2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the club level information post, there' s note reads that they were testing the lounge being open 24 hours. Does anyone know if it passed the test? :rotfl2:

I have a mild case of insomnia especially at Disney. Too excited too sleep!
It would be very helpful if I could go to the lounge to read or watch tv without disturbing the others in my room.

Thanks in advance!:)

Our experience has been that the YC lounge (not sure about BC lounge) closes at 10:00pm for cleanup, for about 30 minutes, and then re-opens. They leave out a few bottles of water, there are some sodas in the refrigerator, and coffee and tea are available. I would hope that they lock up the TV remote because there is a room on the other side of the wall where the TV is mounted. I know the guests that are currently staying in that room and they report that it is noisy, as you would expect given the location at the beginning of the hall and right across from the ice machine. They tried to move, but CL was sold out at the beginning of this week. Hopefully they've been able to move since then.

We are just about ready to board our flight home. Currently sat in Royal Palm Lounge at Sanford waiting to be called.

We have had a fantastic time and had the change to meet a few wonderful fellow Disers.

I will upload some photos soon.

Have a safe trip home.
Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Wow, I just read on the algae thread that some people who complained at the Dolphin got wristbands to SAB. Given how crowded SAB gets, I think that's ridiculous! Has anyone been told when will they have the Dolphin pool fixed? I know they said that 300 thousand gallons are not emptied that easily, but I hope this is not something that extends for a while.

Wow, I just read on the algae thread that some people who complained at the Dolphin got wristbands to SAB. Given how crowded SAB gets, I think that's ridiculous! Has anyone been told when will they have the Dolphin pool fixed? I know they said that 300 thousand gallons are not emptied that easily, but I hope this is not something that extends for a while.

I think I might join others in sending a note to the YC/BC General Manager. I'm all about being nice, but I'm paying a lot to stay at YC because of the exclusivity it provides not for a public pool.

Am I just total out of place on this?

skepace said:
I think I might join others in sending a note to the YC/BC General Manager. I'm all about being nice, but I'm paying a lot to stay at YC because of the exclusivity it provides not for a public pool.

I 100% agree with you! My hubby and I are visiting the YC for the first time on 9/23 and we are hoping the issue is resolved by than. We could have payed a lot less to stay elsewhere like the Swan and Dolphin.... Trying not to let this get to me....

Here is the Be Our Guest list as of this morning. Please take a moment to check that your information is correct. If you have any changes or additions, please let me know. Thanks!

Post 13: Be Our Guest list

We will be at BC 9/22-10/1!!! We love BC, my daughter has been asking and asking to go back! Thank you for this thread it is so helpful! You guys are great!

I 100% agree with you! My hubby and I are visiting the YC for the first time on 9/23 and we are hoping the issue is resolved by than. We could have payed a lot less to stay elsewhere like the Swan and Dolphin.... Trying not to let this get to me....

Not out of place at all, although I'm the one who mentioned writing to the YC&BC's General Manager. ;) If you'd like to send her a polite letter expressing your concerns, I'm sure it can't hurt... :thumbsup2

Taken from the 1st Page FAQ (Thanks Natebenma for providing this information):

Stop the Hop!!!

In the past, after hours checking of room keys and wristbands at SAB has been inconsistent in the evening hours. Last summer admission was scrutinized the whole time the pool was open. As a guest of the Beach Club or Yacht Club resort, if the policy of Guests Only admission to SAB is important to you, please let the GM of the resorts know this!

You may write to:

Mim Flynn, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
1800 EPCOT Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

I don't have to time to write a letter, our stay starts Sunday. I've been emailing the club level and I've been told no guests from other resorts will be using SAB. I don't believe them, I don't think they're lieing, I think they really don't know. What to do?? If it's a couple of people, no problem, but how do you give some wristbands and not the others?

I don't have to time to write a letter, our stay starts Sunday. I've been emailing the club level and I've been told no guests from other resorts will be using SAB. I don't believe them, I don't think they're lieing, I think they really don't know. What to do?? If it's a couple of people, no problem, but how do you give some wristbands and not the others?

SAB is pretty much always crowded, there's no way you'll be able to tell if its just normal BC/YC guests crowded or if there are extra people at the pool. Just go and enjoy your vacation! And just remember, there's no such thing as a perfect vacation. There will be bumps, just roll with them. You'll be at Disney! :goodvibes

I usually have the current movie schedule listed on the first page of this thread. i post it as soon as I get the listing or the activities schedule on the first couple of days is the month.

It is the fourth or fifth post.

Thank you for this wonderful thead and all the work you do for us all. I will be checking your first part of September for all the months activites. We will be at the BC in less then a month. :yay::yay:

I am concerned for all those staying a BC and YC over this long weekend. We have never stayed there, but from what all I have read it is too crowded on a normal basis with guest from our two resorts. Labor Day weekend could be really busy without adding in outside resorts. :worried:

Angel16

On the club level information post, there' s note reads that they were testing the lounge being open 24 hours. Does anyone know if it passed the test? :rotfl2:

I have a mild case of insomnia especially at Disney. Too excited too sleep!
It would be very helpful if I could go to the lounge to read or watch tv without disturbing the others in my room.

Thanks in advance!:)

Our experience has been that the YC lounge (not sure about BC lounge) closes at 10:00pm for cleanup, for about 30 minutes, and then re-opens. They leave out a few bottles of water, there are some sodas in the refrigerator, and coffee and tea are available. I would hope that they lock up the TV remote because there is a room on the other side of the wall where the TV is mounted. I know the guests that are currently staying in that room and they report that it is noisy, as you would expect given the location at the beginning of the hall and right across from the ice machine. They tried to move, but CL was sold out at the beginning of this week. Hopefully they've been able to move since then.

We just returned from a BC CL stay.

The lounge was open overnight. It had sodas/coffee/tea, water that disappeared quickly, swedish fish, yogurt pretzels, and trail mix.

We returned back to the hotel late many evenings and appreciated being able to grab a soda on the way back to the room. There were often a few people in there just sitting. At least in the BC CL the tv was being watched late at night - although after an entire week there I never did figure out just where they kept the remote. (Most tvs have some sort of on/off buttons and more accessible by hand, so hiding the remote doesn't always help).

Don't you think that the YC/BC General Manager approved this, or did someone sneak into the YC/BC, take the wristbands for SAB, and deliver them to the guests of the Swan/Dolphin?
If you disagree with this then by all means contact the GM, but don't think for one minute this is being done without the approval of YC/BC management.

Also, don't forget that when parts of SAB were closed a little while ago guests of the YC/BC were able to use the Luna Park pool at the Boardwalk, causing that pool to be more crowded. Should the guests at the Boardwalk have complained?

Don't you think that the YC/BC General Manager approved this, or did someone sneak into the YC/BC, take the wristbands for SAB, and deliver them to the guests of the Swan/Dolphin?
If you disagree with this then by all means contact the GM, but don't think for one minute this is being done without the approval of YC/BC management.

Also, don't forget that when parts of SAB were closed a little while ago guests of the YC/BC were able to use the Luna Park pool at the Boardwalk, causing that pool to be more crowded. Should the guests at the Boardwalk have complained?

I think that is different because the Boardwalk is a Disney owned hotel of a similar price range as YC/BC.

The Swan and Dolphin are not and I could get a similar room for less money at swan/dolphin than what I am paying at YC or BC.

Hi! could we be added to the list? September 23-28 BC following Cruise on Dream for our 10 year anniversary :)

:welcome:

:cool1:

I'll add you to the list! Happy Anniversary!

We will be at BC 9/22-10/1!!! We love BC, my daughter has been asking and asking to go back! Thank you for this thread it is so helpful! You guys are great!

:welcome: back!

:woohoo:

I'll add you to the list.

KayJ we have the noodles and they are a big family. We can split them with you. Send me a text to coordinate

We ended up buying a few (which we've hardly used!), and I was going to add them to the noodle family when we leave this weekend. If the family's already extended, perhaps I'll give them to a family at the pool. Thanks so much for the offer! Did you end up going to Typhoon Lagoon? We didn't get water park tix- maybe next trip! I'm sure I'd love it, but I never want to give up a park day...

I think that is different because the Boardwalk is a Disney owned hotel of a similar price range as YC/BC.

The Swan and Dolphin are not and I could get a similar room for less money at swan/dolphin than what I am paying at YC or BC.

ITA! When BWI pool was being renovated their guests could use SAB and vice versa. However Swan and Dolphin are not Disney owned resorts so I think it's an entirely different matter. Now if Disney did allow Swan and Dolphin guests to use a Disney owned pool I would think it would be the pool at BWI since even DVC members are not allowed to pool hop to SAB.

We ended up buying a few (which we've hardly used!), and I was going to add them to the noodle family when we leave this weekend. If the family's already extended, perhaps I'll give them to a family at the pool. Thanks so much for the offer! Did you end up going to Typhoon Lagoon? We didn't get water park tix- maybe next trip! I'm sure I'd love it, but I never want to give up a park day...

KJay I am arriving Saturday early afternoon. I'd be glad to put your "extra" noodles to use if you don't add them to the existing Disboard noodle family. Message me if you'd like to do that.

ITA! When BWI pool was being renovated their guests could use SAB and vice versa. However Swan and Dolphin are not Disney owned resorts so I think it's an entirely different matter. Now if Disney did allow Swan and Dolphin guests to use a Disney owned pool I would think it would be the pool at BWI since even DVC members are not allowed to pool hop to SAB.

I would certainly hope that WDW understands guests at any Disney owned and operated Epcot resort would be very unhappy with allowing pool hopping from a non-Disney hotel.
Basically, one guest at Swan/Dolphin did a very good thing (from my read) and got the wheels moving to fix what appears to be a bad pool situation at S/D. This guest+family, so far, are the only folks I've read about that may have received SAB passes. I was really surprised this was offered, but I have to believe Disney knows they can't do this for each and every guest at S/D. I think if Disney is concerned, they ought to consider giving S/D guests water park passes. If S/D is concerned, they ought to comp or reduce rates, maybe give comps to their restaurants, that sort of thing.
There is no solution to the problem by allowing non-Disney hotel guests to hop to Disney pools. That would only creates a lot of new problems, over crowding being the main one.

I'll be sure to keep the tv off! Thanks for the info!

During our stay last week, we decided to do something we haven't done on our previous trips, and rent one of the boats available at Y&B Marina. Our kids are older and my daughter actually has a boating license, so we thought this might be a fun/different thing to do during one of our relaxing afternoons. At first, we thought we would just rent one or two of the Sea Raycers ($32.00 for half hour, $45 for one hour). But then we started looking around at the different watercraft, and decided to go for it and rent the Boston Whaler Montauk, the 17' boat that seats up to 6 people:

All I can say is....OMG WE LOVED IT!!! It was such a blast.

The CM's at the Marina were so helpful, and they made us feel like it was the easiest thing in the world, which it really was. After a brief lesson in operating it, we basically just shoved off from the dock and we were off! We were provided with life vests, but were not obligated to wear them. We were able to take drinks, towels, belongings, etc. onto the boat, there was plenty of room for all of our stuff.

Here is a pic of my kids operating it. You have to be 18 years old. It was totally fine for people to switch off driving, and it was easy to do so while "sailing". I wanted NO part of driving :)

There were two seats in the back, very comfy, a bench where the operator and another person can sit, and the front of the boat had a very large bench/flat padded area where a couple of people could sit or even stretch out and sunbathe!

You could travel anywhere you wanted throughout the lagoon, near the Swan/Dolphin, as well as all the way down to Hollywood Studios. You could go as far as the bridge to Epcot, but you weren't allowed to go near the dock for the Friendship boats at the International Gateway.

There were a couple of "rules": you had to stay to the right under bridges, and you had to go slow near "no wake" areas. Otherwise, you could just cruise along however you wanted. It was easy staying away from the other watercraft, and SO FUN when you passed the Friendship boats, who would honk at you and salute as they passed by! Also, there were a couple of "Water Safety Patrol" boats that cruise the lagoon and waterways there. If you needed help, no one was ever far away, and they would shout at you as you passed, making sure we were all set and having a good time.

The cost was $45 for a half hour, and then they charge you for every 5 minutes after that. We had so much fun, we definitley went WAY over the limit...don't even ask what we spent!:) You paid when you returned.

It was such a different way to experience my favorite part of WDW....the whole BC/YC/BW area. I could have stayed out there all day. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking about it. I think it's something that a family of any age would have a blast doing together. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter