2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

We will be there on the first day of it! This is my first time for the Food and Wine Festival. I made sure not to book any ADRs. I am not sure what to expect really but very excited!

We booked dining today, but for some reason, Sunday the 3rd, Wednesday the 6th and Thursday the 7th had no availability for Tutto Italia or Rose and Crown. When I go to the website to book dining, it only lets me select the 1st, which is the first day of our 9 day reservation. We'd had this problem with the website before where it will only book 180 days out from the day you are looking, even with a reservation.

I missed the festival last year (I did a cruise instead), did they offer the VIP package, where they provide the reserved seating areas? Wondering what the odds are it will be offered this year, as that will change my planning.

I missed the festival last year (I did a cruise instead), did they offer the VIP package, where they provide the reserved seating areas? Wondering what the odds are it will be offered this year, as that will change my planning.

I don't think they had the VIP areas last year, at least I didn't see any.

Hopefully they'll add more tables, even for standing. Eating off a full trash can in France wasn't the best memory of our F&W trip. But the filet and Kronenbourg were still tasty!

This year will be our first-ever F&W. It's been on my bucket list for some time, and then my folks decided they wanted to go this year for a milestone anniversary and turn it into a family reunion while they were at it (said reunion will now be a lot smaller thanks to political angst on Facebook and some people no longer on speaking terms - oh well, more yummy food for me!). Will be going in mid-October and info about the festival can't get here soon enough.

I don't think they had the VIP areas last year, at least I didn't see any.

Hopefully they'll add more tables, even for standing. Eating off a full trash can in France wasn't the best memory of our F&W trip. But the filet and Kronenbourg were still tasty!

Last year had a lot more tables than the prior year but no more VIP package. I don't recall eating on a single trashcan.

Bummer :( Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll shoot over an email expressing my interest in the package.

There were not any VIP or premium packages offered last year. There were lots of complaints because of their absence so maybe they might return for 2017.

There were not any VIP or premium packages offered last year. There were lots of complaints because of their absence so maybe they might return for 2017.
Interesting about the complaints. I remember when I was there in 2015 that all the VIP areas I saw only ever had a few people at them (admittedly I wasn't there on a weekend).

Interesting about the complaints. I remember when I was there in 2015 that all the VIP areas I saw only ever had a few people at them (admittedly I wasn't there on a weekend).
I think that there were some complaints here on DIS... don't know how many complaints Disney actually received! Perhaps others have info on that...

When does the "Eat to the Beat" Concerts Line up get released?

We'll be there Labor Day weekend so it will be interesting to see how the holiday crowds affect the F&W crowds. Last year was my first F&W and we only had one (very very crowded) day to enjoy it so I'm hoping for somewhat of a more relaxed atmosphere this time!

The VIP package wasn't available for use on weekends. It was apparently a big money loser for Disney so it wasn't offered in 2016.

They've had a year to figure things out -- and I know they've gotten lots of complaints that the package wasn't offered last year. Maybe they'll come up with something *new and improved* for 2017! (I'm not holding my breath though!) ;)

The VIP package wasn't available for use on weekends. It was apparently a big money loser for Disney so it wasn't offered in 2016.

They've had a year to figure things out -- and I know they've gotten lots of complaints that the package wasn't offered last year. Maybe they'll come up with something *new and improved* for 2017! (I'm not holding my breath though!) ;)
What?! But THAT is when they could have made BANK!! What's wrong with those people?!!!

What?! But THAT is when they could have made BANK!! What's wrong with those people?!!!
Probably because the Food & Wine Festival is going to be super crowded on weekends so Disney is already going to be making major money during this time frame. Also, the "private" areas would be needed for the extra people coming into the park on weekends.

"We're losing money on every sale, but we make it up in volume!"

I thought I read a lot of complaints about the value of the VIP package. I'm not surprised they cut it. The "tasting sampler" was only worthwhile if you managed it well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter