2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
:scared1: that awful moment happened today. Opened a document and gasped! What!! Ugh, why don't new PCs come with the Waltograph font as standard :confused3

Booked my first stay at the Beach Club for April. I've been to Disney many times and have always wanted to stay here! Snuck into the pool area once when we were kids (this was like 20yrs ago...;))

Has anyone gone to the Fantasia Gardens mini-golf? It looks like it might be a ten minute walk at most from the YC and I thought it might be fun to do that in the morning for our resort day.

One of my favorite non-park night memories. We walked over, wife grandson and I, and had a ball. It was a little wait before we could play but we goofed around and watched the other folks play.

Good way to see the Swan and Dolphin also.

I gave my mom a copy of the unofficial guide today and told her to read through and see what she wants to do when we're there. She immediately went to the YC club section and started to read it. She'd likely never say it out loud, but she's obviously excited to go back to WDW.

Has anyone gone to the Fantasia Gardens mini-golf? It looks like it might be a ten minute walk at most from the YC and I thought it might be fun to do that in the morning for our resort day.

We walked over there when we stayed at Boardwalk and it was a 15 minute walk from there and we are fast walkers so it is probably a 20 minute walk from YC/BC but definitely a lovely walk! And definitely a fun activity. We also had to wait about 15 minutes to start but nothing horrible.

pages 115-118

Hi all :wave2:

After canceling our August ressie at the Poly, we are officially booked at the Beach Club!! I am a little nervous as I have heard, and read, that the transportation on the buses are not always great, but Im hoping for the best!
We will be there August 25-September 3, feel free to add me to the list :)

Lastly I was not sure what kind of room request to ask for. I said next to an elevator but now I am thinking I should've been more specific. I want to be in a centralized location, near the lobby/marketplace/pool/bus stop, lol Obviously I will be closer to some places than others but I am just wondering if there was a specific area thats more in the middle of everything. It will be our first time there and I am so excited! Thanks for any help :goodvibes

:woohoo:

Here is your official :welcome:

I'll add you to the list.

A request for near lobby/transportation would put you most centrally located area of the resort.

Hi everyone, this may have been discussed to nauseum at some point but... for as long as I've stayed the BCV we've never done the pool on our last day. This years' trip we're thinking we might change things up and save Stormalong Bay for last. But then we have to think about where to shower when its time to leave. ugh.

Has anyone ever used the restroom/showers in the Stormalong Bay area? Are there any?

I remember seeing showers years ago, but maybe I'm remembering the gym before it was renovated...i really should know this...:blush:

Thanks in advance for any help!

:welcome:

When is your trip?

:cool1:

I will be interested in hearing what T. finds out about the use of the health club locker rooms by BC/YC/BCV guests. I don't like the idea of restricting the use only to guests using the health club or spa. It is not like the health club or spa are so busy during the day (when SAB is open) that people working out would have to wait for a shower.

Please add my family to the list :cool1: We check in on August 6th for 10 nights in a 2 bedroom villa. Can't wait :woohoo:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:yay:

Hi everyone :wave2:

Have dates been released for the BC club level lounge renovation?

Thanks much

As others have answered, not yet.

Do you have a trip booked for the summer?

:goodvibes

We moved our vacation! We now are staying at the YC from June 1-8 instead of August 17-24. :cool1: My ticker is about to drop by half!!! So excited!

I'll make the adjustment on the BOG list

:)

Booked 2 rooms over Labor Day weekend for my family and my parents at BC! I am so excited! We are celebrating daughters 6th birthday with a trip to BBB and CRT, then just enjoying the time around BC, the pool, strolling around Boardwalk and Epcot, etc.
My dad has never stayed at an Epcot resort so I am so excited! I am hoping to get him hooked! He always wants to stay in a condo off property. But I think he'll love the convenience and closeness of BC and all the things to do!

I was thinking about booking a lunch at Beaches and Cream or a lunch or dinner at Cape May-any suggestions or preferences on those?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on page 1. Sounds like a great family trip!

page 115-118, continued

We are going to be staying at the Boardwalk Resort on an upcoming trip. I was curious if we would be allowed to use the pool at the Beach Club?

:welcome: to this thread.

As others have answered, only guests of BC/YC/BCV are permitted to use Stormalong Bay. The only exceptions I have seen are when the main pool/slide at BW are under renovation, then there are some sharing privileges.

:)

Checked in to YC last evening.
We have a gv room overlooking Gazebo, on the 3rd floor.
Have to say after 40 plus trips to WDW, staying at many resorts, it is still as wonderful as ever!!
Room is in great shape. Neat and clean as always.
Don't understand what people have to complain about....
Looking forward to relaxing pool time with my dd, who is a freshman in college, and out for spring break.

Thanks for letting us know how your trip is going so far.

Have a fabulous time!

We just made reservations for the BC, August 13 - 21, and we can't wait!!! This is the first time for our family to stay at the BC but it has always been on my "need to stay here" list! In the last 5 years we've stayed at AKL and CBR but with staying at another deluxe this is going to ruin me! The quality of their toilet paper at the deluxe resorts alone is something to talk about :rotfl2:!

Someone already messaged me to tell me that! I can't wait!!! I have never been at WDW when there was a dismeet. I originally had a 5:30 ADR at GG, in EP, but I moved that to 4:30 with hopes I could quick dodge through WS to get to the BC in time for the 6:30 meet. How long do they usually last? I am hoping I could get back to EP to reconnect with the family.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

You can spend as much time as the meet as you want. People come and go based on their schedules. The meets probably last about an hour to an hour and a half.

I look forward to reading your review of the TP!

;)

Looks like I belong in here. We just decided yesterday to take an end of summer trip. It will just be the kids (dd17, ds10) and I as my husband won't have the vacation time, but he is fine with that.
I am so excited to be planning another trip. We have never stayed at BC but we have stayed at the Boardwalk. I love something about all of the Disney resorts but for a summer trip you just can't beat the location. At Christmas we stayed at VWL and that was perfect for a holiday trip.
Looking forward to trying out the BC pool. My son is going to LOVE it!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. August?

Booked my first stay at the Beach Club for April. I've been to Disney many times and have always wanted to stay here! Snuck into the pool area once when we were kids (this was like 20yrs ago...;))

I'll add you to the guest list.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:yay:

Hi everyone! We're just shy of 2 months away from our trip and are in the thick of making our FP+ reservations. As DH and I are figuring out our schedule, I've come up with a couple of questions. I know there aren't hard-and-fast answers to these, but thought I could get some opinions.
1) If we land at MCO at 11:30 AM (given no delays), is it plausible to think we'll be at BC around 1:00 PM?
2) If check-out doesn't start until 3:00, are we able to get into EP before we check-in? And if so, is there somewhere we can leave our carry-on luggage to head to the park? We have FP+ rezzies starting at 1:40 (but, obv, that one goes to 2:40, so we have some time)
3) Would it then be okay to not check-in until we're done in the parks for the day?
Thanks all!

Hi everyone! We're just shy of 2 months away from our trip and are in the thick of making our FP+ reservations. As DH and I are figuring out our schedule, I've come up with a couple of questions. I know there aren't hard-and-fast answers to these, but thought I could get some opinions.
1) If we land at MCO at 11:30 AM (given no delays), is it plausible to think we'll be at BC around 1:00 PM?
2) If check-out doesn't start until 3:00, are we able to get into EP before we check-in? And if so, is there somewhere we can leave our carry-on luggage to head to the park? We have FP+ rezzies starting at 1:40 (but, obv, that one goes to 2:40, so we have some time)
3) Would it then be okay to not check-in until we're done in the parks for the day?
Thanks all!

you may check in at any time after like 7AM. Your room may not be ready until after 3PM. You need to check in before you go to the park to make sure your MB is activated for tickets and dining. The resort will handle your luggage for you, yo ucan get off the bus at BC check in and head to the park. If yo duo online check in first the whole physical check in process is very speedy. Enjoy!

Thanks all!

1) Are you taking ME to the resort? If so the average time from getting off the plane (not from landing) to the resort is 75 - 90 minutes.
2)You can, and should check in as soon as you arrive. You need to activate your MB by checking in. You can leave all luggage with Bell Services while y ou head to the park.
3) No, you need to check in first

Booked 2 rooms over Labor Day weekend for my family and my parents at BC! I am so excited! We are celebrating daughters 6th birthday with a trip to BBB and CRT, then just enjoying the time around BC, the pool, strolling around Boardwalk and Epcot, etc.
My dad has never stayed at an Epcot resort so I am so excited! I am hoping to get him hooked! He always wants to stay in a condo off property. But I think he'll love the convenience and closeness of BC and all the things to do!

I was thinking about booking a lunch at Beaches and Cream or a lunch or dinner at Cape May-any suggestions or preferences on those?

I vote for Beaches and Cream!!! Last fall that was high on our "favorite lunches" list from all 5 of our family.:banana: I think Cape May might not even be open for lunch.:confused3 Have a great trip!!!:cool1:

We just made reservations for the BC, August 13 - 21, and we can't wait!!! This is the first time for our family to stay at the BC but it has always been on my "need to stay here" list! In the last 5 years we've stayed at AKL and CBR but with staying at another deluxe this is going to ruin me! The quality of their toilet paper at the deluxe resorts alone is something to talk about :rotfl2:!

Woohoo!!! You will love it! :banana: Have a great trip!:thumbsup2

Looks like I belong in here. We just decided yesterday to take an end of summer trip. It will just be the kids (dd17, ds10) and I as my husband won't have the vacation time, but he is fine with that.
I am so excited to be planning another trip. We have never stayed at BC but we have stayed at the Boardwalk. I love something about all of the Disney resorts but for a summer trip you just can't beat the location. At Christmas we stayed at VWL and that was perfect for a holiday trip.
Looking forward to trying out the BC pool. My son is going to LOVE it!

My son is same age as yours and we couldn't drag him out of the pool!:woohoo: Our main problem was getting the kids to leave the resort they loved it so much!:banana:

:scared1: that awful moment happened today. Opened a document and gasped! What!! Ugh, why don't new PCs come with the Waltograph font as standard :confused3

:scared1::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yeah!!!:banana: When will you be there? We check in on the 26th! Have a great trip!:cool1::cool1:

Also, since I know you fellow Disney lovers will understand (and no one here cares...:rotfl2:) my trip is paid off!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Now it feels real......:cool1::cool1:

Oh goodness! I skip a day...or a week...well, maybe a month, and I have over 100 pages. I really need to keep up to date here. I love this thread. So, "hi" to anyone new here. If you're a regular YC/BC-er, feel free to friend me on facebook! (DawnMaree Welch) :goodvibes

I'll try my best to get back here daily. I'm still working on my hubby for our June trip. With building a new home last year, we have been strapped for cash. I'm working on it!!!
:dance3:

Sneaking in??? I know it was because of YOU that there is tight security now. Kidding. :lmao: Stormalong Bay is the best pool on property...

One of my favorite non-park night memories. We walked over, wife grandson and I, and had a ball. It was a little wait before we could play but we goofed around and watched the other folks play.

Good way to see the Swan and Dolphin also.

We walked over there when we stayed at Boardwalk and it was a 15 minute walk from there and we are fast walkers so it is probably a 20 minute walk from YC/BC but definitely a lovely walk! And definitely a fun activity. We also had to wait about 15 minutes to start but nothing horrible.

Thanks! The kids and I played a lot of mini golf last summer at the beach. It was so much more fun playing with them than I remembered it being. Maybe because I've reached an age where I don't care if I'm any good or not.

My oldest is busy researching places to stop at on the the way to Florida. So far, she's interested in seeing the world's largest can of 7up, which is in Jacksonville, FL as I understand it.

Thanks all!

My personal opinion is that you should not expect to be at BC by 1pm. Even if you have an on time arrival, it all depends on so many factors! If you rent a car or want to grab your own luggage, it can take up to 30 minutes just to get your bags from baggage claim. If you rent a car and are unfamiliar with the process, it can add on more time. If you take ME, it depends on when the next bus for BC departs - you might just hop on one or you may wait in line for 20 minutes and then wait on the motor coach for 20 minutes. And BC may not be your first or only stop so you have to wait until your resort stop comes up. If you have a lot of travelers with you that need to eat or make multiple slow stops after you de-plane, that adds time. So, if you want to be by BC by 1pm, don't get your luggage from baggage claim, make sure you have food and snacks already with you and use the facilities quickly at the airport.

And once you get to BC, even if your room is not ready, expect to take some time checking in. I check in online and let them know I don't need the check-in song and dance and it STILL takes 15 minutes at a minimum. If your room is ready, take your own luggage as they will not follow you to your room. You have to call down from your room. At BC last year, this took over an hour for our luggage to get to our room after I called. They will store all the luggage you want them to at the resort though if your room is not ready when you arrive. So the best way to minimize this amount of time is to hand over all your items you want stored to bell services, do online check-in prior to leaving your house, and head straight to MK.

THEN you have to take the MK bus which you may have to wait for 20 minutes to get. So if Murphy's law strikes, you may not end up at MK for quite some time. On the other hand, if the timing of everything aligns for you, you could be standing outside MK within 2 hours of your plane landing.

I personally like to plan for a worse case scenario and that way neither me or my fellow travelers are disappointed. And then if we have extra time :cool1: You don't want to be staring at your watch worried you won't make your Buzz fast pass time. BUT, that's just this gal's opinion :thumbsup2

Thanks! The kids and I played a lot of mini golf last summer at the beach. It was so much more fun playing with them than I remembered it being. Maybe because I've reached an age where I don't care if I'm any good or not.

My oldest is busy researching places to stop at on the the way to Florida. So far, she's interested in seeing the world's largest can of 7up, which is in Jacksonville, FL as I understand it.

Ok, that sounds so National Lampoon's Vacation - HOW FUN!!!! Yes, the mini-golf is lots of fun and more chill than racing around a park (which is way fun - but you know what I mean!!)

My personal opinion is that you should not expect to be at BC by 1pm. Even if you have an on time arrival, it all depends on so many factors! If you rent a car or want to grab your own luggage, it can take up to 30 minutes just to get your bags from baggage claim. If you rent a car and are unfamiliar with the process, it can add on more time. If you take ME, it depends on when the next bus for BC departs - you might just hop on one or you may wait in line for 20 minutes and then wait on the motor coach for 20 minutes. And BC may not be your first or only stop so you have to wait until your resort stop comes up. If you have a lot of travelers with you that need to eat or make multiple slow stops after you de-plane, that adds time. So, if you want to be by BC by 1pm, don't get your luggage from baggage claim, make sure you have food and snacks already with you and use the facilities quickly at the airport.

And once you get to BC, even if your room is not ready, expect to take some time checking in. I check in online and let them know I don't need the check-in song and dance and it STILL takes 15 minutes at a minimum. If your room is ready, take your own luggage as they will not follow you to your room. You have to call down from your room. At BC last year, this took over an hour for our luggage to get to our room after I called. They will store all the luggage you want them to at the resort though if your room is not ready when you arrive. So the best way to minimize this amount of time is to hand over all your items you want stored to bell services, do online check-in prior to leaving your house, and head straight to MK.

THEN you have to take the MK bus which you may have to wait for 20 minutes to get. So if Murphy's law strikes, you may not end up at MK for quite some time. On the other hand, if the timing of everything aligns for you, you could be standing outside MK within 2 hours of your plane landing.

I personally like to plan for a worse case scenario and that way neither me or my fellow travelers are disappointed. And then if we have extra time :cool1: You don't want to be staring at your watch worried you won't make your Buzz fast pass time. BUT, that's just this gal's opinion :thumbsup2

Ok, that sounds so National Lampoon's Vacation - HOW FUN!!!! Yes, the mini-golf is lots of fun and more chill than racing around a park (which is way fun - but you know what I mean!!)

What if one takes only carry on luggage and grabs a taxi from the airport? Do you think that it would be plausible to be at BC within an hour?

Hi natebenma :wave2:

Yes, we have a trip planned in September and are in the process of deciding between CL @ WL, BC, YC or BWI... such a tough decision :confused3 :sad: :faint:

As others have answered, not yet.

Do you have a trip booked for the summer?

:goodvibes

What if one takes only carry on luggage and grabs a taxi from the airport? Do you think that it would be plausible to be at BC within an hour?

It would be close and a lot of things would have to go your way, including walking through the airport quickly and having no traffic problems. The airport itself is at least a half hour away.

When we take the Magical Express we usually count on it taking 1-1/2 to 2 hours from the time the plane lands until we are finished checking in at the BC. The ME waiting area at the airport can be crowded, especially if you are arriving on a Saturday. Then the bus usually stops a few places first before it gets to the BC. Whenever it stops at the Caribbean Beach it seems to take forever. :faint:

I have a question about the DTD bus, which we haven't been on in about 25 years:

Does it always take the same route to and from the BC to DTD? Is the BC the last stop before it goes to DTD? How long would it take to get there from the BC?

Hi everyone! I have 1 night booked at YC in October. I have a lagoon/pool view. I was wondering if those rooms are all pretty good views or should I make a certain request? Since it is only one night I want a nice view lol

Hi everyone! I have 1 night booked at YC in October. I have a lagoon/pool view. I was wondering if those rooms are all pretty good views or should I make a certain request? Since it is only one night I want a nice view lol

I would ask for LAGOON view..you could end up with quiet pool as that is water view as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter