A Private, Romantic 30th Anniversary Trip- Just Ask My Friends! Last Afternoon: EP p. 37 9/19

What a fun way to spend your anniversary dinner! I've never eaten at Boma. I need to change that soon!

I love your dinner choice; all the food options sound so wonderful. I'm an adventurous eater but my husband is not, so the best I can get out of him is a Boma breakfast.
All those desserts...they all looked delicious! I was definitely living vicariously through all your photos.

I am really looking forward to hearing how the fireworks cruise went!

Wow what a wonderful anniversary meal! Everything looks amazing! :)
So glad you and Mark decided to hang on in there together lol
Can't wait to hear about the fireworks cruise :)

I loved pixie dust you received at the end of your meal!
We haven't been to Boma for a long time. The food does look delicious!

I've only done Boma for breakfast but loved it. I need to go and try dinner there soon. I also find it strange that some bus drivers know like nothing in terms of Disney. Isn't that your job?

Anyways what a great way to celebrate your anniversary!

we had not dined at Le Cellier in several years, not since it became a $ignature dining spot
I see what you did there... I like it!

The soup was good as always. We enjoyed the filet, it was tender but it didn’t have a ton of flavor.
I just can't see how they can mass produce quality portions of the fillet in the manner that they'd need to for the F&W booth.

Tomorrow, Friday, would be our last day. We had afternoon Fast Passes for EPCOT, it was the first time during our trip that we were able to schedule Frozen Ever After. As you may recall, we sucked it up and rode standby earlier, to tepid reviews from Mark.

He was not interested in riding again.

So we “Let it Go”
You just made somebody's day!

I wonder if we can find a FP for Rock-N-Rollercoaster before dinner…

::yes::
That never works for me... :sad2:

The Jawas were out. I’m glad we spent some time with them since it was announced this week that they will no longer be meeting at Launch Bay.
No kidding? That stinks.

My name and hometown (blocked out) appeared on this poster. Note for those of you who don’t know, my legal name is Diana, but not many people have ever called me that since birth when my favorite uncle nicknamed me “Dee Dee”
Wow... I mean that's a nice touch. But name and hometown... that's a little bit too much. :scared:

Somebody got on the bus and asked the driver where Boma was. The driver, on the AKL/Jambo route, said “I don’t know”
I can see it, in a way. It isn't like they drive to the same resort all day long. It could be hard to keep everything straight.

Awww!!! I don’t know what I answered, but my wise-*** answer is usually “We decided a long time ago that neither one of us is going to do any better, so we might as well stick it out.”
There's always the "We're too broke to afford a divorce" line as as well.

This was such a sweet touch. Although we were stuffed, we managed to eat most of the dessert and we drank the champagne which was quite good. We didn’t want to be rude and not enjoy this wonderful gift.
I'm glad you had such a nice dinner at Boma!

I like your response about being married so long. My husband tells people it's just cheaper to stay married. We celebrated 37 years earlier this year.

AKL is such a beautiful resort. I haven't eaten at Boma in quite a few years and it looks as delicious as ever. Tusker House and Boma are probably my two favorite buffets because of the different options.

I've seen birthday and anniversary cupcakes, but how lucky were you to receive champagne!

For the record, it appears that I am “Jawa-height”
:rotfl2:

Congratulations on your anniversary. I love your statement neither one can do better. LOL.

Oh my Zebra Domes........I just love them. Maybe my favorite treat on Dis property, even better than:mickeybar

Thank you! I've finally seen all of the Star Wars movies, so I actually understand some of these things now. I'm still not great with the Star Wars references, but I'm getting better.

The food at Boma looks delicious! I'm glad you guys enjoyed. The nut-crusted salmon sounds like something I would enjoy (I'm a big salmon fan) ... I wonder if I could find a recipe somewhere and make it at home.
So nice that they brought you a special anniversary dessert!

I am particularly fond of the "first" 3 Star Wars Movies, Episodes IV to VI with Luke, Leia, Han, Darth et al. I have only seen the prequels like once each, enough to kind of get the back story. I have enjoyed the two newer movies.

Boma was soooooo good. And thanks for the inspiration- here you go:

Nut Crusted Salmon

Yield: 10 servings

Salmon with cashews, pistachios and pumpkin seeds

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup Cashews, toasted and ground
  • 1/2 cup Pistachio Nuts, toasted and ground
  • 5/8 cup Pumpkin Seeds, toasted and ground
  • 1/8 cup Honey-roasted Peanuts, ground
  • 1/16 cup Cumin, toasted
  • 1/16 cup Coriander, toasted
  • 1/16 cup Curry Powder, toasted
  • 1/8 cup Sugar
  • 1/16 cup Cayenne Pepper
Instructions

1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
  2. Coat the salmon (or fish of your choice) with olive oil.
  3. Then coat with the nut crust.
  4. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 20 minutes
http://www.magicalrecipes.net/boma-nut-crusted-salmon-recipe/

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
That is actually a good answer, I think. :)

That was nice of them to bring that out for your anniversary. We celebrated our 42nd anniversary at Artist Point in May and they brought us champagne and a little dessert. But the ybrought the champagne in the beginning of the meal, which was nice, because I had both glasses instead of ordering a drink. :)

It was such a nice touch, although the dessert was kind of gilding the lily since we had just finished sampling way too many yummy desserts from the buffet!

:goodvibes

We have eaten at Boma twice now and really like the food. I'm glad that we finally tried it because it is probably the best dinner buffet at WDW. I'm debating whether or not to go there during our October trip. I only have one dinner ADR booked so far.

It really is good. I was surprised how much my boys liked it when we took them several years ago, especially Nate, my then-fussy eater (now, at 19, he eats everything)!

We only have one dining reservation for October as well. Huh?!?

No, it sure would not!

Chocolate frosting immediately improves many things!

I agree! And I'd been looking forward to another visit later this month :sad2:

I'm going to miss the Jawas. Hopefully they will return when Star Wars Land debuts. I also miss Darth Vader. I never met his character, but he is my preferred Star Wars Villain. I find Kylo Ren to be kind of whiny.

Um, what?! :confused3 That should be required knowledge!

Right!?! I though bus drivers were notorious for giving out information whether they know the answer or not, instead of saying "I don't know where a restaurant on the bus route I'm driving is"

:rotfl: I seriously LOL-ed on this!!!

That's the kind of romance you get when a computer engineer and a mathematician get together.

That's my go-to move at Disney.

Absolutely! If you aren't over-eating at Disney you are doing it wrong!

:lmao:

Congratulations on your anniversary :love:
I loved your comment about why you have been married so long :rotfl:
We celebrated 30 years in January

I really enjoyed all the food pictures it's been several years since we've been to Boma. Now I'm thinking we need to return.
What a nice ending to your meal :goodvibes

Thank you!

Congrats on your milestone.

Food.jpg

I am so glad we decided to add a meal at Boma to this trip!

What a fun way to spend your anniversary dinner! I've never eaten at Boma. I need to change that soon!

Boma is sooooo good, there are plenty of options for someone who likes exotic offerings as well as picky eaters.

I love your dinner choice; all the food options sound so wonderful. I'm an adventurous eater but my husband is not, so the best I can get out of him is a Boma breakfast.
All those desserts...they all looked delicious! I was definitely living vicariously through all your photos.

I am really looking forward to hearing how the fireworks cruise went!

I can't remember, do you do the Tusker House character breakfast or lunch? Similar although not exactly the same. But probably a better bet while the kids are still little.

Too many desserts! Wow, did I just say that?

The Pirates and Pals party would be RIGHT up your (well, the kids') alley!

pirate:

Wow what a wonderful anniversary meal! Everything looks amazing! :)
So glad you and Mark decided to hang on in there together lol
Can't wait to hear about the fireworks cruise :)

The meal was really special. The food was delicious, the service was excellent, the company was perfect and the surprise dessert and champagne made for a wonderful ending.

:love:

I've only done Boma for breakfast but loved it. I need to go and try dinner there soon. I also find it strange that some bus drivers know like nothing in terms of Disney. Isn't that your job?

Anyways what a great way to celebrate your anniversary!

It has been years since we have been to breakfast at Boma (2008, I believe), but it was excellent. If it wasn't so inconvenient to get to and didn't interfere with our rope drop strategy, we would do it again.

It was really bizarre that the driver was not able to answer where the restaurant was.

It was a great anniversary treat to each other.

Last edited:
About the overeating in Disney or you're doing it wrong... yeah we always overeat in Disney and I am paying for it now. I swear I gained 10 lbs. during our July trip.
DH & I are going for the weekend at the end of the month for my last hurrah before school starts. I made 3 ADRs. I said to DH do we really wanna do that??? I swear that is the only food I am eating the whole weekend!

I am particularly fond of the "first" 3 Star Wars Movies, Episodes IV to VI with Luke, Leia, Han, Darth et al. I have only seen the prequels like once each, enough to kind of get the back story. I have enjoyed the two newer movies.

Boma was soooooo good. And thanks for the inspiration- here you go:

Nut Crusted Salmon

Yield: 10 servings

Salmon with cashews, pistachios and pumpkin seeds

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup Cashews, toasted and ground
  • 1/2 cup Pistachio Nuts, toasted and ground
  • 5/8 cup Pumpkin Seeds, toasted and ground
  • 1/8 cup Honey-roasted Peanuts, ground
  • 1/16 cup Cumin, toasted
  • 1/16 cup Coriander, toasted
  • 1/16 cup Curry Powder, toasted
  • 1/8 cup Sugar
  • 1/16 cup Cayenne Pepper
Instructions

1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
  2. Coat the salmon (or fish of your choice) with olive oil.
  3. Then coat with the nut crust.
  4. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 20 minutes
http://www.magicalrecipes.net/boma-nut-crusted-salmon-recipe/

Thank you for this recipe!! I'll have to try it when I have time (which unfortunately probably won't be anytime soon :()

I see what you did there... I like it!

Di$ney

I just can't see how they can mass produce quality portions of the fillet in the manner that they'd need to for the F&W booth.

True- but where else can you get a filet for 5 bucks?

You just made somebody's day!

Wish I could be a fly on the wall when someone discovered a next day Frozen Ever After FP available!

That never works for me... :sad2:

Maybe we got good RNR karma for giving up Frozen.

No kidding? That stinks.

The Jawas were fun. They played hard to get and I like to see that in characters.

Wow... I mean that's a nice touch. But name and hometown... that's a little bit too much. :scared:

That's what I thought, too. Why not add in a last name, address and phone number too?

And the message "Rob me!"

There's always the "We're too broke to afford a divorce" line as as well.

Or my favorite meme, which I can't post here, but I can paraphrase:

"Marriage: Betting half your "crap" that you will love each other forever"

:love:

I'm glad you had such a nice dinner at Boma!

We did! As Neil Diamond would say "So good! So good! So good!"

I like your response about being married so long. My husband tells people it's just cheaper to stay married. We celebrated 37 years earlier this year.

AKL is such a beautiful resort. I haven't eaten at Boma in quite a few years and it looks as delicious as ever. Tusker House and Boma are probably my two favorite buffets because of the different options.

I've seen birthday and anniversary cupcakes, but how lucky were you to receive champagne!

Congrats!!!

AKL is gorgeous. With the beautiful lobby, interesting dining selections and savannah views seeing animals from your balcony, I am tempted to stay there someday. But the main priority for us when we book a resort is walking distance to a theme park(s), so I'm not sure if my family will be staying there in the future.

We really appreciated the anniversary treats. I'm not a wine drinker, but the champagne was delicious.

Congratulations on your anniversary. I love your statement neither one can do better. LOL.

Oh my Zebra Domes........I just love them. Maybe my favorite treat on Dis property, even better than:mickeybar

Works for us!

Zebra Domes are awesome! Although I am seriously addicted to Mickey Bars, so I'm glad I don't have to decide.

Thank you and I love this :rotfl:

So perfect.

Agreed!!! ::yes::

Exactly! :thumbsup2

Sounds like you and I have a lot in common.

About the overeating in Disney or you're doing it wrong... yeah we always overeat in Disney and I am paying for it now. I swear I gained 10 lbs. during our July trip.
DH & I are going for the weekend at the end of the month for my last hurrah before school starts. I made 3 ADRs. I said to DH do we really wanna do that??? I swear that is the only food I am eating the whole weekend!

I really enjoy eating. In the past, Disney trips have been all about where we are eating. Although I’m proud to say that I have lost 15 pounds since the beginning of the year. I finally found motivation that works for me. I don’t generally recommend my regimen though because it is politically motivated and not good for the country.

I am a little concerned because in the next 3 months I have 2 week-long cruises and a Disney Food & Wine trip in the works, so we will see how my fitness routine will hold up. Though it appears that the source of my willpower remains and gets stronger, every day.

:sad2:

Thank you for this recipe!! I'll have to try it when I have time (which unfortunately probably won't be anytime soon :()

I'll let you know if I make it. I'm always looking for new things to do with salmon. This will not be an inexpensive recipe with all the nuts. But I happen to have some pistachios left over from last weekends family reunion. Silly me- I purchased unsalted and my boys rebelled, so I had to buy another bag of salted. We are going through the plain ones slowly.

:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter