2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the fitness center nicer than the other deluxe resorts? I used the fitness center at WL alot, so I didn't even look into the BC offerings, assuming it was just like WL.

I know I can't wait to jog around the Boardwalk in the mornings!

We liked it. I have been in GF and AKL and this a notch better....to me. When my SIL asked 13yr old DGS what he liked best about the BC his reply was the 'weight room'. Nice CM's in there also

Just confimed BC Marketplace has our grocery order. What a project I say. But....we did have some great help form Disney CMs.
Teena-could you please pass along our huge thanks to Archie at the front desk, Joan,Jason, and Dwayne at the BC Marketplace. It took lots of calls to get the right people to connect us to the right people that actually knew what was up. The folks I mentioned were professional, helpful, and overall very Disneylike!!
Can't wait until Saturday!!!!

Been out of town for a week. Trying to catch up. Anyone I've missed, I apologize. Just let me know and I'll get you added to the next list. Teena, you are going to have lots of company before you take off for your Christmas cruise.

TiggerFan3590 BC 11/30 – 12/07
Liltoot BC 12/01 – 12/05
MUNUmom BC 12/02 – 12/08
Counselormom BC 12/03 – 12/11
Diseverestfan BC 12/04 – 12/11
Chaoticsweetness BC 12/05 – 12/10
Gmanuaus BC
KB24 BC 12/06 – 12/13
EspressoMom BC 12/07 – 12/13
AimHi BC CL 12/07 – 12/13
LeafsFanNL BC 12/08 – 12/12
That_Australian_Kid BC 12/08 – 12/14
Crazy4wdw BC 12/09 – 12/16
YanJan BC 12/11 – 12/17
Ilovejsparrow BC 12/12 – 12/18
Sara98629 BC 12/15 – 12/19
West&East BC CL 12/18 – 12/23
Gabe’s Mom BC 12/23 – 12/31
Cwnhokie BCV 12/11 – 12/15
DisneyMouser BCV 12/13 – 12/17
Kittycat9 YC CL 11/27 – 12/07
Aerorea YC 11/28 – 12/04
ThreeKMom YC 11/28 – 12/05
Katesdad YC 11/29 – 12/04
Sophie832 YC 12/02 – 12/12
Raspus YC CL 12/03 – 12/10
GaSwan YC
Pamelasu1 YC 12/08 – 12/13
Alisaheather YC 12/09 – 12/15
Cocoabean1 YC CL 12/10 – 12/19
BLTLDZ YC 12/12 – 12/17
Maddiesdaddy YC 12/13 – 12/17
ChrisLMW YC 12/14 – 12/18
Arkansan YC CL 12/16 – 12/21

Hi everyone,
we are three weeks out and I am trying to get us all organized. My dd has asked me to pick up milk and a few other things that will need to be refrigerated. If our room or their villa isn't ready, is there any place at the hotel we can leave it?
Thanks!

Been out of town for a week. Trying to catch up. Anyone I've missed, I apologize. Just let me know and I'll get you added to the next list. Teena, you are going to have lots of company before you take off for your Christmas cruise.

TiggerFan3590 BC 11/30 – 12/07
Liltoot BC 12/01 – 12/05
MUNUmom BC 12/02 – 12/08
Counselormom BC 12/03 – 12/11
Diseverestfan BC 12/04 – 12/11
Chaoticsweetness BC 12/05 – 12/10
Gmanuaus BC
KB24 BC 12/06 – 12/13
EspressoMom BC 12/07 – 12/13
AimHi BC CL 12/07 – 12/13
LeafsFanNL BC 12/08 – 12/12
That_Australian_Kid BC 12/08 – 12/14
Crazy4wdw BC 12/09 – 12/16
YanJan BC 12/11 – 12/17
Ilovejsparrow BC 12/12 – 12/18
Sara98629 BC 12/15 – 12/19
West&East BC CL 12/18 – 12/23
Gabe’s Mom BC 12/23 – 12/31
Cwnhokie BCV 12/11 – 12/15
DisneyMouser BCV 12/13 – 12/17
Kittycat9 YC CL 11/27 – 12/07
Aerorea YC 11/28 – 12/04
ThreeKMom YC 11/28 – 12/05
Katesdad YC 11/29 – 12/04
Sophie832 YC 12/02 – 12/12
Raspus YC CL 12/03 – 12/10
GaSwan YC
Pamelasu1 YC 12/08 – 12/13
Alisaheather YC 12/09 – 12/15
Cocoabean1 YC CL 12/10 – 12/19
BLTLDZ YC 12/12 – 12/17
Maddiesdaddy YC 12/13 – 12/17
ChrisLMW YC 12/14 – 12/18
Arkansan YC CL 12/16 – 12/21

Add us too! December 10 to 16th our first visit to BCV.:banana:

Hi everyone,
we are three weeks out and I am trying to get us all organized. My dd has asked me to pick up milk and a few other things that will need to be refrigerated. If our room or their villa isn't ready, is there any place at the hotel we can leave it?
Thanks!

Yes, Bell Services has refrigeration services available.

We will be at the BC in January from the 20 to the 28th. It is our first stay there and we decided to to club level. We are very excited. :banana: Any other Disers going that week?

I am sad to report that we will no longer be staying at the YC for our upcoming trip.

After looking at the Disney website, a Club Level Garden Suite became available at the Boardwalk. I wanted Club Level all along but nothing had opened up at YC/BC. Here is description of room

The Garden Suites are designed for Honeymooners but can easily accommodate a family of four and are two stories. There are 14 Garden Suites and all but three have private entrance courtyards. The three that do not, have private balconies. The yards are separated by white picket fences that are about 3 feet tall. Each of the front yards are individually landscaped. At the gated entrance to the yard, there is a small decorative bird house with the room number on it. These front yards lead to the one and only entry way of the suite, and are being grown into manicured rose gardens.

There is a living room on the first floor and a bedroom loft on the second floor. The first floor has a TV, 1/2 bath, bread bar, and a queen size sofa bed. The 2nd level loft, in most cases, overlooks the lower level which creates a very large, vaulted ceiling effect. The three with private balconies have more of an actually separate second level. Either way, the second level features an elevated King size bed. Upstairs you will also find an addition TV, and a full bath with a giant Jacuzzi tub that will easily accommodate two people. There is even a third mini TV for viewing while in the Jacuzzi tub.

I am sad to report that we will no longer be staying at the YC for our upcoming trip.

After looking at the Disney website, a Club Level Garden Suite became available at the Boardwalk. I wanted Club Level all along but nothing had opened up at YC/BC. Here is description of room

The Garden Suites are designed for Honeymooners but can easily accommodate a family of four and are two stories. There are 14 Garden Suites and all but three have private entrance courtyards. The three that do not, have private balconies. The yards are separated by white picket fences that are about 3 feet tall. Each of the front yards are individually landscaped. At the gated entrance to the yard, there is a small decorative bird house with the room number on it. These front yards lead to the one and only entry way of the suite, and are being grown into manicured rose gardens.

There is a living room on the first floor and a bedroom loft on the second floor. The first floor has a TV, 1/2 bath, bread bar, and a queen size sofa bed. The 2nd level loft, in most cases, overlooks the lower level which creates a very large, vaulted ceiling effect. The three with private balconies have more of an actually separate second level. Either way, the second level features an elevated King size bed. Upstairs you will also find an addition TV, and a full bath with a giant Jacuzzi tub that will easily accommodate two people. There is even a third mini TV for viewing while in the Jacuzzi tub.

I'll take you off the pin list. Sorry you won't be with us. My friend stayed in one of those suites. They are very nice although she wasn't pleased with how far away it was from the CL lounge. She said she enjoyed being on the CL floor itself much more even though it was just a regular CL room. She ended up hardly ever using the lounge because of the distance.

I hope you enjoy your stay across the lake!!

After looking at the Disney website, a Club Level Garden Suite became available at the Boardwalk. I wanted Club Level all along but nothing had opened up at YC/BC.

I have seen pictures of these Suites and they look beautiful!! I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip & will be very happy with your choice. Enjoy!! :yay:

I have seen pictures of these Suites and they look beautiful!! I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip & will be very happy with your choice. Enjoy!! :yay:

Thanks. Bummer not the be at the YC but DH also said that we have stayed at BC twice before. He also liked the pics.

I'll take you off the pin list. Sorry you won't be with us. My friend stayed in one of those suites. They are very nice although she wasn't pleased with how far away it was from the CL lounge. She said she enjoyed being on the CL floor itself much more even though it was just a regular CL room. She ended up hardly ever using the lounge because of the distance.

I hope you enjoy your stay across the lake!!

Thanks Teena. I am a bit concerned with the distance too to the CL lounge. The main time we will go there though is for breakfast and probably a few snacks as we always return to the hotel during the afternoon. I do know that we will be snacking there when we check in as it will be lunch time.

My boss is at the BW Villas Nov 16-21 so I just moved next to him. :scared1:

My goal was to have been across the lake from him.

Thanks Teena. I am a bit concerned with the distance too to the CL lounge. The main time we will go there though is for breakfast and probably a few snacks as we always return to the hotel during the afternoon. I do know that we will be snacking there when we check in as it will be lunch time.

My boss is at the BW Villas Nov 16-21 so I just moved next to him. :scared1:

My goal was to have been across the lake from him.

Yuck on the boss!!!! When I worked for the law firm in Pennsylvania and came to WDW I would tell my boss I was staying at the BC when I was staying at the GF and vice versa. Keep checking ... you never know what might open at the Y&B.

Those suites are absolutely beautiful!!! Really, the only negative is distance to the lounge. The food selection is entirely different too. I wish you were doing a split stay between Y&B and BW so you could compare offerings for us all! I heard they have made major changes over at BW recently too. I'd love for someone to be able to do a comparison now with all the changes made recently with the offerings at both resorts!

Back from a week in a 2-bedroom villa at BCV. We really enjoyed it, had no issues other than at check in. It was a bit of a complicated situation, and the check-in person just wasn't getting it, but a manager eventually sorted it out.

We did enjoy Stormalong, but also found it a bit convoluted - the pools didn't all join up, so you had to get out of one pool and walk across a deck, or in some cases over a bridge, to get to the next pool. The only way to the pool slide was across the main pathway that runs along the beach, so there you were in your bathing suit being seen by many people not in bathing suits! The walk also got a bit cold, as there was no towel return at the slide, so you couldn't wrap up in a towel for the walk.

We had an Epcot view, which we really enjoyed. We also really liked the hot spa at the quiet pool. In fact, some days we chose the quiet pool just because it was closer and easier. When the kids just wanted to play underwater with their masks, they preferred to be in the quiet pool.

We enjoyed Beaches & Cream twice, but would have liked to be able to eat on the pool deck - I think only the simple things like ice cream cones could be bought at the take-out window - the sundaes had to be eaten inside. OTOH, 3 ladies in our party got to share one of the specialty sundaes and have some girl time without the kids begging for one, because the kids couldn't see us inside! ;)

We never had to wait long for the bus, and the MK bus especially wasn't shared with many other resorts - I think only YC. The AK bus did have a few more stops, but it wasn't terrible. The ticket desk was always helpful.

Yuck on the boss!!!! When I worked for the law firm in Pennsylvania and came to WDW I would tell my boss I was staying at the BC when I was staying at the GF and vice versa. Keep checking ... you never know what might open at the Y&B.

Those suites are absolutely beautiful!!! Really, the only negative is distance to the lounge. The food selection is entirely different too. I wish you were doing a split stay between Y&B and BW so you could compare offerings for us all! I heard they have made major changes over at BW recently too. I'd love for someone to be able to do a comparison now with all the changes made recently with the offerings at both resorts!

I will keep checking. I hadn't thought of the split stay. As of right now, nothing is available. Bummer.

It is unbelievable what you get for the money. It looks like and has equipment like a $50,000 car. And the biggy for us was with the new turbo engine that gets 36 mpg highway, it needs so little maintenance. 6,000 in between oil changes and none of those huge $500+ things at 30,000 and 60,000 miles. We love the service manager at the Clermont Chevy dealer and that's basically why we are buying it. He is amazing and takes such good care of us. If he says it's a great car, then that's all it takes for me. He has never steered us wrong. They are advertising it as a compact and in my mind it is definitely not a compact. In fact, we almost didn't look at it because we thought it would be too small (remember, we have to have lots of room for all that luggage to take to the port for our cruises). But John called us the second one came into their dealership and made us come over to see it. We weren't even thinking about buying a new car (two days later the noise in our family car started so it's perfect timing). The trunk is big and the rear seats fold down too. Once people find out all you get for the price, those things are gonna sell faster than they can make them!

You can tell your bosses at GM that the service manager, John, at Don Mealey Chevrolet in Clermont, Florida, is the reason we are a Chevy family. If all dealers had someone like him looking out for their customers, Chevy would never have a problem selling cars! We won't even deal with the salesmen there ... they are all way too pushy. Poor John ... we tell him if his dealership wants our business, it's him or nobody.

Teena,
I will sure let our client know about Don. Sounds like a great guy and wish we had more of him!!!

I think we have decided to do our Feb trip at the BCV. Looking forward to reading up on the resort. Wondered if you guys could answer some questions.

We will be through CRO not points.

I've read that we do get mousekeeping everyday, does that mean they replace towels or are we still expected to wash them?

Do they provide dishwashing/laundry/dishwasher soap? I will bring my own if this if needed, just didn't know what to pick up in the way of supplies besides salt and pepper and groceries :rotfl:

It says that coffee is provided, is it the same stuff at the mods:eek: We have not heard good things about the in room coffee.

Thanks if you can answer these pressing questions;)

We have a split stay coming up from Nov 20-29th. Five nights in a Grand Villa at Animal Kingdom (our first stay there) and 4 nights at the Beach Club (we have a 2 bedroom and a studio booked). We are DVC members so we stay in the Villas.

This will be our 5th stay at the Beach Club and it is by far our FAVORITE resort :banana: We own 300 pts there and 250 at Animal Kingdom. Had we known what we know now we would probably own all our points at BCV! Last summer we booked a stay late and had to split our stay between the Beach Club and The Boardwalk..... Although the Boardwalk is a real nice resort it was almost like the Beach Club was taunting us from across the lake the 4 days we were away :rotfl: It was horrible, it was like a kid in a candy store who could look at all the candy but couldnt eat any:sad2:

The last two times my wife and I went away alone together......we went to Disney and stayed at the Beach Club......were addicted:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter