A Magical Gettaway~ A June 2012 Mother/Daughter Trip! PTR- 7/5 Link to TR!!!!!

emma212010

DIS Veteran
Welcome, welcome, welcome!
:welcome:
Ladies and Gentlemen!
Boys and Girls!
Welcome to my first Pre Trip Report EVER!!
In case you missed it, my previous TR, A Year Late But Worth The Wait was wayyyyy too long ago!!! Since then, I have completed a post graduate year at a prep school and am in the process of completing my first year of college. Before I get too far ahead of myself, I should make some proper introductions…

The Who:
Me!! My name is Emma, and I am a 19 year old college student. I am majoring in Child Development, and am just finishing up my first year in college!! I hope to be an elementary school teacher when I grow up. I play basketball for the school, and I love all things Disney! I’m just over six feet tall, and I love to read, surf the Disboards, dance, giggle, and hang out with my DBF of two years <3. That’s my life in a nutshell, let’s move on…

Mom! My mother is the coolest woman in the world (including Oprah!). She is my best friend, and we tend to giggle like we’re 5year olds! She introduced me to Disney before I was even born, and I have her to thank for my Disney obsession! She is a high school French teacher (was mine in high school as well), and I don’t know how she possibly does it. :confused3 She is zuzu03 on the boards, so you might see her popping in and out on this thread. I love her so much, and I am so excited to spend a mother/daughter trip with her to our favorite place in the world!!

Here is a picture of us from our last trip in July of 2010:

IMG_3099.jpg

The When:
We will be traveling on June 21, 2012 and leaving on June 25, 2012.

The Where:
As of now (April 23, 2012) we will be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter!!! I’m so excited because this was my first resort I ever stayed in back in 1997 when I was a wee 4 year old! We are looking for rates at other resorts to see if we can score a better, or same at a deluxe, rate that we can snag.

The Why:
I haven’t been to WDW since my graduation trip in July of 2010. I have been having some serious withdrawals!! I also get very stressed out over the smallest of things, so needless to say this year has been one big stressor! I need to get away! What better place than WDW?? NOWHERE, that’s where!!!!

So please! Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride of ADR making and trip planning! I look forward to hearing suggestions, and just sharing the process with you all!
:jumping1:

Ok, so here’s what our agenda looks like so far:

Thursday 21- Arrival Day- :woohoo: not much planned yet because we don’t have our flight times. It will probably end up being a DTD or pool afternoon/night.

Friday 22- We plan to hit rope drop at 9:00am in DHS this morning to get FPs for TSM and ride ToT, RnRC, Star Tours, and anything else we might want to do.

100_0699.jpg

Then we have an ADR for lunch at Le Cellier at 2:40pm, so we will head over to EPCOT for the rest of the day exploring the World Showcase. We will stay until Illuminations that night at 9:00.

100_0907.jpg

Saturday 23- We have an ADR scheduled at Crystal Palace at 8:25am this morning, so we will head over to Magic Kingdom early!

100_0930.jpg

We will stay in the park all day hitting the rides we want to do. We will probably leave the park after the 3:00 Dreams Come True Parade to rest up at the hotel. We will return to the park for the MSEP at 9:00 and Wishes at 10:00.

Sunday 24- Today is still up in the air. We may do a water park/resort hopping day or a DTD shopping day and park evening day. We are still debating, and open to suggestions!

Monday 25- Departure day! :sad1: Depending on what time our flight is, we will head to EPCOT for rope drop at 9:00am and get FPs for Soarin’.

So as of now we only have two ADRs for the trip. We are looking for lunch and snack suggestions based on the days and times we are in the parks.

I know the Red Velvet Cupcake at Starring Roles is a must!!!!
What is everyone’s must-eat while in WDW??

Well you KNOW I'm here!!!! Checking in from the ridiculously slow wifi at POR!!! Emma gets to do most of the planning for his trip, good practice for when she and her DBF take their first trip together!! So let the planning begin!! Guess I'd better get myself a new ticker soon! Let the countdown begin!

Well you KNOW I'm here!!!! Checking in from the ridiculously slow wifi at POR!!! Emma gets to do most of the planning for his trip, good practice for when she and her DBF take their first trip together!! So let the planning begin!! Guess I'd better get myself a new ticker soon! Let the countdown begin!

Yay Mom! Glad you're here!! :goodvibes

I came across your PTR and am joining in!!

My daughter's name is Emma, too! Although she's only 2! ;)

I hope to take a mommy/daughter trip with her someday (and rreeeaaallllyyyy hope she loves Disney as much as me!)! My DH doesn't know it, but I'm hoping to take a trip sometime in 2013 :rolleyes1 I got to get Emma hooked early!!

Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

I came across your PTR and am joining in!!

My daughter's name is Emma, too! Although she's only 2! ;)

I hope to take a mommy/daughter trip with her someday (and rreeeaaallllyyyy hope she loves Disney as much as me!)! My DH doesn't know it, but I'm hoping to take a trip sometime in 2013 :rolleyes1 I got to get Emma hooked early!!

Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

Yay! Emma is a great name, haha ;) That is too cute!! I'm sure she'll get the Disney bug too! It took me until a couple years ago to actually appreciate everything Disney does. Once I realized how amazing it is and all the little things, I became obsessed with ALL the small magical things!! :goodvibes

Welcome!!

I'm in :) I read your TR from 2010 and it was great! Can't wait to read along with this one!

I didn't realize you had started this! Shoot, I didn't even realize you had a trip coming up! Sometimes, I'm so oblivious to things on the boards. :sad2:

How fun that you & your mom are doing a trip! :cool1: Can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

I'm here! I'm excited to read your pre-trip report~ :woohoo:

Yay!! Thanks for reading!! :cool1:

I'm in :) I read your TR from 2010 and it was great! Can't wait to read along with this one!

Awesome! Glad you're here!

I didn't realize you had started this! Shoot, I didn't even realize you had a trip coming up! Sometimes, I'm so oblivious to things on the boards. :sad2:

How fun that you & your mom are doing a trip! :cool1: Can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

Haha, that's ok! We literally decided on this Monday! :rotfl2: I just couldn't wait to start planning!! I'm just soooo excited! :goodvibes

Haha, that's ok! We literally decided on this Monday! :rotfl2: I just couldn't wait to start planning!! I'm just soooo excited! :goodvibes

I don't blame you! Planning is so much fun! :yay: I selfishly hope y'all don't change resorts so that I can see recent pics of POFQ & see what y'all think of it. :goodvibes

I don't blame you! Planning is so much fun! :yay: I selfishly hope y'all don't change resorts so that I can see recent pics of POFQ & see what y'all think of it. :goodvibes

:lmao: Well, POFQ is a beautiful resort, and I love it so much!! It holds a very dear place in my heart, and I'm sure you guys will LOVE it! (If it hasn't changed since I've last been there!) And I secretly hope we don't change either! ;) But who knows, it might be too good to pass up!

This Christmas, my Mom gave me a brand spankin new high tech digital camera!!! I have the worst luck with the little dinky cameras, and I really love taking pictures of everything! I really needed a camera that will hold up over time. So being the lovely mother she is, she and my Step Dad picked me out a camera that I love! It is just amazing!! It is a Canon SX40 HS 12.1MP Digital Camera. I don’t really know what that means, but it’s awesome and has a really great zoom!

Some pictures taken on Christmas…

Our Dog, Jolie <3

IMG_0023.jpg

Zuzu-

IMG_0107.jpg

Mom outside walking Jolie- snowy yuck!!

IMG_0099.jpg

My other cat, at my Dad’s house, named Jack-Jack was more than happy to pose for me while I tried the different settings. I think he looks pretty handsome if I do say so myself! Cue onset of precious cat photos…

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

So, I am very excited to use this baby is Disney! Hopefully I'll get some really great shots! :thumbsup2

Judging by the pictures I'd say your camera is pretty awesome! :yay: I love the cat photos (I love cats so much, they're so adorable)!

POFQ is amazing! The reason it holds a dear place in Emma's heart is because it was the very first place we stayed on her first visit when she was only three years old! We won't change, love, we'll keep it!!! And I love your pics except the snowy one brrrrrrrr!! Hahaha!! Can't wait to get home and plan with you!!! XX

Love your pics! I think you're going to get some great shots at Disney! :thumbsup2

POFQ is amazing! The reason it holds a dear place in Emma's heart is because it was the very first place we stayed on her first visit when she was only three years old! We won't change, love, we'll keep it!!! And I love your pics except the snowy one brrrrrrrr!! Hahaha!! Can't wait to get home and plan with you!!! XX

Awww, that is so sweet! I truly hope my son will still go to Disney with me when he's 19. He just turned 4 in March & I already worry about him not wanting to do Disney (or anything else) with me & DH once he hits his teen years. :sad2:

I'm so excited to hear if y'all still love POFQ! I really don't want to change resorts.......again. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts