5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
BibbidyBobbidyBoo said:
Hi,
I have been SO busy lately (started a new work-at-home business) and everything else going on. I would like to ask if anyone can PM me any important information that I may have missed out on in the past week or so on this thread. I haven't had time to catch up and at this rate I doubt I ever will. :rotfl:

I would really appreciate a PM about anything "need to know"- such as about any scuba changes... I don't even know if we're still a go for Cozumel or if we're booking scuba somewhere else in case we go to that "somewhere else" instead of cozumel? info about the excursion bags and if we're supposed to order them now, any info or changes to dismeet on ship, etc. I would really appreciate it and heart you forever if you could do that for me! :)

hugs-

Too much going on and I am trying to catch up. New folks, pirate costumes, book exchanges, reservations made, not make, Castaway Cay treasure hunt....

Good Morning All -

Early seating - In Jan '06 my reservation had 6pm seating, I requested LAP.

When we boarded we had APL, 5:30.

So, DCL can't guarantee seating requests. I am sure DCL will do their best to seat us together on the same rotation. ( except for the Ohio Family ). DCL does not want to talk to LISA.

pdfgpixiedust:

Sue

tinksdad said:
Mark or Mary,

I was starting to work on our magnetic door sign and would like a larger copy of the double scoop logo than you have posted on your site. Do you have another??

Yet another thing on the list - OR I can use what we had the last time, even though they kept falling off when the door was closed????

tinksdad said:
blahblah.gif
blahblah.gif

You can stay, BUT that attitudes GOT to go!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

BTW, you want to dive with us on May 25 in Jupiter?? Two tank AM with Scuba Works.

Well, I'll be..... a TOP!! Thanks Jim!!

Do you have room for more if we can get off work? That's my B-day :blush:

WDWLVR said:
Debbie - nice to see you posting on the thread. It does sound like the 10:30 Sunday boat will be full of DISers. Always fun when you can have a boat full of DIS families!

We'll look up in the air at you all when we are finishing up the stingrays!

pdfgpixiedust:
Well I am confused. I only saw two times for boats 9:15 and 1:15 on all days???????????

Stacey mentioned a 10:15 - you mentioned a 10:30?????

kikipug said:
All this talk about everyone making ressies has really got me :sad1: . Sounds like we'll never get anything booked by the time we're able to!!!!

When I called DCL - I asked about the folks that are 75 days out....I have the impression that DCL does not release all the ressies, They hold some back for you guys and some for those who board the ship.

We will keep our fingars crossed....

And keep checking, for instance, I glitched on Seahorse and then it would not let me redo it (something about the filters???) I was able to redo it yesterday so I released a spot.....

And, Don't count on the 3 am - DCL keeps telling me it is midnight EST.

WDWLVR said:
I can guranatee that the lines were not opened at midnight Eastern. I woke up and got online about 11:30 central (so 12:30 eastern). Logged on and got into my reservation without problems and when I went to check about booking it gave me the could not book message. Did a bunch of stuff online (mostly designing t-shirts for the member cruise). Tried again at 1:50 central time (2:50 eastern) same message. Right at 2 am I clicked and was able to get everything I wanted. So it definately went on at 3 am eastern.

Mary - thanks - I am glad to hear this - that I did not miss out from my own error....having others beat me to it, is fair game....but honest...they daid it was midnight EST and "implied" = poor things were prob. tired, that I was rather "stupid" for thinking that DCL, who is housed in Orland, uses Western time. (I did not remind them where the parent Co. was).

This will be a test for DCL - we are the first - hence more returning cruisers. Plus this is the first 7 day with only 2 sea days, hence less brunch and tea. I am very surprised that all the Palo dinners are gone. That does not make sense to me.

Plus the filter questions and errors....I got those too, but I was on a low strength wireless - that I pirated...no clue whose it was....

Scoopie said:
Hi everyone. I think this is my last night in GA. I had fun posing on my own Mardi Gras float today that Emily made especially for me. The girls have been lots of fun. Emily is VERY sad tonight because I'll be leaving GA tomorrow. She's a very sweet girl.

Mom Mary, can I be sure to pay a visit to Emily while on the cruise????

Hi Scoopie - you are a lucky cone to have so many sweet girls to play with....

scuba.mom said:
Lisa's meet was very confusing, the combined Level 8's and Level's 9 together. The judges kept changing the order of when the gymnasts competed at their event. Instead of doing the normal rotation process, they would put all of the 8's first, then the 9's. The next group of judges would want the girls in order by which gym they were competing for, etc.

Anyhow, despite all of that, Lisa was first in the all around. She has one more meet next week to tune up for States the following weekend. That is the meet that really counts the most for her.

YEAHHHHH Lisa :banana: :banana: :banana:

Good morning cruisers!
23_9_10.gif

Happy Monday!

Welcome home Stacey!

Yeah for Drew & Cheryl!

Sue - thanks for checking with DCL. From what I heard the time on the website only indicates main seating (6:00) but doesn't really reflect your exact eating time. Kind of like when it still says booked even after you have paid in full.

Whew!!!!! Finally caught up.

Thanks for all the posts and information about the bookings.

Thanks for sharing all the stories about the weekend.

Today is going to be a G :sunny: :coffee: D day......

LAter... :wave:

I will admit to watching Dancing, including flipping between it and the Olympics last night. The shameless manipulation of the audience by this show at times is bizarre. I mean having these last two be 2 hour episodes to try to get ratings from some other big program on, especially last week where the entire first hour was filler. And funnel those viewers to the follower show by holding the final announcement till the last minute of the show to try to keep people from channel flipping, c'mon already.

As far as it being rigged- nah. You can ask Mary, after the Thursday show I told her Jerry would get second. The scoring was based on half the phone from just the Thursday show and half the overall judge score from both days. Stacey and Tony did a mediocre number at best on the Thursday show, Jerry and his partner did so much better. And it's been a given for at least the last few weeks that Drew and Cheryl were going ot win this, short of a major mistake someplace. They have a connection with each other the other pairs simply didn't have and that showed in their routines more than anything else, they are a true dance pair.

Web page update!

I've gotten info from Debbie (LOVETHATMOUSE). Stop by the gallery and meet her and her family.

As for buttons - our total is now up to 100! Looks like it is going to be a good showing on this cruise!

chip&dale&fun said:
How many bags are you allowed to take on the cruise?

And how do you pack your wine?

We stopped at the LakeRidge Winery on our way home from the Manatee Trio and picked up a bottle of Port for the cruise. This is not the bottle that we are brining in response to the pots a few days back, and we know Florida wine is not on the TOP of the list, but still.....it seemed like a fun thing.

Anyway, our wine collection for the trip is growing and I do not think we can carry it in our hand luggage.

Do you pack your dive camera's or carry them on board as well?

Is it to late to decide we need a few kids to help out?

The airlines only allows three bags per person, so that is our limit. I ALWAYS carry on my camera equipment, everywhere!!

As far as the wine goes, we did carry that on as well. Got one of those insulated folding bags with wheels. Wrap each bottle in bubble wrap. Works well.

chip&dale&fun said:
Do you have room for more if we can get off work? That's my B-day :blush:
That would be very cool!! I'll PM you with the details.

Can you say, WooWoo??? The bus just came and made me smile. This is the first day back to school after a week's vacation. Now I can get back to regularly scheduled things in life...like laundry, errands(without being nagged, "mommy can I get this? Can I get that?) You moms know what I'm talking about. How about a clear head to actually THINK about what needs to be done today. Kinda like when you're DH is home from work and your regular schedule gets all changed. Phheww!!! OK, I'm better now.

Just thought I would poke in and say hi and vent for a minute.

Congratulations LISA!!! Way to go!!! And congrats to our milestone posters.

What else am I missing? I'm going to eat my breakfast and start to get going now. Have a great day everyone.

TTFN

Edited to add: WWOOOOO HOOOOO and unexpected TOP with all moms and getting back to school!!!

chip&dale&fun said:
Yet another thing on the list - OR I can use what we had the last time, even though they kept falling off when the door was closed????

All of my magnets kept turning upside down or switching positions on the door. Everytime I came out of the room it seemed they were in a different configuration.

Then again, my dad was next door and I think THAT had a lot to do with it!!!

tinksdad said:
The airlines only allows three bags per person, so that is our limit. I ALWAYS carry on my camera equipment, everywhere!!

But the cruise only allows TWO checked bags per person, right? They only give you two luggage tags in your docs.

ohiominnie said:
But the cruise only allows TWO checked bags per person, right? They only give you two luggage tags in your docs.
You are probably right, I couldn't remember. I don't like too many bags anyway. Gets hard for the pack mule to carry.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter