2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by crazy4wdw, Nov 25, 2016.

1. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw Restaurant Board Moderator Moderator

As Disney has already released the dates of the 2017 Festival, I decided to start our "sticky" thread earlier than usual so disboard members would have a thread to discuss next year's event. It will probably be many months before we have any definitive information on next year's festival but it's never too early to begin planning.

Next year's festival should be exciting with an additional 14 days on the schedule - more demonstrations, special events, and Eat to the Beat concerts. A staggering 75 days of food, wine, and fun for 2017.

Here's the link to the 2016 Food & Wine Festival planning thread: http://www.disboards.com/threads/20...stival-september-14-november-14-2016.3518694/

Dates for the Swan/Dolphin Food and Wine Classic have been released: 10/27/17-10/28/17.
    Also reservations for the event are already available: http://www.swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com/index.html

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  2. crazy4wdw

Reserved for Eat to the Beat Concert information and schedule

DawnCh likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. crazy4wdw

Reserved for information on culinary demonstrations, beverage seminars, and special events.

5. crazy4wdw

Reserved for global marketplace menus

6. crazy4wdw

Reserved for miscellaneous information and data

Menus for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic 2017

Chinatown (Friday and Saturday)
    • Crispy Duck - Steamed Bun, Cucumber, Hoisin
    • Shanghai Dumpling - Pan Roasted Pork Dumpling, Spicy Sauce
    Carnival Corner (Friday and Saturday)
    • Nitro Kettle Corn
    • Corn Dogs
    • Funnel Cakes
    The Beer Garden (Friday and Saturday)
    • Jäger Schnitzel - Lightly Breaded Pork, Hunters Sauce, Späetzle
    • Riesenbretzel - Warm Pretzel, German Mustard, Obatzda Cheese
    • Bratwurst IM BRöTCHEN Mit Sauerkraut - Patak Bratwurst, Laugen Bread, Housemade Sauerkraut, Potato Salad
    • Craft Beers - Funky Buddha Brewery, Crooked Can Brewing Company, Cigar City Brewing, New Belgium Brewing, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Six Point Brewery, Uinta Brewing, Tsingtao Brewery, Founders Brewing Company, Lucky Buddha
    Friday, October 27, 2017 - Tasting Menu
    • Shula's Steak House - Oven Roasted Beef Rib Eye, Silky Mashed Potatoes, Sauce Bordelaise
    • Cib's Smoke Shop - Hand Crafted Pork Belly, Confit- Fennel, Compressed Green Apple, Spicy Pear BBQ
    • Cabana Bar & Beach Club - Double Fried Chicken, Chipotle- Buttermilk Ranch, Organic Carrot “Tartare”, Orange Blossom Honey Pudding
    • Fresh Meditteranean Market - Southwest Steak Salad, Local Lettuces, Black Beans, Roasted Corn, Smoked-Jalapeno Dressing
    • Picabu - Taqueria - Pork Carnitas, Organic Vegetables, Cheddar Cheese, Pico de Gallo, Assorted Hot Sauces
    • Il Mulino - Ricotta Gnocchi, Wild Mushrooms, Baby Spinach, Fennel Sausage
    • Todd English's bluezoo - Shrimp & Grits, Andouille Sausage, White Cheddar Grits, Smoked Tomato
    • Garden Grove - Seared Striped Bass, Fall Artichokes, Nicoise Olives, Spanish Caper Emulsion
    • Kimonos - Jalapeno Roll - Spicy Tuna, Yellowtail, Jalapeno
    • The Fountain - Kobe Beef Mini Burgers, Truffle Aioli, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Roma Tomato Chutney
    • Desserts presented by Laurent Branlard, Executive Pastry Chef, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel - Crunchy Chocolate Passion Fruit Truffle, Greek Yogurt Dome, Key Lime Vanilla Cream
    • Dessert Action Station - Hazelnut praline ice cream filled profiterole, hot chocolate sauce, vanilla whipped cream and caramelized hazelnut
    Saturday, October 28, 2017 - Tasting Menu
    • Shula's Steak House - Oven Roasted Beef Rib Eye, Silky Mashed Potatoes, Sauce Bordelaise
    • Fresh Mediterranean Market - Thai Chicken Salad, Organic Greens, Green Papaya, Tamarind - Ginger Dressing
    • Cabana Bar & Beach Club - Sweet Corn Risotto “Arancini”, Wild Chanterelle Mushrooms, Caper Emulsion
    • Picabu - Authentic Chicken Tinga Tostadas, Charred Tomato & Chipotle Salsa, Crema Fresca
    • Cib's Smoke Shop - Smoked Spanish Iberico Pork Collar, Celery Root Puree, Toasted Hazelnuts, Fall Truffle
    • Il Mulino - Corzetti Stampati, Lamb Bolognese, Roasted Eggplant, Castelvetrano Olives
    • Todd English's bluezoo - “Tuna Salad”, Seared Yellowfin Tuna, Yuzu Mayonnaise, Candied Marcona Almonds, Spanish Caper Relish
    • Garden Grove - Seared Florida Red Snapper, Israeli Cous Cous, Lightly Spiced Lobster Nage, Sous Vide Cipollini Onions
    • Kimonos - Dragon Roll - Crispy Shrimp, Tuna, Avacado, Japanese Mayonnaise
    • The Fountain - Southern Pulled Pork Sliders, Apple & Cabbage Slaw, Nashville BBQ, Toasted Sesame Brioche
    • Desserts presented by Laurent Branlard, Executive Pastry Chef, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel Chocolate Cake Pop, Mandarin Comfit, Vanilla Caramel Cream
    • Dessert Action Station - Raspberry ice cream filled profiterole, hot chocolate sauce, raspberry whipped cream and crisp pearls

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  7. KiniShakenBake

KiniShakenBake Mouseketeer

WHOA! We've got our reservations made, ready to go for November 1-8 on a return trip with the friends who introduced us to it in the first place. Whoo hoo!!! Beach Club, Epcot, and ALL of the new goodness, here we come!!!

8. georgina

georgina I dream of Mousey with the big black ears

DH and I are going for our 30th anniversary in October! Managed to get a DVC studio rental at Boardwalk Oct 14-21, really excited about that. We have never been to F&W together, and I just spent one afternoon there a few weeks ago, sampled 3 foods and was full, so I am looking forward to a full week there.

9. Ashleylvsgoofy

Ashleylvsgoofy Mouseketeer

We are there from the Sunday 24th September to Saturday 7th October for our Honeymoon!!!

10. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Can't I just live at Disney ?

Still think DH and I will go early October hoping it will be somewhat cooler than going in Sept! Now off to make hotel reservations !

11. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

Going for our 5th annual trip. Did first couple days of Oct this past year and it was HOT as Hades! Was thinking we'd go later in the month or in early Nov for 2017 but we ended up booking first week in Oct again. Got 2 standard view studios at BWV for first 4 nights and then SIL got 2 standard view studios at AKV Jambo the last 3 nights. Should be good fun! We were trying to get Club level for 2 nights at AKV but was not available right at 8am on the 11 month window day.

12. Frozen_Squishy

Frozen_Squishy Earning My Ears

10 days the second and third week of Oct, with park hoppers. Between all the usual Disney food and the F&W festival, my stomach hurts thinking about it(in the best possible way).

13. TeresaWen

TeresaWen DIS Veteran

We were there the last two weeks of September this year. Not ideal weather for food and wine. I said we would never go that early again. That being said we have friends going for labor day with their grandchildren and have asked if we would like to join them. Hum...

patster734 likes this.
  14. KiniShakenBake

We found the last week of October to be miserable last year, and specifically targeted the end of F&W for next year, hopefully for the bestest weather and a chance at MVMCP. I'd go in September for a few days if I had the opportunity, though...

Hrm.

TeresaWen likes this.
  15. brnrss34

brnrss34 Mouseketeer

Will be back next year Sept.23-30. Woohoo

16. Shelbizzles

Shelbizzles Mermaid

I'll be there almost the exact dates! The 22nd-30th

salemnews and brnrss34 like this.
  17. patster734

patster734 DIS Veteran

We went Sept. 21 - 25, and it was so hot that we would leave the parks midday (3pm-ish) for our hotel and not return. Temperatures were mid 90s with the heat index over 100.

18. KiniShakenBake

I can see that. I've been in Orlando for ten days of July. It was 118 heat index and I was on foot on I-Drive. We walked up and down it and sometimes caught the Trolley. I went to the Wizarding World and Citywalk, and my group walked from our hotel to the convention center. I can handle it, but hubby is far less tolerant to heat - probably partially because of his resistance to wearing shorts. The only photos I have of him in shorts are from WDW on our honeymoon. In the entire time I've known him, he's just refused except for when we were there, and he only begrudgingly packed them.

I'd certainly give a few days of September a try if it weren't such a long trip to get there. Hubby cannot get that much time off of work.

19. megveg

megveg Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

Ill be in WDW Sept 28 - 10/4 for Epcots 35th and my podcast's meetup! thinking of French Quarter but maybe AKL ahhhhh!

Shelbizzles likes this.
  20. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 The best thing about Memories is making them

Thanks @crazy4wdw for all you did and continue to do for this thread!

We are returning next year, 3rd week in October, for F&W and already secured the BC - yay!! With that said, as much as I love F&W, I can't see myself ever attending the festival end of August or September for that matter. We take our family trips every August and it is so brutal that I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy the festival in that crazy heat & humidity :crazy2:.

Hopefully and Shelbizzles like this.
  21. Auntie_Maim

Auntie_Maim Mouseketeer

Will be there in October for the parental units' anniversary.