2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were originally listed as a maybe for June in the BOG list.
We are now a definite and booked for August 12-19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited. I got a great deal through ***. The only thing is, I could only book a standard view. How bad are these? I don't mind some of the views in the photo thread but the one with the big flat roof in front with puddles all over it was not so good. With the deal, I don't think there is any way for me to pay for an upgrade. Has anyone had any luck with pixie dust upgrades at checkin? I would be happy with an upgrade to garden view!!!!
Would you recommend online or regular checkin? Either way, I'll be at Disney and the Beach Club!!!!! This will also be our first time with parkhoppers.
I have always planned my days at one park and did an ADR for that park. How do you guys handle ADRs with the parkhoppers. Plan out ahead of time where to hop or just pick where you want to eat and travel to it from whatever park you are in?
Thanks for any advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had that big flat roof with the puddles for our room view one time. It wasn't the most exciting view, but it definitely was the quietest view we ever had at the BC. The parking lot is on the other side of the trees and the bus stop, not close at all. We had a full balcony with that room, too. It wasn't horrible.

We were down to either the Dolphin or BC for check in this weekend also. Chose BC, considering we would use ME and with the FP+ situation being up in the air. I think we'll be very happy with our decision and can't wait until Saturday!

Thanks for that I think we will go for the BC will be good to try somewhere different. We haven't been to WDW since March last year what is the FP+ situation? I didn't know there was a FP+ feel very out of the loop :confused3

I totally agree! I always have the park hopping feature with my tickets. As mentioned above, the convenience of walking in to EPCOT to get a yummy treat from the World Showcase, or to enjoy Illuminations solo because the rest of your family can't keep up with you is priceless.

However- I don't know if this is still the case, but my understanding is that if you want to add park hopping to your tickets it is the same price at anytime (around $50 for whatever your length of stay is), so it doesn't matter when you add this feature. So if there is a possibility you WON'T use the park hopping feature you don't have to add it. Then if you decide you do want it, you can add it at Guest Relations or maybe even at the ticket booth when and if you need to. Same price differential as if you added it when you purchased the tickets from Disney. The only thing you "lose" is the ability to hop from Day 1 of your trip.

If some in your party might hop, and others won't, then you can just add the feature on to those who will need it once you get to Disney.

If you are getting discounted tickets from a place like Undercover Tourist, it probably makes sense to get the park hoppers up front.

Something to think about, but I still recommend the hoppers!

Thanks for that I think we will go for the BC will be good to try somewhere different. We haven't been to WDW since March last year what is the FP+ situation? I didn't know there was a FP+ feel very out of the loop :confused3

Fastpass plus is their new system for booking fastpasses 60 days ahead of your trip via My Disney Experience. We loved it in December. Here is a link that may be helpful: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/fastpass-plus/

:) Lucky you and Lucky Teena! Hope you had a nice visit! :goodvibes

It was great thanks :) Already counting down to March!!!! When are you back again Dee?? One of these times I'm going to meet you!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We had that big flat roof with the puddles for our room view one time. It wasn't the most exciting view, but it definitely was the quietest view we ever had at the BC. The parking lot is on the other side of the trees and the bus stop, not close at all. We had a full balcony with that room, too. It wasn't horrible.

Those puddles count as an unofficial resort water view! :sail::boat:
Consider yourself "Upgraded"....

Signed, Buzzy, the savvy resort Fly

:yay: congrats! Can you add days? Oh the possibilities!!

Yes I can add days... I am adding 5 days to the trip and staying at Vero Beach. I've wanted to try Vero and decided this is the time to do it! I think I just need some unwind do nothing time... and the beach ALWAYS wins for that!

~N

Hi Dee. We have tweeked our dates some. We will be at the YC from August 16 -23rd. It's a friends and family gathering. The group is growing. :) Thanks for all you do!

Hey Y&BC family. Back from our whirlwind Marathon Weekend trip.

Started off kind of rough but we ended up having a great time. Stayed in room 352 in the Villas. Met many new friends on our running team and as you can see by this photo saw many 'dear' old friends.

I will post one of my mini trip reports when I get settled in but until then if anyone has any questions fire away. Not sure if I can answer but will give it a shot.

MickeyT, Wife, Two Sisters, Two Brother in Laws and one of the nicest ladies to ever grace Disney property​

Hi everyone, thanks for all of the info on this thread, it's been very helpful!

We are officially booked for our stay at Beach Club for August 25-30th! :dance3:

This will be our first trip back to Disney since our daughter's MAW trip in Dec 2010. Our other kids (and I) have been dying to come back since we left three years ago!!

Our daughter, Emily, will not be coming with us on this trip, for various reasons. For anyone who remembers us, or reads our old trip report, she is doing okay. But, even though Disney is the most accessible place we've ever taken her, it is still extremely difficult for her to handle, and limits what we can do with our other children. Please, no judging, it's been VERY difficult for us to decide to go without her. She will be staying at home with family members and her nurses.

Our party is me, my DH, our oldest son, 10, and our other two triplets (one boy, one girl), who will have just turned 7. DH and I will have just celebrated our 15th anniversary as well!

We've requested a room with a daybed and one close to the lobby/transportation because our triplet son, Carter, has hf autism and tires very easily. An extra long walk to the buses could ruin his whole day! I will say that he handled Disney very well on our last trip, so I'm hopeful things will be smooth this time too. It's the magic of Disney I guess. :wizard:

I am really looking forward to the pool at SAB, my kids are going to freak out!!! We are surprising them.

Sorry for the long intro, I'm super excited!!!!!! :banana:

Hi everyone, thanks for all of the info on this thread, it's been very helpful! We are officially booked for our stay at Beach Club for August 25-30th! :dance3: This will be our first trip back to Disney since our daughter's MAW trip in Dec 2010. Our other kids (and I) have been dying to come back since we left three years ago!! Our daughter, Emily, will not be coming with us on this trip, for various reasons. For anyone who remembers us, or reads our old trip report, she is doing okay. But, even though Disney is the most accessible place we've ever taken her, it is still extremely difficult for her to handle, and limits what we can do with our other children. Please, no judging, it's been VERY difficult for us to decide to go without her. She will be staying at home with family members and her nurses. Our party is me, my DH, our oldest son, 10, and our other two triplets (one boy, one girl), who will have just turned 7. DH and I will have just celebrated our 15th anniversary as well! We've requested a room with a daybed and one close to the lobby/transportation because our triplet son, Carter, has hf autism and tires very easily. An extra long walk to the buses could ruin his whole day! I will say that he handled Disney very well on our last trip, so I'm hopeful things will be smooth this time too. It's the magic of Disney I guess. :wizard: I am really looking forward to the pool at SAB, my kids are going to freak out!!! We are surprising them. Sorry for the long intro, I'm super excited!!!!!! :banana:

Welcome to the Y&B family!! Your decision is yours and it has been made. Now enjoy planning your trip and concentrating on your trip with your DH and other children.

Here's wishing you pixie dust all around. The Epcot Resort area is a great place to call home for a WDW vacation!!

Good point Buzzy:lmao:

Started off kind of rough but we ended up having a great time. Stayed in room 352 in the Villas. Met many new friends on our running team and as you can see by this photo saw many 'dear' old friends.

I will post one of my mini trip reports when I get settled in but until then if anyone has any questions fire away. Not sure if I can answer but will give it a shot.

MickeyT, Wife, Two Sisters, Two Brother in Laws and one of the nicest ladies to ever grace Disney property​

Congrats on running the marathon:thumbsup2 It's on my bucket list

Great picture MickeyT - thanks for sharing!

Nice to hear you are having such a good time.

Awh gee, we have a standard view booked and I was hoping for puddles so that I could use the free upgrade joke. Humph, its been done now. :rotfl2:

My husband and I will be visiting at the beginning of April :yay:and enjoy strolling around the Boardwalk and into Epcot and MGM. We usually stay at the Dolphin but could get a similar rate at the Beach Club this time. Any thoughts of which is the best place to stay?

:welcome: to this thread and to the DIS!!!

For a similar price, I would absolutely choose the Beach Club over the Dolphin:

1) Fast pass plus perks
2) Stormalong Bay is an amazing pool complex- lots of pictures and info on page 1 of this thread
3) Close proximity to EPCOT is incredible
4) Beach Club is a great resort!!!

Please let us know when you book so I can add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

Hi! This will be our first trip to the Beach Club to stay. We will be there June 7-12. We've always stayed at CSR in the past, but decided that we would rather drop a day of our trip so we can stay at the Beach Club. On our checkin day, we scheduled Akershus breakfast for our girls, since its easy walking distance from the BC. When will we be able to check in (not get into the room, just check in?) so we can get into the park to eat? Will our bands automatically work on the first day of our trip? We last visited in March 2012, so the bands are new for us.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:cool1:

As others have mentioned, you can check in as early as 7 am and should have no problem activating your bands to start enjoying the parks and resort even if your room is not available yet.

Hello everyone! We are planning our first stay at Beach Club and we are so excited! Just curious for those who have stayed at any of the Epcot area resorts - have you ever made the decision to upgrade to park hoppers because you are so close to both Epcot and DHS? We usually just use base tickets but I'm tempted since the parks are so easily accessible.

Let us know when you book your trip and I'll add you to the list.

:)

We were originally listed as a maybe for June in the BOG list.
We are now a definite and booked for August 12-19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited. I got a great deal through ***. The only thing is, I could only book a standard view. How bad are these? I don't mind some of the views in the photo thread but the one with the big flat roof in front with puddles all over it was not so good. With the deal, I don't think there is any way for me to pay for an upgrade. Has anyone had any luck with pixie dust upgrades at checkin? I would be happy with an upgrade to garden view!!!!
Would you recommend online or regular checkin? Either way, I'll be at Disney and the Beach Club!!!!! This will also be our first time with parkhoppers.
I have always planned my days at one park and did an ADR for that park. How do you guys handle ADRs with the parkhoppers. Plan out ahead of time where to hop or just pick where you want to eat and travel to it from whatever park you are in?
Thanks for any advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll make the adjustment to your listing.

:goodvibes

I have had 3 stays at the Beach Club with rooms in all 3 view categories. I always book either standard or garden view, but this past summer I received some pixie dust and was magically upgraded to a water view room. It was a FABULOUS room and I loved it, but it is not worth it to us to pay extra for a view because my family doesn't spend very much time in the room while we are at Disney.

Hi Everyone!
I would like to be added to the Be Our Guest List.
We are staying at BC from 5/26 - 6/2.
Celebrating a lot!
10th anniversary! DS/DD 6th/1st birthdays! DD's 1st trip!

This is our 1st time at BC and I'm really excited! :woohoo:

Wow, that is a lot to celebrate!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:yay:

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Hello! I have lurked for a long time but don't post very often.

Can you add us to the Be Our Guest list for Feb 2-8? Staying at YC CL SV, myself, DH, DS1 (7) and DS2 (20 months). The countdown is getting very small!

Will do!

:woohoo:

Hi,

Can you change my dates from 10/1-10/10 to 10/21-10/30? thanks!! We decided on later in the month.

And do we think any of the regular rooms will be refurbished by then? Not that it matters really. :)

I'll make the adjustment to your dates.

It is possible that some of the regular rooms will be refurbished by then if the work starts in the summer, but we don't know for sure. I don't think the start date is set in stone. I haven't heard anything official yet. Hopefully we will have more info by the end of the summer once we know how long the work is taking. Your chance of getting a refurbished room is better if you have a room on an upper floor since the work will start on the 5th floor (club level), then move on to the 4th floor and so on.

:thumbsup2

Hi Dee. We have tweeked our dates some. We will be at the YC from August 16 -23rd. It's a friends and family gathering. The group is growing. :) Thanks for all you do!

I will make the adjustment to your dates. Sounds like your trip is getting better and better!

:cool1:

Hi everyone, thanks for all of the info on this thread, it's been very helpful!

We are officially booked for our stay at Beach Club for August 25-30th! :dance3:

This will be our first trip back to Disney since our daughter's MAW trip in Dec 2010. Our other kids (and I) have been dying to come back since we left three years ago!!

Our daughter, Emily, will not be coming with us on this trip, for various reasons. For anyone who remembers us, or reads our old trip report, she is doing okay. But, even though Disney is the most accessible place we've ever taken her, it is still extremely difficult for her to handle, and limits what we can do with our other children. Please, no judging, it's been VERY difficult for us to decide to go without her. She will be staying at home with family members and her nurses.

Our party is me, my DH, our oldest son, 10, and our other two triplets (one boy, one girl), who will have just turned 7. DH and I will have just celebrated our 15th anniversary as well!

We've requested a room with a daybed and one close to the lobby/transportation because our triplet son, Carter, has hf autism and tires very easily. An extra long walk to the buses could ruin his whole day! I will say that he handled Disney very well on our last trip, so I'm hopeful things will be smooth this time too. It's the magic of Disney I guess. :wizard:

I am really looking forward to the pool at SAB, my kids are going to freak out!!! We are surprising them.

Sorry for the long intro, I'm super excited!!!!!! :banana:

:welcome: and thanks for the introduction.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

You know what it is best for your family and your daughter. Don't pay attention if others make judgments about situations they don't understand.

:grouphug:

Please let us know if you have any questions.

We are staying at the BC end of February. We are renting a car that we are picking up from Alamo at the Dolphin. We are set for ME. I assume we can check in and walk over to the Dolphin to pick up our car? It sounds so easy that I thought I would ask here if anyone knows if it will really be that easy. Certainly don't want any surprises once we get there.

page 9-11

I booked CL GV for September. Which rooms would that likely include? Last time we booked CL GV but ended up in a deluxe room on the 3rd floor. But, that was just pixie dust at check-in so I'm assuming we will likely be on the 5th floor, correct? Am I able to see which room are CL GV and if they have balconies, etc.?

Thanks!

Yes, the Beach Club CL GV rooms are on the 5th floor. There are only 9 of these rooms and they all have full balconies. There may be just one with a daybed, but the rest don't have them, so these rooms are generally not bookable for families of 5 or more.

Can anyone who has stayed in a BC CL GV room provide their room number?

I believe I stayed in one, Room 5631, but it was before the resort had a GV designation. The room overlooked the back entrance courtyard, no daybed and had the best people watching of any room I have had anywhere!

It was great thanks :) Already counting down to March!!!! When are you back again Dee?? One of these times I'm going to meet you!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

:wave2:

Great question!

Right now, my only upcoming Disney plans include a special family trip to Disneyland (on the way to Hawaii) in July, and then hopefully my son's 8th grade class trip in June 2015, but that stay will be at All Star Movies.

I will be marking a milestone birthday this fall and would love to celebrate it with a solo or girls only trip to the World, but I'm not sure whether that will be possible.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Awh gee, we have a standard view booked and I was hoping for puddles so that I could use the free upgrade joke. Humph, its been done now. :rotfl2:

You can still use it. Most of us have short attention spans around... :squirrel: !

MickeyT welcome back! Nice pic of you all! :goodvibes

Dee Remember the problem with having a RCer, we change a lot :rolleyes: Date and category change...August 22-29th back to SV CL:lmao: We are doing Anna Maria Island first then Beach Club :flower3:
Sorry, and thank you..:cloud9:

Is it possible that we would not get a daybed with 5 of us booked YC SV CL?

thanks

I have heard of instances where a cot was provided if the daybed was not...Since you have 5 people your chances are pretty darn good but yes there is a chance you would not. Funny thing, we are a party of 3 and we ALWAYS get a daybed and never have requested them...I don't know why you would think that would be held for bigger parties???

I have heard of instances where a cot was provided if the daybed was not...Since you have 5 people your chances are pretty darn good but yes there is a chance you would not. Funny thing, we are a party of 3 and we ALWAYS get a daybed and never have requested them...I don't know why you would think that would be held for bigger parties???

Thanks for the info. I wonder if the cot is comfy or takes up any more space then the daybed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter