2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so after not bring able to get a fp for 7 dwarves the day it opened up - i was able to switch one for it today ! yeah ! anyways that threw a wrinkle in our dinner plans - worth it i am sure. so i switched my captains grill to another night and thinking about just going to the crew cup lounge . we will have a kong day - keys to the kingdom then squeezing in 3 rides then coming back to yc for dinner. has anyone eaten at crews cup for dinner recently ? i have looked at the menu and it looks good for what we want that evening .

We ate dinner at the Crews Cup Lounge twice in March because we enjoyed our first meal there so much. The cheeseburger is delicious and the price is right. I had a sirloin steak the first night and it was excellent. I had a bowl of clam chowder the second time, which was very good as well. It is a hidden gem and I think they would like to keep it that way, at least that is what a CM told me. ;)

We ate dinner at the Crews Cup Lounge twice in March because we enjoyed our first meal there so much. The cheeseburger is delicious and the price is right. I had a sirloin steak the first night and it was excellent. I had a bowl of clam chowder the second time, which was very good as well. It is a hidden gem and I think they would like to keep it that way, at least that is what a CM told me. ;)

Thanks Wood Nymph. that is what I was hoping. that way we won't have to stress about making an adr on time . we'll keep it our little secret ; )

We got in on arrival day about 11:30. We went to HS and rode some non headliners, had lunch at Prime time cafe and then headed back to YC. By then the room was ready so we changed to bathing suits and pooled it. That night we went to Epcot for our FPs and then back toYC for movie on the beach. Fun fun day!

That is a lot in the first day.

Thank you all for answering my questions. I did not even think the room may not be ready when we get there.

Hi guys, I'm subbing since I'm planning a stay here in August 2015.
We will be there August 14th until August 28th at the Yacht Club! Hopefully I'll get some good info from this thread abd from what I've read of it, I think I will!

page 220-221

Hi guys, I'm subbing since I'm planning a stay here in August 2015.
We will be there August 14th until August 28th at the Yacht Club! Hopefully I'll get some good info from this thread abd from what I've read of it, I think I will!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 (Post 15)

This is a great place to hang out until your trip!

:cool1:

I loved that link! Taking it with a grain of salt... is there still a game room on property? If so, we totally missed it last time!

I think they are referring to the arcade when they mention a game room. The arcade is located next to Beaches and Cream.

Yes. Located next door to Beaches and Cream between Yacht and Beach Club.

As the others have posted, yes there is a game room on property, near Beaches & Cream. The welcome packets you (used to/still?) get when you book a package through Disney had a small amount of credit to be used there. Never did though.

The Resort Amenities (Post 4) on Page 1 has a few pictures. Stay tuned. I am going to add some more pictures here from my July 2013 photo safari so I can link to that post.

FYI- there is also a ping pong table (maybe two) near Stormalong Bay, by the slide exit I think. Don't think I have seen a pool table anywhere.

:goodvibes

I only recently learned that there is a tennis court on the resort property- I believe it is at the Yacht Club near the quiet pool, but I'm not positive.

Does anyone have information or pictures?

What are the hours?

How do you reserve a court, or is it first come/first serve? (pun not intended)

Can you borrow/rent balls and rackets or do you need to bring your own equipment?

Thanks!

Wow, what a fantastic thread! Our family will be staying at the Beach Club for 10 nights from Sept 9th this year. I am beyond excited as it will be our first time visiting WDW. We have been lucky enough to have visited DL three times before (once before kids, and twice with our DDs), but as we are from Australia we have waited until our youngest would be able to cope with the travel time.

I've made ADRs for BOG (yes!), Sci-Fi, T-rex (DH's request), Tusker House breakfast, Mama Melrose for Fantasmic and Wishes Dessert Party. Our flight doesn't get in to MCO until 8pm, so I've booked Beaches and Cream for 9:50pm. Not sure if it will be necessary to keep this ADR, it will be a Thursday night so maybe it won't be too busy. Any advice will be appreciated as I don't want to be charged for a booking we don't really want.

Thanks again for all of the great information,

Liz

I only recently learned that there is a tennis court on the resort property- I believe it is at the Yacht Club near the quiet pool, but I'm not positive.

Does anyone have information or pictures?

What are the hours?

How do you reserve a court, or is it first come/first serve? (pun not intended)

Can you borrow/rent balls and rackets or do you need to bring your own equipment?

Thanks!

I know that it is over by the Yacht Club quiet pool and laundry room - sort-of tucked behind the laundry but I dont know much else about it:confused3 People were playing when I did laundry last year and there isn't anyone manning it or anything - sorry I cant be of more help :)

Wow, what a fantastic thread! Our family will be staying at the Beach Club for 10 nights from Sept 9th this year. I am beyond excited as it will be our first time visiting WDW. We have been lucky enough to have visited DL three times before (once before kids, and twice with our DDs), but as we are from Australia we have waited until our youngest would be able to cope with the travel time.

I've made ADRs for BOG (yes!), Sci-Fi, T-rex (DH's request), Tusker House breakfast, Mama Melrose for Fantasmic and Wishes Dessert Party. Our flight doesn't get in to MCO until 8pm, so I've booked Beaches and Cream for 9:50pm. Not sure if it will be necessary to keep this ADR, it will be a Thursday night so maybe it won't be too busy. Any advice will be appreciated as I don't want to be charged for a booking we don't really want.

Thanks again for all of the great information,

Liz

:welcome: Liz and thanks for your kind comments!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Sounds like some really nice plans. My family loves T-Rex. Caution: Ginormous portions!

Probably risky to keep the Beaches & Cream ADR- You probably can make it to the resort in a couple of hours, especially if you are driving yourself instead of taking the ME. But if there are any delays along the way, you will be late.

How late can you call the Disney dining reservation line? You could always try from the airport after you land to see if you can get a reservation at Beaches & Cream for that night if that still sounds good to you. We have done that while in one of the theme parks- booked a reservation for that day instead of risking a walk-in.

Are you following the trip report by PrincessinOz? She is also from Australia and is documenting her very long trip which included some time out west/Disneyland as well as WDW and a stay at Beach Club Villas.

She has some fantastic pictures.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3185788

My wife and I whipped up a batch of Sunken Treasures last night. Not quite as good as being there

Can anyone tell me if the beach club has connecting rooms with a connecting door?
I was told they do and now I'm being told they don't!
Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if the beach club has connecting rooms with a connecting door?
I was told they do and now I'm being told they don't!
Thanks!

I think the answer is some, but not many. I think these rooms are assigned as a priority to groups who have only 2 adults and are outnumbered by kids.

Anyone know for sure or have anything to add to this?

ETA: One of the favorite tips I have read: if you have a room with a connecting door, roll a towel and place it on the floor where the door is to help lessen noise from neighboring guests.

I think the answer is some, but not many. I think these rooms are assigned as a priority to groups who have only 2 adults and are outnumbered by kids.

Anyone know for sure or have anything to add to this?

We had a room with a connecting door and a day bed, and there were only two of us. I don't know what percentage of rooms have connecting doors, but the BC does seem to have enough that they can give them to people who don't need them. ;)

ETA: I can add a picture of the connecting door in room 2582

connectingdoor_zps0e512f31.jpg

I believe I have updated the Be Our Guest list with all of the new info from the past few days. Please take a moment to review your listing to make sure I have your dates listed correctly- let me know if I need to make any changes.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

I believe I have updated the Be Our Guest list with all of the new info from the past few days. Please take a moment to review your listing to make sure I have your dates listed correctly- let me know if I need to make any changes. Post 15: Be Our Guest list .

Holy Cow! August is packed! Will there be any non Dis-ers there?

Thanks for all the info AND photos from the game room!!!! It's bigger than I anticipated :) Sounds like a good rainy day activity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter