2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where the Shimmering Sips mimosa bar with baked goods is located but they’re NUTS if they don’t open that booth at park opening.

I suspect that it will be in the Festival Center (The Body/Life Pavilion?), and will open at 9am.

According to the map in the app (which was just updated) it shows the Mimosa Bar in/at the Festival Center/Wonders of Life pavilion

According to the map in the app (which was just updated) it shows the Mimosa Bar in/at the Festival Center/Wonders of Life pavilion

Have the repairs on the Wonders of Life been completed? Earlier this summer, I saw video of work being done on it.

Have the repairs on the Wonders of Life been completed? Earlier this summer, I saw video of work being done on it.

I just asked on the news and rumor board and indications are that the roof work is still in progress but almost done. As for the inside, it was never clear what was being done (thoughts were it was more than just minor updates as some pretty senior Executives were seen scoping it out) - so not really clear where that work is at ... but I assume it will be all done in time!

Here is an arial view of it - you can see some construction equipment still near the Wonders of Life building. BTW - the new structure going up near it is the new show building for the Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster

ef52684f-df06-41f8-ae3d-f26218989bbb-jpeg.340602

I just asked on the news and rumor board and indications are that the roof work is still in progress but almost done. As for the inside, it was never clear what was being done (thoughts were it was more than just minor updates as some pretty senior Executives were seen scoping it out) - so not really clear where that work is at ... but I assume it will be all done in time!

Here is an arial view of it - you can see some construction equipment still near the Wonders of Life building. BTW - the new structure going up near it is the new show building for the Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster

ef52684f-df06-41f8-ae3d-f26218989bbb-jpeg.340602

Thank you!

So I think we're going to put the kids in the new Pixar Play Place at the Contemporary and have a date night at F&W. Am I way off base in thinking that the evening of Columbus Day won't be too crazy crowded? Locals may not be out because of work on Tuesday?

The app does the same. You can choose the items you want to try by clicking the “wished” button. Then on the event summary it gives you a total amount of all your wished for items. You can filter alcoholic drinks and everything. It’s pretty neat! Here is my event summary from last year

Good to know! Thanks! That'll save me lots of time this year!

My sister was interested in the Morocco booth, but I’ve convinced her just to share a meal at the quick service. All the reviews I’ve read from Morocco are either not great or the portion was too small.

Tangerine Cafe, the QS in Morocco, is my favorite QS in Epcot, probably in all of Disney! It is so good! That being said, I had the Kefta pocket last year at the booth and thought it was delish. I think my friend and I split it probably as we normally split all the booth offerings so that we can try more things!

Also how bad is F&W on a Sunday night during a race weekend?

I normally haven't headed in to Epcot until 8 when I could get in with my party ticket, however it is always super crowded then. This year I am planning on lunch in Epcot either at booths or Rose & Crown...still debating our plans.

My bf has no interest in Homecomin, though, so who knows when I’ll make it there. But I am from the South, so it’s not the most unique thing.

We ate at Homecoming once and it was good. Huge portions. I lived in the south for 10 years so it was good, but I didn't think it was that amazing. That may be blasphemy? Worth doing, and I might consider eating there again depending on who I was traveling with, but not a must repeat for me.

So I think we're going to put the kids in the new Pixar Play Place at the Contemporary and have a date night at F&W. Am I way off base in thinking that the evening of Columbus Day won't be too crazy crowded? Locals may not be out because of work on Tuesday?

do you mean the actual Monday of Columbus Day? I would think that would be fairly quiet - certainly less so than the weekend

I am finding many parts of the country no longer celebrate Columbus Day anymore anyway so I don't think it would be a big crowd draw

do you mean the actual Monday of Columbus Day? I would think that would be fairly quiet - certainly less so than the weekend

I am finding many parts of the country no longer celebrate Columbus Day anymore anyway so I don't think it would be a big crowd draw

Yes, that Monday. I didn't think Columbus Day was any big deal anymore but it still seems to be quite a draw, for Disney at least. I hope I'm wrong though and crowds are lower than expected!

Yes, that Monday. I didn't think Columbus Day was any big deal anymore but it still seems to be quite a draw, for Disney at least. I hope I'm wrong though and crowds are lower than expected!

I think it depends on the area of the country you are in .... I live in the NY Metro are and it is like a two week event here with parades and festivals across multiple weekends .... then in other parts of the country it is as if it never existed

So I think that weekend might be a bit more crowded, but not crazy crowded

In terms of interior work on Festival Center it sounds like they will have two separate (3 counting the Chocolate Experience) “counters” with food and beverage: the mimosa bar with baked goods and then the wine shop is adding cheese, charcuterie, and a seafood cocktail. They did offer a few wines by the glass in the wine shop last year but don’t see how could do 12 wines, flights, and the food with old set-up. Based on map, looks like they’ll flip sides and the wine shop will be to the right upon entry. I’m excited to see the changes!

Is the sampler (lanyard with tabs) a confirmed no-go this year? I thought I read in an earlier post that it was not returning this year but can not remember if that was just speculation or not.

In terms of interior work on Festival Center it sounds like they will have two separate (3 counting the Chocolate Experience) “counters” with food and beverage: the mimosa bar with baked goods and then the wine shop is adding cheese, charcuterie, and a seafood cocktail. They did offer a few wines by the glass in the wine shop last year but don’t see how could do 12 wines, flights, and the food with old set-up. Based on map, looks like they’ll flip sides and the wine shop will be to the right upon entry. I’m excited to see the changes!

Part of me still wishes they would bring back the actual Wonders of Life pavilion - but if it is gone forever probably makes sense to turn it more into a proper festival center that is designed to be that

Actually I would be ok with it open year round and even when no festival is going on they have like a wine bar or, in the winter, hot chocolate bar or something

How are the culinary demonstrations? I see "chicken" as the description for one of my dates, and that doesn't tell me a ton. Are they worth the time? Are there samples?

I’m starting to rethink my plan for our trip. We are arriving on a Friday around 11:00 am. I figured we’d get to our hotel around noon and the original plan is to head to Disney Springs and have lunch at Wine Bar George. We have a dinner reservation at Jiko. Saturday and Sunday we plan on hitting F&W right at 11:00 am for our “lunch” and both nights we have a signature dinner booked. I’m questioning if the two days will be enough for F&W or if we should skip WBG on our arrival day and head over to F&W. Any thoughts?
I would skip DS and go to Epcot also. I would do that if I could on my arrival day but I have only 2 hours of time until I need to check into timeshare after I arrive so I will go to DS for lunch and then to check in as its easier but I totally considered F&W instead. if something changes, I may switch to F&W. I also have to go activate my AP and get my MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets as well so that will be easier at DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter