2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

My husband and I along with my folks are traveling in October but we'll be staying at AKV while they'll be staying at BCV...

I was wondering if there are any special areas at BC where we can all get together and hang out (besides their studio) from time to time. I know we can't use SAB and they can't use the pools at AKL but is there even anywhere we can sit around together that might be pretty to look at or relaxing? I'm assuming we can't even get into the pool area at all just to lounge (not swim), correct?
I think there's a lounge...Martha's Vineyard I think? And I found out the other day Hurricane Hanna's isn't fenced in the pool area. So that's an option--it's a really pretty area to sit.

Wait a minute, I think you have come up with a new career plan for someone. For example, I buy an Annual Pass. I hang out at Hurricane Hannahs, which means I am outside the SAB borders and don't have to be staying at YC/BC/BCV. You walk up to me and place your drink order from Epcot. I walk over to Epcot, order your drink, pour it into a closed container, and deliver it to you.

I have to say...I like the way you think!

I am going to be staying at BCV this weekend!! Anyone have current stormalong hours and cape may breakfast pricing?
You saw the detail on the Cape May breakfast, hope you have ADRs because walk-ups are very hard to come by there. As suggested the pool hours vary so much based on conditions you are best served checking with the lifeguard on duty to verify but you can figure this time of year at least 10:00pm if not 11:00pm. Quiet pools are 24/7 unless they have changed that policy which I think they were thinking about doing at one time.

Would you mind checking on the refurb schedule for the BCV while you are there? We're still waiting to hear if it it has started.
Katesdad

Last edited:
I'm so excited!!! It was decided yesterday (with much begging lol) that we are staying at BC for our next visit. We are about 15 months out- so plenty of time to plan!! Love this thread- there is so much great information!

This will be our first time staying here. We usually do POR or the Treehouse villas. But Stormalong bay was the kicker with 4 kids- 19, 9, 4 and 3. Plus I think our friends are coming- and they have 3 kids as well!

I look forward to learning so much from you pros this year :)

Welcome to the Thread!!! You made an excellent choice....and may never leave once you arrive!!!

I have Always wondered about the Treehouse Villas? They look really neat and roomy!!

Hi all!

My husband and I along with my folks are traveling in October but we'll be staying at AKV while they'll be staying at BCV...

I was wondering if there are any special areas at BC where we can all get together and hang out (besides their studio) from time to time. I know we can't use SAB and they can't use the pools at AKL but is there even anywhere we can sit around together that might be pretty to look at or relaxing? I'm assuming we can't even get into the pool area at all just to lounge (not swim), correct?
There is a very comfortable room in the villas building called the Drawing Room. It has three separate seating areas and a billiard table. This would be a great room to hang out in. The villas building also has the library which is more open, like a lobby, than the Drawing Room, but it is another place to meet. There are pictures of these rooms on the first page of this thread. :)

I agree with you on the inconvenience of the buses! We gave up on those years ago...we always rent a car (or occasionally drive our own). But as outahere pointed out, even driving yourself (or taking a taxi or uber) is a pain when driving to MK because you have to park at TTC and take a tram to get on the boat or monorail! We haven't decided if we will drive to MK this time or take the bus. We may give both a try and time each one to see which is best. We usually stay in the monorail loop for the convenience to MK, but SAB is a huge draw when it's so hot!!

OK, here's my point of view on the subject of driving versus the bus. Every time and I mean every time we go to Magic Kingdom, I park at a resort and use the bus to Magic Kingdom. And it will be faster!!! If you drive, you will park and then probably walk a good distance to the tram. You will wait to get on the tram. Then the tram takes you to the TTC. You wait for either the monorail or the boat. Even if I wait 25 minutes for the bus, it will be faster. Once you get there, you walk right into Magic Kingdom. And even a longer and slower way from the Y&B would be to walk thru Epcot. I speed walk and let me tell you, with no crowds and a clear field, it would take me at least 20 minutes to get to the front of Epcot and that's really really moving. Then you would wait for the FIRST monorail that takes you to the TTC. Then you get off that monorail and wait for the second monorail that takes you to the Magic Kingdom. Absolutely the longest possible way to get there. However, the kids that love the monorail and are being pushed thru Epcot in a stroller probably would vote that way every single time.

I would NEVER drive and park there. However, if I was staying at a resort and in a real rush to get to Magic Kingdom (for whatever reason), I would take a cab and have them drop me off at the Contemporary Guard Gate. Then I would have a 5 minute walk into Magic Kingdom.

I have to agree with Teena - even when we drive to Disney we never take our car to parks. Disney transportation is usually faster. The one exception (and we take a cab there) can be DTD.

OK, here's my point of view on the subject of driving versus the bus. Every time and I mean every time we go to Magic Kingdom, I park at a resort and use the bus to Magic Kingdom. And it will be faster!!! If you drive, you will park and then probably walk a good distance to the tram. You will wait to get on the tram. Then the tram takes you to the TTC. You wait for either the monorail or the boat. Even if I wait 25 minutes for the bus, it will be faster. Once you get there, you walk right into Magic Kingdom. And even a longer and slower way from the Y&B would be to walk thru Epcot. I speed walk and let me tell you, with no crowds and a clear field, it would take me at least 20 minutes to get to the front of Epcot and that's really really moving. Then you would wait for the FIRST monorail that takes you to the TTC. Then you get off that monorail and wait for the second monorail that takes you to the Magic Kingdom. Absolutely the longest possible way to get there. However, the kids that love the monorail and are being pushed thru Epcot in a stroller probably would vote that way every single time.

I would NEVER drive and park there. However, if I was staying at a resort and in a real rush to get to Magic Kingdom (for whatever reason), I would take a cab and have them drop me off at the Contemporary Guard Gate. Then I would have a 5 minute walk into Magic Kingdom.
Great explanation TeenaS!! I am thinking maybe arrival day we'll walk through Epcot to the monorail to get to our ADR at 1900 Park at the GF, but that will be for the fun of it!!

any special areas at BC where we can all get together and hang out (besides their studio) from time to time.

I was thinking of the drawing room at BCV too, but Wood Nymph beat me to it. I'm not staying at the villas, but might venture over to play a game or two of pool.

Ouch. Just watching the YouTube of Disunplugged Yacht Club review. Wowser. They slated the Captains Grill. Worst thing is, I was nodding and agreeing with them. Bad management.

Hi all!

There are lots of beach chairs, a couple of swings and other seating set up on the beach at the BC, that are open to everyone. If the weather is tolerable, it's a pleasant place to relax and visit, while enjoying the scenery. It's not far from Hurricane Hannah's, for any refreshments that are wanted.

It also will not be as congested as some of the other outdoor areas, though the Quiet Pool is usually
not too crowded. either.

Wait a minute, I think you have come up with a new career plan for someone. For example, I buy an Annual Pass. I hang out at Hurricane Hannahs, which means I am outside the SAB borders and don't have to be staying at YC/BC/BCV. You walk up to me and place your drink order from Epcot. I walk over to Epcot, order your drink, pour it into a closed container, and deliver it to you.

it.

Wait, I can put my Grey Goose slush oe in a closed container and they will let me out of EPCOT with it? Interesting, we have been stopped from leaving with our regular glasses of slushies

Wait, I can put my Grey Goose slush oe in a closed container and they will let me out of EPCOT with it? Interesting, we have been stopped from leaving with our regular glasses of slushies
I always put my Grey Goose Slush in a refillable mug and they never check it. :) I like to put the slush in the mug when I buy the drink because it keeps it colder longer and I'm less likely to spill it that way. :)

I always put my Grey Goose Slush in a refillable mug and they never check it. :) I like to put the slush in the mug when I buy the drink because it keeps it colder longer and I'm less likely to spill it that way. :)

I learned that trick on this very thread! It keeps them cold longer and also protects them from the rain (stupid summer showers!). No one will ever know what's in the mug besides you and the wonderful Grey Goose Slushie CM!

We found a hopper pass is necessary when staying at the YC or BC. We would walk into Epcot at 9:00 a.m., grab coffee and breakfast at Paris and then walk back to SAB for the afternoon. If you get creative with your options, Boardwalk Bakery, Hurricane Hannahs for lunch, Crews Cup, Big River Grille, ESPN, and then all the food options at the S&D you will be fine. We also never used Garden Grocer for groceries prior to staying at the YC, but here it's nice to have some breakfast foods and drinks readily available in your room in the morning. You will love it. BTW - we jumped ship from the POly for August to back to the YC because we were afraid of the second pool at the Poly being closed and the obvious construction. Enjoy!

Thanks!! We always get park hoppers for that exact reason. We aren't dawn to dusk in one park kind of people :) Great suggestions for meals each day. I don't think I realized the France bakery would be open at 9:00 - woohoo! We used Garden Grocer last year at Bay Lake Tower and really liked them a lot! We also drive down from SC, so we could always pack a few breakfast items to bring along. We jumped ship from the Poly for the same reason. Only having access to one pool (which isn't even that big,) and all the construction still going on just felt like more stress, and the purpose of this trip is to de-stress from the rough year we've had :)

Yes, you can definitely use your MB to pay and tip. They also accept cash, credit cards, Disney gift cards or Disney visa rewards.

Perfect! That's great, thanks!!

Ouch. Just watching the YouTube of Disunplugged Yacht Club review. Wowser. They slated the Captains Grill. Worst thing is, I was nodding and agreeing with them. Bad management.

Huh, DH and I really like The Captains's Grill! We like the breakfast buffet in the morning and sometimes had lunch there and enjoyed that too!

Just realized I'm under 100 days for my Poly/YC trip! Can't believe it! I want to lose 45 lbs. before then. Guess I'd better get cracking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter