2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are only able to book it on certain days. I think Fridays and Saturdays only. We tried thurs and couldn't get one. I would do it as soon as you can book your fast passes. We were able to do them about a week after our bands arrived. And we already had our bands for 3 weeks b4 we got the email invite.

Awesome thanks! It sounds like it would be worth it to rearrange our plans a bit. Thanks again :)

I can't wait to view Wishes here! I also have fp+ for MSEP and Illuminations. Do you know where FP+ special viewing area for these are?

It's between the gift shops in the front of World Showcase. You go right from the center around the side of the gift shop and there will be a CM there to let you into the area. It's awesome!

We are not really planners. The only thing we plan is our dinner reservations. So what we did was plan the fast passes around our dinner. We knew we would be at that park for part of the day. That way we still have the morning to do whatever we want.

Kinda same as previous PP, I do plan ADR's and have an idea of parks ahead of time. I planned FP for afternoons when the lines are longer anyways. Remember though you can change them up, which I have done once or twice. It seems as long as there still is regular FP available for the ride then you can switch up the Plus.

Well... I am an uber planner. BEFORE we go. I like to just enjoy being there. I don't use a touring plan but I am the fast pass runner (of the past). All I did was pick our top 3 and try to work them around meals. Our downfall is that for this trip my MIL is along and doesn't do thrill rides so I tried to include some for her(with all of us together) therefore at times sacrificing a "mountain". Our MNSSHP nite is one of our MK times and no FP+ are available for the parties. Other than that, I will just do what the kids want to do. We go every year or so and they know their way around. We just plan to incorporate the FP+ into our normal days there. We don't "hop" with my inlaws so it's easy. I Also hear that for testing there will be old FPs as well so I plan to use them;). I am excited to try them and my DH is tired of me asking about times and preferences so looks like they are ALL my choice!!
I would love to hear other strategies!!
Susan

I actually found booking the FP+ pretty easy. All the planning around where we would be each day needed to happen so I could book a few ADRs. I used www.easywdw.com to decide which park was recommended for the day. Then, I made an ADR for 5 of the 7 days we'd be there and also booked MNSSHP. Then, when we learned we'd be doing FP+, I chose the rides that Josh says are top priorities - basically, I reserved those with the potential for the longest wait times. And, as for selecting times, Disney first makes recommendations and shows you on a map where each ride is so you can take into account distance. They give you 3 or 4 options. You can then alter them afterwards if you want to move around the times some more. We haven't used them yet, but I'm already seeing the benefit - on Day 1 we land at 10am and want to go to MK after arriving. Because of the late arrival and it being a party night, I'm not sure what we would have gotten to ride. But, I now have FP+ for Space Mountain, Peter Pan, and Enchanted Tales with Belle in the afternoon.

On the 2 days we left up in the air, we booked morning FP+ for Soarin and TT in case we wanted to ride them again, since it will be easy to pop into EPCOT and the other day we didn't book anything. HTH

To be honest I think it working great for us. I selected 3 rides that were our top pick for us. Which are not big thrill rides our kids are still small and the times that I thought would work best.

What has worked out good is the fact that with the app I have been able to twick the selects once we were in the parks for time issues. Even if its with in the window of the hour. So say we had splash mountain scheduled for 1:20-2:20 and it 1:40 we are still stuck doing something I have been able to switch it too. A later time.

I would suggest if you are planned any parades or wishes GET A FP! Awesome seating! No pushing , shoving plenty of room! It's great!!

I must confess I am a planner! I usually use Touring Plans to plan out which park we start at each day (we like to hop) - although sometimes we choose a different park. We usually make very few if any ADR's (picky eaters and we are historically never hungry at the right time) so that didn't affect my FP+ planning as some others have noted. Then I looked at each day to determine our FP+. So for instance on our HS day I chose TSMM/Tot/RnR and got them for the a.m. hours (first one about 1 hour from park opening). Normally we do rope drop and we may still, but having these FP+ already gives us the option not to if everyone is slow to get around in the morning. And if we do manage rope drop then we can use the regular machines and get another :yay:

We typically do MK at least 2x so on one day I scheduled morning FP+ for BTMRR/ETWB/Under the Sea/and 1 other I can't remember right now. On our 2nd MK day I got FP+ for MSEP / Wishes / and Splash I believe.

On our last full day we typically would be at MK/EP for part of the day but since we are staying at BC I scheduled FP+ for Fantasmic this night and then got Tot / TSMM for the hour or two before Fantasmic starts.

Generally I chose FP+ for the typical FP rides that are must do's for my family. Don't see the need for a FP+ for Indiana Jones or some of the other rides that are now being offered?? Really excited to see how it all works out - I'm sure we will be tweaking via the phone app as needed because even with all the planning some of us do - it's never 100% and things change. We try to stay flexible so that the focus is on fun - and not the next reservation! :thumbsup2

We're only doing a short trip in October, three full park days, so it made FP+ easy (and I think helpful). It also makes it easier that we're frequent visitors and familiar with everything. I'd hate to try this as a first timer...

Day 1 (Friday)
Epcot in am, MNSSHP in evening.
Booked TT, Soarin' and Nemo FP+ for as early as possible, then will hit World Showcase for F&W in the afternoon before heading to MK for the party.

Day 2 (Saturday)
AK in am, DHS in late afternoon/evening.
Booked ToT, RnRC and TSM for 3pm on. Figure on AK for rope drop for safari and maybe a few other rides, then migrate to DHS for rest of day.
Thrilled to avoid the stampede for TSM FP- and to still get to ride even when arriving later in the day.

Day 3 (Sunday)
No idea what we're doing in the am, but doing MK later in the day for evening EMH.
Booked FP+ for Space Mtn (because it always has long standby lines), Jungle Cruise (closed during MNSSHP so want to ride for sure) and the new Little Mermaid ride ('cause it's new).

DH laughed hysterically at my reasoning and rationales as I was debating the whole thing, but I know he'll change his tune if/when we get to ride all our favs without any hassle or confusion. Usually we have to skip something on short trips like that, due to long lines and/or crappy FP- return times. And I'm hoping the FP+/- double-dipping option will still be there so we can do even more. Wahoo... :grin:

Thanks everyone.

I've booked my FP+ for the morning on most of my days and have picked the "A" grade rides. There is one day where I've booked FP+ in the afternoon and that's for the day of MNSSHP.

I'm at 32 days out and the parades (except for Illuminations at the weekends) have not opened up....yet (I'm hoping).

I debated putting FP+ for the afternoon because that's when the parks are the busiest. But my family touring style is to hit the parks early and head back to SAB to enjoy the afternoon before heading out again in the evening. So far, the evening FP times are not available.....again, I hope, yet.

I seriously thought about changing the touring style so that we maximise FP+ for the afternoon but in the end, I knew we picked BC because we like to laze around SAB.

It's nice to know that some of you have tweaked your plans on the ground so that makes it much more flexible.

I have really enjoyed the experience so far on MDE and selecting MB and FP+. If the experience is as good when I get to the parks, I'll be very very happy.

Second to last day! Getting sad now. The boys are so loving SAB and it's nice we can let them be a little since they are old enough and strong swimmers. We can enjoy it too! They have not been checking our bands at all and have not asked for room keys either yet.

Off topic...for just a moment...can I say how awful the Photopass Plus system set up is with putting the ride photos on the card!?!?!?! Horrible. They need to find a better way because waiting on line while people get 20 minutes sales pitches on it when all I want is a quick bar code scan is ridiculous.

Heading to AK for a bit of EMH then SAB then Epcot!

Thanks everyone.

I've booked my FP+ for the morning on most of my days and have picked the "A" grade rides. There is one day where I've booked FP+ in the afternoon and that's for the day of MNSSHP.

I'm at 32 days out and the parades (except for Illuminations at the weekends) have not opened up....yet (I'm hoping).

I debated putting FP+ for the afternoon because that's when the parks are the busiest. But my family touring style is to hit the parks early and head back to SAB to enjoy the afternoon before heading out again in the evening. So far, the evening FP times are not available.....again, I hope, yet.

I seriously thought about changing the touring style so that we maximise FP+ for the afternoon but in the end, I knew we picked BC because we like to laze around SAB.

It's nice to know that some of you have tweaked your plans on the ground so that makes it much more flexible.

I have really enjoyed the experience so far on MDE and selecting MB and FP+. If the experience is as good when I get to the parks, I'll be very very happy.

Regarding evening FP+ times, if you are talking about rides I suggest you double check. I have not seen or read a staged release of these. Once the day is open to you all times should be there. Are you browsing through the 3 or 4 options and then using the 'modify' feature? You should be able to choose from morning to night. I'd hate to see a guest 'waste' a FP+ on an attraction with a short standby by queue or change the way they like to tour. Good Luck

I'm so excited for my first stay at BC! It's just a weekend trip, Sept 13-15, but I've wanted to stay at BC forever, it feels like. We booked back in May, planning to attend the Villains party and spend Saturday relaxing at SAB, probably going to Epcot that evening.

...from 10 days at the YC and I'm in trouble! The family LOVED it here- don't think I'll ever get them back to the moderates now!

My DS8 couldn't wait to leave the parks so that he could play volleyball in SAB everyday!

Everything from location, to the pool, to the staff were truly wonderful! Wishing I was sitting poolside with a fruity beverage in hand right now :cool2:

I have my illuminations FP "between the tower gift shops". Basically it is on the lagoon near the docks on the future world side between the 2 gift shops. Hope that helps!!

It's between the gift shops in the front of World Showcase. You go right from the center around the side of the gift shop and there will be a CM there to let you into the area. It's awesome!

Thank you!! I can't wait!

I do have another question. I made 3 FP+ selections for rides at AK for September 30th and that same night I was able to book both MSEP and Wishes! 5 selections two different parks - same day. Was anyone else able to do this?

I apologize if this is a silly question . My family and I will be arriving to the BC for the first time on December 7-15 :) . If we are lucky enough to get magic bands when will my Disney experience notify me ? So excited to be staying at the BC I read this thread daily :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So excited to say that we would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list

Dh and I will be at the Beach Club Sept, 30th to Oct. 3rd.

This will be our first Food and Wine! We will be coming over after spending the weekend at the Swan with our 2 adult ds who sadly have to go back to their college classes on Mon.

We will make sure to say Hi to you again Teena! ( me - aka the Justin Bieber in the lobby of the Beach Club spotting lady and the I cried at the Yachtsman Steakhouse on my anniv. lady!) Just look for me pushing the wheelchair!:)

MLinDisney said:

I do have another question. I made 3 FP+ selections for rides at AK for September 30th and that same night I was able to book both MSEP and Wishes! 5 selections two different parks - same day. Was anyone else able to do this?

Interesting! Will have to try tonight and see what happens.

I'd love to know the answer to this too! IMO, there's not enough in Epcot to warrant a full day of FP+ options, so I'd love to do an extra ride on TSM in DHS if I could. It's my favorite part about Disney!

So that's the balance paid today. 8 weeks to go. Yey.

Almost changed the resort due to me being made redundant but DH said to go ahead with my dream resort.
I looked at cheaper hotels and off site but by the time I added meals and parking for off site I wasn't saving that much!

We also just told our DD10 today and she was over the moon, she has been 3 times to other resorts and it will be a first for DD2. We had said we wouldn't go back to disney until the youngest was a bit older, she was devastated but now ecstatic. I have been buying holiday clothes over the year, mainly with a disney theme and I packed her suitcase and had a letter in the case from Mickey and the gang asking her to come visit! She could hardly read it out. She kept saying are you sure were going to the hotel with the sandy pool. Yes we are!

Magic bands are ordered, I hope they will be at reception for us, I hear a few overseas guests are not getting them at check-in.
Also done a few FP+ but it only allows me and DD10 to participate, ive done rides which we can baby swap and I will wait and see if DH gets added before I do the family rides.

Can't wait, it's going to be a loooong 8 weeks! Luckily this thread keeps me sort of sane!

X

I apologize if this is a silly question . My family and I will be arriving to the BC for the first time on December 7-15 :) . If we are lucky enough to get magic bands when will my Disney experience notify me ? So excited to be staying at the BC I read this thread daily :)

From what I have read, once a resort becomes part of the Magic Band process, it remains in the program, or at least that is the plan. So you should be able to get Magic Bands for your trip. Most people are reporting that the option to customize their MagicBands just appears out of the blue one day in their MDE account. People who have been receiving email notifications tend to receive those after the option to customize bands appears in their accounts. Just keep reading this thread and see if anyone close to your date gets the MagicBand option. Good luck. :goodvibes

We also just told our DD10 today and she was over the moon, she has been 3 times to other resorts and it will be a first for DD2. We had said we wouldn't go back to disney until the youngest was a bit older, she was devastated but now ecstatic. I have been buying holiday clothes over the year, mainly with a disney theme and I packed her suitcase and had a letter in the case from Mickey and the gang asking her to come visit! She could hardly read it out. She kept saying are you sure were going to the hotel with the sandy pool. Yes we are!
That is a really nice reaction from your daughter. I love when kids really appreciate things like this. ;)

From what I have read, once a resort becomes part of the Magic Band process, it remains in the program, or at least that is the plan. So you should be able to get Magic Bands for your trip. Most people are reporting that the option to customize their MagicBands just appears out of the blue one day in their MDE account. People who have been receiving email notifications tend to receive those after the option to customize bands appears in their accounts. Just keep reading this thread and see if anyone close to your date gets the MagicBand option. Good luck. :goodvibes

;)

Thank you so much !!!! Makes me feel so much better :)

Second to last day! Getting sad now. The boys are so loving SAB and it's nice we can let them be a little since they are old enough and strong swimmers. We can enjoy it too! They have not been checking our bands at all and have not asked for room keys either yet.

Off topic...for just a moment...can I say how awful the Photopass Plus system set up is with putting the ride photos on the card!?!?!?! Horrible. They need to find a better way because waiting on line while people get 20 minutes sales pitches on it when all I want is a quick bar code scan is ridiculous.

Heading to AK for a bit of EMH then SAB then Epcot!

I completely agree with you about the Photopass! We never waited quite that long but it was nonsense. My favorites were the Photopass people who didn't know how the card worked! We decided a dedicated Photopass+ line would solve the problem easily.

Enjoy your last days!

Regarding evening FP+ times, if you are talking about rides I suggest you double check. I have not seen or read a staged release of these. Once the day is open to you all times should be there. Are you browsing through the 3 or 4 options and then using the 'modify' feature? You should be able to choose from morning to night. I'd hate to see a guest 'waste' a FP+ on an attraction with a short standby by queue or change the way they like to tour. Good Luck

Thanks. Yes, I am stalking MDE on a daily basis hoping that the night time options open up (and using the modify option to check).

We will keep our touring day the way we like it i.e., go early and head back to the resort for the afternoon; and then out again at night.

I think my option to select MB opened up about 45 days prior to arrival. I have two resort bookings and the first one appeared in MDE without me realizing. And then a couple of days later, the second one opened and I was prompted to select a second set of MBs. Looking at the dates, I'm pretty sure the second set opened up 45 days out.

Just wanted to say that I'm so glad this thread exists! :goodvibes

Dee, you run a tight, pleasant ship to sail on.

I'm currently the person who started the "Club Level" thread, and I guess that makes me the person responsible for its upkeep, which I admit, I haven't had the time to really do, but there is a heated discussion going on concerning whether or not CL appetizers are to be used as meal replacement (I firmly believe they're NOT), and it just reminded me of how pleasant this thread is.

Just sayin...

:flower3:

I completely agree with you about the Photopass! We never waited quite that long but it was nonsense. My favorites were the Photopass people who didn't know how the card worked! We decided a dedicated Photopass+ line would solve the problem easily.

Enjoy your last days!

Test Track has it set up perfectly, 2 people right where the pictures are located. That's all they do. If you want to buy photopass I think they send you to another counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter