A Summer Wedding and a Disney Trip CANCELLED, HELP DECIDE WHEN WE'LL GO IN 2011

Yippee!!!! I love Aladdin- we are just going to have to watch that as well!!!

I love the Genie lamp idea. Were you going to make them out of paper? You can also have the kids jot down on some fancy paper 3 wishes- and hang them on your fridge. Sounds like sooo much fun!!!:cool1:

We had a great weekend!!!! On saturday we went to pick out our Halloween Costumes, the girls got excellent costumes and on Sunday we of course went to SCREEMFEST. We had a blast. It was well worth the money we spent. It was amazing. I had no idea it was going to be as great as it was. I will have to get my pics up tomorrow though. I have to work at 4pm and still have to shower and get the kids showered (for back to school tomorrow)

But i'll post an update all about Screemfest tomorrow!!!

Hey Pam I am here....

Here's a thought why not do chicken Ka-Bob's (not sure of the spelling) it will look Moroccan and maybe you can look up some type of dipping sauce to go along with that.....that's actually my go to meal when all kaya wants to eat are chicken tenders.....just season chicken however you like skewer it and bake it (soak the skewers first so they dont burn...i also cut of the sharp pointed end after cooking...before serving) I serve with Honey mustard for the kids cucumber yogurt dressing for me and Bruce....gotta love it...

Can't wait to see how it goes....

That is an adorable idea. Thanks

Hello!

Your family is adorable :) Congratulations on the wedding! I love the idea of the color scheme you picked--why fight the season? DH and I got married in December (we moved our wedding up from May due to a family member's health) and I switched the dresses to red so they would not clash with the holiday decorations up in the church.

I agree with getting the ressies done if you can swing the deposit. That way it is at least booked. Luckily you do not have to pay anymore until the 45 day mark, so you can keep adjusting it as needed.

I want to start Disney theme nights too--but DH will think I am crazy to do it already. :rotfl: Who knows, perhaps I will go ahead and start them soon. I was thinking of waiting until January though.

The shirt design are cute. I want to get one shirt design (at least) made for the whole big group (we have 11 people going). I should probably start looking at them to decide.

Looking forward to your updates. :surfweb:

Hello, and thanks for joining. Yes, I am now happy with my wedding colors, I had changed my mind a few times, but am set now :goodvibes
And definitely make yourself at least one set of shirts, they are so much fun to wear. You'll get lots of attention.
I was going to wait until January to start our Disney nights too, but I decided to start now and the kids are loving them. they can't wait for Aladdin night tomorrow.

Yippee!!!! I love Aladdin- we are just going to have to watch that as well!!!

I love the Genie lamp idea. Were you going to make them out of paper? You can also have the kids jot down on some fancy paper 3 wishes- and hang them on your fridge. Sounds like sooo much fun!!!:cool1:

Yea, I think i'll make them out of paper. I love the 3 wishes idea.

can't wait to hear about screamfest!!!!
:wave2:

I'll post all about it tomorrow. WE HAD SUCH A BLAST!!!

I'm still here, trying to get caught up on everyone's TRs/PTRs. Glad you had a great weekend and can't wait to hear all about it.

Hello, sorry I haven't been on in a few days. I have a new obsession............ and his name is Edward........... he is a vampire :love: I'm in LOVE!!!!!

Does anyone else read the Twilight series? If you do, you understand, if not, I don't know what it is about these books. I was opposed to reading books about vampires but everyone was talking about it at work, so I opened the book and read a chapter and I was hooked. IT IS AN OBSESSION!!!!!! Like no other :goodvibes I'm on book 3 and I don't know what i'm going to do after book 4 is over, which I'll start by tomorrow. After i'm done with the books, i'll be here much more often.

But later on after my laundry and time with Edward :cloud9:is done i'll put up our pictures from our awesome weekend.

The kids got their Halloween costumes and SCREEMFEST was the most awesome thing ever. I can't wait to put up my pics. I'll be back in a few hours.

Pam! What is this I hear about you spending time with my boyfriend Edward??

I read all four books this summer and you are right...it's an OBSESSION! I tore through those books like there was no tomorrow and now I really miss Bella and Edward...but mostly Edward of course!

The third book was my favorite! Have fun! :goodvibes

Can't wait to see the costumes/Screamfest pictures!!
My roommate and I ended up watching Aladdin, too, haha.

Hey Pam!

Just checking in- neither one of us have commented or have been commented on our PTR's in over a week!!!! Can't wait to hear about Screamfest and Aladdin night!

~Janine

PS don't forget that Sunday is MMCH night:cool1:

I read the first Twilight book and I am one of the few who really just did not get it at all. :confused3 I literally had to force myself to finish, thinking it would get better but nope. Guess it's just not my thing. Harry Potter on the other hand...hehe

Can't wait to see your pictures!

Put up those screamfest pictures if you can, Pam! We'd love to see them :-)
Hope everything is wonderful with your lovely family!

Oh my god, i'm so sorry I haven't been on in a while. Just been so busy with everything. Our trip is still on though, I promise i'm back.

And I will post screemfest pictures. I'll try to do it right now, but we're about to watch ELF, so if I can't do it tonight i'll put them up in the morning. Screemfest was an absolute blast, so wasn't halloween. I have a bunch of pics.

Hope everyone has been good.

Oh and instead of the last week of august, I think we're going to be changing those dates to the last week of september for lower crowds and possibly a little bit cooler temps.

Ok, so even though it's almost christmas, I would like to show you our screemfest pictures, cause I know you were all waiting for them before I went MIA. I've just been so busy. I started reading twilight and then went on to read the next 3 books. Oh my god, I highly recommend.

Ok, so we went to Screemfest in October (of course) and had a blast. It was chilly but not freezing. We went with, me, Manny, Emily, Anthony, My best friend Brianne and her nephew Evan, my brother, Ricky and his girlfriend Jaclyn. We are definitely doing this again next year.

So we got to the park for opening at 4pm. It looked absolutely amazing, every where you looked there were Halloween decorations, they did such a wonderful job. Emily LOVES Halloween like you wouldn't believe so this was great for her.
We walked around and checked out the decorations and rode rides while we waited until 6pm for the Haunted houses to open. We usually come here every summer and it takes us all day to ride the rides. Well, everything was a walk on, it was great.
2009_1011AB.jpg

2009_1011AA.jpg

2009_1011AC.jpg

2009_1011AD.jpg

Anthony and Evan waiting to ride the pirate ship
2009_1011AE.jpg

Emily and Uncle Ricky

2009_1011AG.jpg

Emily and Manny (This was Emily's first pirate ship ride, she's always been too short, she's been waiting to ride this for years.)

2009_1011AH.jpg

The popcorn stand

2009_1011AK.jpg

2009_1011AM.jpg

The ghostbusters car, it was playing music, it was awesome.
2009_1011AN.jpg

2009_1011AO.jpg

2009_1011AP.jpg

Continued.....

Waiting in line for the Yankee Canonball. This rollercoaster threw my brain around in my head a little bit, if you know what I mean.

2009_1011AQ.jpg

2009_1011AR.jpg

2009_1011AT.jpg

2009_1011AW.jpg

My brother and his girlfriend
2009_1011BA.jpg

So, it was then time to head over to the first of three haunted attractions. We bought Emily a monster B'gone necklace that kept the haunts from scaring her, it worked very well.
2009_1011BB.jpg

2009_1011BF.jpg

Ok, so the we finally get in and Emily is .......PETRIFIED..... WHAT!!!!! I couldn't believe it. Damn, I thought she was ready. The necklace really did work though, no one bothered her. But she was still scared. So it was then time for the monster parade, so we grabbed some dough boys and sat and watched.
2009_1011BH.jpg

2009_1011BJ.jpg

continued.....

So on our way to the other attractions across the park we stopped for a few more rides. I just couldn't pass them by. THERE WERE NO LINES!!!

2009_1011BK.jpg

My best friend Brianne and Emily

2009_1011BL.jpg

We then split up. The whole crew went to the other haunted houses and me and Emily rode rides. I was kind of bummed, but there's nothing that I love more than rides. And being there at night, while it was dark, cold and everything was lit up, it was so great. Me and Emily rode every ride in the park. SO GREAT

And she met these friendly guys

2009_1011BM.jpg

2009_1011BO.jpg

2009_1011BP.jpg

2009_1011BQ.jpg

We went on some awesome rides and I had a blast despite not doing all of the haunted attractions. Manny felt bad and offered to switch so I could do one of them , but he's not too crazy about the big rides and that's what Emily wanted to do and I was of course having a blast.

This is Ricky, Jaclyn, Brianne, and Evan. Emily wanted to go on, but luckily she was too short, cause I wasn't doing this.
2009_1011BS.jpg

2009_1011BT.jpg

We left the park when it closed at 11pm. Right before that Me, Emily, Brianne and Evan rode an upside down rollercoaster. My ride chicken Anthony wouldn't go on it. It was great. The cold air was blowing in our faces, and when it was going up the big hill, all I could see was black sky and stars, I wish I could have took a pic of that view, it was like nothing else.

Then we had our LONG ride home. It was awesome.

Yeah, the necklace worked great. They lit up and flashed so when a monster saw her coming they would shield their faces like they were defeated by her. It was so cute. But she still wasn't having the last two Haunted houses. The rest of the crew talked about them for weeks, they were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter