2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I have 1 night booked at YC in October. I have a lagoon/pool view. I was wondering if those rooms are all pretty good views or should I make a certain request? Since it is only one night I want a nice view lol

We loved our lagoon view!!! I'm not sure what the request would be because it was a pixie dust upgrade but this was it

f609a4792ba554f3c124f1d840e9a64e_zps90fa3e21.jpg

What if one takes only carry on luggage and grabs a taxi from the airport? Do you think that it would be plausible to be at BC within an hour?

Very possible. We rent a towncar service ahead of time ( only a few $ more than a taxi) If we just have carry on's we are usually at BC in 30-35 mins.

I don't think so. From my understanding the gazebo view is a garden view room....but if I'm wrong, someone else will chime in. :goodvibes

The gazebo view gives you sideways look at the lagoon......this is still GARDEN. A lagoon/water view is full frontal lagoon but you can still see gazebo as well. you are looking straight out at gazebo and lagoon if you are at back of resort looking head on to lagoon. It is all a horseshoe so the sides of the horse shoe feature the garden view as your frontal view and lagoon as your side...

The gazebo view gives you sideways look at the lagoon......this is still GARDEN. A lagoon/water view is full frontal lagoon but you can still see gazebo as well. you are looking straight out at gazebo and lagoon if you are at back of resort looking head on to lagoon. It is all a horseshoe so the sides of the horse shoe feature the garden view as your frontal view and lagoon as your side...

Perfect, thank you so much for clarifying!!! We had that view last time and we really enjoyed people watching on the balcony as I think that overlooks the walkway too :)

Also, can the board tell me if this makes sense... we will be driving up from Miami as my DH has a tradeshow there first. His last day wraps up at 3 so we're planning on driving up and staying our first night at an offsite hotel, perhaps by DT disney and having dinner our first night there (and potentially Disney Quest if we have time). With that said... should we drop off the rental car near DT disney the following morning, and cab it to the Yacht Club to drop off our bags? Then we would probably head right to the parks and am guessing they will still move our bags to our room? This sounds kind of complicated but if anyone has any other suggestions I'm open to it! Thanks!!!

We were first going to stay by the airport and take ME but I think it would be fun to have our first night at DT Disney and take advantage of that. I'm going to try to keep the Disney portion of our trip a secret from our son ;)

I received a text message from a fellow CM while I was away visiting Jeanne and they told me that guests can no longer use the shower and locker facilities in the health club. They are only for use of people getting spa treatments. I will get further information when I get to work on Sunday. But I assume that means people can't use it for SAB.

I'm giving this a big thumbs down. This for me was a well kept secret. Too bad.

Asked for verification today at work. I was told lockers and showers can only be used if you have a spa service booked. Guests are being told to use the showers at the pool and take towels from the pool with them into the bathrooms by the pool and change if they need to change.

I received a text message from a fellow CM while I was away visiting Jeanne and they told me that guests can no longer use the shower and locker facilities in the health club. They are only for use of people getting spa treatments.

I will get further information when I get to work on Sunday. But I assume that means people can't use it for SAB.

Thank you for the info. We are going to have to find a locker room/shower for our arrival day and the health club was the first thing I thought of using. Thanks for clearing the air.

We are at the BCV today was check in. This place is AMAZING!!!! I was sad I didn't see Teena today. I was in the BC lobby a few time checking name tags! The resort is beautiful I cannot imagine anyone complaining about it. It is spotless too! We got here at 10 they took all 13 pieces of luggage (groceries which the cooled the ones needed) then we popped over to BCV and they check us in we grabbed our magic bands and headed to Epcot. Our room was ready not even 1 hour later ( they send a text) but we had fast passes so we waited to mid afternoon then went back to the resort. It was peak time of day but Stormalong bay did not seen busy at all. The kids were in heaven. It a so much fun. We ended the day back in Epcot for the Princess dinner in Norway. Make sure you have your wallet ready for that one! We are just loving our one room suit at the BCV. It is fantastic! I will check in again

On the Be Our Guest list, please change our trip days to 20-27th, DH told me to add an extra day! :cool1:

We are at the BCV today was check in. This place is AMAZING!!!! I was sad I didn't see Teena today. I was in the BC lobby a few time checking name tags! The resort is beautiful I cannot imagine anyone complaining about it. It is spotless too! We got here at 10 they took all 13 pieces of luggage (groceries which the cooled the ones needed) then we popped over to BCV and they check us in we grabbed our magic bands and headed to Epcot. Our room was ready not even 1 hour later ( they send a text) but we had fast passes so we waited to mid afternoon then went back to the resort. It was peak time of day but Stormalong bay did not seen busy at all. The kids were in heaven. It a so much fun. We ended the day back in Epcot for the Princess dinner in Norway. Make sure you have your wallet ready for that one! We are just loving our one room suit at the BCV. It is fantastic! I will check in again

I was in the lobby all day except for a few breaks in and there. I'm in the "captain" costume ... the old lady that greets you when you walk into the door. I'm heading in today too so hopefully we can catch each other!

Have a great trip and keep the reports coming!!!!! :-)

I know there is probably a better place to put this question, but I am not sure just where...did something change in the last 48 hours on the boards? Like all the sudden there is no 'search' function and the 'new posts' link that I would click on a billion times per day sometimes is completely gone. Is something wrong with my account or are these changes all around???
Thanks!!!

I know there is probably a better place to put this question, but I am not sure just where...did something change in the last 48 hours on the boards? Like all the sudden there is no 'search' function and the 'new posts' link that I would click on a billion times per day sometimes is completely gone. Is something wrong with my account or are these changes all around???
Thanks!!!

It's not just you. Near the top of every page is this notice.

We are making some minor updates to the search functionality. During this time, the search is disabled. We will re-enable the searching, as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

It's not just you. Near the top of every page is this notice.

We are making some minor updates to the search functionality. During this time, the search is disabled. We will re-enable the searching, as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks! Good to know it isn't just me.

Asked for verification today at work. I was told lockers and showers can only be used if you have a spa service booked. Guests are being told to use the showers at the pool and take towels from the pool with them into the bathrooms by the pool and change if they need to change.

This is bad news. I always use the lockers and shower on departure day. :headache:

I have a question for BC/YC experts: just how crowded is SAB?
We will be there 9/13-21. I know this question is subjective, but I keep reading reports of it being very crowded.

I have a question for BC/YC experts: just how crowded is SAB?
We will be there 9/13-21. I know this question is subjective, but I keep reading reports of it being very crowded.

We went to the BCR in September and had no problems at all. We didn't find it to be overly crowded. it's not empty - but not crowded either. We never had any problems getting chairs together and there was never a long wait for the slide. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter