ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I join in too!?! We are booked Aug 15 - 23 at AoA in a Little Mermaid room. We cannot wait. This is our third trip in August. We love to go at the end of the summer right before the kids go back to school!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I gave in to the deluxe resort :) Just switched from POR to the Beach Club- looks gorgeous, can't wait to stay there!

I gave in to the deluxe resort :) Just switched from POR to the Beach Club- looks gorgeous, can't wait to stay there!

I am so happy to hear that you switched to deluxe!! You will LOVE the Beach Club.

beachmama3 said:

Congrats!! I can't decide which between beach club, boardwalk and AKL... Any tips?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I am so happy to hear that you switched to deluxe!! You will LOVE the Beach Club.

I know it's far away, but I am already sooooo excited about it! Today was my birthday, so that was my gift to myself! haha!!! (Plus my husband gave in, so I changed the res before he changed his mind!)

Congrats!! I can't decide which between beach club, boardwalk and AKL... Any tips?

I actually called to book the Boardwalk and the CM totally talked me into BC- bigger extra bed, she raved about the pool, and it was actually cheaper than the Boardwalk (only by $100, but still). My boys were thrilled when I showed them pics of Stormalong Bay!

Awesome! I am thinking about doing a split stay with 3 days BC and 9 days AKL. DS has already informed me that he is not going down the Jib slide because it's scary:rotfl:

SenecaWolf said:
:welcome: new August friends!! :thumbsup2

Meloramelora, I updated the resort list with your dates.

To everyone else, if I've overlooked your dates please let me know!

So guess what everybody...3 months from today is Christmas!! :santa: I suppose I better start my lists and shopping LOL.

I didn't see myself on the list.. Not a big deal, but it gives me a little smile seeing my dates in print.. Lol. Thanks for doing this by the way. I see you are from my area. :-)

usd2bmd said:
I didn't see myself on the list.. Not a big deal, but it gives me a little smile seeing my dates in print.. Lol. Thanks for doing this by the way. I see you are from my area. :-)

My apologies, I took from your post that the days were tentative. I'll add ya to the list tomorrow when I'm at my computer :) I'm just a little outside the southtowns in Angola.

Oh, and I'll be at CBR during that time too!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

Can I join in too!?! We are booked Aug 15 - 23 at AoA in a Little Mermaid room. We cannot wait. This is our third trip in August. We love to go at the end of the summer right before the kids go back to school!

:party: :welcome: :party:

Glad to have you with us!! We were AOA with the fishie girl too, but changed to POP incase there are discounts announced later which may be more likely in POP then AOA.
But we will be eating breakfast at AOA - menu is MUCH better then POP.

Hey all.... YAY i found this thread. I'll be in WDW August 25 - 31... right now ressie at POP but i might be switching to CBR...... First time I'm going in Aug.

For you that have gone the last week of Aug. What do you think? What should I expect? I have gone in May, June and January.... worst time was June....

mari360 said:
Hey all.... YAY i found this thread. I'll be in WDW August 25 - 31... right now ressie at POP but i might be switching to CBR...... First time I'm going in Aug.

For you that have gone the last week of Aug. What do you think? What should I expect? I have gone in May, June and January.... worst time was June....

Welcome!! I'll add your dates to the list soon.
We just went the last week in August and when we weren't worried about the hurricane it was very humid. We got the outside edge of Isaac for a couple days which kept it comfortable, on the final day it rained all morning but was beautiful by afternoon. Once Isaac was past it was HOT! We did early EMH at MK and got a lot done, had lunch at Caseys and left the park by 12:30. It was sunny, cloudless and sooo humid. The misting fans weren't of any help so I'm investing in the Frogg Toggs for next years trip.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

Happy Friday Team!! Hope everyone has a great weekend.:thumbsup2 Still pondering resorts for next Summer- what to do-what to do!?!?

Anyhoo, my DD14 is going on her first date tonight:eek: (dinner and a movie w/ a boy I have dubbed "Eddie Haskel":rolleyes2) Im spending my Friday night hiding in the bushes in the parking lot of the Red Lobster w/ binoculars. Wish me luck:cool2::magnify:

Happy Friday Team!! Hope everyone has a great weekend.:thumbsup2 Still pondering resorts for next Summer- what to do-what to do!?!?

Anyhoo, my DD14 is going on her first date tonight:eek: (dinner and a movie w/ a boy I have dubbed "Eddie Haskel":rolleyes2) Im spending my Friday night hiding in the bushes in the parking lot of the Red Lobster w/ binoculars. Wish me luck:cool2::magnify:

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I would be doing the same thing.....Wish I could come over and help you spy!!!! :thumbsup2

I still cannot decide where to stay *sigh* But I have decided on all my places I want to make ADRs so I am making a little progress;)

I know you are so nervous about DDs date.

Mom and I went over some menus and discussed ADRs. Olivia's at Old Key West - for the namesake of my older daughter and it has a great menu. We are looking to do dinner with Chip and Dale in Epcot at the Garden Grill. The reviews were a mix of food was good/food was bland; she thought it sounded like good home comfort food. I want to eat at the Brown Derby in Epcot, she thought the menu sounded snobby. When can we afford to eat snobby food but at Disney on the meal plan??
Anyone done DTD with the 7-10 set? Aside from shows we can't afford and likewise with the shopping what does DTD have to offer kids? Mom and I want to eat at Captain Jack's Rest. but to go all the way there just for a meal? Is it worth the trip from POP?
I never thought ADRs wold be so time consuming. We spent 45 mins and read reviews & menus on 4 restaurants. But it was fun!

I Love going to DTD. There is much to see and do there. If you have yourpark tix with water park and more you get go into Dis quest. It's like a HUGE arcade. My dd 7 LOVES it there. I would def suggest going to DTD your kids will love it there.

Loreli said:
Mom and I went over some menus and discussed ADRs. Olivia's at Old Key West - for the namesake of my older daughter and it has a great menu. We are looking to do dinner with Chip and Dale in Epcot at the Garden Grill. The reviews were a mix of food was good/food was bland; she thought it sounded like good home comfort food. I want to eat at the Brown Derby in Epcot, she thought the menu sounded snobby. When can we afford to eat snobby food but at Disney on the meal plan??
Anyone done DTD with the 7-10 set? Aside from shows we can't afford and likewise with the shopping what does DTD have to offer kids? Mom and I want to eat at Captain Jack's Rest. but to go all the way there just for a meal? Is it worth the trip from POP?
I never thought ADRs wold be so time consuming. We spent 45 mins and read reviews & menus on 4 restaurants. But it was fun!

The Lego store was a blast. We spent 2 hours there and ended up buying $30 of Lego, including 3 Lego dudes the kids created. They made Lego cars and raced them outside, built Lego in the room at the back... It was great! And Wolfgang puck express? YUMMY! I dream about their 4 cheese pesto pizza!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter