2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder, if you happen to be at the resort, or in the "World" on Sunday night...

4th Annual Beach & Yacht Club DIS Meet: Sunday July 7, 2013

Where: Beach Club Solarium (in the hallway near the Marketplace)

Around 6:30-ish

Expected attendees: Disneymomx7 (Robyn), TeenaS, The Magical One, Couchy, Flat Dee & Friends

Be There or Be Square! said Flat Dee, who is more like a rectangle.

Here is a picture from last year's meet:

DisMeet2012.jpg

YCFan, Disneymomx7, Teena in back, Disneymomx7's daughter?, Catho72 and The Magical One

Flat Friends are The Three Caballeros (pixarmom, natebenma and Ninjamom), then Flat Dee and MickeyT

For more pictures from past meets, check out the Community Page post at the top of Page 2

Marketplace Question:

I know that the coffee/drink station is open (or should I say not roped off) earlier than the actual marketplace is BUT is the area that has the toasters roped off before it opens?

TIA

Yes, the area with the toasters was absolutely roped off and not accessible when we were there last month (June 2013). You really and truly can only get to the drink station area.....

Yes, the area with the toasters was absolutely roped off and not accessible when we were there last month (June 2013). You really and truly can only get to the drink station area.....

thank you so much for the reply! I wanted to get some breakfast items for our room that we could pop in the toaster for early entry mornings; I'll just have to get some NON toaster items :)

Here is the daily view update from SAB. Beautiful so far today. Watched both the Epcot and DHS fireworks last night . Wow . Something special . We saw the DHS ones from the BC beach and they went off above the Boardwalk . It was incredible

Very exciting breaking news . I beat DH at TSM this morning :) it has made my day. We got fast passes for later cause he wants revenge !

Ok - have to hit the lazy river . Talk to you all later

Here is the daily view update from SAB. Beautiful so far today. Watched both the Epcot and DHS fireworks last night . Wow . Something special . We saw the DHS ones from the BC beach and they went off above the Boardwalk . It was incredible

Very exciting breaking news . I beat DH at TSM this morning :) it has made my day. We got fast passes for later cause he wants revenge !

Awesome!!

That's very cool that you could see DHS's fireworks from the beach! How crowded was Epcot for the fireworks or were you able to see those from BC, too?

Way to go beating your husband at TSM! The only person I can beat in my family is my 10 year old daughter and sometimes even she beats me! :-)

Have fun being lazy in the lazy river! Say hi to Johnny Depp if he's moved out of the hot tub.....

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That's very cool that you could see DHS's fireworks from the beach! How crowded was Epcot for the fireworks or were you able to see those from BC, too?

Way to go beating your husband at TSM! The only person I can beat in my family is my 10 year old daughter and sometimes even she beats me! :-)

Have fun being lazy in the lazy river! Say hi to Johnny Depp if he's moved out of the hot tub.....

It was crazy busy in Epcot. We wound of watching the. On the Boardwalk bridge after enjoying the DJ at the Boardwalk. The bridge was wall to wall people. When Epcot ended we walked to the beach and were able to enjoy spectacular sights for the DHS show. It was awesome.
Oh and earlier in the day we could hear the summer concert series from the American pavilion clear as day from our balcony

Johnny Depp is currently focusing all his attention on me :)

Forgive me if these things have been asked before, but we're in the less than a month making sure all our ducks are in a row frenzy...

We're trying to decide whether to order from Garden Grocer...we're taking ME, so no grocery stop, and don't really want to take the time to take a cab somewhere once we get there...

Main essential is water- we go through a lot of it, and it's so expensive in the parks. Do they have any bigger bottles of water in the Marketplace, and if so is there an actual savings over the smaller bottles?

We sometimes order breakfast stuff (and would pretty much have to, to get to the minimum order!)- do all the rooms have a fridge, for putting milk and stuff in?And if so, what's kind of capacity?

Thanks!

It was crazy busy in Epcot. We wound of watching the. On the Boardwalk bridge after enjoying the DJ at the Boardwalk. The bridge was wall to wall people. When Epcot ended we walked to the beach and were able to enjoy spectacular sights for the DHS show. It was awesome.
Oh and earlier in the day we could hear the summer concert series from the American pavilion clear as day from our balcony

Johnny Depp is currently focusing all his attention on me :)

Tell him I'll see him on the 13th! Is Johnny Depp the big surprise guest at the meet on Sunday?

Forgive me if these things have been asked before, but we're in the less than a month making sure all our ducks are in a row frenzy...

We're trying to decide whether to order from Garden Grocer...we're taking ME, so no grocery stop, and don't really want to take the time to take a cab somewhere once we get there...

Main essential is water- we go through a lot of it, and it's so expensive in the parks. Do they have any bigger bottles of water in the Marketplace, and if so is there an actual savings over the smaller bottles?

We sometimes order breakfast stuff (and would pretty much have to, to get to the minimum order!)- do all the rooms have a fridge, for putting milk and stuff in?And if so, what's kind of capacity?

Thanks!

Here's my water in the parks tip.....go to any place that sells fountain pop and ask for a cup of ice water. It's free! It will also save you from lugging around heavy bottles of water around the park.

All rooms at YC/BC have fridges. They are small-ish but a half gallon of milk will fit. Cans of pop fit as do leftover desserts (which incidentally make a wonderful breakfast!),

Thanks!

I can't imagine it would ever be less expensive at the Marketplace! :rotfl:

I've heard Teena mention that some walk to the Hess station not far from BWI for water, but if you're into getting some breakfast munchies, then I say go for GG. And yes, all rooms at BC have a fridge, but here's a tip. I truly don't remember where, but on one of our trips to WDW, we filled the fridge....went into it the next day.....and realized that housekeeping had for some reason unplugged it, thus we lost all our food. :guilty:

Can you wear water shoes on the slide?

I am thinking the walk to it must get hot for ones tootsies

I have seen several people come down with shoes in hand, so my unofficial answer would be probably not. However, much of the pavement that you are crossing is shaded, and there are so many wet people crossing, the pavement is wet as well. My girls (and I) have done fine without water shoes. I am going down to pool in a bit, and I will try to find an official answer.

On to other news...We watched 4th of July Epcot fireworks from within the park. It was fabulous, but very, very busy.

We did the Wishes dessert party on Wednesday night. Saw Teena and Robyn's family. We had a wonderful front row table to enjoy the castle while eating sweets, and then stood on the railing to see the fireworks. Like Teena said, it was WET!

Gonna wing it for dinner tonight...I'm taking a day off from parks, although my DH is at HS with girls. Just got pics with Wreck it Ralph and Incredibles.

Tomorrow is our last day :sad2:

Thanks for the info. Glad the vacation has been pleasant

It was crazy busy in Epcot. SNIP!

Johnny Depp is currently focusing all his attention on me

I am frantically searching for airfare now! There may not be availability at the resort but I am perfectly willing to install an inflatable mattress in the laundry room if that's what it takes!

Thank you also to those of you who are posting live reports and sharing your trips! Those of us who are missing "Home" and those of us looking forward to upcoming trips really appreciate a little taste of a Disney vacation!

~NM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter