ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking forward to the groceries answer. I want to have food delivered too.
Glad to hear that the LM rooms at AoA aren't really that far away and ppl have found them to be a good experience. We are hoping for the April/May discount to include them.
In an effort toward full disclosure: I am spending too much time here and looking for info online. I have found lot of cool info, most recently maps of POP and AoA. Plus more info on other resorts we can't afford to stay at but would love to see.
And here's the rub - I need to finish knitting a baby blanket, hat and booties for a friend who's shower is on the 14th, and I have to mail the gift to her as it's too far away to attend in person. Oh this Disney planning addiction!!! :confused: how do I manage life and planning? Must control urges to google, must control urges to call distant cousin who does WDW every year and is mailing 2 books of info to Mom. Must get kids breakfast, get off this thread and get to work....Oh, I have to get dressed too. :drive: 45 mins to work...wish it was a train commute and I could google on my phone but I drive. :sad:
No one else in my life would understand this conflict. Thanks for reading :blush:

Hello my buddies!! Question for you all.....I'm trying to see if I can order groceries for our trip and Wal-Mart is saying "we don't deliver to that zip code yet"...HUH???!!! I know some of you have had packages sent to your resorts. What am I doing wrong. It is under "Wal-mart to Go" isn't it? :confused3

I had to see what Wal-Mart to Go was! Just the regular Wal-Mart website has bottled water, cereal, granola bars... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is what most people use. We have also used Amazon.com or Soap.com. We usually use Soap.com. It is s a little more $$, but if you spend a certain amount, you get free 2 day shipping which makes it easy to decide when to place your order, etc.

I had to see what Wal-Mart to Go was! Just the regular Wal-Mart website has bottled water, cereal, granola bars... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is what most people use. We have also used Amazon.com or Soap.com. We usually use Soap.com. It is s a little more $$, but if you spend a certain amount, you get free 2 day shipping which makes it easy to decide when to place your order, etc.

Thanks for the answer. I think I'll go with amazon.com as I'm ALWAYS dealing with them!! :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

I'm so excited to be subbing in to this thread! We will be staying at POP from August 24th through August 30! What do you all think the chances of free dining in late August are?

Woohoo! Just booked Aug. 20-27 at POFQ!!! :cool1:

:cool1:

I'm so excited to be subbing in to this thread! We will be staying at POP from August 24th through August 30! What do you all think the chances of free dining in late August are?

Hello and welcome!! I am hoping the chances of free dining are pretty good!! Especially the week you are going. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Crossing my fingers for free dining... if thats the case i will be staying at CBR.... please please please FD gods shine on us... LOL .....

Welcome all!

Historically free dining has been offered at the end of August so hopefully it is the same next year for u all! I'll update the resort lists tomorrow!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

My husband and I officially booked our Aug. extravaganza! I almost feel like, with out the ability to go on the Disney website and see that i'm booked, it's not really happening. I need to have that little thrill every week when I pop onto the web and sign in. Disney asks me how I booked and I type "directly through Walt Disney" and then the confirmation number. As Tinkerbell flutters on my screen my heart skips a beat as the number of days until I get to be a kid again pops up on my screen. It's a little silly to some people I know, but somehow, all the stuff that makes life so hard gets a little easier just knowing that the happiest and most magical place on earth is there, waiting for you. From visit to visit things are changing and getting added but one stop by the Dole whip stand or a relaxing trip on the people mover and it almost feels like there was no space between visits. In a world with so much anger and fear, so much trouble and strife, it is a blessing to have a place where the troubles of this world seem, just a little farther away and that, for a time, dreams really can come true.

I have changed my resort decision! I just couldn't stand not going back to All Star Sports so no more POP I'm going back to my home! All Star Sports here we come!

poohlover4life said:
My husband and I officially booked our Aug. extravaganza! I almost feel like, with out the ability to go on the Disney website and see that i'm booked, it's not really happening. I need to have that little thrill every week when I pop onto the web and sign in. Disney asks me how I booked and I type "directly through Walt Disney" and then the confirmation number. As Tinkerbell flutters on my screen my heart skips a beat as the number of days until I get to be a kid again pops up on my screen. It's a little silly to some people I know, but somehow, all the stuff that makes life so hard gets a little easier just knowing that the happiest and most magical place on earth is there, waiting for you. From visit to visit things are changing and getting added but one stop by the Dole whip stand or a relaxing trip on the people mover and it almost feels like there was no space between visits. In a world with so much anger and fear, so much trouble and strife, it is a blessing to have a place where the troubles of this world seem, just a little farther away and that, for a time, dreams really can come true.

That's a beautiful way to put it! Where will you be staying?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

poohlover4life said:

Love this... I too don't feel like I'm going until I have my confirmation #....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I LOVE this!!!! Seriously though, Disney is a place where you can just forget everything and be like a kid again, and that is a HUGE reason I love going to the parks.

I LOVE THIS!!!!!

:welcome: to the boards and welcome to our little (but growing!) August group! What are your dates and I can add you to our resort list!

What a busy month for me. I thought once the kids went back to school that I would have a little more time on my hands and boy was I wrong! My son joined our fire hall as an Explorer and they have all kinds of trainings and meetings, my own membership responsibilities have been jam packed and my daughter is starting to learn to drive! :scared1:

On top of it all it seems like the temps here went from HOT to Frigid in the span of a week. We have freeze warnings tonight and I am refusing to turn on my furnace yet!!! Just gonna add blankets for now lol. With such a mild winter last year I have this horrible feeling that we're going to get slammed with snow this year.

Thank goodness I have a trip to look forward to next year! 320 days to go :rotfl:

Patiently waiting for some discounts for August::yes:: I was reading all the threads on the new discount that came out today and cannot wait til we can feel the same excitement for August discountspixiedust: I would love a good RO offer!

I LOVE THIS!!!!!

On top of it all it seems like the temps here went from HOT to Frigid in the span of a week. We have freeze warnings tonight and I am refusing to turn on my furnace yet!!! Just gonna add blankets for now lol. With such a mild winter last year I have this horrible feeling that we're going to get slammed with snow this year.

Thank goodness I have a trip to look forward to next year! 320 days to go :rotfl:

CURSE YOUR TALK OF SNOW, SenecaWolf!!:faint: I cant believe that they are calling for 28 degrees tonight:crazy2:......if you've got hatches, you better batten 'em downpirate:

CURSE YOUR TALK OF SNOW, SenecaWolf!!:faint: I cant believe that they are calling for 28 degrees tonight:crazy2:......if you've got hatches, you better batten 'em downpirate:

28! Oh my! Well, we're going to be a balmy 36 tonight!! :rotfl:

well, we have a freeze warning here in Maine tonight, so I'm assuming under 32 degrees!!! Ok, why isn't there a winter smiley??? :confused3

OKay, I really need another hobby! I am still 10 months away from my next August trip and I have already picked out the adr's that I cannot BOOK until February!:rotfl2::lmao:

Oh and BTW Sarah, can you add my resort to the list.....

POR 8/18-8/29. I still may change resorts (thinking about upgrading to deluxe), but I haven't decided yet. I may stay at POR and use the extra money on something else like shopping! After all this is a girl's only trip.:scratchin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter