Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

On our last trip, we actually had a rental car since the Sweetie was just finishing up a work trip. So, we have not been at SNA since Uber/Lyft became a thing.

Are they easy to get from SNA? Do they have a special "ride share" pick up area? I'm used to Las Vegas, where getting Lyft is super easy and definitely cheaper/easier than taxi.

We don't like to do shuttles--take me straight to my hotel, please!

thanks for any tips!
California Yellow Cab advertises a flat rate of $29 for a cab from SNA to Disneyland. That's what we plan to do, since I am a caveman who does not understand the Uber.

Will you have a booster seat for your son?
Yes! Ordinarily, we take his Evenflo SecureKid, but it is large and clunky. By the time we travel next year, he will be older than five, plus he is a giant :) I'm contemplating switching to a Mifold for travel, but am still researching what would be the best option for him. Recommendations welcome!

... I'm contemplating switching to a Mifold for travel, but am still researching what would be the best option for him. Recommendations welcome!
Mifold gets very good reviews here! Posters suggest trying it out a few times before your trip to get used to using it. After that, it is very easy to use and store (e.g. tote bag, locker, etc.).

Reactions: EmJ

Mifold gets very good reviews here! Posters suggest trying it out a few times before your trip to get used to using it. After that, it is very easy to use and store (e.g. tote bag, locker, etc.).
Yes, that's my plan. I'm waiting for him to turn 5, and then whatever seat we choose I will use for short trips to school, the grocery, etc., until I'm confident he can sit properly for the 30 minutes it would take to get from SNA to DL. Also, I would be in the back seat with him, so I can provide reminders if needed :)

So Uber / Lyft picks up in the parking structure on level three. Just go to level 3 and cross into the parking structure. They pick up by the elevators. They used to do curbside by baggage claim, but the airport moved them across.
We’ve done Uber several times there, and it works great. Usually about 30 minutes unless traffic is snarled up.

Awesome, thank you! ...I did try to find Uber/Lyft info in the main post, but was unsuccessful.

I've never flown into either of these airports. We currently have tickets on Southwest to fly in/out of Burbank. I see now Southwest has a sale on tickets in/out of LAX for the same price.
Can anyone give me any insight on which option is better? Pluses/minuses or each?We are planning on using Uber or Lyft to get to and from our hotel on Harbor.
Thanks in advance!

I've not gone to Disneyland from Burbank, but I have flown into both airports. LAX is a huge airport and it can take a considerable amount of time just to navigate through the airport, to the ride-share pick-up location, and then get out of the airport itself. Burbank is a small airport, pretty easy to navigate, and easy to get out of, but there are far fewer amenities in the terminal. I've not had a problem getting a Uber/Lyft at Burbank, but I've usually been there in the morning when all the commuter flights are arriving. I don't know it is at other times of the day. That being said, personally, while LAX might be closer, I would opt for Burbank just because it's an easier airport to deal with.

I’ve only flown in and out of LAX and really don’t find it that bad. Yes it’s busy but it’s a major airport on the west coast, it’s supoosed to be busy. Also, I might be a little bias towards it since I live down the street from there, and am able to navigate the airport and the surrounding area very well. It’s not that far from Anaheim and you can use Uber, Lyft, or shuttles to get there.

Burbank is very far. Especially if you have to travel down to Anaheim during rush hour. That can easily be a 2 hour drive.

I've flown in and out of Burbank a few times on business, and I really like it. It's a small airport -- just two terminals and a total of 14 gates. It's a little less frenetic. It's easy to get in and out of. It's a lot easier to get to car rentals than at LAX. And from the airport, it's a little over a mile to I-5, and then it's a straight shot to Disneyland -- which may be a little easier than than the trip from LAX if you aren't comfortable in LA traffic.

But I'm not sure any of those thing make much of a difference if you are taking Uber. You're going to have to walk a little further through LAX to get to ground transportation, but it's not hard to navigate. From there, your Uber driver does all the work, and you're starting seven miles closer.

So in your case, the only reason I'd consider Burbank over LAX is if you're uncomfortable with or intimidated by the frenetic-ness of LAX. I find it quite manageable, but it might not be for everyone. On the other hand, if you're okay with big airports, LAX would be better, in my opinion.

My two cents. Burbank all the way. I've flown in and out of BUR and LAX numerous times. Whenever I can, I choose BUR. Even if it is 7 miles father away, for me, the smaller scale and dramatically reduced drama and hassle at BUR make it preferable. LAX is a regular and reliable cluster-you-know-what. Maybe I am just cursed but long wait for luggage, traffic snarl getting in and out, cancelled and delayed flights all have happened more times than not when I've had to fly LAX. Ooo just thinking about it is raising my blood pressure!

My two cents. Burbank all the way. I've flown in and out of BUR and LAX numerous times. Whenever I can, I choose BUR. Even if it is 7 miles father away, for me, the smaller scale and dramatically reduced drama and hassle at BUR make it preferable. LAX is a regular and reliable cluster-you-know-what. Maybe I am just cursed but long wait for luggage, traffic snarl getting in and out, cancelled and delayed flights all have happened more times than not when I've had to fly LAX. Ooo just thinking about it is raising my blood pressure!

It's worth a little extra to fly into SNA, LGB and ONT (in that order).Burbank vs. LAX is a coin flip. LAX is closer but absolute hell. Burbank is really nice to fly into but a longer drive to Anaheim. I'd choose Burbank. You are on vacation, why tolerate LAX if you don't have to?

We flew into LAX last year for the first time, and we didn't find it that bad. We found Disneyland Express easily and the ride was pretty quick. Then again, we fly in and out of Orlando 2 or 3 times a year. LAX handles a lot more passengers because of overseas travel, but Orlando is absolutely gigantic.

Sometimes I get a wild hair, and decide to try something new but likely inconvenient... This time, it was to try 2 new airports on my last trip to/from Disneyland. I've done LAX like 3 or 4 times in the past, SNA about the same, but most often go to LGB from PDX (Portland).

But, the price was right, so we flew into Burbank for like $69. I was expecting an ouchie for Uber and wasn't disappointed--$80. We flew in at 3:45pm, waited for our checked luggage, had a potty break, compared Lyft/Uber prices, and were hopping into our Uber at 4:20 or so. Guess what time we got to our hotel.... No, not 5:30. No, not 6:00. Nope, not 6:15, or 6:30. Two hangry adults and a 7yo kiddo begging for dinner for 2.5 hours in an Uber. I'm not flying into Burbank in the afternoon ever again. That being said, it was easy to navigate.

Flying in/out of LAX has been hit-or-miss. We've had it take 2 hours on a Sunday afternoon to from the airport to the hotel, but I understand that's an anomaly. We've had it take 90 minutes to get through TSA to go home but I understand that was during some construction. For what we typically save in airline costs, we make up in Uber/Lyft prices. (I refuse to use those shuttle bus vans and had a few rough times with the Disneyland Resort Express [90 minutes late, driver talking on cell phone at ear, door not closing all the way, changing prices when it's time to pay], so 2 cheapish options are gone).

It's worth a little extra to fly into SNA, LGB and ONT (in that order).Burbank vs. LAX is a coin flip. LAX is closer but absolute hell. Burbank is really nice to fly into but a longer drive to Anaheim. I'd choose Burbank. You are on vacation, why tolerate LAX if you don't have to?
Ontario is another option, same price as LAX. Any info about Ontario?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter