2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will our MBs work for the pool after checkout? So excited for our trip! First stay at the BC.

:welcome:

I don't see you on the Be Our Guest list for August, so I will add you.

:woohoo:

My understanding is that you are a guest of the resort until midnight of your checkout day. So yes, you still should be able to use your MBs to enjoy the pool or locker rooms after you check out.

Guests staying club level should also be able to have access to the lounge on the day they have checked out.

This was definitely the case for us in July with our Key to the World Cards- we checked out in the morning, but continued to use the pool and lounge in the afternoon.

I have not heard that there will be changes once the Magic Bands are exclusively in use.

:)

I just booked a standard club level room for the spring. The last time we stayed there we were on the side closest to Epcot. Although this was great when we went to Epcot it was a long walk to food and pool.

I want to be near the quick service restaurant/lobby/ main pool the next time we go. Obviously we would also wan to be near the club lounge.

Is this possible? I don't have any idea about the club room layouts. What are your suggestions?

We have 48 days to go and my niece broke her ankle yesterday! Yikes poor little thing. Please keep her in your thoughts that she is all healed up March 3. You guys have been so great with my 2 trips coming up at Y and B club! Even if i still keep trying to sneak back to the Poly

Yes, we have no cabanas!

:rotfl:

Sorry! Had to do it.

Unfortunately there are no cabanas for rent at SAB.

The pool area at SAB is not accessible until it opens for the day, so guests can't go and reserve chairs at 6 am. Once open, then yes, people can go and start playing the towel game. If you are going in the morning, you should be all set.

:goodvibes

Haha! That made me laugh! Thanks for the info - glad to hear that there isn't a competition going on early in the morning! We plan to go when it opens and stay for a few hours so hopefully there won't be an issue! :)

Hi just booked yc club level for March 1st. Is there any suggestions for room requests? Traveling w two kids and a child. Thanks so much

Hi, I just booked our first stay at BC Club level for late July 2014. Now, I'm reading about renovations to the CL and it being moved to the Pres suite.:scared1: Any ideas how things are going with the relocation and finish date. I was wondering if the redo would be done by the time we arrive. TIA..BTW first time posting. LOVE all the great info that I've been reading....so very helpful:hug:

I just booked a standard club level room for the spring. The last time we stayed there we were on the side closest to Epcot. Although this was great when we went to Epcot it was a long walk to food and pool.

I want to be near the quick service restaurant/lobby/ main pool the next time we go. Obviously we would also wan to be near the club lounge.

Is this possible? I don't have any idea about the club room layouts. What are your suggestions?

When is your trip this spring? Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1?

:cool1:

The good news is that a requesting a room close to the club level lounge will also place you near the bank of elevators taking you to the BC lobby- this will give you the best access to the lobby, Marketplace and SAB.

We have 48 days to go and my niece broke her ankle yesterday! Yikes poor little thing. Please keep her in your thoughts that she is all healed up March 3. You guys have been so great with my 2 trips coming up at Y and B club! Even if i still keep trying to sneak back to the Poly��

So sorry to hear that! Hope she is feeling better and able to get around well by the time of your trip.

Here's some pixiedust:

Hi just booked yc club level for March 1st. Is there any suggestions for room requests? Traveling w two kids and a child. Thanks so much

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

How many total people, over the age of 3, are in your party. Do you need a daybed? Do you want to be close to lobby/transportation/lounge? Away from elevators?

Hi, I just booked our first stay at BC Club level for late July 2014. Now, I'm reading about renovations to the CL and it being moved to the Pres suite.:scared1: Any ideas how things are going with the relocation and finish date. I was wondering if the redo would be done by the time we arrive. TIA..BTW first time posting. LOVE all the great info that I've been reading....so very helpful:hug:

:welcome: to this thread and to the DIS

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:woohoo:

We still have not been given an official start date for the renovation of the Beach Club Concierge lounge and the rehab of all of the rooms at the Beach Club. Right now, based on what we have been hearing, we believe it may be sometime this summer or early fall, but nothing is set in stone yet.

The work definitely won't be done by the time of your stay. It may not even be started by then. We just don't know!

:(

Thanks for the nice words about the info here. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

what is the best time of day to use SAB as far as crowds? I was planning on using it for a mid day break but was thinking that might not work out since we are going in August and everyone talks about the daily afternoon storm. How late is it open in the evening? Also, do those August storms typically happen in the early or late afternoon?

Thanks for any suggestions!!!!! So excited about our first stay at the BC!!!!!

We just finalized our dates for our October trip...10/30-11/9 @ BC!

Woohoo! Time to make a ticker!

:wizard:

Hi,
I am new, so I really apologize if I missed this info elsewhere.
We will be staying at BC at the end of May. I recently read another thread that mentioned a pool closure at a resort, and it made me wonder...are there any scheduled closures for SAB?

:welcome: I don't see you on the Be Our Guest list for August, so I will add you. :woohoo: My understanding is that you are a guest of the resort until midnight of your checkout day.

Thanks! We are 8/22-8/25 :)

My worry about the MBs is we are doing a split stay and moving over to BWV. However we aren't going to go check in until we are done at SAB. I'm thinking we will skip online check in for BWV so we don't get checked in since all the MBs seem to link together when you have multiple bands from what I'm reading.

Hi,
I am new, so I really apologize if I missed this info elsewhere.
We will be staying at BC at the end of May. I recently read another thread that mentioned a pool closure at a resort, and it made me wonder...are there any scheduled closures for SAB?

Only scheduled pool closure I've heard of is the slide only is going down for a week starting sometime this week I believe.

Thank you for adding us to the list. Our official dates are 7/27-30 at the BC.

Haha! That made me laugh! Thanks for the info - glad to hear that there isn't a competition going on early in the morning! We plan to go when it opens and stay for a few hours so hopefully there won't be an issue! :)

Yes, like Dee said, SAB doesn't open until later in the morning (10 am I think last summer), however, that doesn't mean a competition isn't going on!

One of my DH's favorite BC stories to tell is the time he was waiting outside the entrance to SAB near Hurricane Hannah's. He headed down before us to grab a frozen drink and to get us a table with umbrella as we were spending the day at the pool.

He could tell there was something brewing between a couple of ladies who obviously had their eye on the same table. As the CM let guests in for the day, those two took off at full speed trying to outdo one another.

One lady goes as fast as she can walking the pathway between the sand bar and the lazy river to wrap back around to the table just on the other side of the kiddie pool area.

The other lady has her flip flops off and goes flying into the zero entry pool, attempting to "run" across the pool with her belongings help up over her head and get to the table first using her "shortcut."

He truly couldn't believe what he was seeing.:scared1:

As I recall, the walker ended up "winning" and was the lucky recipient of not only of the coveted table but the ole' stink eye as well. But I don't think she cared 'cuz she was looking like this ... :beach:

SO ... the point is, there will be several people there waiting to enter when it opens up but as long as you are one of them, you won't have a problem getting a covered area either at the tables around the kiddie area, across from the sinking sands or even up under the pergola.

If you only want chairs, there will be plenty at that time. The tables are harder to come by after about 10:30 am -10:45 am or so until someone leaves.

Hello! We don't have anything officially on the books yet, but we are hoping to stay at the BCV September 20-24. We are renting points from someone who owns at AKV, so we have to wait for the 7 month mark. Anybody know if there is any possibility of getting a studio at the 7 month mark? It's the weekend before F&W starts, so we were hoping it wouldn't be an issue. Thanks! :)

So excited Hubby and I finally decided today to book a DISNEY trip and stay at Beach Club its been our dream to stay here and we just decided its a GO! And making my dream of a December Trip come true with seeing all the Christmas goodies :) YIPPIE

Yes, like Dee said, SAB doesn't open until later in the morning (10 am I think last summer), however, that doesn't mean a competition isn't going on!

One of my DH's favorite BC stories to tell is the time he was waiting outside the entrance to SAB near Hurricane Hannah's. He headed down before us to grab a frozen drink and to get us a table with umbrella as we were spending the day at the pool.

He could tell there was something brewing between a couple of ladies who obviously had their eye on the same table. As the CM let guests in for the day, those two took off at full speed trying to outdo one another.

One lady goes as fast as she can walking the pathway between the sand bar and the lazy river to wrap back around to the table just on the other side of the kiddie pool area.

The other lady has her flip flops off and goes flying into the zero entry pool, attempting to "run" across the pool with her belongings help up over her head and get to the table first using her "shortcut."

He truly couldn't believe what he was seeing.:scared1:

As I recall, the walker ended up "winning" and was the lucky recipient of not only of the coveted table but the ole' stink eye as well. But I don't think she cared 'cuz she was looking like this ... :beach:

SO ... the point is, there will be several people there waiting to enter when it opens up but as long as you are one of them, you won't have a problem getting a covered area either at the tables around the kiddie area, across from the sinking sands or even up under the pergola.

If you only want chairs, there will be plenty at that time. The tables are harder to come by after about 10:30 am -10:45 am or so until someone leaves.

There is no path through water to the happy hunting grounds…Captain Hook

We will be at the Beach Club March 29th-31st while I attempt to attend a conference!

Mike
Mike :wizard: DW princess: DS (5 ) pirate: DMIL princess:

First visit 1976, Pre-2010 too many off sites to remember, WDW 2/2010 BC CL, Disneyland GC 12/2010, WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, WDW 7/2012 (off site), WDW 12/12 POP, 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise, 10/2013 DLR, 12/2013 POP, 3/14 BCR

You'll love the BC. In fact, your sourpuss may decide he really likes Disney after all with a nice stay at the BC. ;)
Thank you, it's in my nature to second guess EVERYTHING :blush: But BC has everything we all want. An awesome pool, walking distance, roasted marshmallows...and for Mama...club level :goodvibes

We just booked for August 16-23 at the YC - :worship: Club level :cool1:

We visited the YC- Club level in May 2012. We look forward to a return visit.

We had a blast for 3 nights. Look forward to more time there this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter