• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek::confused3 Eeek, Help. I can't remember????? I swear I read that there is free wireless internet at the Beach Club Villas (DVC). That means (I am not tech savy :badpc:) that I can take my iPad (I don't have it attached to a plan but it goes on line in my house through our wireless connection), my Acer (mini lap-top) and my DH's laptop? I am packing and had the wireless router in my "trip" bag, but I am thinking I don't need it???:rolleyes1
Thanks, Penny:faint:

chaoscent said:
:eek::confused3 Eeek, Help. I can't remember????? I swear I read that there is free wireless internet at the Beach Club Villas (DVC). That means (I am not tech savy :badpc:) that I can take my iPad (I don't have it attached to a plan but it goes on line in my house through our wireless connection), my Acer (mini lap-top) and my DH's laptop? I am packing and had the wireless router in my "trip" bag, but I am thinking I don't need it???:rolleyes1

All the resort, including DVC, have free wireless now. But how it works is spotty, depending on the location of your room. The hard wired connections have been removed.

All the resort, including DVC, have free wireless now. But how it works is spotty, depending on the location of your room. The hard wired connections have been removed.

Thank you. It will be a problem if we can't get internet as we are working on some last minute house settlement issues, but I am sure we will find a way to get reception??? here's hoping. Penny:)

I'll be in the lobby on Sunday at 9:30 AM to 5:45 PM.

I'm scheduled to work on Monday also, same hours, but they may switch me to another day this week ... won't know until I get there on Sunday.

It has been HOT the last two days! Yesterday we did typhoon lagoon and had a blast. Came home to freshen up then went to HS to see the last american idol then the finale. After that Fantasmic then we dragged ourselves back to the beach club.

We started this morning with back to back rides on Soarin using our vacation club fast passes. Took the monorail to MK. Did peter pan, small world, dumbo (really appreciated the spray area and air conditioned waiting area), castle show and saw the fairies.

Took the monorail back to epcot and headed to mexico. Adults enjoyed the tequila while Georgia colored her kidcot bear. We had adrs at Marakesh so we hit the kidcots on the way. Great dinner with a great waiter and Georgia joined the belly dancing.

It has finally cooled down and we are at the pool right now.

Looking forward to meeting Teena Sunday. Can't believe we have three more days!

Avocado Margarita
7d20ad20.jpg

Amy (typing on my phone)

TeenaS said:
Just got back an hour ago. I can't go back and read all the pages that have sprang up here on our thread while I was gone for almost two weeks. So, if anybody asked me a specific questions, please repost.

Obviously I have also been away from the BC. I'll return on Sunday. So I have no news on anything that is going on there now.

Hope everybody is well and having fun!!!

Welcome back! Hope you had a great trip :)

chaoscent said:

Each time you turn your iPad on, you will be asked to accept the user terms. Once you click accept, it will take you to your connection. We had some connection problems with laptops at the BCV, but our iPads had great connections - no problems whatsoever. Hopefully, you'll be just as lucky.

DjdBrit, this won't help you now but mugs can be refilled (and purchased) at the lounge just off the lobby of the YC. It's opens early in the am (6:30 or 7am?) for continental breakfast and remains open into the evening.

Isn't Crew's Cup great? I think many guests completely miss it.

:

Need to add this to my trip notes. :thumbsup2

BCV23 said:
DjdBrit, this won't help you now but mugs can be refilled (and purchased) at the lounge just off the lobby of the YC. It's opens early in the am (6:30 or 7am?) for continental breakfast and remains open into the evening.

Isn't Crew's Cup great? I think many guests completely miss it.

Mariamouse, thanks for the kind words. :hug:

You are only able to refill your mugs until 12 noon though. Once they stop serving breakfast there is a charge for drinks at the YC lounge.

You are only able to refill your mugs until 12 noon though. Once they stop serving breakfast there is a charge for drinks at the YC lounge.

You're kidding. :scared1: What a shame. Do they still sell mugs in the afternoon and evening?

Thanks for the correction.

Good morning Beach Club family Thanks to all the posters that took time out of their vacation to post reports and pictures. I'm sure with all the construction going on that you helped a ton of folks get a better grip on what to expect. I really think the posters do a better job at this than Disney.

And to all the folks heading down. Enjoy. pixiedust:

Downtown Disney bound this morning followed by pool time this afternoon. :beach:Tonight we have dinner at Kouzzina and our Illuminations Cruise. Really can't believe we have 3 full days left. I feel like we live here we've been here so long!:cool1:

Teena, Welcome back! We missed you here. I'm sure you had a wonderful visit.

SAB and Swan/Dolphin use - I also agree S/D guests shouldn't be allowed to use SAB. If it is just the one family that reported the pool issue and got the ball rolling, that is one thing. If it is all S/D guests complaining about pool, that is another story and not ok to all those paying to stay at BC/YC. If S/D has issues, they have to find a way to make it up to their guests (maybe room credit, coupon for their own restaurants?) S/D shouldn't be sending their guests to SAB. Lets not forget there is more than one pool at S/D too.
As far as the bus sharing is concerned, I have stayed at Swan, BC & BCV and think it would be nice for S/D to have separate bus from YC/BC/BCV/BW/BWV. I would love if YC/BC/BCV had separate bus from BW/BWV too. Disney has a reason for bus sharing, and we have to live with it or rent a car. The pool issue is not the same as sharing the bus.
Maybe Teena can shed some light on this......

I enjoyed reading about the boat rental! Looks like a lot of fun!

To all there now, Have the best vacation ever!

Enjoy the Labor Day weekend!

Excited to return to BC next month after snagging an AP discount this past week! Love walking to International Gateway and of course SAB! Last stay there was in April 2011 and it was great.

We like to go for a weekend in the fall to celebrate DD's birthday and enjoy F&W. (We go during the day and both our daughters enjoy sampling different foods.)

For the last two years we stayed at the Dolphin because the rate was almost half of what the Disney Epcot resorts cost. This year Dolphin price was much higher, and I didn't want to get locked into a no-cancel rate to save a few bucks. So glad I waited for the AP discount! It was still a bit more than Dolphin, but well worth it now that I am hearing about issues with the Grotto pool.

Agree about buses- I have always thought it was crazy that 5 deluxe resorts share a bus. We tend to drive our car when going anywhere but Epcot and DHS.

I'll be in the lobby on Sunday at 9:30 AM to 5:45 PM.

I'm scheduled to work on Monday also, same hours, but they may switch me to another day this week ... won't know until I get there on Sunday.

I will look for you on Sunday, that's about when we will be rolling in from the Marriott. We check in at BCV. Penny

Just wondering how the love bugs are this year? Last September when we were at the BC the love bugs were everywhere. I know they are harmless but my son is freaked out by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter