2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dumb question. We usually stay at the BC, but it's sold out for our dates so we will be at the YC this trip. Do I need to go to the MP for coffee and breakfast items or is there a quick serve in the YC? I vaguely remember there being a place to get coffee/soda but you had to ask and there was no quick service for breakfast. It always popped up in my mind when I would choose BC over YC, but I may have been completely mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

QUOTE: Scott MC
Favorite things? There are so many!
I love the front entrance, it's so grand when you pull up. You really feel like you are about to stay someplace special. I love the staff there, they are so great. The lobby is beautiful, and always smells like heaven. Though I find it overly crowded, the food at the
marketplace has always been great, and you can refill your mugs there. I love having breakfast in, or just relaxing in the solarium. It is such an oasis at a busy resort. I love the relaxing soundtrack in the lobby, and as far as dining, I'm
more of a fan of the options at the Yacht Club, which luckily is about a three minute walk from the Beach Club lobby. Transportation wise, I love when you are leaving the Magic Kingdom or AK, that if
there's a long line for the Beach Club and Yacht Club , or the bus is taking forever to show up, I can just get on a Boardwalk bus and walk back to my resort. Finally, when I usually tell people I like the best about the Epcot resort, is that
you really feel like you are actually on vacation! There is such a relaxing, Seaside feeling at all of the resorts. You still feel like you are a big part of the magic of Disney, but it's not right in your face like it is at other resorts. I always say the Epcot Loop is for Disney fans who have been on multiple trips and don't need to be 100% immersed in Disneymania, but still want to feel pampered, special, and just close enough to the magic.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since this will be our 1st visit to BC and 1st time at a Deluxe, for me this (above) was like reading the introduction to a really good book that I know I'm going to LOVE!
I feel just as you wrote.... I like being onsite but since my kids are older (youngest is DD13) I don't feel the need to stay at a resort that is "in your face" with the Disney theming. I almost feel "anti-Disney" saying this but your words expressed how I feel exactly! I've looked at pix of AoA suites and truly I think I'd go a little nutty staying there for 10 days! Maybe a long weekend, but not an extended stay!
Sooo excited about BC! Fell asleep on the sofa last night with the laptop opened to BC pix and it was the first thing I thought of when I opened my eyes this morning!!
I would only express this on the DIS bc others would think I'm kooky!

There are lockers and showers in the health club. If you are walking from the BC to the YC past B&C on your right, then go past the arcade and the bathrooms and continue to the health club. They are all along that outside wall.

Unfortunately the policy for those lockers and showers inside the health club has changed. Only people that have spa reservations are allowed to use the lockers and showers in the health club.

I have a dumb question. We usually stay at the BC, but it's sold out for our dates so we will be at the YC this trip. Do I need to go to the MP for coffee and breakfast items or is there a quick serve in the YC? I vaguely remember there being a place to get coffee/soda but you had to ask and there was no quick service for breakfast. It always popped up in my mind when I would choose BC over YC, but I may have been completely mistaken.

The Ale & Compass Lounge sets up a continental breakfast area each morning, and if I'm correct, according to Dee, they actually serve REAL coffee. :thumbsup2

The Ale & Compass Lounge sets up a continental breakfast area each morning, and if I'm correct, according to Dee, they actually serve REAL coffee. :thumbsup2

Scott ... the coffee has changed in the Marketplace. It's good now. I believe Joffrey's instead of Nescafe. People are raving about it.

Scott ... the coffee has changed in the Marketplace. It's good now. I believe Joffrey's instead of Nescafe. People are raving about it.

I actually couldn't care less. If I drank coffee...you'd be peeling me off the ceiling. :lmao: I know there are a lot of big coffee fans on this board though!

I actually couldn't care less. If I drank coffee...you'd be peeling me off the ceiling. :lmao: I know there are a lot of big coffee fans on this board though!

Me too. Never drink coffee. However, I live with a coffee person and guests always complained about the coffee in the Marketplace and elsewhere on Disney property and then all of a sudden, Joffrey's appeared everywhere instead of Nescafe and the complaints stopped and raves started. Last time we stayed at the cabins, we went to lunch over at Roaring Forks and Bob had his refillable mug and got coffee. He went back for refills. He was a happy camper for a change. And he said it is drinkable on the cruises now too.

Me too. Never drink coffee. However, I live with a coffee person and guests always complained about the coffee in the Marketplace and elsewhere on Disney property and then all of a sudden, Joffrey's appeared everywhere instead of Nescafe and the complaints stopped and raves started. Last time we stayed at the cabins, we went to lunch over at Roaring Forks and Bob had his refillable mug and got coffee. He went back for refills. He was a happy camper for a change. And he said it is drinkable on the cruises now too.

Hehe...and the coffee person I live with will now be making the trek to Epcot or MK for his Starbucks each day. :sad2:

I do like decaf tea.

Unfortunately the policy for those lockers and showers inside the health club has changed. Only people that have spa reservations are allowed to use the lockers and showers in the health club.
That's disappointing. We actually never used them, but the option was nice.
Thanks for the info!
Yes! It was Joffrey's on our last visit and was a much needed improvement!
Hehe...and the coffee person I live with will now be making the trek to Epcot or MK for his Starbucks each day. :sad2: I do like decaf tea.
I haven't done this in WDW yet, but I was guilty of it in DL since we didn't have mugs - it was easier to run into the park :). Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

ETA: so if they set up a place in the morning, where can I fill my mug later in the day aside from the MP or HH?

Morning!! I have a quick question. I'm so excited about our August stay at the YC, it's in my thoughts daily lately. lol.

Question.. Are there any Standard Rooms (had to book standard with a TA to get an awesome price) located close to the YC quiet pool? If so, how would I phrase my room request fax or phone call?

Thanks in Advance for any answers received!! :)

Good morning everyone! :banana:

Can anyone tell me if the fridge in the Beach Club rooms would be big enough to hold two fruit cups and a container of cream cheese bought from the Marketplace? (does the Marketplace sell cream cheese?)

We are thinking that on the mornings we want to leave really early, we would stop and buy the fruit cups, bagels (we would just buy a package) and cream cheese the night before, then we can eat in the room in the morning while getting ready. And have coffee/water in the room.

Thanks!!

Good morning everyone! :banana:

Can anyone tell me if the fridge in the Beach Club rooms would be big enough to hold two fruit cups and a container of cream cheese bought from the Marketplace? (does the Marketplace sell cream cheese?)

We are thinking that on the mornings we want to leave really early, we would stop and buy the fruit cups, bagels (we would just buy a package) and cream cheese the night before, then we can eat in the room in the morning while getting ready. And have coffee/water in the room.

Thanks!!

Yes, they will definitely fit! The MP does have refrigerated breakfast items, but I am not sure exactly what.

Good to know! Is this coffee part of the refillable mug deal or is it a seperate purchase?

180... Time to make the reservations for dinning! :) For some reason I can only make 1 day at a time.... I might just be handing this all over to the concierge... I'm not sure I can handle day by day reservation making!

~N

Staying at the BC over 4th of July week...where is the closest location that I can get Mickey waffles? Preferably quick service. The only place I have found so far is captains grill sit down breakfast.

Hehe...and the coffee person I live with will now be making the trek to Epcot or MK for his Starbucks each day. :sad2: I do like decaf tea.

What! There's a Starbucks at Epcot and MK? YES! I love this thread. I always learn something new. Do you know where exactly they are located?

What would you do on arrival day. Go to HS right away have lunch ride some ride back to BC for the evening or check out BC, get settled maybe a swim then HS at night with dinner and Fantasmic?

We got in on arrival day about 11:30. We went to HS and rode some non headliners, had lunch at Prime time cafe and then headed back to YC. By then the room was ready so we changed to bathing suits and pooled it. That night we went to Epcot for our FPs and then back toYC for movie on the beach. Fun fun day!

On page 5 such a great thread! We confirmed our dates with FD for September we ended up at the Beach Club Villa room with a Queen and Sofa bed. I am a little worried that the room will be tiny but I did not want to switch to Car. Beach so hopefully it will be ok. The kids (11/6) will be super excited about the pool. Now off to book my Beaches and Cream! Jill

Woohoo!!!! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter