1st Alaska Cruise of 2022! Our Honeymoon Cruise 5/16/22 - 5/23/22 (Updated 7/14/22)

Following along!!

We’re finally doing the Alaska cruise we had booked for 2020 in August, and my brain is finally letting me get excited. Hoping to soak up lots of tips from your experiences!
When are you going in August? If it's the 15-22, I started a group chat in the meet and greet section.

Last edited:
This was far and away the most disorganized and un-Disney like part of the trip. The signs were very short and hard to see if people had already started lining up behind them, so be ready to search for yours and then go the back of a line you have already walked past. You line up outside, and we were very lucky that we didn't get rained on. Multiple CMs came by while we were in line to check our arrival forms and make sure we were in the right line.
We were on the same sailing and completely agree.

As for dropping luggage before getting in line for testing, we had the Fairmont bell staff take our luggage over but they were taking luggage from people and then sending them across to the Fairmont for testing.

Hope they are able to smooth out the process for testing.

Great trip report! We were on the cruise after yours so it is so nice to hear about your experiences. We were in room 7068 and had a fantastic time! Can’t wait to read more!

Enjoying everything so far. Embarkation Day sounded a little stressful with the testing and knowing where to go, which line to stand in.

Me and DH are the same as you, we prefer going to one of the restaurants on embarkation rather than Cabanas. Much more peaceful.

We are sailing in September to Alaska for the first time and cannot wait. Actually booked our excursions today as well, so looking forward to seeing which ones you guys did :-)

Snow White!!!! Amazing! We have never seen her on a cruise. I hope she sticks around. My daughter will be thrilled.

Thank you for sharing your experiences! I did have a quick question- how was the post-cruise Covid testing? We are supposed to fly home to the USA at 1:00 PM on the day we arrive back in port; was curious how organized and efficient the post-cruise testing was. We are thinking of changing our flights to the next day to avoid the stress. Any info on your experience would be greatly appreciated :)

We are on the July 4th sailing, so this is very helpful and I am loving reading along! Thank you!🙂

I am so happy to see your report as we sail on the 13th! Thank you for taking the time write it!

We have this same room booked pre and post-cruise, although I am contemplating something else for post-cruise. My husband says I need to not worry about it after waiting so long to take this trip, but I am frugal at heart despite my love of DCL! ;)

Yours is the first recommendation I've seen for a serving team. We're probably too late to request, but I'm tempted!

Can't wait to hear more!
It's my pleasure! I'm frugal everywhere in life except vacation, so I get it. Also yes, get our service team if you can.

Oh, hi! From one of the B2B cruisers. Yes, pretty sure that was us. There were 78 people doing B2B, and we waited in Azure quite some time before they even led us outside. There would have been mutiny if they had put our group behind all the other people! It was very crazy, and hopefully, getting better for future cruises out of Vancouver.
Following along, and if my work doesn't crush me (after being away for nearly 3 weeks), will write a report about our experiences from Hawaii to Vancouver, and the Alaska cruise. :)
Happy Honeymoon!
I knew you people were rabble rousers! Just kidding, I would have felt the same way if we were kept waiting too long. I look forward to your report as well!

We were on the same sailing and completely agree.

As for dropping luggage before getting in line for testing, we had the Fairmont bell staff take our luggage over but they were taking luggage from people and then sending them across to the Fairmont for testing.

Hope they are able to smooth out the process for testing.
I'm glad the Fairmont was offering that service as well.

Great trip report! We were on the cruise after yours so it is so nice to hear about your experiences. We were in room 7068 and had a fantastic time! Can’t wait to read more!
Glad to hear it! Was the embarkation testing the same process as ours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!