A Summer Wedding and a Disney Trip CANCELLED, HELP DECIDE WHEN WE'LL GO IN 2011

Yup, we're aiming for the end of August. That's when we went this year and LOVED it! Even with free dining, we never waited in a long line or too long for any of our meals. We really hope they offer the free DDP again, too-- we loved it! I think you guys were better at the QS meals than we were. I think we'd get bored if we only had QS.

Hey Pam~

Hope all is going well with the Disney night at your house!!

We started off with Cars (it was on the Disney Channel this afternoon) while I was making dinner (you guessed it-tacos!) and then Austin and I watched Handy Manny (Bill doesn't reallly get into this sort of thing :confused3)

After that, I cleaned up and made brownies as well (I had a craving as well :)) while Austin watched Phineas and Ferb, and now the Incredibles is on so he just fell asleep to that!!! What a lovely Disney day thanks to the Disney Channel.

Enjoy your night!

We had a wonderful 1st Disney Night. The girls were much more excited and in to it than I even thought they would be. They were super excited that we were going to have a Disney Family Movie Night every week. Manny, well he thinks i'm a little nutty, he just does not share my love for Disney!! But he'll enjoy the Disney nights too. Last night though, he was not home, he was at a friend's house helping him put in a kitchen floor. (Our little Handy Manny)

So, the sun ended up coming out yesterday and we heard all the kids on the street outside, so the we took out the bikes and scooters and went outside for about an hour. When we came in we got the Brownies in the oven so we could decorate them later.

We started to "decorate" for our Pirates night. The kids were so into it, and they were really thinking about the movie and the ride and trying to decorate accordingly. Too cute.
Emily brought out our Pirate's Parrot :goodvibes

2009_1004AB.jpg

I love our dog with the keys in his mouth (for the jail scene)

2009_1004AA.jpg

Our Movie of the week

2009_1004AC.jpg

Emily clipped a small piece of her fabric in Sam's hair to look like a bandana just like her Jack. (Sam has been in love with Jack since she was 3, not sure why, she's just always been)

2009_1004AD.jpg

We sat down to eat our Tacos and the kids liked their treasure map napkins.

2009_1004AE.jpg

2009_1004AF.jpg

I had everything set out so they could make their tacos themselves just like we did at El Pirata y el Perico. They of course made a mess and loved it.

2009_1004AG.jpg

2009_1004AH.jpg

2009_1004AI.jpg

2009_1004AK.jpg

2009_1004AL.jpg

Continued

After we ate our Tacos, we sat down to watch some Pirates.

2009_1004AN.jpg

2009_1004AV.jpg

Then we decorated our brownies. They were more like a brownie pie. They were frosted with chocolate frosting and had crushed reese pieces on them, and oh my word, they were GOOD!! I actually just had a piece for breakfast.

2009_1004AO.jpg

Before we ate the delicious brownies we went on a treasure hunt. I had about 8 or 9 different clues sending them all over, they were running around screaming. a treasure hunt is just so exciting.

2009_1004AP.jpg

2009_1004AQ.jpg

One of their clues led them to their "hanging disney treasure"

2009_1004AR.jpg

And the last clue led them under the table, where a bunch of coins were hiding under a black piece of construction paper (so it wasn't so obvious) and Lizzie was the first to find it.

2009_1004AT.jpg

After that, Lizzie and Sam decided they would put their findings with their money and count it, to see how much Disney money they had so far. They each had around $7 so far, not bad, and we still have 10 months to go.

After that we finished Pirates and ate our brownies.

We all went in my room and watched Handy Manny at 7pm. That show was the cutest, we all loved it. And they showed a little preview of a Mickey Mouse clubhouse show that will be on at 7pm on October 25th, we'll be making that a Mickey night for sure.
When they went to lay down in their rooms the Incredibles were on, so they of course watched that.
And I couldn't sleep for some reason and stayed up to watch TV, well on America's funniest home videos, the guy was IN Disney world, I was so thrilled. He was in Cinderella's suite and they showed some things around the park. The winner was going to get a Disney trip of course.

It was a great Disney night. And last night I had a dream that we were at a carnival and the Haunted Mansion was there.:cloud9:

Awwww, what a cute Disney movie night! Even though it's just 9:00 in the morning, I could really go for one of your tacos right now!

So, we have extremely exciting Halloween Plans this weekend. :woohoo: We are going to the Canobie Lake Screemfest. Canobie Lake is an amusement park in New Hampshire. We normally go every summer, but skipped it this summer because we had just gone to Disney in May. Emily and Anthony were just watching a Canobie Lake commercial towards the end of the summer and both said that they wished they could have gone this summer. I knew we were going to the Screemfest but didn't tell them until just last night. I didn't want to tell them too early because I don't want Lizzie and Sam to know. They are sleeping at Grammy's house this sunday night. They know we're going to a Haunted House but if they knew it was at Canobie lake they'd freak out. And neither one of them is ready for Haunted Attractions. I was watching the video on the website and it looks pretty scary. I know a friend who went last year and you can buy "Monster B'gone" necklaces so the monsters don't come up to you, we'll be buying one for Emily, she already said she wanted one, but she is excited to go. It takes us quite a while to get there, but we all really want to do this.
It will be myself, Manny, Emily, Anthony, my brother, maybe his girlfriend, Jaclyn if she can get out of work, one of my best friend's, Brianne, and Brianne's nephew Evan. Evan is the same exact age as Anthony, they are only a few weeks a part and have been friends since they were 2 and a half, and best friends since they were around 7. They LOVE to get together and are so excited to be going to Screemfest. Evan and his other siblings will be coming trick or treating with us too.
So Evan is riding up with us, and his mother is dropping him off at my house around 2pm. My plan is to be ready to leave by 2:30, which should be as soon as my Mom gets out of work and gets to my house to pick up the littler ones. My guilt is kicking in already and i'm going to hope that the boys will just pop in a video game and Emily will know just to chill out. I don't want too much excitement in the air. I can see it now. Crying........ when we're trying to leave because Lizzie and Sam want to come. If they just know we're going to a Haunted House they'll be fine, but we need to make sure no one spills the beans.
If we leave at 2:30 on the dot, we should be there just shortly after the park opens for the night at 4pm.

It won't be dark yet so we'll hit some rollercoasters and our favorite , the pirate ship first. There are 3 separate attractions to walk through, they all look so scary one the website, I hope Emily's not too scared.
They have two different shows that play throughout the night on the stage and then at 8pm they have a Haunted Parade that walks through the park.

We all can't wait, we are super excited. My friend keeps calling me to say that she cannot wait until Sunday. As soon as Emily woke up this morning we went to our Halloween calendar and we are now down to 25 days til Halloween and she of course said, 5 more days til Screemfest.:goodvibes

I think i'm going to make up a little Halloween goodie bag for Lizzie and Sam to take to my Mom's house. This way they'll be excited about something too. They won't get it until they leave. I don't know why, but I'm feeling guilty for leaving them home, even though we do a Haunted attraction every year and they stay with my Mom( this is Emily's first year) I guess I just feel super guilty because of WHERE it's at. But I couldn't bring them anyway, they can't go in the Haunted Houses, someone would have to sit them out and we wouldn't be able to ride the big rides together and there are not enough hours in the short night that we'll be there to ride kiddie rides and big rides and get through the Haunted attractions and watch the parade.;)

Ok, I'm fine!!!!!!!!

Wow! I'm so behind but catching up.:goodvibes

Love the Disney movie night!! We did the same thing all summer before our trip in August and the boys loved it!! We would do activities or crafts, have a snack or food that related to the movie and then that night we would watch the movie. It was so much fun!! It looks like your kids had a great time as well.:thumbsup2 and Lisa's right those tacos do look yummy!!

Your Halloween weekend sounds like so much fun!!! DH got discount tickets to FrightFest at Six Flags this month, so we are considering taking the boys for a quick day trip. I can't wait to hear how your weekend turns out.:goodvibes

Great DISNEY night!!!! looks like the girls had lot of fun!!!!
sounds like the weekend is going to be alot of fun!!!
we are excited about the Mickey Mouse Playhouse night, too! wonder what other movies will be played that day (like cars and the incredibles they did this past weekend!) I wonder if is on the internet yet?!? will have to check it out!

starting to think about my countdown calendar I think I may make a yearly one than do a 120 day one after that! hmmmm!!!!

A haunted house- that sounds like so much fun :yay::yay:. Don't feel guilty about leaving the little ones home- it is good to take the older two out ever now and then to have a little "big kid fun". If you want to hear something to make you feel a whole lot better about your situation- omg everyone is going to hate me for this one- my quick trip in June was me, a good friend of mine from work, one of her childhood friends- and my sister was supposed to go, but she went the week before with her best friend because she couldn't get off our week- and Bill and Austin stayed home. Talk about feeling guilty as anything- not a second went by where I did not think about them- especially Austin every time I would see a little one around his age. I was pretty much to the point where I couldn't enjoy myself because you just cannot go to WDW without the people you love the most :lovestruc!!!! I mean I had a good time for the most part (we'll get into that one day on my PTR)- but it was not the same, and I would NEVER go without them again!!!!

Okay, time to take my crunch fish filets and steak fries out of the oven for dinner. Catch up with you later!!!!

Wow! I'm so behind but catching up.:goodvibes

Love the Disney movie night!! We did the same thing all summer before our trip in August and the boys loved it!! We would do activities or crafts, have a snack or food that related to the movie and then that night we would watch the movie. It was so much fun!! It looks like your kids had a great time as well.:thumbsup2 and Lisa's right those tacos do look yummy!!

Your Halloween weekend sounds like so much fun!!! DH got discount tickets to FrightFest at Six Flags this month, so we are considering taking the boys for a quick day trip. I can't wait to hear how your weekend turns out.:goodvibes

We did have a fun Disney Movie night, the kids were very excited to know we'd be doing one every week.

And OOoooo, Frightfest at Six Flags, that sounds good too. I just love Halloween and I LOVE going to Haunted Attractions.

Great DISNEY night!!!! looks like the girls had lot of fun!!!!
sounds like the weekend is going to be alot of fun!!!
we are excited about the Mickey Mouse Playhouse night, too! wonder what other movies will be played that day (like cars and the incredibles they did this past weekend!) I wonder if is on the internet yet?!? will have to check it out!

starting to think about my countdown calendar I think I may make a yearly one than do a 120 day one after that! hmmmm!!!!

That's true, on Handy Manny day they played other good movies, i'm sure they'll have others on Mickey's day too, I'm going to go check out the guide.

And as for a countdown calendar, funny you should say it, I was just thinking about mine too. I really want to get it going ,but of course being 10 months out we can't count the days yet. Well, I guess we could, but maybe we should just count the months for the next few months at least. But I think, making our countdown calendar will be part of our Mickey Mouse clubhouse night. And now, thinking about it , there will probably be other Disney movies on that day too, so we can have a whole fun Disney day.:goodvibes
Now, for calendar ideas.

A haunted house- that sounds like so much fun :yay::yay:. Don't feel guilty about leaving the little ones home- it is good to take the older two out ever now and then to have a little "big kid fun". If you want to hear something to make you feel a whole lot better about your situation- omg everyone is going to hate me for this one- my quick trip in June was me, a good friend of mine from work, one of her childhood friends- and my sister was supposed to go, but she went the week before with her best friend because she couldn't get off our week- and Bill and Austin stayed home. Talk about feeling guilty as anything- not a second went by where I did not think about them- especially Austin every time I would see a little one around his age. I was pretty much to the point where I couldn't enjoy myself because you just cannot go to WDW without the people you love the most :lovestruc!!!! I mean I had a good time for the most part (we'll get into that one day on my PTR)- but it was not the same, and I would NEVER go without them again!!!!

Okay, time to take my crunch fish filets and steak fries out of the oven for dinner. Catch up with you later!!!!

Yeah, i'm not feeling guilty anymore. I sat back and said to myself "You have kids that range from 13 to 5, how unfair would it be to the older two if you didn't take time with just them and have big kid fun" I feel fine now, thanks!!! :goodvibes

So, I'm SOOOO excited about this weekend. I absolutely cannot wait to go to Canobie Lake's Screemfest. Emily and Anthony are off the wall too. Emily keeps saying, "why can't we go sooner" It's only a few days away. So, you can imagine how she gets a few months before a Disney Trip!! Um, yeah :scared1:
She's worse than a toddler saying "we go Disney world now" every 5 minutes.:lmao: Oh, but that's my Emily, very impatient!!

So Emily and I were going through the rides. On top of being excited to go through the 3 Haunted Houses and watch the monster Parade and shows, we are over the moon to be going on rides.
Now, as you might remember from my PTR and my intro to Emily, she is a daring little thing and will do pretty much anything. I thought I was going to die while riding Expedition Everest, like I seriously thought I was going to die, and she loved it and can't wait to ride it next year. :eek:
So there are a few rides she wants to go on this sunday that are not sitting well with me, but i'll do them...... I guess. At least there will be other riding adults this time, so I CAN back out. I don't do well on things that spin.
There are 2 rides that she is not tall enough. I said "thank god" she was kind of upset though. One of them was called the Starblaster, it's a Tower of Terror type ride, she said she wanted to prepare for ToT, so she was upset she was about 2 inches too short. Then there is the Frisbee, just think about that people, The Frisbee :eek: It spins and swings out really high.
But don't worry, i'll have tons of pictures. I CANNOT WAIT TO GO!!!
We'll be riding a few different rollercoasters, preparing ourselves for Rock n Roller coaster, Emily has never been on an upside down roller coaster, so she can't wait for that.

On to my Disney Movie night. I'm not sure what I want to do this week. We'll be at Screemfest on sunday and I am working on monday night, so we'll be doing it on Tuesday night. I'm going to see if by chance there is a movie on the Disney channel that night.

Ohhh, that sounds like so much fun! I'm too much of a wimp to enjoy haunted attractions-- the tiniest things will make me jump a mile! But you guys will love it, I'm sure. Take lots of pictures!
I love Emily's Chorus Line t-shirt! We live 20 minutes north of the city, and saw that 13 times when it came back on Broadway in 2007. Love that show!

Aww, the movie night sounds like a blast! Great idea. :thumbsup2 Those brownies look yummy.

Sounds like you have a busy weekend coming up!

Ooooh! Your weekend plans sound like so much fun. I know what you mean about feeling bad because you're leaving kids behind. I'd feel the same way. But, it's good to spend some quality time with the older kids too. I can hardly wait to see your weekend pics!

Ohhh, that sounds like so much fun! I'm too much of a wimp to enjoy haunted attractions-- the tiniest things will make me jump a mile! But you guys will love it, I'm sure. Take lots of pictures!
I love Emily's Chorus Line t-shirt! We live 20 minutes north of the city, and saw that 13 times when it came back on Broadway in 2007. Love that show!

Ooo, I just love Haunted Attractions. Every year as the end of the summer nears that's what we are thinking about. And I will definitely takes tons of pictures. I am insane with my camera. I took hundreds on our Disney trip:goodvibes

Aww, the movie night sounds like a blast! Great idea. :thumbsup2 Those brownies look yummy.

Sounds like you have a busy weekend coming up!

Oh, yes, the brownies were yummy. And we do have a busy weekend, and we cannot wait. Every morning as soon as Emily opens her eyes, she tells me how many more days til Screemfest. As if I don't know ;) It's the first thing I think about too.:goodvibes

Ooooh! Your weekend plans sound like so much fun. I know what you mean about feeling bad because you're leaving kids behind. I'd feel the same way. But, it's good to spend some quality time with the older kids too. I can hardly wait to see your weekend pics!

I can't wait either, I will be taking lots of pics for you guys. I can't wait to see how Emily likes the upside down rollercoaster. It will prepare her for RnR in Disney. I'm sure she'll like it, I have yet to come across a ride she didn't like. She's going to be my crazy teenager, I just know it.

Ok, so sunday we'll be at Screemfest and monday night I picked up some extra hours at work (gotta love that holiday pay :goodvibes) So I knew we would be doing our next Disney night on tuesday. And as luck should have it, Aladdin is on the Disney channel at 8pm. I was very excited to see this as of course my kids know who Jasmine and Aladdin are, we really haven't seen that movie more than 1 or 2 times. So, i'm excited.
I don't have too much planned out for it yet. I'm going food shopping tomorrow, so sometime today I will google Moroccan food. :goodvibes I know we'll be eating our dinner and dessert on "Magic Carpets" and from the Disney for families thread I found recipes to make Abu cupcakes or Tiger looking cookies. So either one of those will be our treat. Still thinking of a game or craft to do. I'll keep checking the boards and of course the Disney Movie nights thread.

Aladdin sounds like it will be lots of fun!!! :yay:
Ashton has not seen Aladdin as of yet; we may or may watch that one!! PROBABLY WILL!! I'm sure he will like the genie and Abu! I don't know anything about Morrocco so I can't help with that one! but your flying carpets sound fun!!

have a great day!
:wave2:

Yea, Aladdin sounds like fun, I can't wait to watch it!! We're going to have cupcakes and dessert. For dinner I went to look at the menus here on the dis and checked out the restaurant in Morocco and also googled. Chicken is big along with couscous, which I didn't even know what that was, I had to look it up. It's like tiny pieces of dough, boiled I guess and usually served as a side. Not sure my kids would go for that, so I bought pasta that was shaped the same and we're having chicken, tiny pasta, and rice. It will at least "look" Moroccan. :goodvibes We're not brave eaters, can you tell. So, besides hanging out on our "magic carpets" while we eat, i'm not sure what else to do. Maybe we'll do a craft, they like crafts. Maybe we can all create a magic lamp, I can go to the dollar store and get a bunch of fun stuff to glue on to it?

2 MORE DAYS UNTIL SCREEMFEST!!!!!

And tomorrow I told the kids that I would take them to get their Halloween costumes, I'll post pictures of what they pick!!! They are so much fun to take costume shopping :goodvibes I love it, they get so excited.

Hey Pam I am here....

Here's a thought why not do chicken Ka-Bob's (not sure of the spelling) it will look Moroccan and maybe you can look up some type of dipping sauce to go along with that.....that's actually my go to meal when all kaya wants to eat are chicken tenders.....just season chicken however you like skewer it and bake it (soak the skewers first so they dont burn...i also cut of the sharp pointed end after cooking...before serving) I serve with Honey mustard for the kids cucumber yogurt dressing for me and Bruce....gotta love it...

Can't wait to see how it goes....

Hello!

Your family is adorable :) Congratulations on the wedding! I love the idea of the color scheme you picked--why fight the season? DH and I got married in December (we moved our wedding up from May due to a family member's health) and I switched the dresses to red so they would not clash with the holiday decorations up in the church.

I agree with getting the ressies done if you can swing the deposit. That way it is at least booked. Luckily you do not have to pay anymore until the 45 day mark, so you can keep adjusting it as needed.

I want to start Disney theme nights too--but DH will think I am crazy to do it already. :rotfl: Who knows, perhaps I will go ahead and start them soon. I was thinking of waiting until January though.

The shirt design are cute. I want to get one shirt design (at least) made for the whole big group (we have 11 people going). I should probably start looking at them to decide.

Looking forward to your updates. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter