145 Middle Schoolers: Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail???DeParting-Such Sweet Sorrow p. 76

Oh my gosh Dee! How the heck did you take pictures while on Tower of Terror? I'm always holding onto John for dear life. I can't even imagine trying to take pictures. :eek:

Ben is really really needing a Disney fix! :) Love his passion for Disney.

I just told my DH last night that he was right. LOL. When our tripped got postponed for a week because I was sick he suggested we postpone the Disney portion for later in the year and just go ahead with the beach part at Gulf Shores. I didn't want to hear that of course and managed to flip flop the weeks and we still visited Disney. Now that we're home it seems as if I have nothing to look forward to. He was right I was wrong. Then he SHOCKS me and says well we could always go back in November when its our anniversary!!!!!! What the heck! Have I drove the man crazy?! :rotfl:

Looking forward to what other Disney ideas Ben comes up with! :) Go Ben!!!!

November trip sounds nice!

Wanna take Ben? Wait, he has more offers coming up.

Nope ours was a different Alex! Older guy with salt pepper hair and beard to match. I am anxious to hear your take on this DHS YES program. I definately want to do YES next summer and am trying to narrow the classes. This one looked interesting aloong with the marine biologist program at Epcot. popcorn::

There are two more parts of the HS Y.E.S program. Stay tuned.

The marine bio one sounds really interesting, too.

:rotfl: Love that kid!!
I can see my DS11 doing something similiar next year.

The boy is REALLY persistent!

I need to adopt Ben. We go every June but I was hoping to go back this November as well. DH is like sure if you really want to...DD13 tells me disney feels more special if we only go once a year:confused3. And she only likes to go in June.....So we either go without her in Decembeer or wait until next June. Somehow I can' tsee leaving her behind......Ben and I would travel well together!!!!:rotfl2:

As long as you keep him well-fed, Ben is a great traveling companion.

:goodvibes

Oh my gosh Dee! How the heck did you take pictures while on Tower of Terror? I'm always holding onto John for dear life. I can't even imagine trying to take pictures. :eek:

I haven't ever thought of it until you mentioned it, but maybe taking the pictures helps take the focus off being nervous about the ride.

This is what Ben did yesterday. He gathered all of the park maps and wrote out every attraction from each park, with each of our names, so we could rate them 1-10. Then he did the same for restaurants, both CS and TS that we have dined at. Then resorts. And he included US/IoA, too.

I wish I lived with Ben. My family never indulges me in my wishes to talk on and on about disney. I'd love to rate attractions with Ben. ::yes::

Dee- loving your pictures! Just caught up. You got some great ones in Mexico and some of the best I've seen of TOT - my favorite ride of all time.

This is what Ben did yesterday. He gathered all of the park maps and wrote out every attraction from each park, with each of our names, so we could rate them 1-10. Then he did the same for restaurants, both CS and TS that we have dined at. Then resorts. And he included US/IoA, too.

Sounds like he really, really wants to go to Disney. This also sounds like something I would do. So, besides the Beach Club, which I am guessing was first in the resort category, what else came in first?

Dee. Where was the Ben's Powerpoint. Here or Y&BC. I've had internet problems (too) and can't remember where I saw it and wanted to show Lee Ann. So cool.

I had a proud Disney grandparent moment at MK last month. We were ready to leave as the night time parade was beginning. We were in Adventureland and I told my daughter to just walk through the stores to go out the front of the park and I pointed toward Casey's. Well Pierce proceeded to inform me that we need to go to the other side of the street because if the parade had started we wouldn't be able to get out by the Emporium! I was so proud :goodvibes!

Come stay at BC the last week of August. We'll be there! (Probably, at least!)

Amanda

That is definitely a good time to go. Airfares are not too bad (relatively speaking) that week, and crowd levels tend to be pretty low the week before school starts in most areas.

I wish I lived with Ben. My family never indulges me in my wishes to talk on and on about disney. I'd love to rate attractions with Ben. ::yes::

He would love to hear what you have to say.

He is currently working on his notebook, planning the itinerary for his imaginary trip.

Dee- loving your pictures! Just caught up. You got some great ones in Mexico and some of the best I've seen of TOT - my favorite ride of all time.

Sounds like he really, really wants to go to Disney. This also sounds like something I would do. So, besides the Beach Club, which I am guessing was first in the resort category, what else came in first?

Thanks for your comments about the pictures. I was really happy with the pictures in the ToT line, and I can't believe I captured the ghost family!!!

Ben is hyper-focusing big time. Yesterday he was looking at our pictures from 2010. He saw the pictures from the Concierge Lounge at BC and declared that his favorite restaurant.

(He said previously it was Chef Mickey because they have brownies with sprinkles for breakfast)

His favorite rides are currently Splash Mountain and Spaceship Earth.

He is now working on the best decor at restaurants and in the queue lines.

Dee. Where was the Ben's Powerpoint. Here or Y&BC. I've had internet problems (too) and can't remember where I saw it and wanted to show Lee Ann. So cool.

I had a proud Disney grandparent moment at MK last month. We were ready to leave as the night time parade was beginning. We were in Adventureland and I told my daughter to just walk through the stores to go out the front of the park and I pointed toward Casey's. Well Pierce proceeded to inform me that we need to go to the other side of the street because if the parade had started we wouldn't be able to get out by the Emporium! I was so proud :goodvibes!

I posted the Powerpoint on both the BC/YC thread and here, post 406. But I also sent it to you.

That is awesome about your grandson. You have schooled him well! Thanks for sharing the story.

That is definitely a good time to go. Airfares are not too bad (relatively speaking) that week, and crowd levels tend to be pretty low the week before school starts in most areas.

We have been the last week in August the past 2 years -

LOW crowds!!:thumbsup2

Caught back up. Epcot is gorgeous at night, isn't it? Planning on doing an EMH this trip and can't wait.

Love Ben's enthusiasm. We have a girl's trip with me, DD, my friend and her goddaughter coming up in October and she's already planning on when we can go again as a family with DH and Little DD. :rolleyes2

Finally caught back up! Or at least I thought I had till I saw all the comments about Ben's .ppt and I just had to go back and look.

That. Was. Awesome.

Tell him if, when he gets older, he wants an internship with an internet hosting company let me know. I swear that's WAY more creative than most of my sales reps are able to manage.;) I think "The End is Coming" slide is a very good twist. As was showing the house in SNOW.... just so... you know, it's warm in Florida... in case you forgot. I just love that he did that!:goodvibes

As for the updates themselves, it sounds like things are going better than the encounter with Stitch.

I have to say your pictures of Mexico at night are simply breathtaking! Did you do that w/ your point and shoot or SLR? If the latter, what settings? I've never got shots that nice!

Can't wait to see what the Imagineer had to impart.....

I would show the popcorn icon, but the stupid emoticons are apparently playing musical chairs this week.... (drat you, Mitch!!! Keep your people in line already!!!)

Ahem.

:blush:

Love it! VERY proud moment! :) And Happy Belated Birthday!:bday:

Ben is hyper-focusing big time. Yesterday he was looking at our pictures from 2010. He saw the pictures from the Concierge Lounge at BC and declared that his favorite restaurant.

Love this, too! We're thinking about changing our GV at BC for October to standard CL. We like that restaurant, too! :)

Found the DL ToT photo. Terrible picture - almost embarrassed to post it - but I was moving fast through the line at ToT in DL and wanted to catch it:

f2b3cad6.jpg

We have been the last week in August the past 2 years -

LOW crowds!!:thumbsup2

That's what I thought! Tempting... but I still think we are holding out.

Caught back up. Epcot is gorgeous at night, isn't it? Planning on doing an EMH this trip and can't wait.

Love Ben's enthusiasm. We have a girl's trip with me, DD, my friend and her goddaughter coming up in October and she's already planning on when we can go again as a family with DH and Little DD. :rolleyes2

I love EPCOT at night, but it was REALLY dark in the stretch between China and Germany. I didn't even notice the African outpost going by.

There has been a LOT of Disney talk this week. I'll get a little break next week. Ben is at enviromental camp, so he can discuss Disney with the camp counselors!

Finally caught back up! Or at least I thought I had till I saw all the comments about Ben's .ppt and I just had to go back and look.

That. Was. Awesome.

Tell him if, when he gets older, he wants an internship with an internet hosting company let me know. I swear that's WAY more creative than most of my sales reps are able to manage.;) I think "The End is Coming" slide is a very good twist. As was showing the house in SNOW.... just so... you know, it's warm in Florida... in case you forgot. I just love that he did that!:goodvibes

As for the updates themselves, it sounds like things are going better than the encounter with Stitch.

I have to say your pictures of Mexico at night are simply breathtaking! Did you do that w/ your point and shoot or SLR? If the latter, what settings? I've never got shots that nice!

Can't wait to see what the Imagineer had to impart.....

I would show the popcorn icon, but the stupid emoticons are apparently playing musical chairs this week.... (drat you, Mitch!!! Keep your people in line already!!!)

Ahem.

:blush:

First off, glad to see that you are powered back up. It sounds like you had a pretty long electricity outage.

Thanks for the feedback about Ben's presentation. I'll pass it along. He will love it! He is already telling people that the DISigners want him!

My favorites are the End is Near and the I might do something by accident. But that one may be a bit too close to home! Literally.

Thanks for the love on the Mexico shots. They are from my Lumix point and shoot. I don't own an SLR. I don't ever have much time to take the shots, so it is a stop and click with my point and shoot.

The smilie thing is driving me :crazy2: too! As I posted on someone else's TR, do we really need :drive: on the front page? And where are my dancing bananas!!!

Love it! VERY proud moment! :) And Happy Belated Birthday!:bday:

Love this, too! We're thinking about changing our GV at BC for October to standard CL. We like that restaurant, too! :)

Found the DL ToT photo. Terrible picture - almost embarrassed to post it - but I was moving fast through the line at ToT in DL and wanted to catch it:

f2b3cad6.jpg

I love CL at the BC, but, sorry, it's not my FAVORITE restaurant in all of Disney. It cracked me up that Ben said that.

Thanks for posting the photo. I found myself humming "Always Look at the Bright Side of Life" from Monty Python's Life of Brian.

Now you're humming it, too, aren't you?

You're welcome!

Please don't pick the Muppets theme song. That one is the worst to get out of my brain. (Crap - now I can't stop humming it.)

OK, now you got me humming the Rainbow Connection
Why are there so many rainbows and what's on the other side?.....
:goodvibes:flower3:

Please don't pick the Muppets theme song. That one is the worst to get out of my brain. (Crap - now I can't stop humming it.)

OK, now you got me humming the Rainbow Connection
Why are there so many rainbows and what's on the other side?.....
:goodvibes:flower3:

:rotfl:

I have read that one of the secret music selections on Rip Ride Rocket is Rainbow Connection. We didn't ride this during our Universal stay last year, but I'm dying to try this coaster, and the secret song.

After our plummet, it was time for bathroom breaks (of course!) and I think it started raining. I remember huddling by the bathrooms with our group. But it didn’t last very long.

Donna led us to a little courtyard behind Catalina Eddie’s so the boys could do some work.

I haven’t been back there, but it was a cute area, and we took a moment to look at and discuss the Victory Garden.

P1110034.jpg

P1110035.jpg

P1110036.jpg

P1110037.jpg

The boys were asked to list off the things they had seen in their walk that defined the setting:

Neon
Billboards
Theatre
Old-time cars
Light posts, clocks, street signs

Now, here is the part where I have to admit that my chapter title is misleading. I’m not really sure what the lesson was here because I was not really listening! I was distracted by the Tower. Watching the windows open and shut and listening to the screams!

I took 12 pictures of the Tower from this location!

Here are a few:

P1110023.jpg

P1110026.jpg

P1110027.jpg

P1110030.jpg

P1110031.jpg

P1110032.jpg

I tried to figure out what the students were working on by looking at Nate’s notebook, but I can’t really decipher what it says. It looks like maybe Donna asked the kids how they felt riding the Tower of Terror. And maybe suggestions of how to improve it.

scan0014.jpg

Sorry. I just don’t know! :confused3 But I’m sure the lesson was very valuable!

Next up: We meet an Imagineer

I've never seen the Victory Garden.

I continue to be amazed at Disney's attention to detail. They make every corner of the park interesting, even if it is somewhere less travelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!