2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as a complete newbie to WDW and this forum, I asked this question already on the pre trip boards, and it seems like so far,the corporate dealive been given on tickets has been the best?

"So, I earned a trip for the family via Team Beachbody, and am due to go to WDW in March 2013. Thankfully, they chose our hotel for us (Yacht Club) so that is one thing I don't have to agonize over: boom, it's done.

Thing is, I gotta spring for the tickets, and I guess I was shocked by the cost. I've compared the corporate rate we got to the Disneyworld site prices, to undercover tourist, etc. I've even tried to see if AAA has any deals here in Texas.

For a 4 day base ticket (so far, we are not choosing to park hop due to the age of our kids, but that can change), for 2 adults, 3 kids (3,5,8), the price with tax is $1,178, or, $230.40 (adult), $215.10 kids, plus tax.

Seems like the most solid deal based on corporate rate that I have dug up. What do you think? Good, bad, average? Any suggestions to find better deals?

Oh, and WOW, the huge discounts for Florida residents!!!! My goodness!"

Any ideas about better ticket prices?

Congrats on winning such an awesome trip!
The cheapest tickets I can see (I don't get corporate rate) is on UT for adult 4 day ticket incl tax $255.95. That's the buy 3 day and get 1 day free. Thru link from Mousesavers.com. Shipping is free.
The park hopper for adult is $312.75 incl tax & free shipping. when comparing prices be sure to check tax, some sites like UT show it up front, and some don't show till check out.

When ticket shopping beware some sites also charge for shipping at check out.

I have used Undercover Tourist a couple of times and have been happy with their service. They ship you real tickets, not vouchers, and shipping is prompt, even to Canada :goodvibes

The beach club pool is so big, what do you do with your stuff? Room key a few dollars a cell and camera? Just leave it in a beach bag laying on a chair?

I have one of those (semi :rolleyes:) waterproof thingys that hang around your neck, can be bought at resort store. I use it for my cash, gift cards I use for dining/drinks, and kttw card. I leave my cell phone in room safe. If I bring my camera, I'd use the poolside locker.

We arrive Thursday... I don't know what be your guest is.

Thanks for the info about the beach club lockers. When we are at a smaller pool I can always see my thigs or bag on a chair.. And I saw you all talking about chairs and seeing the map I wondered what people DS with valuables! Are the
Lockers hard to come by?

We are arriving ON DH's 40th birthday. We have been tellin our DS that we are not, no way goi to DisneyLAND this Christmas an just revealed to him that it's because we are going to DisneyWORLD and leave Thursday! He is so excited as I don't think he remembers going when he was 3.

Because we are Disneylad regulars I am trying to remind myself not to get overwhelmed ... But the sheer punt of ground to cover in 6 days seems exhausting. I am hoping The Beach Club is what makes the trip feel relaxing!

I have one of those (semi :rolleyes:) waterproof thingys that hang around your neck, can be bought at resort store. I use it for my cash, gift cards I use for dining/drinks, and kttw card. I leave my cell phone in room safe. If I bring my camera, I'd use the poolside locker.

DOH!!! That is a fantastic suggestion, and one that my family uses! We have a couple of waterproof pouches- they are actually pretty watertight. We either got them online or at an outdoor store like LLBean or EMS. Google "water wallets"

P1000401.jpg

We arrive Thursday... I don't know what be your guest is.

Thanks for the info about the beach club lockers. When we are at a smaller pool I can always see my thigs or bag on a chair.. And I saw you all talking about chairs and seeing the map I wondered what people DS with valuables! Are the
Lockers hard to come by?

We are arriving ON DH's 40th birthday. We have been tellin our DS that we are not, no way goi to DisneyLAND this Christmas an just revealed to him that it's because we are going to DisneyWORLD and leave Thursday! He is so excited as I don't think he remembers going when he was 3.

Because we are Disneylad regulars I am trying to remind myself not to get overwhelmed ... But the sheer punt of ground to cover in 6 days seems exhausting. I am hoping The Beach Club is what makes the trip feel relaxing!

The Be Our Guest list is just a place where we keep track of the DISfolk who are staying at the BC/YC/BCV resorts.

You can find it in Post 13 (soon to be Post 15) on Page 1 of this thread.

Post 13: Be Our Guest list

Here is the address for the new BC/YC FAQ thread. Hope to see you over there soon!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3025785

2012 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Part 4: November

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE!!!​

Move it! Move it! Move it!!!

IMG_0764.jpg

(If you have been reading my trip report, you know why I chose this picture)

:cheer2: We have a new thread!!! :cheer2:

Here's our address:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3025785

2012 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Part 4: November

Don't forget to subscribe to the new thread or change the address if you are linking to this thread in your signature.

See ya on the other side!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE!!!​

Just got back from 4 nights at YC!!

We were in connecting rooms 3134 and 3136. Both rooms faced trees. I asked at check-in if that was normal for a "garden view" room and was told it was. The only options we had were first floor rooms near the quiet pool but not facing it so we stayed with what we had as they were a few steps to the lobby elevators. We used SAB every day even though the pool was freezing! We loved the hot tubs and sand bottom though. We ate at Beaches and Cream for lunch one day and got ice cream to go a few times. I must say that I love that they will fill your mugs for you especially since H.H. was closed.

We used the bar off the lobby for breakfast one morning but wished you could fill mugs there all day instead of until 12. We loved the beach club marketplace and the YC gift shop. Dmom got food poisoning before MVMCP on Thursday and after the EMTs were called, she was driven back with Ddad to YC and the driver explained that the gift shops would have items to help her feel better and they did.

My only major complaint was the hour and 10 mins it took to get to MVMCP on Thursday night. I felt bad for those who were left behind at BC that couldn't fit on our bus! Needless to say we missed the castle lighting but we made it. We still can't believe that rooms that go at $400 + a night have such horrible buses (we had the same bad luck at Poly and WL in the past year) While I was inquiring about getting money back for the 2 MVMCP tickets for Dmom + dad, I did mention it to guest relations who apologized and ended up refunding the ticket money and assured us that the buses would get better..and they did.

The CM's at YC were wonderful and more than willing to help from the front desk CMs, to food and beverage, recreation, mousekeeping and more! We will of course stay there again but maybe when the pool water is warmer!!

Just booked BC CL for Feb. 2-9 for my little ones 7th birthday (on Thursday of that week). Some of you know we were at BC CL the second week of Nov. and on our second day there my MIL passed away and we had to return home. The kids have been asking since we got home when we could go back and we told them maybe next Nov. but we decided they needed this return trip to help with the healing of losing their grandmother. They do not know about the trip and we will surprise them on Christmas with it. Any suggestions on ways to surprise them or anything special we could plan for our trip to surprise them even more. Our little one is still struggling with the loss and I really want him to have a magical birthday at Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter