2019 Flower and Garden Festival menus

I’m curious about “the app.” Are you referring to My Disney Experience App? I looked there under Epcot Dining but couldn’t filter for Flower & Garden. Can you please direct us where to get this info? Thanks in advance!
Not MDE, there's an app called WDW Food & Wine that has all the booth menus, prices, maps and allows you to track your favorites, etc.

I am loving this app, by the way, and am really looking forward to using it in real life - in just 17 days! I've already marked a bunch of stuff as "wishlist" items and just figured out how to filter the list so it only shows those items so I can be sure not to miss any. So cool!!!

I am loving this app, by the way, and am really looking forward to using it in real life - in just 17 days! I've already marked a bunch of stuff as "wishlist" items and just figured out how to filter the list so it only shows those items so I can be sure not to miss any. So cool!!!
It works so much easier in the park than flipping through the book. I still get the books because I like to keep them, but the app even has a "stamp" you can add to each booth. I like it especially because it can filter gluten free items and show you exactly where they are on the map.

I had a lot of people and CM's ask me about the app while we were using it during Food & Wine. I HIGHLY recommend it!

I thought the lobster tail wasn’t worth the money. Temperature was sketchy: Not cold, not hot. I was worried it would make me sick, but luckily it didn’t! It was also bland and chewy.

I didn’t get to try a ton of things due to long lines at the booths, but I did really enjoy the crab and cheese wontons at China.

So has anyone tried anything yet you can review for us?

We tried:
La Isla Fresca
-Jamaican braised beef. Excellent-a little spice, kids and adults both loved
-Simply Tropical Freeze. Fine. Tasted like frozen POG.

Bauernmarket
-potato pancake with applesauce. Just OK. 9 year old enjoyed

The Smokehouse
-pulled pig slider-not bad, nothing special.
-burnt ends-good. Nice crisp and flavorful meat. The fondue wasn’t noticeable and the pickle seemed more like a slice of cucumber.

Hanami:
-Frushi. Meh.

Florida Fres
-Carne guisada. Good! Really liked the black bean cake underneath.
-spicy blackened shrimp. The shrimp were good though not particularly blackened or spicy. Grits were delicious.
-cucumber watermelon slush. This was one of the best drinks of the week. So refreshing!

Not sure if it has been reported but they are out of the orange bird sipper cups. It’s still listed in the passport but has been removed from the booth signage. Pretty disappointing to go fairly early in the festival (yesterday) and have them out of something already. I would have thought they learned a lesson with the beaker cups at Food and Wine but apparently not. :sad2:

Not sure if it has been reported but they are out of the orange bird sipper cups. It’s still listed in the passport but has been removed from the booth signage. Pretty disappointing to go fairly early in the festival (yesterday) and have them out of something already. I would have thought they learned a lesson with the beaker cups at Food and Wine but apparently not. :sad2:
Not surprising, but it seemed to happen even faster than the beaker cups. Of course, letting folks get 10 each on that first day didn't help

I had a feeling that was going to happen. We won't be there until the end of May and I was really hoping to get one. Hopefully they will be restocked soon.

We were there on Wednesday. Even though the crowds were at a 9, the lines for the food booths didn't seem long at all. We just had a few things:

Pineapple Promenade: Violet Lemonade - YUM!! I could see why this is a cult favorite, it was so good!
Lotus House: Crab and Cream Cheese Wontons - Very Good
Bauernmarket: Potato Pancake With Ham, Onions, and Sour Cream - Good, But I would try something else next time. Hugo Cocktail - Delicious, I would definitely get this again.
Marrakesh: My husband tried this one and said the meat was a bit greasy and was missing something, but the couscous was very good.

I didn't find the pins I wanted, a cast member said a lot of them sell out first thing in the morning, so I got the Mickey one.

There was zero line for the AP magnet when I went at about 10:00.

I didn't find the pins I wanted, a cast member said a lot of them sell out first thing in the morning, so I got the Mickey one.
The Tinkerbell Topiary pin sold out within the first few days of the Festival, but the other pins were still available when I left on Friday (they were at the Odyssey Festival Center and Pin Central).

The Tinkerbell Topiary pin sold out within the first few days of the Festival, but the other pins were still available when I left on Friday (they were at the Odyssey Festival Center and Pin Central).

The person who told me this was at Mousegear. Later I went to Pin Central and saw several other pins, but not the Figment AP one that I wanted. I'm not sure if they were available somewhere else, but I didn't want to spend too much time searching.

Had a few days this week to go sample many of the booths - crowds and lines weren't too bad, but some inconsistency. Some overall thoughts:

Highlights
Fleur de Lys: the duck confit with tomato, olive and polenta was (unexpectedly) my favorite of the event - comfort food that didn't seem heavy and everything worked together

Honey Bee-stro: everything - the roasted cauliflower and the tandoori chicken flatbread were both very good, and the honey-mascarpone cheesecake was the best dessert I had (not quite as good as the boursin maple cheesecake from F&W, but more elements and all done well)

The Citrus Blossom: the tuna tataki was a close second to the duck in France - lots of complex flavors with this one, beautiful presentation and the spicy yuzu glaze was actually spicy - also, a "fun food" in trying to figure out how you're supposed to eat it

Middle of the Road
Flavor-full Kitchen: the roasted beet salad was a nice presentation (and the bed of lemon oil dressing and fried quinoa was tasty), but some inconsistency there on multiple orders over different days. Staff didn't seem to have it all together.

Northern Bloom: both the scallops and grilled maple pound cake were okay, but both were heavy and had dominating flavors - the scallops were overpowered by the bacon and vinaigrette while the green beans were just too oily; for the dessert, the pound cake was really dry and the peach compote wasn't much more than peach slices, but the sweet corn gelato was excellent

Hanami: the frushi was a light dessert option, but overpriced for three small pieces (one of mine was falling apart at that); the soba noodle salad needed more wasabi dressing, less raw vegetables and much better tuna (the tuna tataki at Citrus Blossom was worlds ahead in quality and flavor)

Bauernmarkt: the pretzel bread with ham and gruyere was very good but overpriced - a small pretzel roll with a sliver of ham and a few shreds of cheese on top wasn't a great value at $5.25 (and the most expensive item there at that)

La Isla Fresca: the tropical mousse cake was light and had great tropical flavor (probably perfect for a hot day) - but there are better desserts to be found

Lowlights
Lotus House: I always want to like the China options, and I'm almost always disappointed. This time it was the spicy szechuan beef - a simple dish gone wrong in that it wasn't spicy, the beef was mostly fat and the rice was undercooked to the point of being nearly raw and crunchy

Primavera Kitchen: Italy continues the trend of selling basic dishes of mediocre quality at premium prices (the cheapest item is $7 and most are $8-9). I got the fried green tomatoes with mozzarella ($8) - hoping for an interesting twist on a caprese salad. I was sorely disappointed - two small pieces of mozarella paired with two oversized pucks of simply battered and fried green tomatoes and drowning in balsamic so that the taste was really just "fried vinegar"

Taste of Marrakesh: while the harissa chicken wasn't "bad" it also wasn't particularly good - which for $7 puts it here rather than in the middle of the road (say in the $5 range). The chicken was bland and the dried fruit couscous salad, as near as I could tell, was mostly seasoned with green pepper and chickpeas (there may have been a raisin or two in there).

Drinks: I tried several, but no stand-outs and there are so many choices I usually don't find specific recommendations all that helpful.

The person who told me this was at Mousegear. Later I went to Pin Central and saw several other pins, but not the Figment AP one that I wanted. I'm not sure if they were available somewhere else, but I didn't want to spend too much time searching.
Things have probably changed a lot by now, but the shop at International Gateway also had the AP pins.

Is three a thread or recommended site to get food recommendations from this festival?

Josh at easywdw.com did reviews of every item. Disneyfoodblog.com did as well. You can also see how people rank them on the WDW Food & Wine app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter