•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Hi fellow CCV owners! What are your thoughts on Riviera and reflections relating to ccv availability ? Do you think more people will try to go there instead? Looking at how studio availability has been at CC is making me hope new resorts will maybe free up some space
No. The more points they sell the less easy it is to get a studios as the prices, being so high, many folks are buying smaller contracts and can only book studios.

Last edited:
Hi fellow CCV owners! What are your thoughts on Riviera and reflections relating to ccv availability ? Do you think more people will try to go there instead? Looking at how studio availability has been at CC is making me hope new resorts will maybe free up some space
I am optimistic that once Riviera opens and becomes the "new thing" there may be a little less demand at Copper Creek. This may be even more true as Reflections opens because it should be more similar in theme and style to Copper Creek. I know that availability at the DVC resort that is currently being sold is limited to what has been declared, so once Copper Creek is fully declared and then sold out things might settle down a bit, especially in the home resort booking window as there aren't as many new Copper Creek owners looking to stay right away. Also any new off-site purchasers who just want DVC at WDW will wind up at the other resorts instead of Copper Creek, where they are now.
In reality I'm not sure that any of this will make it much easier to get a studio at Copper Creek, especially in a high demand time, but there's always the option to save up for a 1 or 2 bedroom or even consider staying at a less desirable resort. For me I hope it doesn't come to that second option any time soon.

I’m pretty sure I jinxed myself. My mother is now no longer able to come on the trip. We found out today that her carotid arteries are critically blocked and she needs surgery ASAP so likely Friday. But then she will need a second surgery since they can’t do both sides at the same time. This really stinks bc we had the worst 2018 my dad (65)passed away 10 months ago today and my brother (31years old) passed 8 months ago today leaving behind a now 16 month old and a 4 week old he never met. My mom wants me to still go bc this trip is my father in laws what we are calling “wish trip” he is elderly and in poor health and his wish is to goto disneyworld one last time (he hasn’t been in probably 20 years or so) so this a a very special trip for him. My mom doesn’t want me to reschedule since his health is finally stable enough for this trip. We were worried about him The whole time and now my mom is the one with medical issues. Ughh sorry venting please send prayers.
Keeping you and your family in my prayers. Disney really does make things better so look forward to a return trip with your mom.

It certainly would t keep ME away from CCV!

Delurking to say “we’re home”! We’ve been DVC since 2008 at SSR, but fell in love with WL during a stay in 2009, and couldn’t pass up an opportunity to add on at CC during our last Disney Cruise. We have our first stay planned for December 2019, and I’m positively giddy over getting to see WL decked out for the holidays.

:welcome: and Congrats! So excited for you! Isn’t the Lodge beautiful?! It’s wonderful being able to call it ‘Home!’ What is your UY and what month did you buy? I can add you to Page 1!
PS - your American Eskimo is beautiful! I had a sweet girl, named Chewey (Chewbacca). I miss her :(

*WELCOME HOME!*

:welcome: and Congrats! So excited for you! Isn’t the Lodge beautiful?! It’s wonderful being able to call it ‘Home!’ What is your UY and what month did you buy? I can add you to Page 1!
PS - your American Eskimo is beautiful! I had a sweet girl, named Chewey (Chewbacca). I miss her :(

*WELCOME HOME!*

Duke is quite the handsome boy (and he knows it). We have two other Eskies as well (Luke and Holly). Our UY is in June to align with our SSR points, and we just added on a week ago!

Hi!!! We just booked our 1st official trip “home” and we’re so excited!! We bought into the Poly and CCV in Jan 2018 and went to Aulani in September. But Nov 13-20 we get to come “home” and I’m so excited! It’s also the 1st time we’ve been able to convince my parents to come with us(we’ve been 5 times) and I am so over the moon, I cry every time I think about them walking into the lobby :cloud9: I’ll be hanging out on the Dis a lot, while planning, so be prepared for some DVC noob questions :rotfl:

I'm so sorry to hear that. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Perhaps a planning a return trip with your mother will make it easier for you both, and that way she can share in the excitement from this trip as well despite not being able to go. These are the kinds of things in life that Disney is such a great distraction from, but life is never so simple. I'm hoping for a much better 2019 for you, starting with some time in WDW.
Thank you

I am optimistic that once Riviera opens and becomes the "new thing" there may be a little less demand at Copper Creek. This may be even more true as Reflections opens because it should be more similar in theme and style to Copper Creek. I know that availability at the DVC resort that is currently being sold is limited to what has been declared, so once Copper Creek is fully declared and then sold out things might settle down a bit, especially in the home resort booking window as there aren't as many new Copper Creek owners looking to stay right away. Also any new off-site purchasers who just want DVC at WDW will wind up at the other resorts instead of Copper Creek, where they are now.
In reality I'm not sure that any of this will make it much easier to get a studio at Copper Creek, especially in a high demand time, but there's always the option to save up for a 1 or 2 bedroom or even consider staying at a less desirable resort. For me I hope it doesn't come to that second option any time soon.
Same here! We bought planning on staying at studios but we banked so we can stay at a 1 or 2 bedroom next time...May need more points in the future haha

Same here! We bought planning on staying at studios but we banked so we can stay at a 1 or 2 bedroom next time...May need more points in the future haha
A noob question but how do you add on more points? We just started our contract last October and if it matters, April is our UY

A noob question but how do you add on more points? We just started our contract last October and if it matters, April is our UY

You can either call your guide and add on direct, or look on the resale market for another contract that matches your use your UY! You do not have to add on at the same resort if you do not want to, but having matched use years definitely makes things a lot easier. Good luck, adding on is addicting!

Last edited:
You can either call your guide and add on direct, or look on the resale market for another contract that matches your use your UY! You do not have to add on at the same resort if you do not want to, but having matched use years definitely makes things a lot easier. Good luck, adding on is addicting!
Yep, and it's worth noting in case you didn't know, that if you do choose a different resort to add on, then you would have two home resorts, each capable of booking 11 months out at that particular resort. However, you can't use the second resort's points to book the first at 11 months. . .if that makes sense. For example, if you own 150 points at Copper Creek and then add on 100 points at BLT, you could book CC at 11 months and/or BLT at 11 months. But, you can't book BLT at 11 months and swing your points over from CC to have 250 total at that time. You'd have to wait until the 7-month point to use CC at BLT and vice versa. Clear as mud? pirate:

Last edited:
Yep, and it's worth noting in case you didn't know, that if you do choose a different resort to add on, then you would have two home resorts, each capable of booking 11 months out at that particular resort. However, you can't use the second resort's points to book the first at 11 months. . .if that makes sense. For example, if you own 150 points at Copper Creek and then add on 100 points at BLT, you could book CC at 11 months and/or BLT at 11 months. But, you can't book BLT at 11 months and swing your points over from CC to have 250 total at that time. You'd have to wait until the 7-month point to use CC at BLT and vice versa. Clear as mud? pirate:
Got it! Thanks guys. We should probably wait until more of this first contract is paid off but I def see us buying more. Our contract is pretty small.

Hi!!! We just booked our 1st official trip “home” and we’re so excited!! We bought into the Poly and CCV in Jan 2018 and went to Aulani in September. But Nov 13-20 we get to come “home” and I’m so excited! It’s also the 1st time we’ve been able to convince my parents to come with us(we’ve been 5 times) and I am so over the moon, I cry every time I think about them walking into the lobby :cloud9: I’ll be hanging out on the Dis a lot, while planning, so be prepared for some DVC noob questions :rotfl:

*I forgot to post my details the right way to join the owners line up!

luvmychaos*Jan 2018*April

luvmychaos: 11/13-11/20 1st stay as owners!

View attachment 378207 Just checked out today from CCV 6111, a studio with walk-in shower. DH and I love WL, and CCV itself is lovely. Hopefully we’ll be able to swap in again next year. Here’s the view from our balcony, turning toward the lake.

That's a much better view than I imagined you would have from the location of those rooms, thanks for sharing.

*I forgot to post my details the right way to join the owners line up!

luvmychaos*Jan 2018*April

luvmychaos: 11/13-11/20 1st stay as owners!

:welcome:and Congrats!! Happy you found us! November is a great time to go, we love it! Don’t be afraid to ask questions!! That’s what we’re here for!! I’m sure your parents will love WL! It’s hard not to be amazed by the lobby!! I’ll be sure to get you up on Page 1!

*WELCOME HOME!*

That's a much better view than I imagined you would have from the location of those rooms, thanks for sharing.

Well, looking straight out from the balcony meant looking into a tree, lol, but sitting out there it really was a nice view!

Well, looking straight out from the balcony meant looking into a tree, lol, but sitting out there it really was a nice view!

Having bought at CCV I've never actually stepped foot in Wilderness Lodge yet so I have to live vicariously through others till June. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter