2024 DDP price?

I used to think the refillable mug was a bargain since I drink soda in the morning instead of coffee. Then I realized that Amazon Prime would deliver (2) 12-packs of Diet Coke for less than the cost of the mug and I would not have to run to the refill station every morning to fill it up.

I lost interest in the DP when I found myself constantly "eating for value" instead of eating what I actually wanted. I would always order the most expensive items and eat dessert, even if I was uncomfortably full already, just because I had already paid for it. Then, I was still paying more money OOP to tip our server so the "pre-paid mentality" was also gone.
Now, I take advantage of rewards and rebate programs throughout the year and use those rewards to "purchase" (or redeem for) Disney gift cards. Then, I take those "free" Disney gift cards and use them to pay for my dining. I can order whatever I want and I just use the gift cards to cover the meal and tips and everything is already "pre-paid".

Yeah the mugs were more of a pain, as someone had to take them back to the room or we ended up carrying them all day long. And most the deluxe resorts the drink machines weren't very convenient. Disney really should have made the cups a more global feature across the "world".

I too am a fan of using DGC that I've gotten a 10% - 20% discount built into their purchase. But you could use those to pay for DDP as well. My issue is Table Service just isn't very convenient... all on it's own. Often conflicts with VQs and their always moving times, and then Genie+ can be an issue, and you have to deal with Park Reservations matching up where you want to dine as well. Can't do DHA in the morning and then jump over to Epcot for lunch...

We often share a counter services meals, so as not to get too full at the parks. And tend to only do one or two table service a trip... as you end up focusing more on those dining plans than on the park plans. But different folks have different priorities...

And it’s not even a good deal
If it’s free since you can save more money with a room discount. Unless you have four in a room then it maybe cheaper to take free dining. I always do the math

Would be nice to not have to buy the plan for the entire stay. An option of a 3-4 day plan for a longer stay would be great.

I remember when the Ddp included an app AND tip…I’m pretty sure dessert too. That was truly enjoyable and all inclusive.
Yep It was app, main, dessert, tax and tip for $39 per day. It was a screaming hot deal back then. I haven't done it since.

Its really sad that it barely saves us anything even with the most expensive meals. Makes more sense to use our AP discount since we would like to continue to eat at some of the lesser priced options like the Plaza.

Yep It was app, main, dessert, tax and tip for $39 per day. It was a screaming hot deal back then. I haven't done it since.
I remember that. Lots of people on dis back then that wanted a way to adjust the included auto 18%. Like the staff weren’t working for it.
Disney listened and then they got rid of it.

Often conflicts with VQs and their always moving times, and then Genie+ can be an issue, and you have to deal with Park Reservations matching up where you want to dine as well. C
As far as Genie+ and ILLs are concerned--we were told to always prioritize the dining reservation over the ride reservations. Then just tell the CMs at the rides that you had a dining reservation and they will let you on even if it's way after your time (even for virtual queues). We've done this several times and never had problem. They recommend keeping receipts or having proof of dining on your phone just in case, but we've never been asked to show it.

I take this as a good thing... meal plans are worse for these dinning locations and I believe reduce quality. I think Disney bringing it back is great for those that have to have it and the marketing packages they put together. For us that clearly see no value we just opt out of it. Overall it is not too bad as they will probably sell less packages which is ideal for everyone I believe in the end.

Does anybody know if you can pay for the DDP using Disney vouchers? I’m just thinking that sometimes you can get them discounted from Target or Costco or elsewhere and that would discount the total cost of the DDP I think?

Does anybody know if you can pay for the DDP using Disney vouchers? I’m just thinking that sometimes you can get them discounted from Target or Costco or elsewhere and that would discount the total cost of the DDP I think?
Do you mean gift cards? If so, yes. It's still going to be hard to come out ahead using the DDP. Nowadays it is more for convenience, not saving money. In general, you will spend more. Check out Disney Food Blog, they have articles and videos recently posted on how to make the most of the DDP (and even they say it's hard to make it worth it in terms of cost).

Do you mean gift cards? If so, yes. It's still going to be hard to come out ahead using the DDP. Nowadays it is more for convenience, not saving money. In general, you will spend more. Check out Disney Food Blog, they have articles and videos recently posted on how to make the most of the DDP (and even they say it's hard to make it worth it in terms of cost).
Yes, gift cards :-)
I‘ll have to look at those DFB vids - I love AJ - such helpful advice!
I’ll likely end up doing some hard maths on it all too and will share anything I do on here :-)

It sure was. But that was 2005, nearly 20 years ago.
The way everything, everywhere, costs so much more since the pandemic,
I don't think we will ever see reasonable prices for much again.

And was it two snacks as well - just remember with six of us, we always had snacks left over (Epcot food carts weren't year round back then) and trying to use them up the last day. You also could get a printout at guest services that showed everything you used the Dining Plan on, so it made it simple to see the value in what you were getting. Back then it really was a no brainer if you usually ate a few meals at sit downs anyway.

Been a long time since the math worked like that.

I just added the DDP to my reservation for the end of the month. I found Pop Century availability from the Yacht Club and jumped on it, cause I'm cheap. If I had done just the straight change it was charging me the 50$ change fee since I am within 30 days. But when I added the DDP it did not charge me the 50$ fee. So for 3 nights I have to spend about 250 on food and snacks to make it worth it. I made reservations at Ohana, Chefs de France and Sci-Fi. Also I save credit card refund exchange fees on those dollars. And now I don't have to worry about food. I generally only drink at the Epcot festival booths so don't really care that I won't be snacking it up. I am a bit worried I won't use all 3 QSC but oh well.

My only niggle with the DDP is I wish it was app or dessert. Sometimes I want something sweet, sometimes I don't and would rather begin my meal with fried pickles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter