145 Middle Schoolers: Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail???DeParting-Such Sweet Sorrow p. 76

You guys snuck in while I was posting!

Tell Ben to come on down and check us out. If he wants to start DISigning we will put him to work :thumbsup2 We are always looking for people to help us out. pixiedust:

I like the comment about finding the money for a trip. :lmao:
Penny:goodvibes

I'll definitely show him the site.

I'll have him get to work on the next Powerpoint.

Dee - fabulous pictures!

I am dying for those dark chocolate carmels!

Unfortunately we never spend as much time in EPCOT as DH and I would like. I'm ashamed to tell you that my kids look at EPCOT as Soaring, Test Track and dinner!

Thanks!

I'm a little ashamed to admit that the caramels make a pretty good breakfast!

When I told Nate that Test Track was down, he said we should skip EPCOT.

:crazy2:

I reminded him about Sum of All Thrills, Club Cool and yummy snacks like Churros and Crepes and he was more interested in a visit there.

I cannot wait to hear more about the Tower of Terror. It is my absolute favorite ride at Disney! I have loved the Twilight Zone since I was very little (what were my parents thinking let me watch those) and to me it is beyond interesting!

So how is trip planning coming or are you still waiting for more convincing? :cool1:

Sounds like a fun Y.E.S. lesson today!
So how's Ben's trip planning coming? Have you decided on a date yet?
Don't you just love peer pressure LOL?? :)
Did you get to see Teena while there?

Some of the pictures are not showing up for me...not sure if it is mycomputer...it happens with this browser off and on.

Slept in. 5:30. :rotfl:

Gotta love an educational program that includes ToT! I will be very curious to see what exactly you learned! That class sounds SOOO cool, Eric would be drooling at the very idea.

Yay for Studios morning! Nothing like a ride on ToT to help those that weren't quite awake yet :goodvibes

That sky in your last picture is pretty ominous looking......is this foreshadowing? popcorn::

Love HS. Great pictures - makes me feel like I'm back there.

I love ToT but it still freaks me out and there is no way I could manage to take a picture on that ride. I admire your greatness! :worship:

Wow - Your ToT pics are awesome! The lighting is great! Love them. I always find that I feel like I'm holding up the line when I take pictures in the inside queue.

I am also not brave enough to hold my camera on the ride because I am too busy pulling myself back into my seat. :rotfl:

Cool experience for the kids to use their observation skills in HS and ToT.

Oh - the 10 reasons to go to Disney was hysterical! :rotfl:

Ahhhh ToT a favorite ride at a favorite park! The WDW version of this ride is so much better than the one at DCA (Dis CA Adventure)! Glad to see that you were able to hang on to your camera during the drops! :thumbsup2

I could imagine the longing look on your face when you saw the Friendship boat! BC/YC just 8 minutes that way! :hyper:

Dee who was your imagineer at DHS? DH met Alex the imagineer this trip and really enjoyed him. He was the lighting imagineer who worked heavily on the ToT and DH said he was fascinating...

1st I love Penny's design! That castle picture is great!

Love that you got to ride ToT. It's one of my favorite rides but my children are absolutely terrified of it. Except Zachary who hasn't been allowed to ride yet because we don't want him to hate it, too. :rotfl:
Great ToT pictures!

Amanda

I cannot wait to hear more about the Tower of Terror. It is my absolute favorite ride at Disney! I have loved the Twilight Zone since I was very little (what were my parents thinking let me watch those) and to me it is beyond interesting!

So how is trip planning coming or are you still waiting for more convincing? :cool1:

I'm not sure I have too much more to say about ToT, but I agree- GREAT RIDE!!! It is unlike any other, including the ones you see at other theme parks that pull you up in the air and free-fall you.

Amazing theming. :worship:

Planning is not coming along so well. Mark did some trip-pricing over the weekend, but we have not found any spectacular deals.

Sounds like a fun Y.E.S. lesson today!
So how's Ben's trip planning coming? Have you decided on a date yet?
Don't you just love peer pressure LOL?? :)
Did you get to see Teena while there?

Much better start to the class today so far. Will it continue?

No date yet- maybe next summer or if our winter vacation does not work out (we want to return to the Barcelo in Mexico), Florida is our backup.

I didn't get to see Teena :(
She was working Monday, but I didn't even land in Florida until after 7. The only free time I potentially had was the two mornings of classes, but it would have been too difficult for Teena to make it to the area in the morning.

Some of the pictures are not showing up for me...not sure if it is mycomputer...it happens with this browser off and on.

Hope the pictures are back for you. I think others are seeing them, although when I read your message, I was at the beach and I couldn't see them either. Maybe it was a temporary glitch.

Slept in. 5:30. :rotfl:

Gotta love an educational program that includes ToT! I will be very curious to see what exactly you learned! That class sounds SOOO cool, Eric would be drooling at the very idea.

Yup, I am a year 'round early riser. Doesn't matter where I am or how much sleep I have had the night before, my body is ready to get up and go between 4:30 and 5.

I was very excited to be starting out at ToT! I was very pleased with the class so far.

Yay for Studios morning! Nothing like a ride on ToT to help those that weren't quite awake yet :goodvibes

That sky in your last picture is pretty ominous looking......is this foreshadowing? popcorn::

I like it- ToT as a caffeine substitute!

The sky don't lie!

Love HS. Great pictures - makes me feel like I'm back there.

I love ToT but it still freaks me out and there is no way I could manage to take a picture on that ride. I admire your greatness! :worship:

I've only been on this attraction a few times, maybe 4-5, but this ride marked several photographic milestones:

These are the best photos I have ever taken of the park through the window

My red-neck ride photos are pretty good. One is almost blurry enough to post here, but I am continuing to stick to the policy of not posting pictures of my traveling companions

The camera was not totally covering my face. I just held it and clicked!

Wow - Your ToT pics are awesome! The lighting is great! Love them. I always find that I feel like I'm holding up the line when I take pictures in the inside queue.

I am also not brave enough to hold my camera on the ride because I am too busy pulling myself back into my seat. :rotfl:

Cool experience for the kids to use their observation skills in HS and ToT.

Oh - the 10 reasons to go to Disney was hysterical! :rotfl:

Thank you so much. We were going through the fast-pass line, so we were moving pretty fast. I have mastered the photos on the move technique. I rarely stop when I am shooting. Plus most of the people around me were from my group.

I keep a pretty tight grip on my camera. The only time I came close to losing my camera was when I taking pictures on a zipline in Mexico.

I really liked the lessons in this class. I loved that the students were told to hyper-focus on the amazing details in the park.

Thanks for the comments on Ben's Powerpoint, and let me know if you need to commission one for him to make for your brother. :rotfl:

Ahhhh ToT a favorite ride at a favorite park! The WDW version of this ride is so much better than the one at DCA (Dis CA Adventure)! Glad to see that you were able to hang on to your camera during the drops! :thumbsup2

I could imagine the longing look on your face when you saw the Friendship boat! BC/YC just 8 minutes that way! :hyper:

I have heard that about the CA version.

I had a pretty good grip on the camera.

And yes, seeing the boat and knowing that that was not how I got there that morning, and knowing what was around the bend... :(

Dee who was your imagineer at DHS? DH met Alex the imagineer this trip and really enjoyed him. He was the lighting imagineer who worked heavily on the ToT and DH said he was fascinating...

I'm glad you asked this. I was wondering that myself. At one point, I had committed his name to memory, but apparently, that only lasted as long as it was projected on the screen.

We watched a Disney modern marvels, and I thought I saw him, but couldn't remember his name!

P1110050.jpg

Here is the picture I have and when I zoom in on his nametag... It IS Alex!

Is this the guy you met? Seems like he is in public relations in addition to Imagineering.

Great Shots:thumbsup2

Thank you!!!

1st I love Penny's design! That castle picture is great!

Love that you got to ride ToT. It's one of my favorite rides but my children are absolutely terrified of it. Except Zachary who hasn't been allowed to ride yet because we don't want him to hate it, too. :rotfl:
Great ToT pictures!

Amanda

Penny did a great job with the DISign.

It stinks when the kids hold you back from rides. Hopefully that too shall pass. Nate was fairly timid until our 2010 trip. Once he rode RockNRollercoaster (now his favorite Disney ride), there is almost nothing he won't try. We call it his threshold coaster.

Ben is still not too keen on Everest or ToT.

I love this update!!! It makes up for the Stitch/Cosmic Rays stuff and the missed caramel pecan bars in Germany! ToT is my favorite ride of all time at both WDW and DL, so this is very interesting and I'm eagerly awaiting your next update. :) I'll see if I can track down my favorite ToT detail photo - it's from DL!

Just booked resorts for October (BC and CR) and January (Poly and BWI) online today, with a series of live chats and phone calls to CRO in between. According to the many CMs I've talked with today, discounts for the fall will appear tomorrow. So stay tuned (and GO BEN!)

I love this update!!! It makes up for the Stitch/Cosmic Rays stuff and the missed caramel pecan bars in Germany! ToT is my favorite ride of all time at both WDW and DL, so this is very interesting and I'm eagerly awaiting your next update. :) I'll see if I can track down my favorite ToT detail photo - it's from DL!

Just booked resorts for October (BC and CR) and January (Poly and BWI) online today, with a series of live chats and phone calls to CRO in between. According to the many CMs I've talked with today, discounts for the fall will appear tomorrow. So stay tuned (and GO BEN!)

This was a MUCH better Disney day so far!!!

Hope you find that picture.

It will be interesting to see the discounts. I know there are is Free Dining out there through Disney Visa now, but I would love to see some hefty resort discounts.

I still think that our best bet for a trip is summer 2013. Maybe February if a tropical trip does not work out.

This is the week we would normally be in Florida (past 3 years we have gone the 2nd week in July) and we have had decent weather for the most part during those trips. But I have to say that it has been a gorgeous week here! Temps in the 80s, low humidity, great for the pool and the beach.

You guys are killing me!

This is what Ben did yesterday. He gathered all of the park maps and wrote out every attraction from each park, with each of our names, so we could rate them 1-10. Then he did the same for restaurants, both CS and TS that we have dined at. Then resorts. And he included US/IoA, too.

Ben is really really needing a Disney fix! :) Love his passion for Disney.

I just told my DH last night that he was right. LOL. When our tripped got postponed for a week because I was sick he suggested we postpone the Disney portion for later in the year and just go ahead with the beach part at Gulf Shores. I didn't want to hear that of course and managed to flip flop the weeks and we still visited Disney. Now that we're home it seems as if I have nothing to look forward to. He was right I was wrong. Then he SHOCKS me and says well we could always go back in November when its our anniversary!!!!!! What the heck! Have I drove the man crazy?! :rotfl:

Looking forward to what other Disney ideas Ben comes up with! :) Go Ben!!!!

Nope ours was a different Alex! Older guy with salt pepper hair and beard to match. I am anxious to hear your take on this DHS YES program. I definately want to do YES next summer and am trying to narrow the classes. This one looked interesting aloong with the marine biologist program at Epcot. popcorn::

But I have to say that it has been a gorgeous week here! Temps in the 80s, low humidity, great for the pool and the beach.

It has! I told DH he should have been on vacation this week. Beach! :thumbsup2

You guys are killing me!

I know:rotfl:- sorry! 2013 isn't that far away. Yesterday my mom said "so you're definately NOT going to Disney next year, right?" I said yeah that's what I'm hearing, why?":mad: She wanted to bank here week for her time share b/c they weren't going in April either. I think they're going with my sister and her family next year in Nov. Wish i could go too. :(

This is what Ben did yesterday. He gathered all of the park maps and wrote out every attraction from each park, with each of our names, so we could rate them 1-10. Then he did the same for restaurants, both CS and TS that we have dined at. Then resorts. And he included US/IoA, too.

:rotfl: Love that kid!!
I can see my DS11 doing something similiar next year.

I need to adopt Ben. We go every June but I was hoping to go back this November as well. DH is like sure if you really want to...DD13 tells me disney feels more special if we only go once a year:confused3. And she only likes to go in June.....So we either go without her in Decembeer or wait until next June. Somehow I can' tsee leaving her behind......Ben and I would travel well together!!!!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter