2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy-1-gif.340619

Phew!!

As much as I appreciated having a vegetarian booth (Terra), I actually prefer it when a handful of regular booths offer a vegetarian dish a la Terra. To be honest, I get excited every time a booth offers a non-dessert vegetarian dish! My wish list is looong...
Same here. I’m pleasantly surprised with the amount of vegetarian dishes this year.

This app is so helpful. Also everything looks so good. I'm super excited about the impossible burger slider

I’m starting to rethink my plan for our trip. We are arriving on a Friday around 11:00 am. I figured we’d get to our hotel around noon and the original plan is to head to Disney Springs and have lunch at Wine Bar George. We have a dinner reservation at Jiko. Saturday and Sunday we plan on hitting F&W right at 11:00 am for our “lunch” and both nights we have a signature dinner booked. I’m questioning if the two days will be enough for F&W or if we should skip WBG on our arrival day and head over to F&W. Any thoughts?

I’m starting to rethink my plan for our trip. We are arriving on a Friday around 11:00 am. I figured we’d get to our hotel around noon and the original plan is to head to Disney Springs and have lunch at Wine Bar George. We have a dinner reservation at Jiko. Saturday and Sunday we plan on hitting F&W right at 11:00 am for our “lunch” and both nights we have a signature dinner booked. I’m questioning if the two days will be enough for F&W or if we should skip WBG on our arrival day and head over to F&W. Any thoughts?

I would skip DS and do Epcot. We are staying for 9 nights and aren't going to DS at all. We never do actually. We have great restaurants in our area so the restaurants in DS aren't a draw for us and I hate shopping. I would rather do something more unique and that would be F&W at Epcot.

I'm actually thinking of adding more time to Epcot but DD said she doesn't just want to walk around WS and not ride rides "all the time." So I have to figure this out.

Also how bad is F&W on a Sunday night during a race weekend?

We will be in DHS on 11/4 then hopping to Epcot around noon. It's our split stay day so we are moving from POFQ to BWV and I'm not expecting our room to be ready until 4 so no midday rest or pool time (I don't like changing in locker rooms or bathrooms). So our plan is to stay pretty much the entire afternoon and evening at Epcot. We do have a 1 pm VN ADR (our only Epcot ADR the entire 9 night trip), plan to ride some rides after lunch and then do the booths in the evening.

I have 79 things I want to try and I don't drink beer or wine! This is crazy. DD is going to have to share with me. lol

I’m with you. I had thought about heading to DS for a lunch at Homecomin on my departure day. Now thinking I should just stay at Epcot and snack for an hour.

My bf has no interest in Homecomin, though, so who knows when I’ll make it there. But I am from the South, so it’s not the most unique thing.

We will be in DHS on 11/4 then hopping to Epcot around noon. It's our split stay day so we are moving from POFQ to BWV and I'm not expecting our room to be ready until 4 so no midday rest or pool time (I don't like changing in locker rooms or bathrooms). So our plan is to stay pretty much the entire afternoon and evening at Epcot. We do have a 1 pm VN ADR (our only Epcot ADR the entire 9 night trip), plan to ride some rides after lunch and then do the booths in the evening.

I have 79 things I want to try and I don't drink beer or wine! This is crazy. DD is going to have to share with me. lol

I think Sun night is the exclusive party for half runners -entry beginning at 8. I could see it going 2 different ways — ppl stay out of the parks and rest up for a late night (that’s what I would do). But if going to a park would probably be Epcot. Early afternoon probably fine but party attendees may start arriving as it gets later.

I think Sun night is the exclusive party for half runners -entry beginning at 8. I could see it going 2 different ways — ppl stay out of the parks and rest up for a late night (that’s what I would do). But if going to a park would probably be Epcot. Early afternoon probably fine but party attendees may start arriving as it gets later.

It's weird because KTP has Epcot as a "best" day on 11/4 which completely surprised me since it's race weekend. We're going to go with our original plan and hope for the best. If the crowds are too crazy we will abort mission and eat at one of the Swan and Dolphin restaurants.

We’ve only gone during the day so I can’t say. But I would think it would be crowded. I won’t even book a sit down restaurant at Epcot for dinner during F&W because of the possibility of the crowds.

I’m with you. I had thought about heading to DS for a lunch at Homecomin on my departure day. Now thinking I should just stay at Epcot and snack for an hour.

My bf has no interest in Homecomin, though, so who knows when I’ll make it there. But I am from the South, so it’s not the most unique thing.

I had homecomin booked and switched it to Wine Bar George. So many places I want to try and not enough time!

I suggest getting to Epcot close to 9am and visiting the Festival Center on one of those days. I believe The Mimosa Bar and Ghirardeli area will both be open at 9am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter