ADR help please!!!!!

disneygirlsanddrew

DIS Veteran
We are getting ready to make our ADR's soon. We are going to be there 9 nights and we have 2 DD's ages 5 and 2. This is what we are thinking of so far:
Ohana
Chef Mickeys
Akershus
CRT (breakfast or lunch? any advice?)
Whispering Canyon (have never done this one before - is it worth it?):confused3
Fantasmic Pkg with Mama Melrose (we know we will probably need a back up plan with this one and will there be enough food for our 2 1/2 yr old to eat off of our plate since she doesn't qualify for the dining plan?):confused3
1900 Park Fair dinner
Crystal Palace

What else do you recommend? We've done Coral Reef and didn't really care for it. We have also done the Garden Grill one.

Is the Tusker house breakfast good? Is it worth using a table service on breakfast?

Any help is much appreciated.
Oh yeah, one more question, I keep seeing people write on here about a T-rex restaurant. Where is this and is it part of the dining plan?:confused3

Thanks!!!!:cheer2:

we love the Tusker house, the food is great and it is a good start to the day.
T-rex is in DTD and it is not part of the dining plan
CTR - we have done both and lunch is my favorite, but breakfast isn't bad either.

we went to mama melrose fantasmic package last feb with a 2.5 year old and there was lots of food. You get appatizer due to the package so lots too share.

Tuskerhouse we didn't really like....didn't care too much for the food and waited 1 hr with a reservation. It was also really really loud!! I have noisy kids and I am used to loud but we didn't care for it.

We liked cape may breakfast and also loike crystal palace breakfast (pooh and friends)

We did crt at dinner and enjoyed the fairy godmother and the mice...they put on a dinner type show.

We also enjoyed spirit of aloah with my 2 and 4 yeard old.

T-rex is not on ddp from what I understand. We were going to pay oop for it but when we went to check it out I think it would have scared my 2 yr old but every child is different.

my kids really enjoyed teppan eddo they loved watching the food being prepared in front of them....it was there favourite even more so that characters.

we liked arkeus at dinner more so than crt.

I did adr's today and got a 4:25 at mama melrose with package so you might be ok.....first they told me they only had 3:05 but I asked her to check again and bingo i got it.

hoopt that helps

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what is the spirit of aloha and teppan eddo?

Also, when you called this morning, did you ask the the fantasmic package first thing? i don't know which meal to ask the CM for first!!! So stressful!!!

Absolutely ask for CRT first if you want to do this and call at 7am EST the first day you can. This goes fast and you have to be flexible to get in. Then do the Fantasmic thing.

I think your choices so far are great, my kids love all of them. Hoop-Dee-Doo would be a great option too, as is Liberty Tree Tavern.

I wouldn't ever worry about having enough food for your 2 1/2 year old. There is so much food that when you are ordering an adult en tree you could share with your older child and have enough for both of you. We do this often to stretch our meals out over the trip to get some extras.

I did call at 7am and the only one I couldn't get was ohanna's. I asked for fantasmic first because I really wanted it and was willing to switch to another fantasmic day and move my schedule around. I would ask for crt then fantasmic if it were me.

Teppan eddo is a japenese ret. They cook your food wight at the table/grill and make it like a bit of a show for the kids. they pile up an onion and make it into a volcano that smokes, made my husbands shrimp talk. kids had chicken with noodles last time.

Spirit of aloha is a dinner show (2 ts credits) it is a hawian show with dancing and fire throwing. They get the audience involved in the show. it is served family style and beer is included in your meal as is the tip.

Ahhh! My husband really wants to eat at Ohana! I know I should ask for CRT first, but then it gets a little ??????????????/ which one next, fantasmic or ohana? Have any of my other choices been "Selling" out?

My family LOVES Hoop De Doo, which is 2 TS credits but makes the top of our list for all three generations of our family.

With 2 young kids you'll want to plan your restaurants so you aren't constantly going all over kingdom come to use your TS credits... space out your plans so you have some down time. My recommendation... when you call, have backup ideas all ready in case you can't get your first choice. That way, you get everything pretty much taken care of in one call. Being willing to take a late lunch time slot will make it easier to get into some "must have" restaurants.

I hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter