2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you do with "room charge" keys while at the pool. My intent was to just take one of the kiddos cards that say how many of us are in the room that we have coded non charging.. however if we all have to have our keys I don't know where to put the keys once we are at the pool area????

We bought those plastic waterproof cases that hang around your neck a few years ago from the resort store. They also work. I use them in the pool & water parks.

Hey! Hands off my Johnny Depp in the hot tub! No one was supposed to find us hiding over there.

Ocalla....you pound the daylight out of that creepy clown nose! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets the heeby jeebies from that sadistic-looking face. Eek!

The Catho72 family will be driving themselves (and their bathing suits) so I'll definitely have more $$$ to spend at the bar at SAB and at the kiosk in France. Note to self....pack the dishwashing liquid to wash my refillable mug so I can smuggle slushies back to BC. Buzzy, no matter how much you beg, I will NOT give you a sip!

Thanks for the laugh NM and Dee!

:goodvibes. And he's all mine :lovestruc

No way Jose! Get in line!! (and no fast passes either!)

170739265JF00011_The_World_.JPG

2 more days!! We visit POR first, but I'm sure I can get a little of the Beach Club feel if Buzzy comes by for a visit. I remember when the countdown calendar on My Disney Experience was over 100 days! I can't believe that on Saturday morning we will be there!

Everyone who's there now, thanks for all the entertainment and updates. It has certainly made the time go faster.

So I have a question for all my BC lovers...we haves stayed at BC last 3 trips and are completely obsessed. Our next trip in August 2014 will be myself, DH. DD8, DD6, DS4, DD18mos.
My only problem is that since SAB is so large, DH will mostly be near the big slide, while I'm in the zero entry area with the little one. I feel like we can't even enjoy pool time together.
We were considering trying Poly for next trip, but now hearing about the construction not sure if I want to do that.
Do you guys think we would regret our choice by being all over the place at the pool? Or would we regret it more staying somewhere else?

:welcome:

Tough question.

Are those the ages your kids will be next summer or are now?

Although SAB offers a lot of varied experiences for different age levels/swimming abilities, I still think you could manage some family pool time.

Would the older kids be content building in the sand for some amount of time? Do you have a ring float for the youngest so you can be in the main pool area for a bit*? Have you used the small slide and pool at the back of the Jib Slide?

Perhaps pixarmom will come by and share her experience with her whole family enjoying that area.

*This might be a good way to enjoy the big slide. One parent with youngest in pool where slide exits. Other parents accompanies other two to slide. Parents switch off so they both get to enjoy the slide.

But I think only you can decide whether it is worth it to have to split up at the pool. You can certainly book at one place and hopefully monitor the construction situation and your kids' personalities and the amount of togetherness that you want in the coming year. Disney is really great about providing flexibility if you decide to change resorts based on changing cirumstances.

Good Morning Everyone and Happy 4th :)

We had another great day yesterday. I think that someone cloned my family or switched their brains or something because they are not the family I drove down here with.
Yesterday started out absolutely beautiful sun shining wonderful. The kids wanted to sleep in (Mom says WHAT!!!!) but I told my self go with the flow it is their vacation too. Hubby and I decide to go to DHS by boat get fast passes for everyone for TOT and RRRC.
Not so fast I should have known better my brain also left me for a bit all members must be in the park to get the passes and you can not have two fast passes at the same time. Bummer so we got 2 passes for the kids and we rode the TOT before heading back for the kids.
This is where my head turns my DD17 calls we r on the boat heading over DHS can you meet us in the front HELLO

We rode RRRC then got fast passes for later
Kids rode TOT with the fast passes from earlier
Great Movie Ride (DS needed to rest)
Lunch at The Commisary (everyone liked it)
Went back to napped ( around 1:30)
Went swimming then got ready for our ADR at Kona
Got to Polynesian it was crazy packed had to valet park because not one spot in lot
Kids were not hungry so we got Lapu Lapus for everyone (pricey but Delish)
Watched the fireworks from the beach they were so beautiful
Walking out everyone said thank you so much Mom this has been the best day so far :)
I was thinking we didn't see much or ride much so I was really surprised but to them it was perfect and now I have to agree I just love it here

Good Morning Everyone and Happy 4th :)

We had another great day yesterday. I think that someone cloned my family or switched their brains or something because they are not the family I drove down here with.
Yesterday started out absolutely beautiful sun shining wonderful. The kids wanted to sleep in (Mom says WHAT!!!!) but I told my self go with the flow it is their vacation too. Hubby and I decide to go to DHS by boat get fast passes for everyone for TOT and RRRC.
Not so fast I should have known better my brain also left me for a bit all members must be in the park to get the passes and you can not have two fast passes at the same time. Bummer so we got 2 passes for the kids and we rode the TOT before heading back for the kids.
This is where my head turns my DD17 calls we r on the boat heading over DHS can you meet us in the front HELLO

We rode RRRC then got fast passes for later
Kids rode TOT with the fast passes from earlier
Great Movie Ride (DS needed to rest)
Lunch at The Commisary (everyone liked it)
Went back to napped ( around 1:30)
Went swimming then got ready for our ADR at Kona
Got to Polynesian it was crazy packed had to valet park because not one spot in lot
Kids were not hungry so we got Lapu Lapus for everyone (pricey but Delish)
Watched the fireworks from the beach they were so beautiful
Walking out everyone said thank you so much Mom this has been the best day so far :)
I was thinking we didn't see much or ride much so I was really surprised but to them it was perfect and now I have to agree I just love it here

Great post!

Thanks again for continuing to include us on your trip with live reports.

Your welcome natebenma

I love sharing right now I am doing laundry because DD17 has NOTHING to wear Argghhhhhhhh
Tonight we have a Fantasmic Dinner package and we r so excited so not sure what to do this morning either head to Epcot for Soaring or Animal Kjngdom for Expedition Everest
Ill keep you all posted.
Also wanted to say Great News to Teena glad Bob is feeling better.
I have so many photos I would love to post but can not figure out how to do it from my phone Iphone4

flafan It sounds like going with the flow is working just fine this trip!!!

I remember the days of commando style park all day open to close. They were great; but we all much prefer the morning park, pool time, and just wing it after dinner ADR's!!!

Anyone else out there have the same morning revelation I just did????????
I never knew HOW much I LOVED pinstripes........;)

So I have a question for all my BC lovers...we haves stayed at BC last 3 trips and are completely obsessed. Our next trip in August 2014 will be myself, DH. DD8, DD6, DS4, DD18mos.
My only problem is that since SAB is so large, DH will mostly be near the big slide, while I'm in the zero entry area with the little one. I feel like we can't even enjoy pool time together.
We were considering trying Poly for next trip, but now hearing about the construction not sure if I want to do that.
Do you guys think we would regret our choice by being all over the place at the pool? Or would we regret it more staying somewhere else?

How about switching the pool time around during the week...a few days at SAB, and then a few days together at the quiet pool? I think for the few hours during the week you will be spending at SAB compared to the rest of the time at the resort or at the parks, you may regret the move.

Thanks! How long does it have to be? Just numbers? (I know, I'm worse than a preschooler with questions!)

Natebenma, thank you! I've forgotten how to mutltiquote in one reply, and I got too much sun today to able to think tonight. That's what happens when the sun doesn't come out for a week. We'll be there from Aug. 3 to 9, so I guess I can be added to the be our guest list and not be a lurking chicken anymore! :)

It is only four numbers so its pretty easy

Can you wear water shoes on the slide?

I am thinking the walk to it must get hot for ones tootsies

Oh my! I run out to the store to buy DD9 some duct tape, and look what I come back to! Johnny Depp by the pool, and by the way, I think 50 is a perfect age!

Not kidding about the duct tape. She wanted it to make gym mats for some dolls. I think "Plan A" was to use it for backpacks, but so far I've seen mini gym mats and no backpacks.

By the way, I saw little waterproof phone/stuff holders at the AAA office on Saturday when picking up my car, the one that has to drive us to YC, from an emergency fan module operation. I didn't get the holder there because I have the Visa coupon for a free WP locker day or a waterproof thingie to hold stuff. I'm leaning toward the thingie since it can be used more than once and the locker rental can't. Really not a WP expert, and not used to not having DH around to leave stuff with, so all the tips help!

My little one Duct Tapes EVERYTHING. Sharpies, movie cases, notebooks, her doorknob.,.,Lol, provides hours of entertainment. Especially at swim meets. Lol

2 more days!! We visit POR first, but I'm sure I can get a little of the Beach Club feel if Buzzy comes by for a visit. I remember when the countdown calendar on My Disney Experience was over 100 days! I can't believe that on Saturday morning we will be there!

Everyone who's there now, thanks for all the entertainment and updates. It has certainly made the time go faster.

Have a great trip!

Marketplace Question:

I know that the coffee/drink station is open (or should I say not roped off) earlier than the actual marketplace is BUT is the area that has the toasters roped off before it opens?

TIA

Can you wear water shoes on the slide?

I am thinking the walk to it must get hot for ones tootsies

We were there in mid August a couple of years ago, and it was fine, even for my son with sensory problems. The pavement on the way to the slide is pretty wet! :)

Thanks Couchy (it was you, right? Sorry if I'm wrong!) for the PIN info! I can manage a 4 digit number I get to make up as long as I'm not put on the spot for it.

I was just seeing another thread where someone was very unhappy with the boat transportation to DHS for an EMH morning? What time do the boats actually start?

she/he stated that there was a family at the dock at 6:40 (they got there at 7:03) but the first boat didn't appear until 7:40???? That is kind of late to get to DHS before 8:00.

Was this a fluke? or is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter