145 Middle Schoolers: Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail???DeParting-Such Sweet Sorrow p. 76

Too funny that you lost track of the lesson! It was probably a good parenting lesson. Although, I doubt most kids can claim, "I got distracted by people screaming as they were plummeting to the ground!" :lmao:

I've never seen the Victory Garden.

I continue to be amazed at Disney's attention to detail. They make every corner of the park interesting, even if it is somewhere less travelled.

Isn't that garden cute? Especially the scarecrow in the protective gear!

I had never been back there before, and it was such a cute little courtyard.

Too funny that you lost track of the lesson! It was probably a good parenting lesson. Although, I doubt most kids can claim, "I got distracted by people screaming as they were plummeting to the ground!" :lmao:

I'm a bit disappointed in myself. Between not really paying attention during this part of the lesson, and not really remembering a lot of the details from the next portion of our class, these won't be the most informative updates in my report!

Good morning Dee! That scarecrow sure is interesting... since he has an inflatable vest someone should put some water wings on him too - can't be too cautious! Not sure what that gas mask is saying though.... :lmao:

It's definitely distracting having people scream while learnin' is in session. :rolleyes2 Looking forward to the imagineer part.

9. IT'S FUN PLANNING!!!
scan0012-1.jpg

I agree with Ben. It is fun planning! :)

He is currently working on his notebook, planning the itinerary for his imaginary trip.

:rotfl2:

I don't think I've ever noticed the Victory Garden sign before! Enjoyed the updates!

I've seen pictures of the odd scarecrow but never knew where it was. Now I know and I'll have to take pictures myself.

What a cute garden! I've never seen it. :confused3
I think we've decided to stay off-property in August. :( But at least it looks like we're going! :cool1: We can get a 2 bedroom villa (with washer/dryer and full kitchen) at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for $120 per night. Hard to turn down...

Amanda

Heh. Never knew the garden/courtyard was there. Very pretty though. I would have been distracted by ToT as well. Great pictures with all the greenery around it. :thumbsup2

I guess I am not the only one who had never been in that courtyard before.

Good morning Dee! That scarecrow sure is interesting... since he has an inflatable vest someone should put some water wings on him too - can't be too cautious! Not sure what that gas mask is saying though.... :lmao:

It's definitely distracting having people scream while learnin' is in session. :rolleyes2 Looking forward to the imagineer part.

I thought that scarecrow was really cool!

"Hey, could you free falling people over there keep it down. We're trying to learn here!

I agree with Ben. It is fun planning! :)

(planning the itinerary for his imaginary trip) :rotfl2:

I don't think I've ever noticed the Victory Garden sign before! Enjoyed the updates!

OK, I love Disney as much as the next guy. Probably more. Unless the next guy is Ben. I hate to say this but he was driving me crazy last week- following me around with his Disney notebook. Asking questions about Disney all day long. Even I have my limits!

I've seen pictures of the odd scarecrow but never knew where it was. Now I know and I'll have to take pictures myself.

Oh good- I would love to see your family's reaction to the scarecrow.

I was thinking of you this weekend. I thought I saw John on a Disney show! We were watching Disney's Modern Marvels that we have taped. (I have no idea when it originally was made or aired) I was working on something and when I looked up quickly, I saw a guy who looked just like John, walking out of the RnR plaza. Wearing a lime-greenish shirt. I need to go back and look at that part again. I'll let you know what I find.

What a cute garden! I've never seen it. :confused3
I think we've decided to stay off-property in August. :( But at least it looks like we're going! :cool1: We can get a 2 bedroom villa (with washer/dryer and full kitchen) at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for $120 per night. Hard to turn down...

Amanda

I saw your post on your PTR. As much as I hate it that you won't be at the BC, I think the move makes sense. At least you are going to Disney which is really the important thing.

Heh. Never knew the garden/courtyard was there. Very pretty though. I would have been distracted by ToT as well. Great pictures with all the greenery around it. :thumbsup2

I just loved watching the windows open and close.

"Look, there's one open. Now two" "Windows are open on both sides" "They're all closed now"

Shiny!

I definately would have been distracted. I'm sure most of the kids were too.

Bad chaperone, not paying attention!

But the boys were actually engaged in their work. I also have pictures of them writing in their notebooks while I was wandering around.

Three of my favorite pictures were made on ToT! First one is when Pierce (DGS) was 7. Second one 11. Third one 14 (last month). Keep forcing them on it parents. They will love it one day.

100_2211.jpg

073.jpg

beachclubday2125.jpg

I never knew that garden existed either. Wow. I woudl be like you though, snapping pictures and tuning our class. :rotfl:

Three of my favorite pictures were made on ToT! First one is when Pierce (DGS) was 7. Second one 11. Third one 14 (last month). Keep forcing them on it parents. They will love it one day.

100_2211.jpg

073.jpg

beachclubday2125.jpg

Love the pictures, Mike!!!

Looks like I should have my camera trained inside instead of out when we ride ToT!

I think Ben has only been on ToT once (maybe twice), but the last time we went, he made it through the line, only to refuse to ride, so he and my DH took the chicken exit. After Nate and I rode and the lights came on, I screamed "Oh My God, we lost two people!!!"

One of my fellow riders reassured me "Don't worry dear, they didn't ride"

Love the pictures, Mike!!!

Looks like I should have my camera trained inside instead of out when we ride ToT!

I think Ben has only been on ToT once (maybe twice), but the last time we went, he made it through the line, only to refuse to ride, so he and my DH took the chicken exit. After Nate and I rode and the lights came on, I screamed "Oh My God, we lost two people!!!"

One of my fellow riders reassured me "Don't worry dear, they didn't ride"

Oh yeah.....Pierce took the chicken exit more than once. And oh would I give him grief. But he would give it right back to me on Mission Space. No way I'm going Orange on that sucker again.

As you can probably tell Lee Ann is a thrill ride junkie. She starts laughing time the ride(s) starts and doesn't stop till it's over (and then some).

Mike- Great pics!!! Thanks for sharing!
It has been the other way around with some rides and my DS15.
He is a big chicken lol! He has ridden RnRC a couple of times but won't go anymore. Same with EE and Splash.
I really wish he would go on these rides b/c the rest of us love them! I feel so bad that he sits them out but he is completely fine with it.

I guess I am not the only one who had never been in that courtyard before.

I thought that scarecrow was really cool!

"Hey, could you free falling people over there keep it down. We're trying to learn here!

OK, I love Disney as much as the next guy. Probably more. Unless the next guy is Ben. I hate to say this but he was driving me crazy last week- following me around with his Disney notebook. Asking questions about Disney all day long. Even I have my limits!

Oh good- I would love to see your family's reaction to the scarecrow.

I was thinking of you this weekend. I thought I saw John on a Disney show! We were watching Disney's Modern Marvels that we have taped. (I have no idea when it originally was made or aired) I was working on something and when I looked up quickly, I saw a guy who looked just like John, walking out of the RnR plaza. Wearing a lime-greenish shirt. I need to go back and look at that part again. I'll let you know what I find.

I saw your post on your PTR. As much as I hate it that you won't be at the BC, I think the move makes sense. At least you are going to Disney which is really the important thing.

I just loved watching the windows open and close.

"Look, there's one open. Now two" "Windows are open on both sides" "They're all closed now"

Shiny!

Bad chaperone, not paying attention!

But the boys were actually engaged in their work. I also have pictures of them writing in their notebooks while I was wandering around.

Seriously? As many times as we have been to Disney, it wouldn't surprise me if one of us had been caught on camera.

I can see where screaming would be a serious distraction! Pretty funny how little you learned though. :rotfl:

So, what kind of chaperone are you - taking pictures while the kids are having an important lesson in the laws and physics of ToT! :rotfl: Kidding - I would be distracted as well. I really am always curious about the timing of the two elevator shafts. What would happen if the both loaded at ran on the same program at the same time?

Love the ToT pics. I have to admit, I am a sucker for ToT pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter