11/13/04 Eastern Cruise only We Did It

welcome to our great cruise house_of_princesses i hope you and your DD's have a great cruise.

KYCruiseCrazy, perhaps you could start 'interviewing' each of us one at a time...just some basics....what brought us to DCL, the 11/13 cruise, how many dd's or ds's, how did you get your screen name or tag, you get the pic.

Keeps the thread alive and lets us get to know one another!

Just a thought.

So glad you found us:wave: !

I was just chatting with KY and Hannosmom on AOL IM. Even though we are a small group so far, we are friendly.....LOL .
So sorry to hear of your loss...but glad that you and all those DD's are going to come on the cruise. I suspect you have many wonderful memories but having new happy ones are good, too.

As we go along, hopefully we will learn more about each other....KY is updating his first post as people sign on so we will have an onging tally of our 'crew'. The one thing I notice is that this seems to be a "Princess" dominated group so far......which fits in well with your family!:jester:

Thanks again for answering your pm.......

Hi Vicki!

I'm so glad you all have decided to go on the cruise. We are all looking forward to meeting you and your princesses! If there is anything that you need, anything, please do not hesitate to pm me.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! I know we'll all enjoy the cruise. I have invited some friends and family, asking them to join us. Don't think I'll have too many takers. There seems to be a mystique about cruises in my group. And to top it off everyone seems to think they're expensive. I have 11 months to work on them!

Happy New Year everyone!!!! We are going on our cruise THIS YEAR!!!!!

I can't wait!!!

I would love to get to know more about everyone as we go through the next 11 months in preparation for our cruise!!!

We are flying out of Boston on Delta's Song, but the earliest that we could get to MCO on Saturday morning was 11:44. My sister called DCL and they said that as long as we were scheduled to arrive before noon we should be all set. Here's to hoping that they are right! Mom and Dad can get to the port early and make our ressies, so we should be OK. It seems real now....
::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo princess: princess: princess:

I have my airfare, too:wave2:!

We are using FF miles as we are going to be in Aruba the week before...look for us, we will be the suntanned, relaxed looking ones! Because we are comming from out of the country, we will arrive the night before....I was going to priceline a room at the airport, but I saw a post that people are getting MCO Hyatt for $25+fees=$34 thru Hotwire...when I checked with HW for our dates it was $62.(edited to add apparently this was a 'fluke' and the rate was only available for about 12 hours....so I might go the priceline route or book directly)

I think I will keep my eye on that rate to come down. Since we arrive at MCO around 8, it would be sooooo convenient to just drop off our bags, grab a rental car, go to Downtown Disney for a late supper and become "Disney-fied":jester:!!!

I want to be able to stop at the market on the way to the port - return the rental car and be at the dock by 11ish......
....and thanks to these boards, I have booked a day room at the Hyatt for after the cruise - $60 - with a 10 a.m. check-in, 6 p.m. check-out for our 6:50 flight back to NY...DISers are the GREATEST!!!!

auntie, several of us have been chatting via AOL IM - pm me if you want to be added to our "DIS Cruiser" IM group.......

oh! I am so Jealous!!! I want my airfare now!!!!
We fly out of Manchester NH, and the only one with a direct flight is Southwest. I probably won't be able to get my tickets until the summer! :(
Oh well, It's something else to look forward to I guess.
We are going to be going down on the Thursday before our cruise. We don't really know where we are staying or what we are doing since we can't seem to make up our minds. We WANT to do Seaworld (in theory) since we love it and it's been a while, but on the other hand, can we really be in Florida and not visit Disney?? We have almost decided to stay at the Pop Century and decide later what park we will go to....
(Its not like we won't have time to decide later!:D

Feenie,

We are planning on flying Southwest out of Manchester, NH as well. If all goes well, we are going to fly out on Wednesday morning and stay at AKL for a couple of nights so that our DD can get her Disney Fix!

Guess I will be waiting for that airfare with you!!!!

It is so exciting to see everyones' plans coming together...but it makes it 'real' when you get those plane tickets! I believe Hannosmom is also waiting for Southwest.

Does everyone know that the lowest fares on the Southwest website are Tuesday thru Thursday? And that they go up on Friday and then down again on Tuesday>>>>> And that if you don't see the lowest fare available, wait and try agian later the same day...many times they open up more lower fare seats later in the day ...or night.

:jester: I love this little guy!:jester:

grayfal
i know that hanno is having to wait for a few cause southwest dont have those dates yet. well its all about getting excited and waiting now. we are down to almost 300 days til the cruise. cant wait. i get to stay at the radisson close to the port.woohoo ill be dropping off the family at DCL at 10 am and i should be back at port by 11. hope to see everyone there

Hey,
I don't have AOL IM, I guess I am not that computer advanced yet!

In November we also flew out of Manchester, NH, but I flew Delta with a connection. It wasn't bad, and I got a rate of $170 pp. Couldn't pass that up. I don't fly Southwestern because I hate the "cattle call" to board, and I can't wait until 4 months out. I guess I am anal like that. I like to have all my chickens in a row...that is why I booked as soon as I could (331 days out)...Plus, traveling with three little ones, I wanted to make sure we got seated together.

Originally posted by Favorite Auntie
Hey,
I don't have AOL IM, I guess I am not that computer advanced yet!
I sent you an email.......AOL IM is REALLY easy, you will see.
I am TUGmom2 because in my other life I hang out on the Timeshare Board:jester:

I think we'll have to get on AOLIM as well.....as soon as I'm registered, we'll let everyone know......

Sent you a PM about AOL IM....Boy, that is a lot of initials!!!LOL!!!

....that was great chatting the other night.....I'll try to stay on as much as possible.....

10 months to go..........

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter