2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

The weekends are always busier than the week days because that is when a lot of locals and cast members go. Also, the weekend two weekends before it ends are usually a bit busier with people trying to get one last F&W in before its over. Still, it is a lot of fun and a great way to expose children to other cultures through cuisine and there are always a lot of fun demos and presentations!

Someone mentioned that there might be a preview day before F&Ws actual start date? We are departing August 31st (not until 7pm), but I'd be thrilled if we could enjoy the festival the 30th and spend an entire day.

Someone mentioned that there might be a preview day before F&Ws actual start date? We are departing August 31st (not until 7pm), but I'd be thrilled if we could enjoy the festival the 30th and spend an entire day.
Yes, there usually is a preview day for the festival which occurs the day before the official start date.

Yes, there usually is a preview day for the festival which occurs the day before the official start date.

However, if it goes like it did the year we were there, booths don't all open at 11:00 and stay open until park close. Some booths didn't open until afternoon. Then, if something isn't working right, they may close for a few hours to fix it. For example, when we were there, there was some machine that made smoothie drinks that got gummed up and stopped working. So they closed the booth while maintenance came in and made everything run properly. Remember, it's sort of like a dress rehearsal.

How bad is it on weekends? We will be taking our kids (11 and 7), and given our dates and other plans, we can only go to Epcot on the weekend. Am I going to regret it?

We are 3 adults and this will be our 14th F & W Fest,
We will no longer go to Epcot on Friday evening, Saturday (especially bad) or Sunday day time.
I was one who defended the festival for years. I loudly proclaimed I never saw a drunk.
That has changed for us. The T Shirted groups roaming the WS, inebriated, obnoxious and loud are not fun in my opinion.
I would worry about taking a 7 and 11 year old now.

We will no longer go to Epcot on Friday evening, Saturday (especially bad) or Sunday day time.
I was one who defended the festival for years. I loudly proclaimed I never saw a drunk.
That has changed for us. The T Shirted groups roaming the WS, inebriated, obnoxious and loud are not fun in my opinion.
Well, that's disconcerting. We'll be there over Columbus Day weekend, so except for the first and last day we are there (Thursday and Monday, which is Columbus Day), all the evenings we will be in Orlando are "Weekend" evenings. We typically do 2 days at Epcot, so we're bound to hit one weekend night or another. I guess we'll just have to keep a wary eye out and leave early if it starts getting too rowdy.

Well, that's disconcerting. We'll be there over Columbus Day weekend, so except for the first and last day we are there (Thursday and Monday, which is Columbus Day), all the evenings we will be in Orlando are "Weekend" evenings. We typically do 2 days at Epcot, so we're bound to hit one weekend night or another. I guess we'll just have to keep a wary eye out and leave early if it starts getting too rowdy.
We've certainly noticed some of this over the years, particularly Fri and Sat nights. It has never been bad enough that we've opted to leave. A good opportunity to show the kids how NOT to behave... ever... ;)

Hanson 25th Anniversary Tour

6/1 Cologne, Germany - Gloria
6/2 Amsterdam, Netherlands – Paradiso
6/3 Hamburg, Germany - Mojo
6/5 Paris, France - La Cigale
6/7 Milan, Italy – Fabrique
6/9 Antwerp, Belgium - Trix
6/10 London, England – Shepherd’s Bush Empire
9/12 Dallas, TX - House of Blues
9/13 Austin, TX – Emo’s East
9/15 New Orleans, LA - Joy Theater
9/16 Nashville, TN - Wildhorse Saloon
9/17 Birmingham, AL - Iron City
9/19 St. Petersburg, FL - Jannus Live
9/20 Atlanta, GA - Buckhead Theatre
9/22 Raleigh, NC - The Ritz
9/23 Norfolk, VA - Norva
9/24 Silver Spring, MD - The Fillmore
9/26 Cleveland, OH - House Of Blues
9/27 Pittsburgh, PA - Carnegie Music Hall of Homestead
9/28 Philadelphia, PA - The Fillmore
9/30 New York, NY - Playstation Theater
10/1 Boston, MA - House Of Blues
10/3 Montreal, QC CANADA - Corona
10/4 Toronto, ON CANADA - Danford Music Hall
10/6 Detroit, MI - St. Andrews
10/7 Chicago, IL - House of Blues
10/8 Grand Rapids, MI - 20 Monroe Live
10/10 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue
10/11 St. Louis, MO - The Pageant
10/12 Lawrence, KS - Granada Theatre
10/14 Denver, CO - Summit Music Hall
10/15 Salt Lake City, UT - Depot
10/17 Seattle, WA - The Neptune
10/18 Vancouver, BC - Vogue Theatre
10/19 Portland, OR - Aladdin Theatre
10/21 Anaheim, CA - House Of Blues
10/22 Los Angeles, CA - The Mayan
10/24 San Diego, CA - House Of Blues
10/25 Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues
10/27 Houston, TX - House Of Blues

edit: looks like they're a lock for sometime in Nov.

Last edited:
DH & I are going for our 5th anniversary and as a distraction for being first time empty nesters-but are very excited that it's F&W time!!

I'd love to surprise DH with some sort of celebrity chef event (he's an amazing cook and would love it). I'll be following this thread!!

I'll be going this year 9/16-23 & definitely hitting F&W!! Can't wait! I love EPCOT & the festival adds to the experience!

If it was just me and DH we'd be there an hour prior to rope drop just to get Limited Edition merchandise - without hesitation. And it would have to be something really special like the MK 45th "I was there" pin. Love Epcot and enjoy F&W. Best of luck.

If it was just me and DH we'd be there an hour prior to rope drop just to get Limited Edition merchandise - without hesitation. And it would have to be something really special like the MK 45th "I was there" pin. Love Epcot and enjoy F&W. Best of luck.

Pretty sure they did that for Epcot in 2012 as well

We have gone for 7 of the last 10 years and I can't say that we have ever had an issue with roaming bands of drunks. There may be the occasional stumbler or or someone being loud but we have never been concerned. It may be worse late evening since we usually do our laps earlier in the day.

Yeah, I just see more folks being super loud at F&W in the evenings. Disney Security has eyes and ears all over the park so they take care of anyone ruining the magic pretty quick.

My husband and I will be there September 9-15, staying at Pop! F&W is my absolute favorite Disney event and I'm so excited to be back for my fourth time! I've only ever gone on Fridays or Saturdays... so I'm extra excited to be able to visit on a weekday! How are Mondays at Epcot during the festival? Also planning to visit tuesday late afternoon/evening to utilize the Tuesday night EMH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter