2024 DDP price?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
What's your prediction of the cost of the dining plan for 2024?

CS plan and the TS plan.

I could see the standard dining plan jumping from $78 per adult to $90 and child from $30 to $40 because of increased prices for food/everything. The other half of me thinks maybe the price increase wont be so high which is why they had to take away one of the two snacks to help keep prices reasonable. If they increase the price to $90/$40 it would certainly make free dining/some kind of promotion very desirable and they could use that promotion to immediately fill any areas where they have low bookings.

The food will need to get a nice size price increase to justify the DDP cost. Win for Disney.

Well we all know everything has been increased so it won't be surprising if the portion is the same size. Disney know most people who get the DDP are for conveniency. I am one of them lol

Disney's website language now advertises that you can save money on CHILDREN on the DDP -- not adults. Since we know that if savings were possible for the whole family, Disney would be advertising that, as it did in the past, I think it's safe to say that Disney has done the math, and adjusted the DDP price (and/or made some 1-credit TS into 2-credit TS) such that the adult price will be jacked up just above the daily cost of the most expensive [1-credit] TS/CS/snack options (plus the cost of a refillable mug, or whatever else the plan will include), while the child price will stay low enough to guarantee that "up to 20%" savings on the kids dining costs.

FROM THE DISNEY WORLD WEBSITE's DDP page:
  • Save Money
    Save up to 20% on dining for kids ages 3 to 9 when you purchase a dining plan for your family as part of a Walt Disney Travel Company package. Savings compared to the nondiscounted price of menu items available to kids ages 3 to 9 at participating locations when purchased without a dining plan. Actual savings varies based on menu items ordered.

My question is if it will be offered to DVC members on a DVC stay like it was in the past.

I can't find it in my dashboard. Could you post the link, please, or specifically where it is?
For me, it's once you log in to your account, scroll down and it says "News and Alerts". That's where I saw "Starting May 31, 2023, call Member Services to add dining plans to your 2024 stays!"

For me, it's once you log in to your account, scroll down and it says "News and Alerts". That's where I saw "Starting May 31, 2023, call Member Services to add dining plans to your 2024 stays!"
Thank you. Is that an app? I use a laptop, and I can't find it, even when I click on notifications, news and alerts, etc. Oh well, all will be revealed in 2 days, we hope. Thank you for the reply.

Thank you. Is that an app? I use a laptop, and I can't find it, even when I click on notifications, news and alerts, etc. Oh well, all will be revealed in 2 days, we hope. Thank you for the reply.
Hmm, no I just do it on laptop. The main page has a lot going on, but its somewhere in the middle. Two days to go! Very curious about pricing. DDP probably won't make sense for us, but curiosity is getting the best of me

Disney's website language now advertises that you can save money on CHILDREN on the DDP -- not adults. Since we know that if savings were possible for the whole family, Disney would be advertising that, as it did in the past, I think it's safe to say that Disney has done the math, and adjusted the DDP price (and/or made some 1-credit TS into 2-credit TS) such that the adult price will be jacked up just above the daily cost of the most expensive [1-credit] TS/CS/snack options (plus the cost of a refillable mug, or whatever else the plan will include), while the child price will stay low enough to guarantee that "up to 20%" savings on the kids dining costs.

• Save Money
    Save up to 20% on dining for kids ages 3 to 9 when you purchase a dining plan for your family as part of a Walt Disney Travel Company package. Savings compared to the nondiscounted price of menu items available to kids ages 3 to 9 at participating locations when purchased without a dining plan. Actual savings varies based on menu items ordered.
Huh. Interesting...
Thanks for pointing that out

Hmm, no I just do it on laptop. The main page has a lot going on, but its somewhere in the middle. Two days to go! Very curious about pricing. DDP probably won't make sense for us, but curiosity is getting the best of me
Me too. Curiosity about pricing and details, and excitement, anticipation.

• Save Money
I have always thought of the dining plan as more for convenience than actual money savings. Our family priced it out and once our kids started becoming Disney adults, the cost was definitely not worth it for us. We always came out ahead by paying out of pocket for the meals that we wanted and getting the discount on our room, instead.

I expect them to charge $200 a day and let people book early for reservations. That will be the big advantage. booking early will be worth about $100 a day per person for many guests.

So what do people think? $70+ a day. Take into it they have axed a snack credit. If they price too high people won’t bother and eat offsite I would presume?

I have always thought of the dining plan as more for convenience than actual money savings. Our family priced it out and once our kids started becoming Disney adults, the cost was definitely not worth it for us. We always came out ahead by paying out of pocket for the meals that we wanted and getting the discount on our room, instead.
Same here. Ten years ago, we used to "save" 10-15% off of the out-of-pocket price for the same meals on the DDP when our kids were small, but even then we had to carefully select only the priciest 1-credit TS meals and CS venues. Nowadays, we spend over 30% _less_ by paying out of pocket instead of buying the DDP, even though we're actually eating a larger proportion of TS meals than the DDP would allow, ordering appetizers that it wouldn't include, and still ordering whatever entrees we want!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter