was offered the first section of Zebra trail but I turned it down because I thought there would be lots of traffic by my door from people going to the elevator for other floors, the pool and Mara.

After looking at the map, it was a coin flip for me for either Kudu or Zebra trail 3rd floor. But I knew I wanted to be past the first bank of elevators on either side to minimize traffic by my door. I wanted the 3rd floor because it felt closer to the lobby since I didn't have to use the elevator or stairs. However there are porch areas on the second floor with rocking chairs, which is also very nice.

The morning sun came directly into my room at the end of Kudu trail, so I'd guess that the end of Zebra trail has a western view. Western views can be quite hot in the summer.

However all of this is a bit of splitting hairs. As I think I would've enjoyed any of the Arusha Savannah rooms. It's a gorgeous resort!

We were at AKL in early Nov. We had a room on the zebra trail arusha view on the 3rd floor which is the lobby floor. We were in room 3437. We were next to the elevator so it was a little loud. BUT, the view of the animals far out weighed the kids voices. The room was a short walk to the shuttle.
My only complaint was the breakfast buffet was mediocre. They had a wide assortment of food but the pastries tasted old. The hot food that was 'native' to Africa was a good opportunity to try something different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter