A Summer Wedding and a Disney Trip CANCELLED, HELP DECIDE WHEN WE'LL GO IN 2011

Thanks for the booking advice and the opinions on the Kingdom Keepers books!!!

Ok, so maybe i'll book it in a few weeks then. I know I said I wanted to do an 11 night Disney stay, but the more I think about it, Manny will really enjoy staying in Orlando for a few nights before the trip. I'm thinking we'll just do two instead of three, making for a 9 night Disney stay!! I know once we're in Disney i'm not really going to want to pack up for the day and do "other things" I'm also tossing up going to Universal Studios for a day, but it's so expensive for a one day pass. The only way you'll get a good deal is from buying a multi day, but we'd only go once then it's off to Disney.

Ok, so I will probably book within the next few weeks then. I'm pretty much deciding on the trip dates by myself. It's much too far out for Manny to have any input on what we're going to be doing.:scared1: He needs help!! Or, maybe that's me :lmao:

I've heard about those books but haven't read any. They sound like fun even if they're meant to be for kids. Maybe I'll get those to add to my classroom library!

I think about our next trip constantly too. It's part of the fun!

Thanks for the booking advice and the opinions on the Kingdom Keepers books!!!

Ok, so maybe i'll book it in a few weeks then. I know I said I wanted to do an 11 night Disney stay, but the more I think about it, Manny will really enjoy staying in Orlando for a few nights before the trip. I'm thinking we'll just do two instead of three, making for a 9 night Disney stay!! I know once we're in Disney i'm not really going to want to pack up for the day and do "other things" I'm also tossing up going to Universal Studios for a day, but it's so expensive for a one day pass. The only way you'll get a good deal is from buying a multi day, but we'd only go once then it's off to Disney.

Ok, so I will probably book within the next few weeks then. I'm pretty much deciding on the trip dates by myself. It's much too far out for Manny to have any input on what we're going to be doing.:scared1: He needs help!! Or, maybe that's me :lmao:
We finally decided on our dates! :yay: (you will have to visit me to find out:lmao: )
I will go on and book our room and tickets (package) in Dec. so we can start paying on it!!! we will be doing US/IOA/SW so I need to check into weather we will stay on US grounds or get a townhouse again this coming year. the townhouse was really nice, cheap, and accomadating :confused3. But, I would love to stay on the grounds at US...we'll see!
our TH was $79 a night and it was 3 bedrooms (can't beat that!) except maybe with a pool house.
:wave2:

So my Mom and my brother took the girls to a CIRCUS last night. They all had so much fun. At one point a clown came up to Sam and was doing a little "act" right by her and she said that was her favorite part. She also like the goats? :goodvibes Too cute!!! I told my Mom to take pictures and neither one of them took out their camera :confused3 I don't get it. I wanted to put some up here for you, but I guess not. This is the first time Sam went to this Circus, the last time they went, My Mom took Emily and Lizzie and I was in the hospital with Sam, she was a day old.:cloud9: Awww, my cuddly little baby :goodvibes

Any way, Sam and I are just getting ready to go over to Emily and Lizzie's school to help out with some games for the Summer reading challenge party. If they completed a list of 10 books that they read over the summer they could go to this party. They are going to be playing games and having ice cream. Sounds like fun to me. BUT..... then I have to be to work for 4:00pm, so by the time I get my butt to my desk i'm going to feel like i've been hit by a bus.
Use your imagination and you can only imagine how wild some of these kids at the school are. But they are so cute at the same time, they're used to seeing me a lot, as I volunteer often, so they're always so happy to see me. And when I bring Sam, she gets a lot of attention and Emily is always so proud to have her as her little sis. Lizzie is always excited to see her too. So, off we go in a few minutes.

I'VE BEEN SO BUSY ALL DAY, I DIDN'T HAVE ANY TIME TO DIS :sad2:

I'll try to get on later tonight when I get in from work and let you know what we will be doing for ..........OUR FIRST DISNEY MOVIE NIGHT :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Can't wait to hear about the movie plans!
the circus sounds like fun...my mom and I use to take my older two every year the night of Thanksgiving!

Have a fun day!!!

Hey Pam~

Those books sound great!!! OMG, I am addicted to the creative disigns board with the tshirts. I had a few created, and then did so many myself!!! AC Moore (a craft store here incase you don't have one) had tshirts on sale this week 5 fo $10- I was so excited- I might go back tomorrow and get more!!!

Anyway, I have used the dining plan twice. The regular DDP last year once, when me, Bill, and Austin went for the first time together. And the QSDP just came out this year- and I used that in June when me and a couple of gf's went for a few days. And I have to tell you, the regular DDP was nice, but I think I would take the QSDP any day.

#1. Food on the regular DDP is expensive. You figure Bill and I went to the Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner and our plates were about 30.00/pp plus drinks, plus dessert, plus tax- even though its included in the DDP- that's what your basing your tip on. You figure abou 20% of 100.00- so our tip there was $20.00-it adds up.

#2 You need to make reservations. And character places-such as the Crystal Palace, are very crowded. We had like a 5:30 reservation, and weren't seated for like another 20 min. With the QSDP, you can just walk right in at your own convenience.

#3 The Mugs. The mugs that I simply cannot do without. For the regular DDP, there are 6 in your family plus tax times about 13.00. Thats about 100.00 for mugs. In ths QSDP- they are free!!!

#4 Snack Credits. The regular DDP only includes 1, while the QSDP includes two. If your family is anything like mine- we used ours for breakfast all the time. The size of the bagels, danishes, muffins, or cereals was just perfect for us- plus filling our mugs up and we did not have to buy a drink :-) Then, you can use the other one for a midday or midnite snack:woohoo:

Totally up to you- but from my opinion- I only have a family of three, and I would not spend the extra money to upgrade. 800.00 sounds like alot to upgrade or even tipping if it is offered free. That is totally up to you though. Remember, you can always do a surprise character dinner or lunch (lunch is cheaper- example HS's Playhouse Disney Hollywood and Vine Play and Dine) for about 18-20.00 pp.

Which leads me to my last tip. I have learned something from my past two vacations. And that is how to save money at WDW.

Preferred rooms. If you are staying only a few nights (like three, it is only abou 50.00), and I guess that is ok. We stayed in the Dalmation buildings at ASM last year in the preferred section. What I did not realize is that the Dalmation buildings and Toy Story buildings have non preferred sections only a few steps away from the preferred. When I stayed at POP this past June, we stayed in the bowling pins preferred- same thing. Each of the resorts has about 3 preferred sections- that have nonpreferred sections, and then two other nonpreferred sections out in the middle of nowhere. So, next time I book (I always call in and request what building I want), I think we are going to POP, I am going non preferred and requesting to stay in the 60's building (right behind the food court), with a pool view. That way if I make the ressie far enough out (most people don't think to put in requests), I may just as well get it, and I don't have to shell out over 100.00 just to walk a few extra steps. Hopefully, that helps and I made some sense out of that- but it really is a useful and money saving tip :thumbsup2

And one last thing (I know I'm a talker, but I love talking Disney). I probably won't do this until Austin is a little older, but since you are thinking of staying in Orlando and visiting Universal Studios, I seen this commercial last night for the Nickelodeon Suites- and let me tell you, they looked awesome:yay: They run promotions- they have 2 waterparks on the grounds and all kinds of activities for your kids. You should definitely look into this. The rooms are nickelodeon themed as well.

Ok enough for tonight-- and sweet disney dreams to all :cloud9:!!!!!

Hi longing2batDisney, yes, they did have so much fun at the circus, and going to the circus every year on Thanksgiving night sounds like a GREAT tradition.

Pixiedustprincess, thanks so much for all of the advice, I had no idea some buildings had preferred and nonpreferred rooms only a few steps from each other :thumbsup2 We are going with the Suites at All star music, I think they are all one rate, and I believe they are all in preferred anyway, I think :confused3
And ya know what, now that you lay it all out there, the QDP sounds so much better. We did go with that one in May and LOVED it. We had so many snack credits left over at the end of the week that next time we'll know we can do more for breakfast. I mean, with the amount of snacks you get, you can get a few things for breakfast. And, we didn't even always have a mid day snack because we were always so full. And good point with the mugs, they certainly aren't cheap for a family of 6. The regular DDP of course sounded good for the character meals, and we'll be there in August, so it will be a nice break to sit and relax ,but of course you can do that in the CS restaurants as well.
:confused3:confused3 We'll see :confused3:confused3 After really thinking about it anyway, I think if the QDP is offered for free and we would have to upgrade to the regular DDP that we would just stick with the QS. That does just seem like way too much to upgrade. Hey, I guess that's what happens with a big ole family like mine. :goodvibes

And I'm going over to check out your Pre trip report, YAY :banana:

So I'm sitting on comfy couch right now with a bunch of pillows, blankets a diet coke and of course... my laptop. I had a rough night at work and I just could not wait to get home. And knowing that I can sleep in a little tomorrow morning, cause it's saturday, WOO HOO, makes me feel great right now. I hate that the winter is coming too, it's getting pretty cold at this time of night and I hate going out to my cold truck. Oh well, I'm nice and warm now and I can stop complaining :goodvibes Not to mention i'm here on the DIS, what more do I need right now.

Anyways, I had a blast today volunteering at the girl's school. They had a bounce house set up, of course that was a big hit, and they had the basketballs out at the basketball court, they had a soccer game going on in the field and the kids could just do whatever they wanted to do. They all had so much fun. There were a few girl's from Emily's class that played with Sam the whole time, so she was entertained. I just love being at the school getting to know the teachers and other parents better. I just feel by doing that I know so much more of what's going on all the time and the girls enjoy me being there so much.

Ok, so on to my decision to start our Family movie nights. I'm going to start this sunday. We're going to start with Pirates of the Caribbean. We are fans of the pirates. Especially little Sam. She loves him.

So for dinner we're going to have tacos because when we were in the MK we ate at El Pirata y el Perico which was right across from the Pirates ride, so when we talk about the taco restaurant, which we LOVED, they think about the Pirates. Jack was also out at that time doing his tutorial.

For dessert i'm making brownies with chocolate frosting and crushed reese pieces on top. That is because me and Emily have been wanting brownies lately.

Of course we are going to watch Pirates and have our Pirates decorations set up.

I just need help with a game or craft we can play. I'm going to go searching for some ideas, i'm sure there are plenty around here somewhere, but any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks

HAVE A NICE NIGHT!!!! I"m watching Christmas with the Cranks, my fav!!!:happytv:

Good morning! Pam
what about coconut races! (you can use anything that rolls and anything to push with--Ohana's resturant does this! so I've been told--I'm sure you have something around the house to give it a go!) Family fun magazine usually has lots of ideas, too!

I was thinking I was going to do Disney night Sunday, too! Handy Manny has a prime time special coming on. So, I was thinking Mexican food, too!

Have a wonderful day!
P.S. I forgot that you were thinking of the fly suites at ASMu---just another tip the DO book fast so if you have your $200 for the deposit I would go on and book! and just make changes later. I would book my nights that I think I need (go back and CX whatever nights you decide to stay in Orlando when it gets closer and you make that decision; and just book a min amount of tix days--it is easy to add and subtract from a package...if you do room only they will have to cx your entire ressie and refund your money about 5 days later. But, if you book a pkg you can add and subtract up to a week before you get there --that is what the CM recommended to me!--but fly suites BOOK UP FAST!!! )

Oooo, I forgot Handy Manny had a special on Sunday, Hmmm? Maybe we'll hold off on Pirates then, seeing how I have the movie and we can do that anytime :confused3 Well, i'll have to think about that. Or, maybe we'll just do our Pirates Movie night more towards the afternoon this way we can still watch Handy Manny. Yea, I think we'll do that. Cause I was pretty set on doing Tacos with the Pirates movie. Sounds good!!!

Funny story about Handy Manny. My dh, Manny is known as Handy Manny here. We never ended up seeing Handy Manny at HS, but it's on our must do list for August, Manny said he will have his picture taken with him to humor us. He's such a good sport :goodvibes
Well, Manny does construction work too and of course that's how he got the name. When the show first came out I think Sam was only 3, if i'm remembering correctly and she, even at 3 was the one to realize the connection. Too funny. So ever since then, he's been Handy Manny whenever he takes out his tools. We tease him and ask them if his tools sing to him while he's working :lmao:
I think he kinda looks like Handy Manny too :love: I think that's why I love the show so much.

So Sam and I both woke up with runny noses. My throat hurt as soon as I opened my eyes :headache: I hate getting sick. And ya know when you're not feeling great, those are the days that the kids usually act like wild barn animals. Well they were fooling around while we were having breakfast, I had told them to stop abotu 3 times and Lizzie dumped her entire, full, bowl of cereal in her lap. So, on top of having to clean up milk, I first had to pick an entire bowl of wet, mushy, froot loops off the floor, off the chair, off of Lizzie's lap etc.... you get the point, it was a mess.

As for the suites, I didn't know that they filled up fast. I'll try to book them as soon as I can than.

How cute! that he is "Handy Manny" you def. need to get a shirt made for him for a picture with "Handy Manny"!!!

I added this to the video post I had earlier
"A Day at Magic Kingdom Park"
http://ow.ly/s9FN

seems the disney blog sends one everyday!

We love Handy Manny too!! I did not know that there is a special on tomorrow night. Hmmmm........ maybe I will chime in with you and Connie on the tacos- it really sounds great!!! And we can all catch up afterwards.

I've seen pics of the ASMu Suites, they look really nice. It would probably be more roomy than booking two rooms again. ASMu is a great resort too. In fact, I have stayed in both the Cowboy boots building and the Calypso building, and the funny part is you can walk right over into ASMo's property if you want to take pictures or something that you may of missed out on last time. Both are great resorts. :banana:

Sorry to hear about your morning- I know exactly how that feels. I took Austin to McDonald's through the drive through this morning and he got bbq sauce on my back seat (luckily they can be wiped off they're leather). Kids will be kids:worship:

Yay! I loved your first TR from last year! Very excited to follow along this time!

How cute! that he is "Handy Manny" you def. need to get a shirt made for him for a picture with "Handy Manny"!!!

I added this to the video post I had earlier
"A Day at Magic Kingdom Park"
http://ow.ly/s9FN

seems the disney blog sends one everyday!

Oh, yes, we'll be making him a shirt too!!! And that video is so cute, me and Emily just watched it. It feels like you are there. We think the little CMs sweeping up at the end was too cute.

We love Handy Manny too!! I did not know that there is a special on tomorrow night. Hmmmm........ maybe I will chime in with you and Connie on the tacos- it really sounds great!!! And we can all catch up afterwards.

I've seen pics of the ASMu Suites, they look really nice. It would probably be more roomy than booking two rooms again. ASMu is a great resort too. In fact, I have stayed in both the Cowboy boots building and the Calypso building, and the funny part is you can walk right over into ASMo's property if you want to take pictures or something that you may of missed out on last time. Both are great resorts. :banana:

Sorry to hear about your morning- I know exactly how that feels. I took Austin to McDonald's through the drive through this morning and he got bbq sauce on my back seat (luckily they can be wiped off they're leather). Kids will be kids:worship:

I am too excited to try out the suites there, we will be requesting the Calypso buildings, it looks super neat over there. I showed the kids pictures of it and they thought the same thing.

Oh and don't be sorry about my morning, even though it was "one of those mornings" it happens, as we all know.

Yay! I loved your first TR from last year! Very excited to follow along this time!

Yay, glad to have you joining in. I can't wait to be back in Disney World. And I see that our tickers look alike, we'll be back in the World at the same time.

So we made banana muffins for breakfast this morning and Lizzie didn't want one. Guess what she wanted? Yup, cereal :goodvibes I teased her and told her that if it dumped it in her lap this morning she would be grounded for 3 days.;) (Not really, my kids don't get grounded) You'll be glad to know though that all went well for breakfast this morning.

I gotta find out what time Handy Manny's coming on, I think 7pm. But I still want to stick with my Pirate's night, so I want to get that done before Manny comes on.

I'm still not sure what we'll do for the game, the coconut race does sound like fun. We'll see, i'll let you know when I decide. I'm excited for tacos tonight. The kids still do not know we're starting Disney Movie nights, I'll tell them in a little while or they'll be ready to go all day. It's another rainy day here :-)yay:) So we're going to clean up their rooms and just hang out.

YAY DISNEY MOVIE NIGHT!!

Handy Manny comes on at 7pm pst/6pm cst, hope this helps
have fun tonight! getting ready to go run to the grocery for tonights dinner!

Handy Manny comes on at 7pm pst/6pm cst, hope this helps
have fun tonight! getting ready to go run to the grocery for tonights dinner!

Oh, good thanks, I thought it was 7pm, that's good. I'm going to get some stuff ready for our movie night too. I was just telling Emily about it and she wants to do a treasure hunt for the game, so I got a lot of work to do for this treasure hunt ;)

Have fun with your movie night as well!!!popcorn::

And you to Janine!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!