ABCs of Trip Reporting, Pt. 2-Life Can Be Crappy and Then You Move On (3/7)

My Dear Ones~

Well, the term is over, and the Holiday Season is upon us. It's been a crazy 12 weeks full of studying, drama, and general busy-ness. Some of which will slacken off for a while... some of which I HOPE to God will slack off permanently.... and some of which will pick back up 4 months from now. Meantime, I really think I may have some free time coming my way.

I want and NEED to be back with you all- I miss you terribly. I miss my predictable life of being at home, DISsing a bit of my day away, and being your "Present"Friend.

Today I spent the day with my oldest at home (the one whose relationship has presented massive amounts of unnecessary drama) driving around looking at Medical colleges so she can pursue an LPN license. We found one that she is pretty excited about, so now begins the process of FAFSA, applications and finding more money than Bill Gates himself has.

But I also spent a fair amount of the day cleaning, which means I have even more free time tomorrow in which to do an update! YAY!! I know I need to speed this up and get done. But I am sad to even say that because I know I have NO trips planned for a VERY long time. Once this TR is over and done, my Disney life will be so much less.

Anyway, I hope to be "back" and able to go back to see some of what I've missed out on the last while on YOUR TRs too! . :goodvibes

Hope you're all having a very magical DAY!!!!

My Dear Ones~

Well, the term is over, and the Holiday Season is upon us. It's been a crazy 12 weeks full of studying, drama, and general busy-ness. Some of which will slacken off for a while... some of which I HOPE to God will slack off permanently.... and some of which will pick back up 4 months from now. Meantime, I really think I may have some free time coming my way.

I want and NEED to be back with you all- I miss you terribly. I miss my predictable life of being at home, DISsing a bit of my day away, and being your "Present"Friend.

Today I spent the day with my oldest at home (the one whose relationship has presented massive amounts of unnecessary drama) driving around looking at Medical colleges so she can pursue an LPN license. We found one that she is pretty excited about, so now begins the process of FAFSA, applications and finding more money than Bill Gates himself has.

But I also spent a fair amount of the day cleaning, which means I have even more free time tomorrow in which to do an update! YAY!! I know I need to speed this up and get done. But I am sad to even say that because I know I have NO trips planned for a VERY long time. Once this TR is over and done, my Disney life will be so much less.

Anyway, I hope to be "back" and able to go back to see some of what I've missed out on the last while on YOUR TRs too! . :goodvibes

Hope you're all having a very magical DAY!!!!

So glad you finally get some breathing time! Feel free to drag out the report as long as you want! :)

Enjoy your time off and I hope the drama goes away.

Jill in CO

Hmmm....braid. And work some of those beads in too, that'd be cool. ;)
And some of those feathers would go good with the toe rings too...... :thumbsup2
And feathers too?? :confused3
Well, I guess you already know my feelings on that one....... :rotfl:
Disney2011419.jpg
(Obviously some additions have been done since I’d ridden this 20 years ago)
Not sure you needed to make this comment. None of us would believe you are that young!!! :rolleyes1

Great Storybook Land update! Not sure I've ever done that one during my two trips to DL. :confused3 Next time I go I'm definitely putting it on my "must do" list!

Welcome back!!!! I know it has been rough but at least school is giving you a break even if family and the holidays aren't.

Take as long as you like. We will stick around for the whole story. :goodvibes

After a bit of trash talk and exposing our more sensitive parts on the TTA, we ambled our way out to the docks for a quick cruise on the Fowler to the TTC for a chariot ride to the Wilder Parts of Disneyville. The views are always spectacular, aren’t they??

DSCN0240.jpg

DSCN0241-Copy.jpg

DSCN0242.jpg

DSCN0245.jpg

And all that journeying made us HUNGRY!! And what better place to nosh than Pizzafari?? Well, actually Flame Tree would have been MUCH better, but that, my friends was C.L.O.S.E.D during our stay. And I’m still pretty miffed, but a year of healing has done me much good. Besides, I had researched Hidden Mickeys and knew that there were several in Pizzafari that I needed to capture while eating OK pizza and fattening up my thighs on unnecessary dessert and pop. At least the salad had some healthful redeeming qualities. (Actually, the choco mousse pretty disgusting and I threw it away too- it was WAY too sweet and rich for me)

DSCN0246-Copy.jpg

DSCN0252.jpg

DSCN0254.jpg

DSCN0250.jpg

DSCN0248.jpg

All in all, Pizzafari was fine. It was pizza. What more can I say. It filled us up, but was not gourmet such as at California Grill; but hey, most often in life, you get what you pay for, right? And this was free. One thing worth noting… I had actually ordered a vegetarian pizza, but they didn’t have any ready. In fact, I had to stand at the counter waiting for almost 15 minutes for a veggie pizza while my stomach made noises that might embarrass you if you were in say, church, or a State Dinner, but luckily there were plenty of hungry, screaming toddlers around to drown out the sounds of hunger coming from within. For my valiant efforts of (mostly) maintaining my dignity and composure, they gave us an extra free pepperoni pizza. And just as waiting for a pizza for 15 minutes seemed unnecessary, so did giving us an extra pizza. We tried and tried and tried to give this untouched pie of Italianess out to several other folks sitting around, but we couldn’t find a taker anywhere, testifying to the portion sizes of said pizzas. Everyone was full up from their own, and we ended up throwing a perfectly good pizza into the trash. It actually hurt doing that.

First up on our agenda was seeing Nemo. I was extremely excited about having LeeAnn watch this one, as it is perhaps my favorite (free) show on prop. Everything about it is top notch, nearing Broadway quality.

DSCN0258.jpg

DSCN0257.jpg

I think if I lived in Orlando, I’d have myself an AP, and would come to AK just to watch the shows during the day. Assuming of course, I was independently wealthy and never had to work. Oh wait, we left Fantasyland earlier in the day… Seriously though, I LOVE to pause a spell and watch the gigs in AK, from Caribbean beats to African rhythms.

The usual animated welcoming committees were there to greet us

DSCN0260.jpg

DSCN0259.jpg

And soon the show began. Spellbound, we cried, laughed, sighed, oohed and aahhed. It was magical, beautiful, delightful. Watching the children catch bubbles, hearing the performers sing, and drinking in the beauty of the set and puppets brought a smile to my face that lasts even now, more than a year later as I write this. If you haven’t seen Finding Nemo, you really need to put that on the top of your list for your next visit to AK!

A first for me was wandering over to Camp Minnie to see another show.

DSCN0303.jpg

DSCN0305.jpg

DSCN0302.jpg

While in line we had a random DISMeet. If you know this DISer do let me know!! I can’t remember her name for the life of me, and it doesn’t seem to be in my notes at all.

DSCN0306.jpg

Continued in next post…

Speaking of DISMeets, we ended up meeting with Pat (Poolrat) once again. It was so great to be able to hang out not once, but several times with her over the course of the trip! Thanks, Pat, for such awesome memories!

Lion King turned out to be a close second for me. I liked it. It is upbeat, the costumes truly amazing, the singing, again, amazing, the tumbling mesmerizing, the audience interaction perfect for all ages. I don’t know what about it that made it not quite a “WOW” as Nemo- something I just can’t quite put my finger on. Perhaps it is something as simple as the storyline that grabs my heart? Did I like it? Yes. Did I love it? Yes. Would I recommend it over Nemo? No.

A few of the craptacular shots I managed to get:

DSCN0310.jpg

DSCN0317.jpg

DSCN0321.jpg

DSCN0322.jpg

And before moving on, important business was attended to- you know… rating the restrooms, of course!

DSCN0323.jpg

We had several hours left before we had to head out for our next Wild Adventure, so why not take in a few more here first!
Enjoy some scenery during your intermission:

Oloo….
DSCN0266.jpg

DSCN0272.jpg

DSCN0263.jpg

DSCN0261.jpg

DSCN0274.jpg

DSCN0277.jpg

DSCN0278.jpg

DSCN0291-1.jpg

DSCN0294-1.jpg

I was really having fun just stopping to enjoy what we were seeing- this trip was very much NO RUSH! And it was WELL worth it! There was time to really see what the Imagineers had taken time to flesh out the story with… all the little details that make each park and each area so rich and complex.

DSCN0298.jpg

DSCN0300.jpg

DSCN0301.jpg

Not only did we get 2 shows in and 2 trails, we also took in not one but two rides on EE! How’s that for expert touring in a few short hours??

DSCN0330.jpg

DSCN0329.jpg

DSCN0328.jpg

Did you know about this cute little hidden gem on the Tree of Life Trail?? In one of the “logs” there are little holes bored out for you to get a “bugs eye view” of things. Pretty nifty, eh??

DSCN0326.jpg

DSCN0327.jpg

DSCN0324.jpg

DSCN0325.jpg

Eventually, it was time to hit the ParkExit Trail so we could head out to a rip roaring good time in other venues. Mary had already taken the car “over there”, so together we boarded a bus and were on our way. And that brings me to the end of our park enjoyment…

DSCN0289.jpg

Hi Liesa! Congrats on your great grades! You are really working hard, but it's paying off! I am still praying that you will all find peace in God's will and things will settle down for awhile. (Who am I kidding, you are raising a houseful of young teens and young adults!:rotfl2:)

Nice updates. I really loved the pic of MK from across the water - reallly vivid colors! Did you photoshop it or was it just that bright?

You got some really great animal pics, too. Some of them look like they are statues or professional shots.

I'm having a hard time checking in here lately - if I don't make it back before, I want to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS! Hope you have time to make some great family memories! :grouphug:

The views are always spectacular, aren’t they??

::yes::

And all that journeying made us HUNGRY!! And what better place to nosh than Pizzafari?? Well, actually Flame Tree would have been MUCH better, but that, my friends was C.L.O.S.E.D during our stay.

:sad1:

Do you have the Disney cookbook? It has the recipe for Flame Tree BBQ sauce, and it turns out great!

Everyone was full up from their own, and we ended up throwing a perfectly good pizza into the trash. It actually hurt doing that.

:sad1::sad1:

If you haven’t seen Finding Nemo, you really need to put that on the top of your list for your next visit to AK!

(writing down Nemo on "things to do" list)

Speaking of DISMeets, we ended up meeting with Pat (Poolrat) once again. It was so great to be able to hang out not once, but several times with her over the course of the trip! Thanks, Pat, for such awesome memories!

:woohoo::thumbsup2

Lion King turned out to be a close second for me. I liked it. It is upbeat, the costumes truly amazing, the singing, again, amazing, the tumbling mesmerizing, the audience interaction perfect for all ages. I don’t know what about it that made it not quite a “WOW” as Nemo- something I just can’t quite put my finger on. Perhaps it is something as simple as the storyline that grabs my heart? Did I like it? Yes. Did I love it? Yes. Would I recommend it over Nemo? No.

I enjoyed the acrobatics of the show--and it DOES have a fire-eating guy. You always get bonus points for a fire-eating guy.

And before moving on, important business was attended to- you know… rating the restrooms, of course!

DSCN0323.jpg

Not surprising it was so low since you appear to have used the men's room. :rotfl2::rotfl:

Not only did we get 2 shows in and 2 trails, we also took in not one but two rides on EE! How’s that for expert touring in a few short hours??

:worship:

Did you know about this cute little hidden gem on the Tree of Life Trail?? In one of the “logs” there are little holes bored out for you to get a “bugs eye view” of things. Pretty nifty, eh??

I had no idea! But that's cool!

And thanks for the "end" shot. That never gets old. :lmao:

A few of the craptacular shots I managed to get:

DSCN0310.jpg

DSCN0317.jpg

DSCN0321.jpg

DSCN0322.jpg

"My" Monkey was not performing that night, yeah that was it. :lmao:

We had fun. Was this the night Mary called and couldn't find the room? Since I always seem to do that, I remembered something about that.

I think Nemo has the unique thing going on withteh puppets and having the handlers performing right along side them. I like Nemo too and my :love: for FOLK is almost purely the tumbling. :blush:

Hmmm, I don't recognize the DISer you met. Maybe she'll pop in here soon and identify herself.

Speaking of
DISMeets, we ended up meeting with Pat (Poolrat) once again.

I suspect she was stalking a certain tumble monkey.

Interesting. I've seen Lion King a couple of times, and Nemo on our last trip, so I don't need to see either any time soon, but I think if I were recommending one to a first-timer I'd go with Lion King.

DSCN0323.jpg

I'm glad someone is carrying on this tradition. They all need a cleanliness audit periodically.

And that brings me to the end of our park enjoyment…

DSCN0289.jpg

I laughed out loud at this, proving once again that this joke never gets old!!!

I feel a little differently from you here. Maybe it is because Nemo is a quick synopsis of the movie, which is already so familiar, where FOTLK uses the familiar characters, but it is more of a "performance." I really did like Nemo, and also shows like Beauty and the Beast, so not putting those down any. But at least for the first time seeing it, you don't know what to expect at FOTLK where you sorta do with the others.

DSCN0323.jpg
Oh, that's a RATING!!! I was about to say TMI........ :rotfl2:

Jordan would be proud!!!

I was really having fun just stopping to enjoy what we were seeing- this trip was very much NO RUSH! And it was WELL worth it! There was time to really see what the Imagineers had taken time to flesh out the story with… all the little details that make each park and each area so rich and complex.
It is great that you had that much time this trip! That is the best part about DVC, that there isn't really any ONE thing you are worried about doing because you know you will be back so you can relax and enjoy so much more! It was almost exclusively the way I got to enjoy it my last trip with Magdalene and Katharina, which was so much fun and so enjoyable! :goodvibes

Eventually, it was time to hit the ParkExit Trail so we could head out to a rip roaring good time in other venues. Mary had already taken the car “over there”, so together we boarded a bus and were on our way. And that brings me to the end of our park enjoyment…

DSCN0289.jpg

An oldie, but still a goodie! ;)

You sound really very very busy!! :scared1::scared1: I am just amazed how you do it all!!

Good luck with your last final and it would be wonderful to talk!! :goodvibes

Yeah, busy, but hoping to catch a break over the next few weeks.

I ended up with 2 A's for the term,and start an EASY computer 101 class in a 3 weeks which should be another good grade.... THEN I start the harder (MUCH harder!) series of accelerated Chemistry, microbiology, and 3 terms of Anantomy and Physiology... should be interesting!

I've always wanted to move to Oregon and this just might make me! I would love to be able to be involved in some thing like that....my little Jane Austen loving heart would be in heaven!

YOu would be welcome ANY time!! Come any random Thursday night and you can come dance with us!

I've never seen Storybook Land (well, not that I remember -- I was 5 when I visited Disneyland). Very cool.

5 was a long time ago, eh??

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

You are making me crave Disneyland. I am going to try really hard to make that a reality since I will be so close when the conference rolls around next October.

If you're going to be close, you really should try to hit it up!! And now you have some great ideas in making it an extra fun trip!

Morning Liesa!:goodvibes

Wow, you sound very busy. The holidays have a way of doing that, don't they? Thanksgiving comes and then Christmas is just hot on it's heels! I can't believe tomorrow is December 1st.

And now here it is Dec. 16th, and I still don't have my shopping even close to being done!! EEK!

I hope the, oh what was that succint word you used..."whackadoodle" family calms down. And I truly hope it isn't affecting your Bek and David.

If anything it has gotten worse. Much, much worse. They have had a rough road of it concerning his family... keep them in your prayers. Please!

So, school is going well then? I'm sure you're looking forward to the upcoming break. Good luck Monday!

Ended up acing BOTH classes! YAY!

I've really been enjoying these side DL updates! I went for the first time with my family last summer but we had one day only to spend at both DL and California Adventure. In retrospect, I wish we'd have chosen just DL since it was ridiculous how we tried to cram it all in. Having said all that, I really loved this update with Storybook Land! You're right, it is charming and full of imagination. What's that famous Disney quote? Something along the lines of why do we have to grow up, I think? So true. That's the allure of the Disney parks, a place where parents (or adults) can be that little child again along with their own children. One of our Disney trips, my inlaws and DH went back to the hotel to nap while I stayed at the Magic Kingdom with my three girls. We skipped and played and created a memories that will truly live in my heart forever. Priceless!

Beautifully put! Yes, something about the parks that makes a grown up come alive and feel young all over again!

Anyhow, I loved all your pictures Liesa, thanks for sharing them.:goodvibes DL is definitely a place I'd love to revisit!

You are so very welcome! I have so many, many more... just not enough time to get them to you quick enough... at least with a story that's worth reading. :rolleyes1

Great Storybook Land update, Liesa.

Aww, thanks, Kat! More coming up soon :)

Thanks for all of the pictures! Having never been to DL, I have never seen either of those attractions. Looks like a perfect refuge from the whackadoodles in real life. :goodvibes

Whackadoodles are everywhere. They can even be on the Storybook boats... like the idiot who felt compelled to stick his hand in the water AFTER the SkipperChick told us all to keep our hands inside the boat! SHeesh, what a moron!

Wow! No wonder you were tied up - those dresses are amazing:thumbsup2 All of you Buren ladies looked so beautiful - the epitomy of English charm!

I hope things are calming down for you and for Bek.

Loved the make believe update. :thumbsup2

Oh, thank you Tammie! We enjoyed out sew-o-rama! They really did turn out quite lovely!

AS for calming down.... NOT. But we will muster through this all, and she is learning a lot about relationships and dealing with unreasonable people.

I did a quick look at your pictures this morning before I left for work! Wow - that story book land is very cool and so is the snow white ride. Your DL trip reporting really makes me want to visit there some day. I really hope I get a chance. There are so many wonderful details that I would love to check out!

Glad the pix and stories are inspiring! DLR is definitely a destination. :)

Those ball gowns are incredible! That must have been so hard to make, but they turned out great.

Storybookland looks really fun. I wish there was one in Disney World, too.

They were the hardest project we've done so far, but with an expert seamstress helping us out, and 4 of us working together, we managed.

I think what is so fun about Storybook Land is the intricacy of it! So much detail to look at!!

So glad you finally get some breathing time! Feel free to drag out the report as long as you want! :)

Enjoy your time off and I hope the drama goes away.

Jill in CO

Me too!! And yeah, not that I WANT to drag this baby out, it's just the facts of life that keep me from being here all I want to.

And some of those feathers would go good with the toe rings too...... :thumbsup2

Really? Do you think so?? I was thinking corn rows myself. :cool2:

Well, I guess you already know my feelings on that one....... :rotfl:

Ok, not remembering what this was in reference to, so please do tell!

Not sure you needed to make this comment. None of us would believe you are that young!!! :rolleyes1

Sure you would've... that or even younger. :sad2:

Great Storybook Land update! Not sure I've ever done that one during my two trips to DL. :confused3 Next time I go I'm definitely putting it on my "must do" list!

Please do! You won't be disappointed!

Ok, not remembering what this was in reference to, so please do tell!
Glenn also made a comment about using feathers, and since I had just voiced my opinion, I didn't think I needed to again........... :confused3 Sorry, I guess I could have left that out totally, but when two greats minds think alike.......!!! :banana:

My prayers are going out for your Mom Camille:hug:

Awww, Rosie. Thank you so much. :hug: I apologize for not getting on here sooner, most nights I'm just too worn out. This time of the year doesn't help. :laughing: My mom is hanging in there. She very, very weak at times, but rebounds right before going in for chemo again. :rolleyes: We are in the process of getting her moved closer to us since she's too far out for me to be there for her if needs me, my brother isn't being a help at all <lives right below her apt.>. Well, unless it's to help himself. :headache: My mom does have two primary cancers, thank God they are both primary cancers. This gives her a chance at beating both rather than having it spread. I was told by the doctors nurse she was terminal or the right saying they us is..."It's treatable, not cureable." :rolleyes: In other words, for how ever long you can take the poison they put into your body, and the cancer doesn't spread you can live. If that indeed is living. :sad2: I'm so proud of her, she's really hanging in there, she's a tough lady. But I can't say the prayers aren't keeping her sustained. We truly need as many prayers as everyone can muster up. :) So thank you again for your prayers, it's meant and does more than you'll ever know. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter