Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

I used Supershuttle from LAX to my Disneyland hotel and it was awesome as a solo traveler. However I do NOT recommend them for going TO the airport. They had an idea of what time I should get there and would not let me change it. I almost missed my flight! Next time I'm splurging on uber.

Dear Lord, what time did they pick you up? For example when was your flight leaving in relation to when they got you? I ask because we'very booked a round trip with them and on I'm nervous about missing our flight lol.

This is super great information for me to know. How long before my flight should I be leaving? I live in Canada so it would be an international flight.

US too (we will be flying back to Canada). I've already booked a round trip with Super Shuttle but now I'm worried. I did specify international flight.

Just got back and took the Disneyland express. Worked out great. Bus leaves every hour. On your return to lax give yourself enough time. Consider taking an early bus if your flight is in the morning

Just got back and took the Disneyland express. Worked out great. Bus leaves every hour. On your return to lax give yourself enough time. Consider taking an early bus if your flight is in the morning

Unfortunately I couldn't use the bus for our upcoming trip as our flight lands too late (last bus is 8PM and we land at 8:23PM).

The flat rate to Disneyland is a good deal. Taxi pickup is right outside baggage claim, while Uber/Lyft has been moved to the parking garage (no longer curbside).

That was another bonus, that the taxi stand is easier to get to, without having to hoof it to a farther location. I kinda think they want to make it more inconvenient to use Uber/Lyft, vs using the companies they’ve had years-long contracts with...

I'm actually flying out there on Friday, from the UK and I'm a single older female visitor. I used DRE on my last trip in 2015 and I'm booked with them again. I was impressed with the service last time and I'll try to remember to let you know how it goes this time, it'll be next week as I'll do both ways before I review it again. I was dropped off at my resort last time, but, they pick you up at a bus stop a very short walk away. Im staying on South Harbor Drive by the way, ideal location for DL.
That would be awesome if you could let me know how it goes. Hope it's a great trip :)

Honestly, I rent a car when I am solo most of the time. I just feel safer taking myself to/from places.

I've never felt much need of a car myself when at Disneyland since I stay walking distance to the parks and everything I need is so close (other than the airport I guess), and if I want to go to Knotts or something I just Uber. When I go to WDW I always rent a car since we stay off property in a villa and need a car to get around to restaurants, grocery store, parks, etc.

Question - does Yellow Cab accept digital payments? Or do we need to carry cash?
I honestly have no idea, I’ve always paid cabs in cash, so I will just plan on having cash with me for that purpose. I looked at the “book online” thing, but that’s what told me the fare would be at least 43 dollars... so I think I’m just gonna take my chances and show them them the flat rate page and hopefully that’s what I’ll get. I kinda figure that regardless, we’ll get there much sooner than we would if we took the Express, so that would justify any additional cost, haha...

I honestly have no idea, I’ve always paid cabs in cash, so I will just plan on having cash with me for that purpose. I looked at the “book online” thing, but that’s what told me the fare would be at least 43 dollars... so I think I’m just gonna take my chances and show them them the flat rate page and hopefully that’s what I’ll get. I kinda figure that regardless, we’ll get there much sooner than we would if we took the Express, so that would justify any additional cost, haha...
Please report back! We are planning to use Yellow Cab at the flat rate as well.

I've never felt much need of a car myself when at Disneyland since I stay walking distance to the parks and everything I need is so close (other than the airport I guess), and if I want to go to Knotts or something I just Uber. When I go to WDW I always rent a car since we stay off property in a villa and need a car to get around to restaurants, grocery store, parks, etc.

I don't usually go anywhere with the car, I just like having one. One time, I got really sick and it was nice to be able to get in the car and go to Walgreens for OTC meds and Gatorade.

Please report back! We are planning to use Yellow Cab at the flat rate as well.
I definitely will! I’m really looking forward to getting our luggage and being able to just hop in a car and go, I’m used to the bus taking SO LONG to go to several other hotels before we finally arrive... last time we got to GCH, they had construction out front, and we had to hoof it from PPH with our luggage in tow because the bus couldn’t go through. Then it was so late, our check-in line was over an hour long. I’m hoping it’ll go a little more smoothly this time!

Reactions: EmJ
I've read so many bad reviews about the DRE that I'm concerned about that option. Have you had any experiences using it? Good or bad?

I used DRE from LAX on Wednesday 11 September. Because of my arrival time I wasn't sure I was going to get to the bus stop by 3.45pm so waited until I was through immigration before booking. The booking process was pretty easy but for some reason, I didn't get the confirmation email. Ringing them was a breeze though and the email was resent. I was worried that I wouldn't have the booking confirmation before the bus got there but it turns out they don't check your tickets /get your payment until you get to Anaheim (Disneyland Hotel). I was the only one on the bus after the Disneyland Hotel and as there was little traffic behind us, the bus driver stopped outside my hotel (Grand Legacy) to drop me off. So the trip from LAX was great and took about 1hr 50 mins. As I was travelling solo though, I was prepared to sacrifice time for budget.

Unfortunately, the return trip was far from great. I had planned to catch the bus back to LAX on Sunday 15 September at 5.40pm so was at the bus stop early to make sure I didn't miss it; I was so early I even saw the bus coming from LAX. Sadly, that was the last bus I saw. At 6pm I started to think that something was amiss so rang DRE. Sure enough, there was no bus coming. I was so shocked I didn't ask why, I just wanted to know how were they going to get me to LAX. The good news is, they arranged alternative transport. The not so good news is that I wasn't on my way until 6.40pm and was pretty stressed out by then, wondering if I should just download Lyft and make my own way to the airport. I stuck it out though and in the end, was glad I did. The alternative transport was Diamond Limos and they were brilliant. They sent a lovely SUV and the driver knew I was running late and got me to LAX pronto. Whew!

Maybe it was a slow time and they figured it wasn't worth their while to send a bus but I had actually booked that time to go back to the airport. They had my contact details. Admittedly they couldn't ring my phone because it was an international number but they had my email. They should have contacted me. I did appreciate the help I got when I rang but would have preferred they were proactive rather than reactive. Thankfully, it didn't mar a fabulous trip but I suspect I won't be using DRE again. If I do though, I will be ringing them an hour before my scheduled departure to check that the bus is actually coming.

I used DRE from LAX on Wednesday 11 September. Because of my arrival time I wasn't sure I was going to get to the bus stop by 3.45pm so waited until I was through immigration before booking. The booking process was pretty easy but for some reason, I didn't get the confirmation email. Ringing them was a breeze though and the email was resent. I was worried that I wouldn't have the booking confirmation before the bus got there but it turns out they don't check your tickets /get your payment until you get to Anaheim (Disneyland Hotel). I was the only one on the bus after the Disneyland Hotel and as there was little traffic behind us, the bus driver stopped outside my hotel (Grand Legacy) to drop me off. So the trip from LAX was great and took about 1hr 50 mins. As I was travelling solo though, I was prepared to sacrifice time for budget.

Unfortunately, the return trip was far from great. I had planned to catch the bus back to LAX on Sunday 15 September at 5.40pm so was at the bus stop early to make sure I didn't miss it; I was so early I even saw the bus coming from LAX. Sadly, that was the last bus I saw. At 6pm I started to think that something was amiss so rang DRE. Sure enough, there was no bus coming. I was so shocked I didn't ask why, I just wanted to know how were they going to get me to LAX. The good news is, they arranged alternative transport. The not so good news is that I wasn't on my way until 6.40pm and was pretty stressed out by then, wondering if I should just download Lyft and make my own way to the airport. I stuck it out though and in the end, was glad I did. The alternative transport was Diamond Limos and they were brilliant. They sent a lovely SUV and the driver knew I was running late and got me to LAX pronto. Whew!

Maybe it was a slow time and they figured it wasn't worth their while to send a bus but I had actually booked that time to go back to the airport. They had my contact details. Admittedly they couldn't ring my phone because it was an international number but they had my email. They should have contacted me. I did appreciate the help I got when I rang but would have preferred they were proactive rather than reactive. Thankfully, it didn't mar a fabulous trip but I suspect I won't be using DRE again. If I do though, I will be ringing them an hour before my scheduled departure to check that the bus is actually coming.
I am glad you made to LAX in time... I am always stressed out about missing flights... That’s why I usually take one bus earlier than I would have to...

When I used DRE last summer the email or website (can’t remember exactly) said to give DRE a call 1-2 days before the pickup back to the airport to tell them which bus your are planning to take from which stop... So I guess that’s very advisable after your experience...

I guess the problem is that you don’t actually reserve a bus... even though you select one while buying your tickets you can still take the bus anytime you want...( at least that’s how I understand it)...I guess right now it is a mix out of a fix schedule and an “on demand“ schedule...
The process isn’t really thought through I guess...

I am wondering if anyone has used MidWilShuttle before? They have excellent reviews and great pricing to and from SNA and LAX. We usually Uber from SNA but are departing from LAX this time and booked this company. Anyone? :0

Help! I’m booking my airline tickets right this second and need a gut check on how long it takes to get from Best Western Park Place Inn to SNA. I’m contemplating a 6:44 am flight and wondering on a scale of 1-10 how much my family will... complain 😬

ETA: Nevermind, I found it right there on the first page 🤦‍♀️. Anyway, our flights are booked. I’m going to Disneyland!

Last edited:
On our last trip, we actually had a rental car since the Sweetie was just finishing up a work trip. So, we have not been at SNA since Uber/Lyft became a thing.

Are they easy to get from SNA? Do they have a special "ride share" pick up area? I'm used to Las Vegas, where getting Lyft is super easy and definitely cheaper/easier than taxi.

We don't like to do shuttles--take me straight to my hotel, please!

thanks for any tips!

On our last trip, we actually had a rental car since the Sweetie was just finishing up a work trip. So, we have not been at SNA since Uber/Lyft became a thing.

Are they easy to get from SNA? Do they have a special "ride share" pick up area? I'm used to Las Vegas, where getting Lyft is super easy and definitely cheaper/easier than taxi.

thanks for any tips!
The first post of this thread has information about ride share at SNA. Posters say that it is easy to get Uber/Lyft at SNA and that the experience is positive.

thanks for any tips!
So Uber / Lyft picks up in the parking structure on level three. Just go to level 3 and cross into the parking structure. They pick up by the elevators. They used to do curbside by baggage claim, but the airport moved them across.
We’ve done Uber several times there, and it works great. Usually about 30 minutes unless traffic is snarled up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter