• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your responses natebenma and ocalla. Those will be my kids' ages at the time of travel. We have brought one of our moms every trip, who have been great helps hanging out with our youngest in the sand area. This year we couldn't bring help even if we wanted due to our family size. In fact, this will be our last trip before we are a Disney family of 6, so I don't know how or when we'll even make it back to BC while staying within our budget.

Dee - Happy 4th!

Very excited DH and I will be at YC September 18 - 22! No Disney trip this summer, but we will be empty nesters as DS17 will be first year college and DS21 will be last year college, so planned a trip for just the two of us.

Very excited for our return to Y&BC! Now, on to catch up on your pretrip report and this thread!

Rebecca

DD almost 13 may have to sleep on the daybed in November. She is only 4'11. How are these beds for sleeping? Do they convert at all or do you just move the pillows and sleep? This is for the YC.

Thanks

DD almost 13 may have to sleep on the daybed in November. She is only 4'11. How are these beds for sleeping? Do they convert at all or do you just move the pillows and sleep? This is for the YC.

Thanks

Just move the pillows. I slept on it before and it was very comfortable. We've also had a young child as well as a teen boy sleep on them before with no complaints.

I hope Robyn or Teena stops by to tell us about the Wishes dessert party!!

I was just seeing another thread where someone was very unhappy with the boat transportation to DHS for an EMH morning? What time do the boats actually start?

she/he stated that there was a family at the dock at 6:40 (they got there at 7:03) but the first boat didn't appear until 7:40???? That is kind of late to get to DHS before 8:00.

Was this a fluke? or is this normal?

When my family had to get to an early ADR in December at Hollywood &Vine, they had to walk to DHS because the boats were not running yet. I did not know that when I made the ADR. Not sure if that is always the case?

Thanks for your responses natebenma and ocalla. Those will be my kids' ages at the time of travel. We have brought one of our moms every trip, who have been great helps hanging out with our youngest in the sand area. This year we couldn't bring help even if we wanted due to our family size. In fact, this will be our last trip before we are a Disney family of 6, so I don't know how or when we'll even make it back to BC while staying within our budget. dde25
Those were 2 great suggestions that I didn't even consider: spend time at quiet pool and bring DD18 mos in her floatie near the slide area.
I also already thought that we would set certain times where we will all hang out in the sand area together.

This is what we do. One parent on the slide. The other waiting at the bottom, with younger child. We also spend lots of time in the sand area. The kids love building castles. The quiet pool is also a good option.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Polyaddict

My son has been perfect on the day bed it is so comfortable to the point where he asked for a new mattress for at home. I was resting in it last night while he was watching TV and is real comfy.
No worries she'll be fine :)

Just move the pillows. I slept on it before and it was very comfortable. We've also had a young child as well as a teen boy sleep on them before with no complaints.

Do they provide bedding/pillows for the daybed? Do you have to set up the sheets, or do they do that for you?

We'll have 5 in our room and we're staying CL. I was hoping they'd make up the daybed at turn down.

2 more days!! We visit POR first, but I'm sure I can get a little of the Beach Club feel if Buzzy comes by for a visit. I remember when the countdown calendar on My Disney Experience was over 100 days! I can't believe that on Saturday morning we will be there!

Everyone who's there now, thanks for all the entertainment and updates. It has certainly made the time go faster.

Will I see you on Sunday?

I was wondering the same thing. How hot is the pool pavement ? We have been going in the winter months lately....

I wear my Crocs (of course) from my chair to the place where I enter the water and leave them there with all the other shoes from people doing the same thing. I've never gotten out of the pool to find them missing.

I don't do the slide (afraid I'll break it) but I see everybody jumping out of the pool near the end of the slide in their barefeet and running back towards the ship to get up on the slide again. Guess that means it can't be too hot.

OK, Magic Kingdom last night was soooo horribly crowded. And rainy. However, the dessert party and Robyn and her family were fantastic. I absolutely loved the location, the fireworks were unbelievable and the desserts heavenly. Disney sure knows how to do fireworks!!!

So last night, after getting the good news about Bob, just was the icing on the cake. What a wonderful day.

Before heading over to the Magic Kingdom, my friend and I went to see White House Down. As far as action goes, Olympus Has Fallen (the other "blow up the white house movie" that came out a few months ago) was much better. However, White House Down was fantastic and had some real "feel good" moments. The audience clapped at a few things during the movie. It was definitely one that I will buy for my DVD collection. Olympus Has Fallen seemed like it was a scenario that could actually happen (at least to me). White House Down in my head was something that I could not see happening.

268F50D7-4B22-4C58-B400-D74B18F132B3-12996-000006CEEB9B6E7E.jpg

So this is our view this morning at SAB :)
We went to DHS and rode TSM twice. DH beat me both times :(
We had espresso and shared a cinnamon roll from Staring Rolls. Did a little shopping and now just relaxing . Ahhhh

Happy July 4 everyone!. I'm off to Physio this morning for my knee! A Disney trip is a great motivator! ::yes::

Me Neither!!!!! It's gonna get pretty crowded in that hot tub!

OMG!!! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:
Is your suit like mine? Covered with camouflage so he won't see me when I pounce and drag him off!

So am I!
HeeeEEEERRE boy, come closer, that's it, closer. Now drink this nice Sunkin Treasure and follow me to the basement.... PS. Wear that pirate costume!

Congratulations on doing well! :thumbsup2

Here is what you missed:

Bob was operated on but now he is better. Teena and Bob's vacation is back on.

537 readers of this thread have a trip upcoming to the resort sometime in their lifetime. We have some new posters who were brave enough to join the "Be our guest" list and we have 37 chickens who still have some sense and are lurking so as not to have their reputations tarnished by associating with us "Riff Raff!" :thumbsup2

Couchy is monitoring the chair hogging situation at Storm Along Bay (It's High chair hogging season don't you know!) She has successfully deployed the "find-an-unattended-chair-with-just-a-towel-on-it-and-then-relocate-it-to-a-new-spot-and-use-it" strategy. There was no loss of life nor limb and she has turned a lovely cinnamon brown color despite the clouds and rain.

Catho72 is desperately looking for cheap airfare for her upcoming vacation and she is seriously considering shipping the family and it's belongings to WDW via Fed Ex express to save a buck or two. All this angst is so her Margarita and Sangria trust fund will have some extra dollars in it. Her family will also not be roaming the pool area 'nekked' as everyone has found a suitable swim suit (which will be left at home no doubt, necessitating yet another crisis).

Dee is all set to go to the resort. Now that they have real Coffee available she will end her boycott of the resort and be seen wearing a hat around the parks that looks like this:

980-starbucks-hat.jpg

And finally, Buzzy's plan to rule the world is coming to fruition. His mind control techniques are proving successful as he has managed to insert himself in peoples dreams with the hope that one day, one of his minions will sneak over to the Boardwalk and bop the clown slide on the nose. My bet is that Ocalla breaks down first and does the dirty deed.

~NM

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

NM I am forever in your debt! TY for the News...you saved me so much time!

So glad Bob is doing well...

Chair hoarders beware....

Thanks for the warm welcome, Dee! :goodvibes

One of our DDs that will be joining us in November also lives in "near Boston" :rotfl:

But instead of Greek yogurt; a Sunken Treasure !!

Now you're talkin'! (As long as I can sub regular rum for coconut rum!....hate coconut!)

Had the most lovely chat with Mary. Apparently Mr and mrs Banks finally saved enough $$ to take all the children to WDW.
D03A552D-F82E-4CE8-BA3C-4428829E83BA-12682-00000697BDAA7452.jpg

Gorgeous! What a Jolly Holiday with Couchy! We took a similar picture in August!
090D64ED-9882-4028-9FC5-8C1FB9FE9BC6-10538-00000DA0A9A3C58C.jpg

Heading to the airport now......I'll put the camo gear on in the airplane bathroom, sneak into the quickest moving ME bus line, and grab a Boardwalk bakery item to snack on while making my way to the clown ! That BIG red nose is Mine!!!!!!

I hate clowns...but I love that clown! I really believe that BWI has the 2nd best pool!

That clown terrifies me. Very It-ish

You get over it...because it's so....much...fun!

We had espresso and shared a cinnamon roll from Staring Rolls. Did a little shopping and now just relaxing . Ahhhh

Try the GIANT cinnamon roll at Gaston's Tavern.......and a Lefou's Brew for me!

Just heard from Teena. Bob saw the doctor this morning.

"California Here We Come!!!"

:beach:

Sounds like he won't need the second surgery immediately- they will see him in 6 months to evaluate the blockage then.

And more good news... Bob has been given the ok to drive himself to Starbucks!!!

Teena will be joining Robyn and her family for the preview fireworks at the Dessert Party at MK tonight.

Thanks again, everyone, for the prayers, thoughts, kind words and friendship !!!

What fabulous news! Thanks for letting us know, Dee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter