2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kids meals at Hurricane Hanna's come in bucket with shovels and sometimes there are extras lying around.

I'd say there's almost always some laying around, lol. Buckets at least, shovels seemed harder to get, they probably get lost in the sand more often. I've never brought one with us to the BC knowing we always either "borrowed" the abandoned ones, or got a new one at lunch, and then "donated" to a new friend DD had met during our stay.

Booked 2 rooms over Labor Day weekend for my family and my parents at BC! I am so excited! We are celebrating daughters 6th birthday with a trip to BBB and CRT, then just enjoying the time around BC, the pool, strolling around Boardwalk and Epcot, etc.
My dad has never stayed at an Epcot resort so I am so excited! I am hoping to get him hooked! He always wants to stay in a condo off property. But I think he'll love the convenience and closeness of BC and all the things to do!

I was thinking about booking a lunch at Beaches and Cream or a lunch or dinner at Cape May-any suggestions or preferences on those?

We are going to be staying at the Boardwalk Resort on an upcoming trip. I was curious if we would be allowed to use the pool at the Beach Club?

Checked in to YC last evening.
We have a gv room overlooking Gazebo, on the 3rd floor.
Have to say after 40 plus trips to WDW, staying at many resorts, it is still as wonderful as ever!!
Room is in great shape. Neat and clean as always.
Don't understand what people have to complain about....
Looking forward to relaxing pool time with my dd, who is a freshman in college, and out for spring break.

Have to say after 40 plus trips to WDW, staying at many resorts, it is still as wonderful as ever!!
Looking forward to relaxing pool time with my dd, who is a freshman in college, and out for spring break.

some people just always find something to complain about.... ;)

we have only had to complain once at a Disney Resort that I can remember. We checked in at YC early, like around 8am and were told our room was ready. We took all of our luggage to the room and walked in. It was obvious that someone had used the room for a little bit of fun and games ;) ;) ;) (there are items left in the bathroom and the bed was mussed. The thought of lugging everything back down was not making Jeff happy so I called and management and the head of housekeeping came up and a thorough cleaning was done. Problem solved. They apologized and we were on our way to the park. Of course I'm sure some people would have demanded an upgrade or comped stay or something.....this is why rates are climbing!

Checked in to YC last evening. We have a gv room overlooking Gazebo, on the 3rd floor. Have to say after 40 plus trips to WDW, staying at many resorts, it is still as wonderful as ever!! Room is in great shape. Neat and clean as always. Don't understand what people have to complain about.... Looking forward to relaxing pool time with my dd, who is a freshman in college, and out for spring break.

Have a great trip!!!!
:-)

Have an awesome trip! I'd love to see a view from your balcony! :)

Hi everyone :wave2:

Have dates been released for the BC club level lounge renovation?

Thanks much
As far as we know, the renovation dates haven't been released yet. But it is rumored to start in the fall. :)

Booked 2 rooms over Labor Day weekend for my family and my parents at BC! I am so excited! We are celebrating daughters 6th birthday with a trip to BBB and CRT, then just enjoying the time around BC, the pool, strolling around Boardwalk and Epcot, etc.
My dad has never stayed at an Epcot resort so I am so excited! I am hoping to get him hooked! He always wants to stay in a condo off property. But I think he'll love the convenience and closeness of BC and all the things to do!

I was thinking about booking a lunch at Beaches and Cream or a lunch or dinner at Cape May-any suggestions or preferences on those?
Cape May is only open for breakfast and dinner, both of which are very good. We never miss Cape May for dinner whenever we go. We love that buffet. :goodvibes

Beaches and Cream would be fun for lunch. They take reservations now.

We are going to be staying at the Boardwalk Resort on an upcoming trip. I was curious if we would be allowed to use the pool at the Beach Club?
You have to be a guest of the BC/YC/BCV's in order to get into SAB. They have CM's who scan your MB's or room key cards to verify it, too. Pool hopping at WDW resorts isn't allowed in most cases, anyway. :( Although there are some exceptions for DVC members.

We just made reservations for the BC, August 13 - 21, and we can't wait!!! This is the first time for our family to stay at the BC but it has always been on my "need to stay here" list! In the last 5 years we've stayed at AKL and CBR but with staying at another deluxe this is going to ruin me! The quality of their toilet paper at the deluxe resorts alone is something to talk about :rotfl2:!

We just made reservations for the BC, August 13 - 21, and we can't wait!!! This is the first time for our family to stay at the BC but it has always been on my "need to stay here" list! In the last 5 years we've stayed at AKL and CBR but with staying at another deluxe this is going to ruin me! The quality of their toilet paper at the deluxe resorts alone is something to talk about :rotfl2:!

Don't forget the August 18th Dis Meet! It is sooo much fun to meet the other Dissers!

Newbie here...

I looked at FAQ section and did not see this but - do I need to bring a sand bucket and shovel for kids for SAB complex? I see a beach area and was wondering if there are sand toys laying around or I have to pack some.

TIA, Helen

We will be there in late June and coming from a prevacation in Miami. I'm planning on buying some beach toys down there and bringing them to Orlando so if anyone wants them they can have them in early July :)

Don't forget the August 18th Dis Meet! It is sooo much fun to meet the other Dissers!

Someone already messaged me to tell me that! I can't wait!!! I have never been at WDW when there was a dismeet. I originally had a 5:30 ADR at GG, in EP, but I moved that to 4:30 with hopes I could quick dodge through WS to get to the BC in time for the 6:30 meet. How long do they usually last? I am hoping I could get back to EP to reconnect with the family.

Can I ask a possibly dumb question?

If they are refurbishing the CL lounge/floor/rooms in Beach Club, where would they put the people who would normally be booked in those rooms? Is everyone bumped down a level to make room for those paying for CL?

I guess, would a CL guest be moved to a lagoon/pool view guest room (assumng CL rooms under construction), and then the lagoon/pool view guest room would have to be moved to a garden view guest room and so on?

Or are there usually enough CL rooms?

Sorry, just wondering because I'll be there late fall when there is a possibility of refurb. :)

Looks like I belong in here. We just decided yesterday to take an end of summer trip. It will just be the kids (dd17, ds10) and I as my husband won't have the vacation time, but he is fine with that.
I am so excited to be planning another trip. We have never stayed at BC but we have stayed at the Boardwalk. I love something about all of the Disney resorts but for a summer trip you just can't beat the location. At Christmas we stayed at VWL and that was perfect for a holiday trip.
Looking forward to trying out the BC pool. My son is going to LOVE it!

Can I ask a possibly dumb question?

If they are refurbishing the CL lounge/floor/rooms in Beach Club, where would they put the people who would normally be booked in those rooms? Is everyone bumped down a level to make room for those paying for CL?

I guess, would a CL guest be moved to a lagoon/pool view guest room (assumng CL rooms under construction), and then the lagoon/pool view guest room would have to be moved to a garden view guest room and so on?

Or are there usually enough CL rooms?

Sorry, just wondering because I'll be there late fall when there is a possibility of refurb. :)

When they are refurbing the lounge, they will use the Presidential Suite as the lounge. Then when they do the CL rooms on the fifth floor, they will only take out one area of the fifth floor at a time. The number of CL rooms that will be rented during the period of the fifth floor rehab will be decreased obviously. Just like you can't rent the Presidential Suite while it is being utilized for the lounge and then during the time the Presidential Suite will be out for its rehab (after the new lounge is done). Normally you would not even know the rehab was taking place. They do one section at a time so as not to inconvenience guests. The only thing you may notice is that getting a reservation for a CL room during the time they start the rehab (since the fifth floor is done first ... section by section) will be difficult since there won't be as many rooms on the inventory to rent.

I gave my mom a copy of the unofficial guide today and told her to read through and see what she wants to do when we're there. She immediately went to the YC club section and started to read it. She'd likely never say it out loud, but she's obviously excited to go back to WDW.

Has anyone gone to the Fantasia Gardens mini-golf? It looks like it might be a ten minute walk at most from the YC and I thought it might be fun to do that in the morning for our resort day.

When they are refurbing the lounge, they will use the Presidential Suite as the lounge. Then when they do the CL rooms on the fifth floor, they will only take out one area of the fifth floor at a time. The number of CL rooms that will be rented during the period of the fifth floor rehab will be decreased obviously. Just like you can't rent the Presidential Suite while it is being utilized for the lounge and then during the time the Presidential Suite will be out for its rehab (after the new lounge is done). Normally you would not even know the rehab was taking place. They do one section at a time so as not to inconvenience guests. The only thing you may notice is that getting a reservation for a CL room during the time they start the rehab (since the fifth floor is done first ... section by section) will be difficult since there won't be as many rooms on the inventory to rent.

Thank you!! :hyper:

Looks like I belong in here. We just decided yesterday to take an end of summer trip. It will just be the kids (dd17, ds10) and I as my husband won't have the vacation time, but he is fine with that.
I am so excited to be planning another trip. We have never stayed at BC but we have stayed at the Boardwalk. I love something about all of the Disney resorts but for a summer trip you just can't beat the location. At Christmas we stayed at VWL and that was perfect for a holiday trip.
Looking forward to trying out the BC pool. My son is going to LOVE it!

:wave: Hi, Pigletto. You and your family will love the BC, especially the pool. :lovestruc The WL and the BC are our two favorites. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter