2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Met Pink Girl and her lovely family last night. We are trying to console the noodle family after the break up

e8fd7cb5.jpg

5cc3e2e4.jpg

What fun you got a chance to meet. :goodvibes You guys are hilarious! :rotfl:

Be Our Guest list has all my info correct. Just under 2 months now. With school starting, Labor Day weekend coming up and the cooler weather visiting every now and then, I can tell it's getting close!

Has anyone found a coffee pod to work in the coffee makers in the YC rooms, that taste like real coffee? We are BIG coffee drinkers, and would like to be able to ale a good cup in my room when I want.

I can't help with a brand of pod that will be better, but I do have to say that when we were at the YC this past week, we found the in-room coffee to be absolutely DISGUSTING!!! We aren't "coffee snobs" by any means, and I don't know if it was the pod or a combination of that and Florida water, but we took one sip and threw it out. We did use bottled water, so that wasn't the cause. My reference to FL water was the water used by past guests.

We went down to the Ale & Compass lounge and got coffee, which was much better. If you want good coffee in your room, I would suggest bringing a small coffee maker, filters, your own coffee, and use bottled water.

KJay- thanks once again for all the info and pictures! This is really helpful.

I see refill mugs in this picture. Do you know if they are on sale here at the arcade and if there is a refill station available here.

I'm guessing (hoping), yes.

Thanks!

Yes, selling and refilling mugs in the arcade. I think you asked about pics- feel free to use any of them,and let me know if you want any other pics while I'm at it! I'm only getting online about once out of every ten tries- so I may not be so prompt in uploading them...:badpc:

Now that I can see what Pink and Georgia'smom lool like- I'll be keeping my eye out for you! I'll look for the noodle family :)

I thought I read somewhere that there are movies by the pool or on the beach at night. Is this every night? Is there a way we can see what movies are showing during the week we're there?

I was recently trying to figure that out and came across this. Not sure if it's current.

http://goo.gl/wRHFl

Thanks, I checked this out. Just to clarify, we can go over to the Boardwalk Resort if we like a movie showing there instead of BC. One question I have when I was looking at pictures.

I saw a Pearl Stand on the BC property, is this still there & can I pick a pearl here? Do they offer settings or do I go to the one at DTD for that?

One more, do they sell postcard stamps at the gift shop?

Thanks, I checked this out. Just to clarify, we can go over to the Boardwalk Resort if we like a movie showing there instead of BC. One question I have when I was looking at pictures. I saw a Pearl Stand on the BC property, is this still there & can I pick a pearl here? Do they offer settings or do I go to the one at DTD for that?

I can't actually answer this for you, but did you know there is also a Pick-A-Pearl in Japan? It's inside the store (name starts with M) and apparently they do an entire ceremony which the other locations do not do. And I believe that you can take that pearl and get it set at one of the other locations.

I can't actually answer this for you, but did you know there is also a Pick-A-Pearl in Japan? It's inside the store (name starts with M) and apparently they do an entire ceremony which the other locations do not do. And I believe that you can take that pearl and get it set at one of the other locations.

We're not fans of Epcot so we won't be over there.

I saw a Pearl Stand on the BC property, is this still there & can I pick a pearl here? Do they offer settings or do I go to the one at DTD for that?

Yes, the Pearl Stand is still out by the beach at BC. Not sure about settings, so no help there.

I was recently trying to figure that out and came across this. Not sure if it's current.

http://goo.gl/wRHFl

I usually have the current movie schedule listed on the first page of this thread. i post it as soon as I get the listing or the activities schedule on the first couple of days is the month.

It is the fourth or fifth post.

Tell me I'm wrong to be concerned about Dolphin hotel guests getting wristbands for SAB while their grotto pool is down. I'm not thrilled with everything else going on at BC right now, now this. I feel bad for the guests there, but not bad enough to have to share my pool with them. There are other pools at the Dolphin for them to use, why does my vacation have to intruded upon to make up for their negligence? Couldnt they have gotten a credit if done sort? Ok, I'm better now and will try and be a better person, but I certainly hope this is the last of this craziness.

Hi! could we be added to the list? September 23-28 BC following Cruise on Dream for our 10 year anniversary :)

Tell me I'm wrong to be concerned about Dolphin hotel guests getting wristbands for SAB while their grotto pool is down. I'm not thrilled with everything else going on at BC right now, now this. I feel bad for the guests there, but not bad enough to have to share my pool with them. There are other pools at the Dolphin for them to use, why does my vacation have to intruded upon to make up for their negligence? Couldnt they have gotten a credit if done sort? Ok, I'm better now and will try and be a better person, but I certainly hope this is the last of this craziness.

I am sympathetic to the Swan/Dolphin guests, but I was really, really surprised to read a bit ago that S/D are arranging some wristbands to SAB. I kind of thought WDW would comp them some water park tickets. (And hopefully WDW also would put immediate pressure on S/D to clean up their pool, pronto. It's not nice to advertise a beautiful pool, and then have the guest find it all yucky and unusable.)
Maybe it's just the mom in me, but how are they going to be able to provide this perk to just a select few guests? What you do for one, usually you kinda have to do for all. There are a lot of people in those hotels. :scared1:
SAB is busy enough as it is. Lilasmom, I totally understand your concern. I think it's quite valid. ::yes::

outahere said:
Yes, the Pearl Stand is still out by the beach at BC. Not sure about settings, so no help there.

Yes, they have beautiful settings there! One of my favorite rings that I have came from there. I picked a black pearl and since it was so different from any others I had I wanted a really nice setting. I picked a setting with diamonds surrounding the pearl and needed it sized. I was leaving the next day. They took my information and mailed the finished product to me at home. I love it!!! It would have been available to pick up there the next day but because I waited until the last day they needed to mail it. I've gotten other ones in Epcot, Seaworld and even San Francisco but this was my favorite. :)

I am sympathetic to the Swalfin guests, but I was really, really surprised to hear they are giving out wristbands to SAB. I kind of thought WDW would comp them some water park tickets. (And hopefully put immediate pressure on Swalfin to clean up their pool, pronto. It's not nice to advertise a beautiful pool, and then have the guest find it all yucky and unusable.)
Maybe it's just the mom in me, but how are they going to avoid doing this for just a select few guests? What you do for one, usually you kinda have to do for all. There are a lot of people in those hotels. :scared1:
SAB is busy enough as it is. Lilasmom, I totally understand your concern. I think it's quite valid. ::yes::

I just put a letter in the mail to the YC&BC manager regarding this. Thanks for including her address in the first-page FAQ, by the way! :thumbsup2 Just expressing my concerns over this potential situation (and all pool-hopping for that matter), as I'd loathe for any YC/BC guests to have their quality time at SAB become a crowded nightmare due to Swalphin's negligence. It's really a crown jewel of an amenity and one of the biggest reasons we fell in love with the resort in the first place.

I just put a letter in the mail to the YC&BC manager regarding this. Thanks for including her address in the first-page FAQ, by the way! :thumbsup2 Just expressing my concerns over this potential situation (and all pool-hopping for that matter), as I'd loathe for any YC/BC guests to have their quality time at SAB become a crowded nightmare due to Swalphin's negligence. It's really a crown jewel of an amenity and one of the biggest reasons we fell in love with the resort in the first place.

I completely agree that the guests at the Dolphin should not be allowed into SAB. It was quite crowded a couple of afternoons this past weekend and for them to try to handle an additional large group would be a nightmare.

As far as I'm concerned, Disney hotel management at a high level, should just tell the Dolphin management an old phrase I used to use - "Your lack of planning does NOT constitute a crisis for me". Not sure where I first heard that phrase, but it certainly fits this situation.

On the club level information post, there' s note reads that they were testing the lounge being open 24 hours. Does anyone know if it passed the test? :rotfl2:

I have a mild case of insomnia especially at Disney. Too excited too sleep!
It would be very helpful if I could go to the lounge to read or watch tv without disturbing the others in my room.

Thanks in advance!:)

We are just about ready to board our flight home. Currently sat in Royal Palm Lounge at Sanford waiting to be called.

We have had a fantastic time and had the change to meet a few wonderful fellow Disers.

I will upload some photos soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter