A Summer Wedding and a Disney Trip CANCELLED, HELP DECIDE WHEN WE'LL GO IN 2011

3princesses+aprince

DIS Veteran
(EDIT: WE ORIGINALLY PLANNED FOR AUGUST, BUT NOW CHANGED TO SEPTEMBER! So, of course all of the August talk in the beginning of this report no longer applies!) MY STEPSON CHANGED HIS MIND AND IS NO LONGER COMING WITH US SO WE SWITCHED OUR RESORT! WE ARE NOW STAYING AT PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE!!!

We're getting married on the 4th of July, 2010 and then going to Disney in September!!!!

I started up a pre trip report a few months ago, but so much has been going on over the summer it just got lost in the shuffle and plans have already changed. Sooooooo!!!!!!!!! Here are the new plans! And the start of a new PTR!! Cause i'm crazy :rolleyes1

I would like to go the last week of September for 8 nights! I can't wait :banana:

So, here I am, Pam: I am of course the planner of these trips, dh and the kids are just along to enjoy it.
2009_0513FX.jpg

My Dh, Manny: He really doesn't understand the need to go back to Disney again so soon.....Ummmm.......:eek: I don't know what to say. But, I am glad that although he does not understand it, he just goes along with whatever!!!
2009_0515AC.jpg

Anthony, 13, my stepson: He loved our first trip in May, he loves all family vacations. I guess he just enjoys being together :love: He's very sweet, and he's always helping me out with his little sisters whenever he can. He is 13 and is more of a teenager every day, kind of sad, but very cute. He will just be turning 14 right before our trip.

2009_0516DI.jpg

Emily dd10: Our first baby girl and she's growing up. She is more of a "girl" now than a child, if that makes sense. She likes to be in her room and listen to music. She likes lipstick and nail polish now. She...... made me ride Expedition Everest in May, I was terrified. I hated it, I thought I was going to die on it....... Anthony wouldn't even ride that thing. I had no idea she was going to spring that on me....... When I heard those words shout out excitedly " I wanna ride that" I cringed!!!!!! I did buy the pic of us on the ride and it is in a frame in my living room. I LOVE IT!!!! I would obviously do anything for my kids. She will be turning 11 right before our trip.
2009_0513FS.jpg

Lizzie dd8: Our little munchkin. She has the best personality in the whole wide world. She is always happy and so easy to please, you can only imagine how happy this Disney trip made her. She loves Dumbo and we had to get up super early and get to MK to ride it just for her. We are more night people and not so much early risers, but we HAD to get on Dumbo and we did and Lizzie was SO HAPPY!!!!!!! She was in all her glory on that elephant. We also searched every gift shop for the perfect Dumbo before we bought the "right" one. So cute. I'll never forget this moment for the rest of my life. We were on the water taxi going over to play mini golf and Lizzie looked at me and said "This is the best vacation ever" in her sweet little voice. I almost cried. She will be turning 9 right before our trip. I know, I know, all of these summer birthdays!!
2009_0515AD.jpg

Sam, dd5: Our spoiled little princess. She will be 6 in March, so 6 and a half for our trip. She loves all of the princesses but she also loves Wall e, and Lightening Mcqueen and Jack Sparrow and Captain Hook.... You get the point. Little Mermaid is her favorite and the excitement level was extreme while we were waiting in line at her Grotto, let me tell ya. The faces on the kids while waiting in lines will never be forgotten as long as I live. They were so thrilled all week, and I can't wait to give that to them again. Sam is my little monster, she has a little attitude on her. So doesn't Emily, but that is to be expected from a 10 yr old. I'm in for trouble with this one, I know.:headache:
2009_0513CA.jpg

So that is us and here we are in my most favorite pic in the world.
2009_0513BQ.jpg

I Can't forget to say either, that Manny and I never actually got married. We've been together since Anthony was only 22 months old but just never got married. I guess we just always wanted to spend our money on other things. Well we are getting married On the 4th of July, 2010!!!

SO WE HAVE A WEDDING AND A DISNEY TRIP TO PLAN AND IN MY PLANNING EYES, NOT TOO MUCH TIME TO DO IT IN.

I figured I wouldn't be counting this as our Honeymoon, but kind of changed my mind, because well, it is just that. Can't wait to celebrate that there!! Manny and I will go away for a night or two right after the wedding just to do something fun, but we're not too sure what yet. But then we'll be getting ready for our Disney Trip!!

The kids are very happy we are finally getting married. The Girls are excited they will wear pretty dresses for Mom and Dad to get married and Anthony has been asking us when we are getting married since he was 5. He always said " I want you to really be my stepmom" and my answer to him was always the same "even though we are not married, I am your stepmom kid, i've been through you life with you, I washed your bottles and dried your tears, I was there for your soccer games every saturday at an ungodly hour and I was at your dentist appointment when you had to have your tooth pulled and needed someone to wipe your numb, drooling mouth, if that isn't a stepmom, I don't know what is"

Well, I think that is a good start to my pre trip report!!! We were so busy all summer and now I am relaxing, and starting to think more about the wedding and our DISNEY TRIP!!!!

And of course for anyone who did not follow us for our May trip you can check it all out in the link in my signature!!! It's got a lot of pics and in my eyes is full of fun!!!! LOL

OK we are reintroduced!! Glad to hear you are back!:yay: Check out my siggie....started the beginning of a PTR! you'll get my drift when you read the tiltle...I'll be honest it is a lot of chit chat...BUT, I am in a planning mode also! So, happy ya'll are still on with everything...we stayed at a townhouse off international drive for three nights when we went in May '09 (did Universal/IOA) the first two days and than stayed on site for our WDW portion of our trip!
later :wave2:

Joining in! We just got back from our first-ever summer visit to WDW. We swore we would never do it since we're midwesterners but my sister and I are too obsessed...so we finally decided to just go for it! Yeah it was hot but it wasn't all that bad.

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

OK we are reintroduced!! Glad to hear you are back!:yay: Check out my siggie....started the beginning of a PTR! you'll get my drift when you read the tiltle...I'll be honest it is a lot of chit chat...BUT, I am in a planning mode also! So, happy ya'll are still on with everything...we stayed at a townhouse off international drive for three nights when we went in May '09 (did Universal/IOA) the first two days and than stayed on site for our WDW portion of our trip!
later :wave2:

Hey!!! Glad to "hear" from you again too!! I will definitely go over and check your PTR out as well!!! I think we're going to stay at The Quality Inn, but i'm not sure if we're going to go over to Universal or not, I guess I got some time to think about that.

Joining in! We just got back from our first-ever summer visit to WDW. We swore we would never do it since we're midwesterners but my sister and I are too obsessed...so we finally decided to just go for it! Yeah it was hot but it wasn't all that bad.

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

Hey, thanks for joining. I'm going over right now to check out your report, i've been reading all of the august ones!!!!

We are going to stay at the All Star Music Suites!!!! I kind of went back and forth trying to decide if I wanted 2 connecting rooms again or if we should try the suite. I asked Manny and showed him the pics of the suite and his answer was " hmmm, nice, either one, I don't care" Do you see what i'm dealing with here. So, I, all by myself, decided, why not try something different. So the Suites it is!!!! They are in the Jazz and Calypso buildings and we will be requesting the Calypso building because those are right by the pool and food court/Melody Hall. We want to be close so we can refill our mugs all day. We had the mugs in May and are definitely getting them again, they were wonderful. I'm so excited.

Me and the kids have been looking at the All Star Music pictures here on the dis and we saved a few to print out and put on our new countdown calendar when we get it going. The suites look great, as well as the guitar shaped pool and the large music icons. I wanna go now :love:

OH AND OF COURSE WE ARE HOPING FOR FREE DINING TO BE GOING ON AGAIN FOR 2010!!! KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED!!!

I figured i'd add in some excitement and post some pictures from the carnival we just went to on the night of Anthony's birthday!!!!

2009_0809AA.jpg

2009_0809AB.jpg

2009_0809AC.jpg

2009_0809AE.jpg

Some crazy ride that Anthony wanted to go on. I think I disliked this almost as much as Expedition Everest. (But EE is in Disney, so I would do that again)

2009_0809AF.jpg

2009_0809AI.jpg

My brother, Ricky, and his GF Jaclyn

2009_0809AM.jpg

2009_0809AN.jpg

2009_0809AO.jpg

2009_0809AP.jpg

2009_0809AR.jpg

2009_0809AZ.jpg

2009_0809BA.jpg

I don't know how much money Manny spent trying to get that basketball in the hoop ,but it was at least $20 (Oh and he never got it in)

2009_0809BF.jpg

2009_0809BG.jpg

2009_0809BL.jpg

2009_0809BM.jpg

Time to make a mess with cotton candy and doughboys!!!

2009_0809BP.jpg

2009_0809BQ.jpg

2009_0809BR.jpg

2009_0809BS.jpg

Lizzie got her face painted!
2009_0809BV.jpg

We watched a horse get "re-horse-shoed" if that's a word, it was very neat.

2009_0809BY.jpg

If anyone has any fun pictures at the All Star Music resort, I would LOVE to see them. I've seen a lot and I know it's basically on the same idea as the Movies, but I can't get enough!!!!!! :banana:

Looks like you had a fun time at the carnival!

All Star Music is the only AS resort we didn't stay at. :sad2: Hope someone has some cool pictures!

:confused3Welcome back Pam!!! I'm super excited to see that you started another PTR. I hope the wedding plans are going great. A good friend that I work with with is more than likely going to get married in October 2010 and has asked me to be in her wedding- I am helping her plan it, and that is very exciting for me!!! We are still planning to take Austin back to wdw in 2010- more than likely in September/early October maybe. I would like to do the end of August because the park closer later than in September, but it is just sooo hot then- plus not to mention peak hurricane season. However, I would definitely recommend hurricane season because the crowds are a little lighter, and if you happen to get caught in a hurricane or tropical storm like we did (Faye '08 woo hoo)- you are more likely to not have to wait in any lines- which was a little wet but GREAT!!!! :banana::banana::banana:
Who am I kidding- anytime to be in wdw is great :wizard:!!!!!

I can't wait to start my very first PTR. I think I am going to do it within the next couple of months or whenever I put up my deposit for the trip.:confused3

Oh and by the way, I stayed at All Star Music back in '99 and '00- before the suites. I thought they were great- almost similar to the Movies Resort, but not as much character theming. I stayed in Calypso in the big Marimba building, and back in the Cowboy boot section. Food Court was great- especially the caesar salads and pizza just like at Movies. Best of luck in the suites and let me know how it is.

By the way, I had read earlier that you were homeschooling- and am really interested to know how that is going. I have an almost 4 year old who just misses the cut off date for preschool this year, and I was thinking of doing like a little "pre-home schooling" for him, just to get his feet wet. I cannot do it during the day because I work a 9-5 job in the wonderful world of Accounting everyday- but would like to try a little at night or maybe on the weekends when I am off. Who knows, I just thought it might be a good idea :confused3:confused3:confused3

pixiedustprincess, you're just making me nervous with the heat and hurricane talk. You're going to make me reconsider our plans again...... We do have a whole 11 months , so plenty of time to change plans!!! Who knows!!! What I am set on is that in 2010 we are going to Disney World :banana: And as for the homeschooling we decided to keep the kids in school. After talking about it, they ended up saying that they would miss school, their friends and what they got to do there. See, I was feeling too guilty about keeping them home, especially the younger two that love to go to school. All is going well so far, they started on August 31st, everyone is happy!!! Everyone has the teachers that they were hoping for and we already have Open House next week. I get to go see the classrooms and meet their teachers.

SPEAKING OF THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, HERE ARE SOME PICS!!!!

2009_0831AA.jpg

2009_0831AB.jpg

2009_0831AC.jpg

2009_0831AD.jpg

2009_0831AE.jpg

Ok, I should get to bed now!!!

Hi Pam! Yay...you're back on the DIS!

Great pics of the kids as always..the carnival looks like so much fun!

The girls look so pretty for their first day of school! princess:princess:princess:

I can't wait to see how this trip plays out! SO exciting! And I can't wait to see how you like the suites...it's an option for us when we go back...whenever that may be!

Welcome back! I'm in and ready for more planning fun! :banana:

Hi Pam! Yay...you're back on the DIS!

Great pics of the kids as always..the carnival looks like so much fun!

The girls look so pretty for their first day of school! princess:princess:princess:

I can't wait to see how this trip plays out! SO exciting! And I can't wait to see how you like the suites...it's an option for us when we go back...whenever that may be!

Welcome back! I'm in and ready for more planning fun! :banana:

Hey, i'm so glad you're here!!! I know I haven't been on much at all over the summer, so I missed all of my dis friends and Disney planning!!!!! And I cannot wait to try out the suites!! It will be something different, ya know!!!

So I had a silly dream last night!! I was with my boss at some field and he said, "oh, come this was, it's a shortcut and we can see the Magic Kingdom"????? So we walked through this little forest and we were standing by the pool at the Calypso buildings of All Star Music. So I was looking at the numbers of the rooms so that when I made my reservation I would know what room to book!!!!!!!! Unfortunately the numbers were 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc..... I think some of them were labled with letters too. So, I don't think I request such a thing.

I woke up realizing that that was my first Disney Dream of many to come while i'm waiting to go. While I was planning my last trip and was down to just a few weeks to go, I had dreams all the time!!!!

Ah, Disney Dreams :cloud9:

I was telling my co workers at work last night that we are going back to Disney and everyone was excited, they all had so much fun planning with me last time and can't wait to get started again. One of them already said "Oh, you better start looking and pricing it out" I said, Oh, let me tell you, i'm way ahead of schedule then. I'm ready to pack lol

when we homeschooled; our kids went back strictly for the socialization (we could not find a group we were comfortable with)!

I think we are going back the WDW the wk after thanksgiving 2010! I'm trying to talk DH into the last wk of Jan 2010 but I really don't think it will happen!

planning for the next year should be lots of fun between the both of us:yay:

when we homeschooled; our kids went back strictly for the socialization (we could not find a group we were comfortable with)!

I think we are going back the WDW the wk after thanksgiving 2010! I'm trying to talk DH into the last wk of Jan 2010 but I really don't think it will happen!

planning for the next year should be lots of fun between the both of us:yay:

All right!!!! I can't wait for you to start your PTR too!!! It sure will be FUN!!!:banana:

I am soooo sorry I made you nervous. But actually, I would definitely go again in August. I think the schools in Florida start like the last two weeks of August, so you really don't have all those crowds. Don't worry about the hurricanes- hurricane season I think runs from May to November- we just happened to get stuck in one- which would probably be highly unlikely for that to happen again :confused3. But it was the best trip ever. August should be great for you so you don't have to take the kids out of school. Who knows- we may have to go the very end of August next year because Austin will be starting preschool :cool1:.

I can't wait to start planning our trip- sometimes I think that is half the fun the anticipation of going. And don't worry, we definitely have our fingers crossed on the free dining plan- which will determine how long we stay. If it is not free, we'll probably do 4 days/ 3 nights, if it is 6 days/7 nights. Who knows- we just cannot wait to go back!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Happy Planning:banana:!!!!

By the way, your girls are adorable and looked so thrilled to be going back to school!!!!

I am soooo sorry I made you nervous. But actually, I would definitely go again in August. I think the schools in Florida start like the last two weeks of August, so you really don't have all those crowds. Don't worry about the hurricanes- hurricane season I think runs from May to November- we just happened to get stuck in one- which would probably be highly unlikely for that to happen again :confused3. But it was the best trip ever. August should be great for you so you don't have to take the kids out of school. Who knows- we may have to go the very end of August next year because Austin will be starting preschool :cool1:.

I can't wait to start planning our trip- sometimes I think that is half the fun the anticipation of going. And don't worry, we definitely have our fingers crossed on the free dining plan- which will determine how long we stay. If it is not free, we'll probably do 4 days/ 3 nights, if it is 6 days/7 nights. Who knows- we just cannot wait to go back!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Happy Planning:banana:!!!!

By the way, your girls are adorable and looked so thrilled to be going back to school!!!!

Oh, I was just kidding, that's ok. I am getting that from a lot of people though. "August???? What are you thinking" But we're not going to be standing on a curb at 3pm waiting for the parade, melting away, we'll be in the pool during the hottest hours. The pool is one of their favorite things. No matter what we were doing while we were there in May if Manny and I were ready for a break, "pool" is all we had to say and they were ready to go. I don't know why. but we'll certainly be in the pool a lot next trip. Plus we'll have our misting fans that we bought for our first trip, which were lifesavers, I don't think we would have been as happy as we were without them.

Ok, so seeing how we are a family of 6, things do not come cheap for us. So for dining, i'm thinking about going with the quick service plan again (which we really liked) if free dining is not offered next year. If free dining is offered I CANNOT wait to try out the regular DDP. I know I read somewhere that if you stayed in a value you would get the free QDP but could upgrade to the DDP for the difference, that's cool. Seeing how this was the 5th consecutive year for the free ddp, I am REALLY hoping for it!!!!

Even if we are on the DDP I will still buy the mugs, they were absolutely worth it and because of the heat, i'm sure we will be back at the hotel for a swim break every day, so they will come in even more handy than they did for us in May. I recommend the mugs to all. Not sure how we would have done it without them. We even filled them before taking off for the parks. I LOVED THEM. Now, they come on outings with us and they come to work with me. I just love them. After so many washes though the designs are starting to wear off a little, I can't wait to get new ones. I'm hoping for a new design too.

Ok, so like I said when we went we had the quick service plan so I didn't have the fun of making adrs, I am very excited about that.

So here is my list of restaurants that I have been thinking about.

Sci Fi dine in: MUST DO
Chef Mickey's: MUST DO
T-REX: MUST DO
Yak and Yeti: MUST DO
San Angel Inn
Chefs de France (because Emily loves France and the Eiffel tower)
Akershus
1900 Park Fare
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Crystal Palace (I think I read here that it was rumored to be closing????)
Tusker House
Tony's **

I'm not going to get too into restaurants yet, cause with 11 months out, something new could come out or something could close. I sure do hope CP is not closing. We did not see Pooh and the gang at all in May, so we would love to see them there.
But if anyone has any suggestions I would like to hear them so I can look into other restaurants as well. Although by the time we go i'm sure I will have scoped out every one.
But that's what I was doing today..... checking out some restaurants, I know the kids would really enjoy the character ones. This way too, if there is a long line somewhere to see Mickey, we'll now we're going to see him at Chef Mickey's, we won't have to kill ourselves waiting in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter