ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh....August is soooooo far away!! :goodvibes

I can't even plan park days or anything yet *sigh*

Kinda thinking about doing an Illuminations cruise, anyone tried that? Going to be my sisters first (and probably only) time going so trying to think of some special things to do.

We haven't done any of the firework cruises but I think it would be a neat way to see them! I am planning to try the dessert party next year, not sure if it will be worth it but at least I can cross it of my Disney bucket list.:cool1:

The dessert party is now officially our tradition! We don't eat $26 worth of desserts each but being able to relax, nibble and have a great view with no crowds is so worth it! Also Tink flying overhead is sooo cool!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

Hello Fellow Disers!! We are going within the first 2 weeks of August for 11 days. Have to wait until the fall school schedule is out to confirm. We missed disney 2012 but we are ready for 2013:cool1::cool1: We cannot wait!!

I'm still trying to decide what resort to choose. I am so torn between all the resorts. I am thinking about staying deluxe but there are so many to choose from:goodvibes

Oh my gosh....August is soooooo far away!! :goodvibes

I can't even plan park days or anything yet *sigh*

Kinda thinking about doing an Illuminations cruise, anyone tried that? Going to be my sisters first (and probably only) time going so trying to think of some special things to do.

Seriously, August is soooo far away!! I have a countdown on my phone and I can't bear to look at it! It's at 330 days! haha!

I haven't done an Illuminations cruise, but I have had a few people tell me it was a little far away to have a good view. I think I'd rather be right there in World Showcase to see it. We did the Wishes fireworks cruise in 2010 and it was AMAZING. I def want to book the dessert party for next year though!

Hello Fellow Disers!! We are going within the first 2 weeks of August for 11 days. Have to wait until the fall school schedule is out to confirm. We missed disney 2012 but we are ready for 2013:cool1::cool1: We cannot wait!!

I'm still trying to decide what resort to choose. I am so torn between all the resorts. I am thinking about staying deluxe but there are so many to choose from:goodvibes

Hi!! I am right there with you! I am booked for POR on Aug 18th, but if things remain the same at the school I teach at (if I don't have to switch grade levels/classrooms) I may switch dates/resorts. LOVED the Poly when we ate there a couple of weeks ago. My sister was a fan of AKL and we both loved WL. And if we join DVC, we will have our home resort be BLT...It is a hard choice!! Good luck with your planning!

We switched our Christmas 2013 days around...going to go earlier, in early November. Can not wait to book that! Anyone else planning Nov/Dec 13 also?

Beachmama3, I am thinking of booking POR as well. We loved it on our first visit only we would make sure we get preferred. THat walk to the food court was brutal in the hot sun :rotfl2: I am also surprising DS with a november trip, his birthday in Nov. 14. I just have to keep my big mouth shut.:hyper:

Hi all!!! :wave2: First, I must say I agree with whomever said the view from an Illuminations cruise isn't very good. We did this in 2010 and I wasn't impressed.

Well, I'll be staying at POR too in preferred, requesting AB section. We'll see what happens. I want to be close to the food court for the mug refills. I'm planning on booking the Wishes Dessert party, too. Is that on the DDP? I'll have to look it up. I think we have plenty of time.

I've already made up my mousekeeping and tip envelopes. I'm obsessed, I know. I just think it will be easier to fill one with each paycheck than to try to get $200 altogether for tips.

Victoriasmom98 said:
Hi all!!! :wave2: First, I must say I agree with whomever said the view from an Illuminations cruise isn't very good. We did this in 2010 and I wasn't impressed.

Well, I'll be staying at POR too in preferred, requesting AB section. We'll see what happens. I want to be close to the food court for the mug refills. I'm planning on booking the Wishes Dessert party, too. Is that on the DDP? I'll have to look it up. I think we have plenty of time.

I've already made up my mousekeeping and tip envelopes. I'm obsessed, I know. I just think it will be easier to fill one with each paycheck than to try to get $200 altogether for tips.

It is not on the dining plan. Reservations open up about 2 months before. It's prepay and the tables are assigned. The earlier you reserve the closer your table to the front. We reserved on the day reservations opened and we were at table 101. 1 table over from the desserts and with a perfect view of the castle.

I believe for April I paid about $77 for the 3 of us, I'm not sure of the price for August.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

Senecawolf - the Illuminations cruise is not worth it, at least I thought that. You don't have a great view of the show really and it was raining when I went on one, so that kind of made it worse. I did like the fun facts our captain gave us, and that was pretty much it.

Beachmama3, I am thinking of booking POR as well. We loved it on our first visit only we would make sure we get preferred. THat walk to the food court was brutal in the hot sun :rotfl2: :

Brutal is right!!:( wev'e been home since Aug. 25th and and my left foot still isnt back to normal! Our room might as well have been in Toledo:rotfl2: I cant believe after so many visits to POR that I cheaped out and didnt pay for pref. Never Again, my friend:crazy2:

Dont know where we're staying yet- but I want to rent points from an owner and stay in a 2-BR villa:worship: Thats the goal:blush:

Happy Dysfunctional Family Friday btw~for those that have been on this thread a while-you know what that means::yes::......Mom and Dad are coming for dinner Sunday. 5 hours of her telling me that my DD's rooms a mess and that she hates my curtains :lmao:

Cheers!!:cheer2:

Brutal is right!!:( wev'e been home since Aug. 25th and and my left foot still isnt back to normal! Our room might as well have been in Toledo:rotfl2: I cant believe after so many visits to POR that I cheaped out and didnt pay for pref. Never Again, my friend:crazy2:

Dont know where we're staying yet- but I want to rent points from an owner and stay in a 2-BR villa:worship: Thats the goal:blush:

Happy Dysfunctional Family Friday btw~for those that have been on this thread a while-you know what that means::yes::......Mom and Dad are coming for dinner Sunday. 5 hours of her telling me that my DD's rooms a mess and that she hates my curtains :lmao:

Cheers!!:cheer2:

Penny, we ALL hate your curtains!!!!! :lmao:

I'm just kidding.....I've never seen your curtains, but I'm sure they are nice. Just wanted you to feel the love!!! :lovestruc

Is this where we all hang out these days?! Hi again friends!:wave2:

I've had some Disney burnout since I got home. We have a week of vacation the last week of February and had planned to go to Disney and stay at POR and to be honest I am more than a little "meh" about it.
I think it's too soon to be planning again for me. Which is unfortunate for me because discounts will be coming out soon and I've only booked 2 adr's!

I just keep thinking I want to go on a cruise. And then I argue with myself because the kids want to go back to Disney and it will be our last chance to use the AP's. Also, the only disney cruises for our dates are WAY too expensive. I could go on Celebrity or Royal Caribbean for about two thousand less:eek:

So with all that said I have no idea what we're doing in February, and we want to go to the mountains next August. I guess I have no reason to be in this thread at all except that I like all of you guys so that's enough reason for me:rotfl:

Awe......hi Pigletto!!!! Yep, this is where all the crazies are so you might as well be here too!!!! When I first got home I was meh about next year, too, but now I'm full on planning mode! Please hang out with us even though you aren't going in August. :thumbsup2

I am joining in. We are planning on being in WDW August 23rd - 30th next year. Those dates are subject to change slightly. It will be 4 years since our last trip so I am dying right now to be there. I have files on the computer for everything; stuff to do on the trip down (we will most likely be driving for the first time), things I want to buy while there, places we will eat, you name it I have a list or file for it.

We will be staying at CBR and bringing my DD's BF with us. August is our usual time to be there, It's the perfect way to end the summer and there is always (or at least has always) been the bonus of FD.

Looking forward to discussing our plans with you all. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Beachmama3, I am thinking of booking POR as well. We loved it on our first visit only we would make sure we get preferred. THat walk to the food court was brutal in the hot sun :rotfl2: I am also surprising DS with a november trip, his birthday in Nov. 14. I just have to keep my big mouth shut.:hyper:

I am booked for a preferred...we stayed in a preferred room for the first time last month and the walk was sooooo much shorter! Definitely worth it.

My November trip is also a surprise for my boys! I want them to be able to see all of the Christmas stuff for the first time...I know I will end up blurting out something before we go, but we'll see how long I can make it.

Well we just talked it out and the February trip is a go!:thumbsup2
It will be our last with the annual passes and it makes zero sense to go somewhere else when we have that expense covered. Plus, I know I will be excited when the time comes. Right now I am just busy with other things and it's only been 3 weeks so I just need some time:)

I really really want to stay at POR but it might be that a Value resort is what is in the budget so I'll make a few choices and change my mind 52 times:rotfl:

We might even rent points for AKL again. I just love it there.
So there you have it, Pigletto is going back to Disney, changing her mind 62 times and breaking all the rules by planning a February trip in the August thread:rotfl2:

Beachmama I invite you to be a rebel and plan your November trip in here too!:)

I am joining in. We are planning on being in WDW August 23rd - 30th next year. Those dates are subject to change slightly. It will be 4 years since our last trip so I am dying right now to be there. I have files on the computer for everything; stuff to do on the trip down (we will most likely be driving for the first time), things I want to buy while there, places we will eat, you name it I have a list or file for it.

We will be staying at CBR and bringing my DD's BF with us. August is our usual time to be there, It's the perfect way to end the summer and there is always (or at least has always) been the bonus of FD.

Looking forward to discussing our plans with you all. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Hi Maureen and welcome to Team August. If this thread is anything like our 2012 thread, you will love it here! Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. You sound like you will fit right in with your many lists. :wave2:

I really really want to stay at POR but it might be that a Value resort is what is in the budget so I'll make a few choices and change my mind 52 times:rotfl:

So there you have it, Pigletto is going back to Disney, changing her mind 62 times and breaking all the rules by planning a February trip in the August thread:rotfl2:

SHE IS NOT KIDDING, PEOPLE!!!! Love ya Pigletto......and who am I to talk, I've already changed my ressie from CBR to POR within the first week of booking!!! :lmao:

SHE IS NOT KIDDING, PEOPLE!!!! Love ya Pigletto......and who am I to talk, I've already changed my ressie from CBR to POR within the first week of booking!!! :lmao:

:lmao: When we went in 2011, I changed resorts 5 times. I am currently deciding on ADRs so I can be ready to go in Februrary:surfweb:

Victoriasmom98 said:

Pigletto is inspiring me to change resorts too! I really want a deluxe for the deluxe dining plan. Now to decide before February so I plan ( and change!) my ADR's. POR Riverside was gorgeous but we didn't book preferred and it was way to far to the food court. And suggestions on the best, yet not too expensive, deluxe?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter