2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

POSSIBLE Eat to the Beat act 2017. Jeffery Osborne's site has him performing in Orlando Oct 14 - 15. Saw him last year, very good show. Google jeffrey osborne tour 2017, scroll to the right.

Bill From PA
ps Looks Definite:
Jeffrey Osborne @ Disneyworld ‑ Epcot in Orlando, FL
Sunday, October 15, 2017, 7:00 PM
This is exciting! I get to see a lot of artists that typically wouldn't consider seeing back home, but they are like the soundtrack of my life, and J. Osbourne is no exception. Can't wait to see who else is lined up from Oct. 12-20!!

Heaven help us in the heat, but we'll be going 9/10 - 9/20. I can't wait. We're also celebrating our 20th anniversary!

Oh my. Starting to rethink my 2017 Disney plans. I keep picturing us strolling, sipping wine, stopping at tables to people watch. Think late October matches this picture better than new years eve. I'll need to make a decision by April so I can book a few ADRs!

We had such a great time at food & wine last year.

Sigh

Oh my. Starting to rethink my 2017 Disney plans. I keep picturing us strolling, sipping wine, stopping at tables to people watch. Think late October matches this picture better than new years eve. I'll need to make a decision by April so I can book a few ADRs!

We had such a great time at food & wine last year.

Sigh

My ADR day is Saturday... having such a hard time NOT making ADRs. Last time we were there for F&W I swore I wouldn't make so many next time and now that it is here... ugh! :)

My ADR day is Saturday... having such a hard time NOT making ADRs. Last time we were there for F&W I swore I wouldn't make so many next time and now that it is here... ugh! :)
We struggle with this too so our solution is too book our favorites with intention of sharing a plate, then we share at F&W and it works out great, getting the best of both worlds:thumbsup2

What day does your vacation start? I'm a little confused and maybe my count is off. My first night is Sept 2, but my ADR is Monday.

What day does your vacation start? I'm a little confused and maybe my count is off. My first night is Sept 2, but my ADR is Monday.
Yes, you're correct. Here's a link to a great feature over on AllEarsNet, you plug in your arrival date and the calculator will provide the dates you can make ADR's, recreational reservations, etc.

http://pscalculator.net/allearsnet/pscalcae.php

We struggle with this too so our solution is too book our favorites with intention of sharing a plate, then we share at F&W and it works out great, getting the best of both worlds:thumbsup2

After the first few festivals I attended, I started making just a few ADR's for my trip. After sampling items from the Global Marketplaces, I'd show up for an ADR and couldn't eat very much of what I ordered.

Yes, you're correct. Here's link to a great feature over on AllEarsNet, you plug in your arrival date and the calculator will provide the dates you can make ADR's, recreational reservations, etc.

http://pscalculator.net/allearsnet/pscalcae.php
Wow, that's a relief. Thanks for this. I'm still waiting to hear back from my travel agent about actual dates and times for my ADR and I'm starting to get a little anxious because we haven't discussed details yet. :confused3

Wow, that's a relief. Thanks for this. I'm still waiting to hear back from my travel agent about actual dates and times for my ADR and I'm starting to get a little anxious because we haven't discussed details yet. :confused3
If you have your reservation confirmation #, you should be able to log on and make your own ADR's if you'd like. You can make ADR's starting at 6:00 am EST online and at 7:00 am EST by phone.

We check in on August 31st. I agree with crazy4wdw - its so easy to make ADRs online I just do it that way regardless of my TA being available.

What is the last week of the festival historically like? Are events usually still being offered - like the pairing lunches? Or are things staring to wind down?

What is the last week of the festival historically like? Are events usually still being offered - like the pairing lunches? Or are things staring to wind down?
I asked the same q not too long ago! I don't know where the thread went though... I do remember people telling me the festival is still going, full speed ahead: seminars, demonstrations, special meals, concerts! October is the peak of F&W activity (I think) because that's when Party for the Senses and for a couple days the Food & Wine Classic at Swan and Dolphin is running if you have 2 stomachs ;) You can review last year's schedule of various events here: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/ to give you an idea. I decided to go for it and we're booked the last week of F&W.
OH- avoid the last weekend. INSANE CRAZY FREAKING MAD HOUSE. That- and some special, usually AP related merchandise, can be out of stock- are the only downsides I was told.

So excited about the food and wine festival. It will be my first one ever!!!! I'm going the third week of September :)
:welcome: to the DIS!

Fair warning: Food & Wine is addicting. Completely addicting. I went to my first one a year and a half ago and have been dreaming about going back and am officially, finally, going to go to my second one this Fall! Stay tuned to this thread, it was absolutely invaluable in planning. I got so much more out of the festival by reading this thread a couple years ago. It's quiet now but it really starts hopping when the schedules and menus are released by Disney! The DIS contributors here taught me: pace yourself, review all the menus before you go, share everything and to be on the phone when they open the first second of the first day when seminars and events become available for purchase. I literally planned to do none of those things before I read those suggestions here and they all turned out to be very important keys to a great F&W experience!

I asked the same q not too long ago! I don't know where the thread went though... I do remember people telling me the festival is still going, full speed ahead: seminars, demonstrations, special meals, concerts! October is the peak of F&W activity (I think) because that's when Party for the Senses and for a couple days the Food & Wine Classic at Swan and Dolphin is running if you have 2 stomachs ;) You can review last year's schedule of various events here: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/ to give you an idea. I decided to go for it and we're booked the last week of F&W.
OH- avoid the last weekend. INSANE CRAZY FREAKING MAD HOUSE. That- and some special, usually AP related merchandise, can be out of stock- are the only downsides I was told.
Great. Thank you! Ideally I want to go. Oct 20 - November 3. Looks like if I must Oct 27 - Nov 10 would work as well. Now I need two back to back get a way weeks to become available at one of the time share resorts we like.

I need a full kitchen and laundry room if staying more than 6 nights. That is my max tolerance for a standard hotel room :)

We definitely want to know the culinary demo cooks. I'd also like to know the Eat to the Beat performers, but after being so excited to see [I think it was Styx] only to discover a last minute illness meant they didn't show up, I'm more interested in culinary demos. Off to google Jeffrey Osborne.

Hubby and I will be there September 16th through October 2nd! hope to get to see some of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter