2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

"We're losing money on every sale, but we make it up in volume!"

I thought I read a lot of complaints about the value of the VIP package. I'm not surprised they cut it. The "tasting sampler" was only worthwhile if you managed it well.

Value is what you make of it. As a single-handed person, the package was a tripsaver for me. Without a table to put my food on, eating is impossible. Not to mention I can't get food and drink at the same time, so having those tables with food runner services was amazing. The VIP tables alone made the package "worthwhile" for me. Everything else was just a bonus.

Just saw on another site, Christopher Cross will be at Eat to the Beat Oct. 4-5

...The "tasting sampler" was only worthwhile if you managed it well.
That was my one regret. My friend and I each got the tasting sampler because the math worked well for trying all the mixed drinks. We thought we'd each want to buy our own at the stands but they had too much sugar. We would have definitely saved money by just buying one sampler or even skipping them all together. (Admittedly this was just us trying to save a few bucks, not the point of the package.) Did they do the tasting sampler last year?

Hello!
I just booked our trip to disney for Nov 7-12 we have 2 kids ages 8 and 10. How is it bringing kids to the food and wine festival? I would love to check it out but eveything I'm seeing makes this seem a bit more adult oriented.
Thank you!

Hello!
I just booked our trip to disney for Nov 7-12 we have 2 kids ages 8 and 10. How is it bringing kids to the food and wine festival? I would love to check it out but eveything I'm seeing makes this seem a bit more adult oriented.
Thank you!
First thing first.... :welcome:

You should still check it out even with the kids! Great chance to try some new foods for them! In the past there was a Remy scavenger hunt thing for kids if they might be into that. Don't try to go Fri-Sun though, that's when it gets jam packed and the drunks really come out, I've seen the words "frat party" used to describe F&W weekends more than once. When we went it in early November a couple years ago it was fairly calm during the weekdays at lunch time so that's when I'd check it out if I were bringing kids. They'll release the menus later this summer so you can get an idea of what food will be there and you can narrow down which booths would best to check out.

You should still check it out even with the kids! Great chance to try some new foods for them! In the past there was a Remy scavenger hunt thing for kids if they might be into that. Don't try to go Fri-Sun though, that's when it gets jam packed and the drunks really come out, I've seen the words "frat party" used to describe F&W weekends more than once. When we went it in early November a couple years ago it was fairly calm during the weekdays at lunch time so that's when I'd check it out if I were bringing kids. They'll release the menus later this summer so you can get an idea of what food will be there and you can narrow down which booths would best to check out.
Thank you so much!! I will definitely keep an eye out for the menus. We are so excited!!

Booked November 9 to the 16th at the Boardwalk. So excited! When does Fastpass's open, I need day (60 Days???) and hour (???) we have to get Fastpasses for Pandora.

Booked November 9 to the 16th at the Boardwalk. So excited! When does Fastpass's open, I need day (60 Days???) and hour (???) we have to get Fastpasses for Pandora.

60 days prior to your check-in date (9/10/2017), you can make your FP+ reservations starting at 7:00 am EST.

Make sure you have your MDE (My Disney Experience) account established before your booking window and have your tickets linked to your account.

WDW dates calculator (AllEarsNet) http://pscalculator.net/allearsnet/pscalcae.php

Reserved for miscellaneous information and data

I'm just not sure where to put this information. But I read that Joffrey’s Coffee Kiosks celebrated National Coffee Day last year at all WDW locations and sold 16oz. cup of coffee/tea for $1. Link:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...ar-on-september-29th-for-national-coffee-day/
This year National Coffee Day is on Friday, September 29, 2017 but Disney has not confirmed participation.

Over here it states DVC, AP & Disney Visa get 20% off everyday, except holidays. Link:
http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf

Joffrey’s Coffee Kiosks participated in the F&W festival last year. Link
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/joffreys-coffee-carts-2016-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/

If they do it again this year will the text 20% off coupon work with DVC, AP & Disney Visa for an additional 20% off? :faint:

Gotta have my java!:drinking1

Last edited:
If they do it again this year will the text 20% off coupon work with DVC, AP & Disney Visa for an additional 20% off? :faint:
Gotta have my java!:drinking1

I have no idea. My guess would be no as Disney usually will not allow you to stack discounts. Maybe someone else on the thread will know. You can give it a try and see what happens.

How bad is it on weekends? We will be taking our kids (11 and 7), and given our dates and other plans, we can only go to Epcot on the weekend. Am I going to regret it?

We attend MNSSHP every year in late October and we visit Epcot for two days. I have mixed feelings because there have been issues in the past with other guests doing too much of this :drinking1but the MAJORITY we have had no issues at all and my son has ADHD & Autism so if he can have a great time at Epcot, your kids will too.

Edit: I will add it's busier on the weekends but still very manageable.

I have no idea. My guess would be no as Disney usually will not allow you to stack discounts. Maybe someone else on the thread will know. You can give it a try and see what happens.

I think this has potential for great savings for families during the F&W festival that's why I mentioned it. Is this not something this thread would be interested in?

How bad is it on weekends? We will be taking our kids (11 and 7), and given our dates and other plans, we can only go to Epcot on the weekend. Am I going to regret it?
Haven't been myself, only researched it. I'd suggest writing a post asking that question straight out to the Disney Restaurant board, that way you'll get insights even from people who don't plan on going this year. There has to be a fellow DISer whose tried taking a family to F&W on the last weekend, or at least any weekend, here!

I think this has potential for great savings for families during the F&W festival that's why I mentioned it. Is this not something this thread would be interested in?
Yes, of course, thanks for posting the information! :thumbsup2

Haven't been myself, only researched it. I'd suggest writing a post asking that question straight out to the Disney Restaurant board, that way you'll get insights even from people who don't plan on going this year. There has to be a fellow DISer whose tried taking a family to F&W on the last weekend, or at least any weekend, here!
Thanks. I really have no choice given how tight our schedule is, so maybe I'm better off not knowing...

Thanks. I really have no choice given how tight our schedule is, so maybe I'm better off not knowing...
Saturday afternoon through park closing is typically the most crowded day/time over the weekend. Just be prepared to stand in long lines if you're sampling food items from the marketplaces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter