2024 DDP price?

As much as we have loved the DDP in the past, recent years have taught us to go without. We still eat what we want, and save $ in the process. So if it ends up being overpriced for adults (no more under 10 in our family) we'll skip it. Hoping it does save $ for us though...

What's your prediction of the cost of the dining plan for 2024?

CS plan and the TS plan.
I want to say the DDP WAS 75.86 for adults. 1 table service, one CS, 2 snack per day plus ONE refillable mug .

I would be okay with a 10/15 % increase MAX.

There would still be room to justify the cost not just the convenience.

Sharing is a bonus where available.

Our dining now consists of sharing an entree, one or two app and one or two adult beverages. So, the DDP could work for us or not.

We had TIW but sadly it is not available ATM.

There is no way the DDP is worth more than $85 per person per day. But, I guess if you pay rack rate and get the plan for 4/5 adults per room then you can justify the cost. But as a DVC member, more
Than $80 per day is just not the best deal -regardless of convenience.

Around $60 for QS and close to $100 for the regular plan.
Based on UK pricing
If that's the case, no wonder they're no longer even pretending any adult could possibly save money by purchasing a full-price DDP (and are only advertising the possibility of saving money on children's meals)!

(e.g., sample day using higher-priced options: Fajita platter and beverage at Pecos Bill's for $21, + full dinner at 'Ohana for $59, + Dole Whip for $7 = $87, plus a couple dollars for proportional cost/value of souvenir cup, and voila! - one can reasonably expect to lose at least as much money on every adult in the party as they're potentially saving for each child)

Last edited:
I got $57.01 for QS and $94.34 for DP when added to a package with one night for one adult in February. They don’t tell you the per day price anymore just your total package price when you add the dining plan. Probably banking on the idea that people who get the dining plan for convenience might find it inconvenient to do all that math to figure out what they’re really paying?

I'm wondering if the cost of the dining plan decreases per day as the stay gets longer, similar to park tickets?

If that's the case, no wonder they're no longer even pretending any adult could possibly save money by purchasing a full-price DDP (and are only advertising the possibility of saving money on children's meals)!

(e.g., sample day using higher-priced options: Fajita platter and beverage at Pecos Bill's for $21, + full dinner at 'Ohana for $59, + Dole Whip for $7 = $87, plus a couple dollars for proportional cost/value of souvenir cup, and voila! - one can reasonably expect to lose at least as much money on every adult in the party as they're potentially saving for each child)
Remember that for adults it includes alcohol with each meal. For Ohana, that adds another $15 and might increase QS by a bit (if somewhere other than MK). That assumes you would otherwise order a drink. Not a good deal for my Disney adult children, but passes the smell test at least for real adults who enjoy a drink on vacation. Curious on kids pricing, since they hyped the value.

Yeah I can’t see how the dining plans make much financial sense anymore. I also don’t understand why they did away with a delux style plan that allows you to eat at signature restaurants.

I priced it out using the online menus for the quick service plan and the max I “spent” was around $45.57. I will not be getting either plan. I hope that they do not drastically raise dining prices to make it seem worth it.

Too bad an adult can’t purchase the child option and order accordingly

My wife would not even eat a full child meal

Ugh we have to rethink things! At $94 for an adult it is a tough pill to swallow since we love Topolinos and Yachtsman which are signatures. Our 2 children qualify for the child price but our 9 year old growing boy sometimes orders off the adult menu... so I'd prefer not to use a credit and buy an additional entree if the kid's meal isn't enough food for him.

I priced it out using the online menus for the quick service plan and the max I “spent” was around $45.57. I will not be getting either plan. I hope that they do not drastically raise dining prices to make it seem worth it.

Back in the early days of DDP... it was easy to get value out of $35 a day for an adult. But recent years have made the DDP a tough option beyond just convenance (which for some is a big thing).

Of course Table Service Dining is itself rather inconvenient... doesn't allow for much flexibility in your scheduling. And doesn't match too well with Genie+, Virtual Ques or Park Reservation System.

That's what we have always done and I don't think the dining plan has been a good deal for many years. Add up what you would realistically eat. I know that some people will go for the most expensive meals or entrees and try to get the most for their money, but really, is that what I want to eat? Not always.

However, I've said this before, but people who want convenience will still buy it. And people who don't do the math will buy into it, as well. Or people who are clueless and trust someone else to plan their trip. I know for a fact there are "Disney Planner" moms already pushing it on their potential clients.

Remember that for adults it includes alcohol with each meal. For Ohana, that adds another $15 and might increase QS by a bit (if somewhere other than MK). That assumes you would otherwise order a drink. Not a good deal for my Disney adult children, but passes the smell test at least for real adults who enjoy a drink on vacation. Curious on kids pricing, since they hyped the value.
True, but it will be difficult to find enough meals and beverages at 'Ohana-level pricing to stay ahead on the DDP, without sacrificing all flexibility in where and what you eat.

As before, the DDP will be most valuable to those who would already order and eat everything it provides, at the highest possible price points, at the most expensive 1-credit TS restaurants, regardless of whether they had the DDP or not. Every time you deviate from that -- visit a less-expensive restaurant, dine at a 2-credit venue, decline to order a dessert or alcohol/specialty beverage -- you "lose" money.

I don't mean to imply that nobody could possibly benefit from the DDP -- only that it's gotten harder with each new iteration of the DDP, and is now so challenging that Disney doesn't even dare advertise that adults can expect to save anything on their dining with it, when they purchase it at full price.

Where is a list of which restaurants are signature? We used to make out with the dining plan when we did four or five character meals per trip but now with some of them 2 credits then we’d lose money.

Where is a list of which restaurants are signature? We used to make out with the dining plan when we did four or five character meals per trip but now with some of them 2 credits then we’d lose money.
Just go to the Disney website, click over to "All Dining," and select the filters for "Fine/Signature Dining" and "Dining Plan."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/#/fine-signature-dining,dining-plan/

That doesn't tell the whole story, though. The new additions to the DDP 2-credit list (e.g., Akershus L/D, Cinderella's Royal Table, Storybook Dining at Artist Point, etc.), as well as some of the old 2-credit spots (e.g., Hoop-dee-Doo Revue, Be Our Guest, Le Cellier, Brown Derby, and room service orders) may not appear on that list, but will still be 2 credits on the DDP. (Interestingly, California Grill and STK, formerly 2-credit restaurants, don't turn up in the Fine/Signature Dining/DDP results at all. Either they're not participating in the DDP this year, or they haven't committed yet. Space 220, Chefs de France, and Monsieur Paul aren't listed as 2024 DDP participants at this juncture either, but they'd all be expected to be 2-credit experiences as well.)

Last edited:
So is there still the 1-credit and 2-credit dining locations? I just cannot make the math work (and we spent ALOT on food our trip a couple weeks ago) with $94/pp. Even O'hana, Chef Mickeys, or even LeCelliar I can't see you getting ahead of this cost. Has someone done the math to see where/how this would be a savings in ANY way? The best case scenario I can see is a possible break-even point, but I can't see any savings---esp if they are still doing 2-credit locations!

So is there still the 1-credit and 2-credit dining locations? I just cannot make the math work (and we spent ALOT on food our trip a couple weeks ago) with $94/pp. Even O'hana, Chef Mickeys, or even LeCelliar I can't see you getting ahead of this cost. Has someone done the math to see where/how this would be a savings in ANY way? The best case scenario I can see is a possible break-even point, but I can't see any savings---esp if they are still doing 2-credit locations!
Somebody did do the math on another thread (darned if I can find it at the moment though!), and you're right -- at least for adults, breaking even is about the best you can do over a multi-day stay. This is why Disney is no longer advertising the DDP as a way to save money, except on children's dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!